• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Strikes Back

If throwing feats are the best feats then Krulcifer should be here due to her feat of throwing dozens of shots that were ricocheting and they all hit vital spots without a single inch of deviation even when her opponent was moving, but, oh wait, throwing feats aren't going to do much in a fight againts the characters on Top 3.

I won't say that they aren't impressive but it's not like they are going to give a spot on Top 5.

"Throwing shit can be hit away."

And sword strikes can be blocked. Or outranged. Even easier than sword strikes. Two can play that argument. Also unhealthy? What the eff do you think this is, a drug addiction? This is a debating website.

"Everything Ikki has is shown."

No it's not. He's a LIGHT NOVEL character. Nothing he has is shown, unless we count the anime adaptation. It's all text, genius. and even then, the only reason Ikki tops this list is because of normally unquantifiable things that goes "But this takes a lot of skill you guys!" Next you're gonna see something like "I regrew my body from nothing by sheer skill now I'm secure at the top" or something like that. Ikki ain't unskilled by any means, but show actually quantifiable things that don't have the LN staple of language that's more flowery than a freaking garden.

You know, with how much you suck off Ikki and his fate, Im surprised you're not gravitating towards the fact that one, the dude was explicitly shown to have gained skill from it, and two, this is Marvel, where herald level shit at minimum is recorded in it every day. You have intimate knowledge on things like Galactus and Beyonder but not on kung fu. Makes perfect sense to me.

"Seeing possibilities"

Sure, at some level it's skill. Reading your opponents is skill. To a certain extent. I bait you into moving right after grooming you with my left. I've played enough Smash to know that it's skill. And then it just becomes straight precog. Which is what all these feats eventually become. But you know, they say skill so you instantly gravitate towards it. Heck, even if I concede that it is entirely skill, Ikki would still lose to Musashi due to her possibility stuff. And Bill Cipher. And Black Zetsu, who predicted millennia into the future.

"Poseidon"

And I'm not saying it's not cool. But it's still the epitome of plot. If someone can blitz you a thousand times over, you're not winning. Period. Like what, is Spider-Man besting the MFTL+ Thor something to top the list? Wonder Woman could catch an immeasurable in her lasso. Does she top the list?

"Caught thousands of afterimages"

Aight so every danmaku character should be number two. Can't wait to see it overpopulated with Touhou, Undertale, Gungeon, etc., or Sora and Riku blocking hundreds of beams of light. Is it cuz Poseidon's faster? If so, see above.

"Water bottle and billiards"

Amazing strawman, dude. Tell me, which one has actually been used for combat before?

• Way to take my "unhealthy" joke way too serious. And no, the sword of a master cannot be blocked. The rock of a master can be blocked though. Why? Because you can give a sword control, you cannot give a rock air control after it has left your hand. The best you can do is bounce or curve, but either way, the arc is predictable, by anyone who has any level of skill.
  • So ugh...being a light novel automatically disqualifies you from taking a spot? My gawd dude xD. Light novel or not, what happens has a very detailed explanation. You do not "see" it, but you see it explained in great detail from, the movement of the toes up to minor tilts of the sword, even up to mind games. There is nothing left out. Ikki has shown feats, he just shows it with words, cus that's his media.
Also "with how much you suck off ikki". That's just appeal to tradition. It's like you're trying to make my arguments look bad by taking completely banazas things and saying "im surprised you're not arguing that". No, desperado is transcendence over fate, it is reached through hard work and willpower, but not skill. Not all hard work is skill. So again i do not see what was the point of this.

And two, you completely and i mean completely missed the point. It has knowledge on a ton of shit, it doesn't have mastery. Knowledge isn't proficiency and proficiency isn't mastery. As i said, it having info on every martial art is not only useless as you can know something without being good at it. And even if it were mastery over everything, it's still just the usual "master of every martial art" feat that everyone and their grandmother in top 5 has.

• This point wasn't even about ikki, it's about sasaki. Musashi's possibilities are part of her 2-A shit iirc. And even then, it's not that hard, when it has a good enough explanation. Sasaki doesn't know what will happen 1000 moves in the future, he knows what ca happen up to that point. It's really more just high iq and simulation. Example he sees "you can move to the left, to the right, to the front, up etc, then after that you can move or attack" stuff like that i think. As for Ikki's Perfect Vision, it's just an on crack version of "if i were in your place". He understands who you are, and therefore out of everything you can do, what will you do. Similar to how you know where your best friend may hide a certain object by saying "he would put it here", because you know him and the way he thinks. This is just a much better version.
  • Yes, but it felt like you were taking credit off of it completely. Is it really possible? No. Would it be possible if the difference in speed weren't enough to basically make clones? Yes.
  • I wasn't strawmanning, i was just explaining that throwing stuff isn't as impressive as you think. It's skill sure, not gonna yeet you into top 5 via "can throw stuff well".

