• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Strikes Back

The Prince of Counters said:
Any suggestions for where Zoro ( Mihawk ) would rank?
Scale up from no 15. How skilled is Zoro compared to someone like Son Wukong, Tommy Oliver, or Kenshiro?

Xulrev said:
None of the people listed would be able to replicate what Sasaki does to hold the 2nd spot though, is my issue, ESPECIALLY Yujiro. Fugil seems to have some vacuous scaling that implies, for a time, they might be able to come close.
So only Fugil sharing 2nd spot, ok

Xulrev said:
If they're sharing the second spot, I'm fine with that. None of the people listed would be able to replicate what Sasaki does to hold the 2nd spot though, is my issue, ESPECIALLY Yujiro. Fugil seems to have some vacuous scaling that implies, for a time, they might be able to come close.
I think some Versus Threads may be in order....
Except that's not true at all. We've already discussed that Sasaki is slightly superior to Yujiro in terms of skill, but that they are basically as comparable as Fugil and Yujiro (one is better at something, the other is better at something else), so at the very least, Fugil and Yujiro are guaranteed to tie with Sasaki

I'm stil vehemently against Yujiro being more skilled whenever he wouldn't be able to replicate any of Sasaski's feats. I don't think Yujiro has any means to counter Thousand Image Defense.

@Baki

Read his feats and tell me, Mihawk can causally skill stomp Zoro with ease while using the butter knife so naturally he'd scale wayyy above Zoro's own feats.
I think at the very least, Mikhawk should be 9th, and I expect him to end up close or within top 5

Pretty sure Task can replicate Sasaki's feats given the Cap scaling. His throwing feats have shown him capable of calculating the ability to deflect all the blasts, given how he was able to ricochet his shield hundreds of times to get exactly where it needs to go.

The real cal howard said:
Pretty sure Task can replicate Sasaki's feats given the Cap scaling. His throwing feats have shown him capable of calculating the ability to deflect all the blasts, given how he was able to ricochet his shield hundreds of times to get exactly where it needs to go.
Task's skill in analysis, replication, and mastery is incredibly impressive. He certainly does deserve to move up with everyone else to 2nd

Show me Task being able to see thousands of possibilities, or for matter of fact let's talk about Cap's shit for a moment since I've been feeling off about it. From the sounds of it Cap's best feat would be beating the internet or whatever, to which I have several questions. At what point in time was this done? The internet from years ago is massively different than what it is now, not to mention there's not a lot on the internet that would be helpful in a comabt situation so I'm failing to understand how this feat is all that impressive.

Task probably cannot replicate the techniques of the sword saints, as even the fate version of Tasky, Izo the Manslayer, can't replicate them, despite him being able to loosely keep up with them in skill.

That just means that his Power Mimicry isn't that good to begin with. If you're said to be able to copy everything but you can't copy something, then that means you can't copy everything.

There are very few that compare to Sasaki's certain field of expertise, but realize that, while his skill in his analysis and mimicry is god-like, he's a bit of a two trick pony. There are plenty of characters name those in 3rd place currently, that are insanely more skilled than him in other regards, making there skills roughly comparable

>See thousands of possibilities

Aight so seeing possibilities is skill now? Bill Cipher at no. 1 for seeing infinite possibilities.

>Cap's best stuff

Shown on every other thread. Other than Yujiro, he's the only person who's shown feats that aren't just words. Pure words as everyone else besides Task, Sasaki, and Yujiro are light novel characters. Sasaki's best feat is blocking Poseidon's lances that's blitz him. Which while impressive isn't no 2 material, especially after only one fight. Nobody has shown the dexterity that Cap or Hawkeye or Bullseye has. There's people who have shown other skill feats other than dexterity, but in terms of that level of skill, they haven't done that.

>Internet

Idk why we're ignoring that it's Marvel's Internet. You're telling me the database that has intimate knowledge on Galactus wouldn't have the same for martial arts and the like? Researching things that predates the universe from three universes away is a cinch but learning karate? Big no.

