• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Strikes Back

To answer cal and Sir from the other thread.

@Cal

I meant in skill. When has throwing his shield ever been useful on someone even remotely as skilled as ikki?

@Sir

Well it depends really. Perfect Vision is just Blade Steal but used on people. Other than that though perfect vision is basically just very very good combat precog. So it falls under the:

If the user is unskilled it doesn't give him much of an edge.

If the user is very skilled (which ikki is), it gives him an edge like no other. It makes him MUCH stronger.

So it really just depends on where your skill level is without it.

Firephoenixearl said:
Place 5 is actually 10th place but ok
I am fully aware of that, don't you see the quotation marks? But alright, keep kicking this old man while hes on the ground

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
CH is yeeted so it needs to be removed
I said this before, but the chosen one from animator vs animation doesn't deserve to be on here at all
I'll get that done in a bit

I am fully aware of that, don't you see the quotation marks? But alright, keep kicking this old man while hes on the ground

Sorry it was so tempting. Had to do it. But don't cri let's go grab some coffee

So, The Player (Jump Force) can beat without being touched once and has mimicked the abillities (over a single spar with each) of: Kesnhiro, Goku, Trunks, Kenshin, Zoro, Sanji, Madara and Yusuke.

Should be pretty high up there in skill.

I mean, Kenshiro is in 11, and beating them while unscarched plus having all of their skill at once should be able to get him in top 10, I think.

What does Karate Kid have beyond PIS and being better than any human for skills again?

I mean, doesn't future warrior get their ranking due to having all the skills of goku and co.? Sure, Whis is more skilled than Goku, but with how much stronger he also is, I don't think it's that much beyond what the player does.

Pretty sure anything up to Garou isn't too incomparable. I don't know about Garou himself tough. The whole acopunture and power mimicry is something Kenshir himself can do, and people with the Sharingan aren't better off against the player, either. From what I remember Garou "only" copied and combined several martial arts (or fighting styles, like the doggo), and can redirect and hit back with a lot more power than what he was attacked with.

I mean its good, it's just not quantifiable. If those 7 knights don't have any feats of their own then it's not something that is impressive by default.

I can beat 7 classmates. And a russian soldier can beat 7 other soldiers. And someone on this list can beat seven other members on this list.

The feat in all 3 examples above stays the same, but you can see the flaw in the logic of "can beat others" it depends on the quality of the people you beat. Beating others just means you scale overall above them, not that it's quantifiable if they don't have anything quantifiable.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Their skill is mostly tactical skill. Like the Owl who can trick her opponent to summoning one of his targets where he has the home field advantage.
Not a very impressive feat then.

Its alright. And my only point is that simply prediction is prediction. It is more or less useless, and what actually matters is the degree to which you can employ the information of prediction in actual combat. Otherwise, we would need to discard all these little ***** and find some dude that predicted the entire behavior of nations for decades and centuries ahead in a single day or something.

Sasaki is so high in the first place because of how thorough his analysis is and the fact that he can use that information to overcome an utter stomp of a speed and power difference. That's the kinda shit that has worth to me.

In that sense, I kind of see Blade Steal as a way, way more impressive feat for Ikki than Perfect Vision.

Just gonna paste this in again, I guess

@Earl And I know, yet is not nearly as super formidable even in close combat as everything you say about Ikki's skills and his techniques would make us believe. But that's just to,me.

At least one or multiple of these things:

(1) Be A Sword Saint

(2) Transcend human (or another given species/class of being if the character isn't human) limitation in a verse that already has a bunch of absurd skill bullshit going on

(3) Have your name be Sasaki Kojiro

(4) Have Earl Supporting you

(5) Have bullshit enough skill feats that you basically need to form cognitive dissonance or be on drugs to accept them as anything close to reasonable, but still have to be not so bullshit that it gets dismissed as conceptual

Oh, just to be clear, I'm saying this as someone who supports multiple characters on the level of the top 3. I'm saying this to poke fun at ourselves, not anyone in particular

Also, let's be real. I would say it is more impressive at how well Earl debates the skill of his characters. I'm not saying they are wrong to he here (I think they are absurdly skilled), but I think no one would disagree that they wouldnt be on the list without the strong supporter that is Earl to rep them

Back