• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Strikes Back

The Prince of Counters said:
I have ******* Hughes net satelite internet so i can relate to this on a spiritual level.
I can feel my conceptual self cringing at this, I feel you.

But no, I don't think Pray is above Ikki, or equal. Or rather, I personally think they are actually close, but a combinations of feats and a crazy stupid scaling chain is what has mostly put her where she is, and is not gonna stand under scrutiny as much as outright feats which is what Earl has mainly argued.

Also I'm kinda iffy on Musashi's chain scaling tbh, i dunnu why her skill when it comes to sheer swordsmanship is being scaled to martial artist and sharp shooters. The logic behind it is iffy and i seriously doubt Musashi is more skilled than the likes of Li and Red Hare in hand to hand combat.

I mean, this is about Combat Skill, not ability with different kinds of fighting styles skill, which gets lost among all the stuff. She's just a general better melee fighter as far as we can see.

I have a bit of a question

Can a character be listed on here for skill, if they have REALLY good marksmanship? Asking because I see Vash listed here

Like I said before, just remember that this is combat skill.

If its the kind of feat that is applicable to combat, yes. I feel this is a point that gets completely and utterly lost a lot of the time as we start arguing of how much more complex this thing this dude did is compared to this other dude.

D has some pretty good marksman feats as well

He's able to throw wooden stakes with such speed and precision they catch fire, and can pierce bullet proof glass and crap.

A Noble with the same speed and skill as D threw a crap ton of Caltrops through the air at him, and D threw out his needles in return, knocking them out of the air. He was also able to knock another few out with just sword.

Back