• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: Return of the Skill List

Tdtd1234 said:
More accurately it's the skills they had when they were alive represented as a single ability so it would fit on a skill sheet.
Sasaki can predict thousands of moves ahead i'm sure the fight was accurate.
It's still an ability though.

Depends, he was caught off guard in that fight.

Dude, I've read Baki front to back twice now and there are people that are viewed as absolutely nothing compared to Sword Saints that are better than Yujiro.

Sasaki's entire deal is precog, something that people vastly below Sword Saints have in droves.

Idk much about Fugil.

Hl3 or bust said:
Dude, I've read Baki front to back twice now and there are people that are viewed as absolutely nothing compared to Sword Saints that are better than Yujiro.
Sasaki's entire deal is precog, something that people vastly below Sword Saints have in droves.

Idk much about Fugil.
The front to back of... Grappler Baki? Cuz like, New Grappler Baki, Son of Ogre, and Baki Dou exist

The thing is, they're not quantifiable.

Let's have an example like, who would be more skilled, a dude who cuts concepts with skill or a dude whose skill is beyond time and space?

It's basically just headcanon at that point as neither of those are "actual" combat skill. They're just statements, not a feat.

I've already given my reasons along with Paul. The short of it is that he scales above people who are already top 5 material by a literally infinite amount.

I mean, Fugil also scales far above characters who can do what you posted for them and more, I don't see what puts Yagyu at #1 just by being "infinitely superior" in skill to others, they aren't infinitely superior, how can you be infinitely superior to someone in skill? They are above them by a huge amount, but I don't think "infinity" is really something quantifable.

Yeah, just to be clear, we're not doing that "infinite skill" and "0 and infinity" Shimosa stuff for reasons we already discussed when placing Musashi, but if Yagyu normally scales past Musashi, give some feats as to how

Why exactly is that bad? Like, if you're gonna move the rules around the #1 spot at least make it less obvious.

Anyways, Yagyu has always been portrayed as well above every other Sword Saint, as he matched both Infinity Sasaki and Zero Musashi while holding back. Even without that, he scale above god knows how many people who have various skills on par with or outright superior to most of the list as already shown several times.

Jesus Jordan, you dropped me some text there.

Can i at least consider people to be familiar with the spam message that gets send around everytime i have to explain Pray?

Well lets see. John has a pretty insane and long scaling chain of skill there, but 2 things kinda makes me iffy. First, the baseline for the chain seems to be red martians, but they scale to rather featless human warriors. Assuming that we are talking about real life soldiers to that time period (Or more skilled due to fictional exaggeration), it isnt that impressive, but you can change my mind about that.

The other problem is that it seems that higher skilled factions tend to hard counter the lower skilled faction. Dont misunderstand me, i am not accusing them of not being "more" skilled due to that, but it does sponges the scale a bit.

But, i would actually run into the same problem, so i did a bit of Knight Run cruising (Alright i rereaded the series for the fifth time, dont judge me) and found some feats as well.

So, yada yada yada Knight scaling across the universe, Master Knight scaling across all Knights and Cold heroes scaling above all Master Knights period.

A pretty unskilled Knight can predict an entire army by reading their Inerta and Gravity movement, interpreting actual musclemovement out of them. The same Knight can cut falling leafes midair cleanly in half with a wooden sword.

Another Knight, pretty dang unskilled too, can cleanly cut of limps from enemies barehanded, this is pretty baseline for Knights.

Clint Zail, the pupil of Sion, can accuratly cut someones arm of across an entire building with nothing more then his senses (No contact to the target at all, just pure senses). The same senses allow him to identify keytargets with nothing more then their footsteps, he not only identifies them as enemies this way, he can pinpoint their exact position and even tell characteristics like gender. He did this in a buisy office building, through multiple floors. His sword art is so refinied, to the point where nearly everything from his draw to the cut, to the resheathing, is nearly invisible. He can basically seemingly stand still and suddenly you get hit by hundrets of swordstrikes, while his sword still looks sheathed.

Anne has multiple feats of tangoing with far stronger enemies, fun fact, Anne is barely strong enough physically to be considered a Knight, she lacks in physical stats and gets blitzed so often its not even funny. She predicted multiple attacks, used to kill things far faster than she ever could be at point blank. Her analytical prediction, while not perfect vision level, is still pretty good, because it dosnt just predict movements, but the victory intention behind it, she grasps what your winning plan is, by just standing next to you. And yes its skillbased, she grasps your rythm and deduces it out of it.

Dry predicted attacks that were literally too fast for him to react to without much trouble.

And Pray is above all of that. What Sion archived in 2 years of gruesome wars after wars after wars? 6 months after graduation. Anne's analytical prediction? Compared to Pray's pitiful. Anne can predict with it, Pray basically looks into the future with it. Dry with actual, possible infinite possibility precog? Pray rolls him over.

The rest would be repeating older points over again, you will find them on the last thread iirc

Yeah, no, not going to quote the +50 message convo where everyone came to agree that Shimosa stuff wasn't gunna work here. It's on the previous threads when Musashi got her placement.

Does Yagyu normally scale above Musashi? @Creature made some pretty convincing arguments on her behalf as I remember

I don't know what to tell you then. I remember it being """"""""""dicussed"""""""""" on the last thread, and yes those quotation marks indicated that it wasn't discussed in the slightest as it was literally just mentioned and ignored.

Yagyu always scales above her. Musashi being good does nothing but buff him because he is always depicted as superior to her.

Hl3 or bust said:
I don't know what to tell you then. I remember it being """"""""""dicussed"""""""""" on the last thread, and yes those quotation marks indicated that it wasn't discussed in the slightest as it was literally just mentioned and ignored.
Yagyu always scales above her. Musashi being good does nothing but buff him because he is always depicted as superior to her.
Okay, I remember a large discussion between several people still active at the time and an agreement to not use them, but that must be the Mandela Effect

To what degree?

To be entirely fair this might have happened in an earlier thread.

Normal Musashi called his ability "unfair" in comparison to her own, and in Shimosa he matched both Infinity Sasaki and Zero Musashi while holding back.

I mean, we can discuss it again if you want, I can discuss Fugil againts anyone on the Top 2 + Hayato, but in another thread, this one is getting full.

Back