Has 『ÒÇÇÒÇÇ』 been considered? They seem fairly skilled.

That aside, how high up would a 9-B girl that can block High 7-A to 6-C energy beams via skill get?

She can also chew a screw of a 7-B to High 7-A metal dragon to dust via skill.

Isn't it great when skill feats make sense? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's fodder stuff, I have a verse where a 10-A blocks and reflects a High 4-C attack into an enemy's organs by parrying with a normal sword.

XDragnoir said:
Btw, why jax is in the top 5? I knew he had good skill but not that much.
Mastery of all weapons and martial arts in his verse, as well as outskilling other impressively skilled individuals in his verse from what I've been told

DontTalkDT said:

That aside, how high up would a 9-B girl that can block High 7-A to 6-C energy beams via skill get?

With some more detail, I'd say top 5 easily

Time to make a profile for Tatsumi the

DontTalkDT said:

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not...

Ionliosite said:
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not...
One side character in Owari no Chronicle does that level of nonsense in exactly one scene right at the end.

Before that everything made sense...

With that cry, she placed the bolt in her mouth.

She held it between her back teeth on the right, gathered her strength, and bit through it.

Normally, her teeth would have broken first, but Tatsumi had perfected her technique to the point that she could pulverize the bolt and swallow it.
Skill.

Tatsumi is also comparable or superior to Hiba who thinks all steps ahead

He did not predict his enemy's movements. After deciding which flow of motion seemed best, he constructed that motion with a focus on his interactions with the other participant.

Instead of thinking five or ten steps ahead, he thought every step ahead as he moved.
Why does this get so bs at the end

What about 『ÒÇÇÒÇÇ』 (Shiro and Sora)?

Not that knowledgable about No Game No Life, but that VR Egoshooter game in the final two episodes was fairly impressive.

I really wish Knight Run translations didnt stop right before the civil war, its so chokeful of fights between god tiers, witch would result in more feats overall. But suck on that, Pray is gatekeeping with literally a short opening arc and a completly seperate side arc where she didnt even appear in lol

Dont force yourself, its an aquired taste, the series has some really weird flaws. But if manage to get through them then oh boy. Oh boy oh boy

The Prince of Counters said:
Updating the ranking for everyone and adding the others ( I suggested Zekka last thread but him and several others never got added I believe.)
Oh shit my bad, I'll add Zekka and Mihawk and sort out the ranks tonight

Mihawk will start at 9th, and we can compare him to the others more closely to see how high up he can really get

Zekka and Vandre we will have to discuss

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Record of Ragnarok is so damn refreshing compared to most of the series in this list, no cap. I started reading the first chapter and it's quite good
yeah, it's very entertaining

So then I'll have to debate Mihawk vs Future Warrior, Garou and Vash huh? I'll probably be able to prove Mihawk is more skilled than Future Warrior but Garou and Vash are gonna be the fun ones. So feats for Future Warrior?

The Prince of Counters said:
So then I'll have to debate Mihawk vs Future Warrior, Garou and Vash huh? I'll probably be able to prove Mihawk is more skilled than Future Warrior but Garou and Vash are gonna be the fun ones. So feats for Future Warrior?
He can learn a vast majority of the combos, physical moves, and energy attacks of almost every character in the DB franchise (I believe that's why he's on the list, but he was already added before I got into this, so I'm not sure)

Not really sure how that makes him worhry of being on this list, let alone being in the top ten. Zoro's swordsman feats are a lot better and then we have Mihawk who can skill stomp Zoro with nothing but a butter knife and fancy footwork, and has a lot of chain scaling for his levels of skill. I think it can be agreed that Mihawk should take his place.

I'd like to argue a bit on his behalf. I'll be back in a bit with some feats FW should scale to due to his being able copy all of there skills

And I mean Prince, you could actually argue those feats by bringing them up. Is kinda hard to say anything AGAINST your points when the only things so far are "those feats aren't even as good".

Granted I do agree I don't put the Future Warrior's feats that far above. Is pretty cool he can learn all the moves but... the great majority are the near same thing or just combos of physical moves that aren't really very complicated in the technical sense compared to the stuff they do normally. They are pretty much combos of what they do normally.

BakiHanma18 said:
I'd like to argue a bit on his behalf. I'll be back in a bit with some feats FW should scale to due to his being able copy all of there skills
Why do you want to find feats for me though? o_O

Back