The internet especially on Marvel computers is actually extremely smart compared to the real world at the time since that internet is meant to be a "Database of all known knowledge"

Saying Marvel internet is somehow less knowledgeable then real life internet is REALLY reaching, no offense of course.

He can copy any NP or sword style that isn't reliant on the nature of the sword itself. As in, he obviously cannot copy Artoria's Excaliblast or Lancelot's Arondite Overload, because those come from the sacred sword themselves, not the technique of the user. They also, obviously need to be anti-unit, but that must means he can't copy a tactical nuke, and I'm assuming Task Master couldn't either. Anything other than those two qualifications are within his grasp to copy. But, even someone who can learn any of those NP and styles at a glance, cannot copy the mystic sword techniques of Musashi or Kojiro

1: Oh no, no no pal, Yujiro and Task he isn't the only person who has on screen feats. **** more than half the characters have multiple solid on screen feats, even then it doesn't matter much since going by that logic alone Zoro and Mihawk would be in the top 5 due to all of their feats being on screen and actually shown. Also if you think Sasaki vs Poseidon is his best feat you cleary haven't read RoR. Sasaki himself has plenty of feats that I'll post once I get off work. Again, you make it seem as if Yujiro and Task are the only ones with skill feats, which makes it sound like you've been ignoring shit.

2: It being Marvel's internet doesn't really matter much, knowledge on Galactus is nice and all but that doesn't speak much for the type of shit on the internet. But it seems like you avoided my question so let me ask again, what year was the internet feat? Not to mention even with that there isn't gonna be wikihow guides on how to become a master swordsman or karate master. Honestly you'd be better off using Cap's skill feats given that with the internet feat you need to use a lot of assumptions while the argument itself is flawed. You can learn Karate on the internet but it damn sure ain't gonna be the same as actually mastering it.

Also I'd hold on Musashi's spot she'll probably have solid on screen feats in EoR which is still on going, at the moment she has some good feats but nothing too crazy.

Yeah but it's better to have solid on screen feats just to appease those who prefer it. Plus it would make wonderful backup, hell she might even have better feats than what she scales above.

All combat applicable skills are taken into consideration, but I also don't disagree that onscreen showings give the feats more merit

You're implying I don't think Zoro and Mihawk should be higher than all the LN characters. I think they're all too high, given the massive amount of flowery shit that goes into light novels. And you're right. I haven't read RoR, same way you haven't read the Marvel comics. Hell, not even I read em all. Doesn't change the fact that the Poseidon fight is the one that got him on the list at all, let alone to number 2. And yeah, I think Yujiro and Task are the only of the top 5 besides Sasaki, being from a manga and all, who can actually put their money were their mouth is because they have

The real cal howard said:
You're implying I don't think Zoro and Mihawk should be higher than all the LN characters. I think they're all too high, given the massive amount of flowery shit that goes into light novels. And you're right. I haven't read RoR, same way you haven't read the Marvel comics. Hell, not even I read em all. Doesn't change the fact that the Poseidon fight is the one that got him on the list at all, let alone to number 2. And yeah, I think Yujiro and Task are the only of the top 5 besides Sasaki, being from a manga and all, who can actually put their money were their mouth is because they have
I've gotta ask, how would you order the top 5 personally?

The four at number 3 at number 1, then normally. Without looking at it more than once. If I really think, it'd be very different.

Yeah but it's better to have solid on screen feats just to appease those who prefer it. Plus it would make wonderful backup, hell she might even have better feats than what she scales above.
Yagyu and Musashi do have some good feats, and they are about as onscreen as you can be. Kojiro also has some good on screen stuff, but the more impressive stuff he does is scaling above all the mages in the verse skill wise, which is very on screen and very quantifiable. I could go through the skill scaling for Golemancy mages if you want

By on screen feats I man solid showings like Zoro does ( just as an example not implying his skill is >> her's just to clarify.)

EoR is still getting released so I wouldn't doubt if Musashi shows something that'll bump her here.

Would you mind giving me some examples? I have seen a good bit of one piece but I can't really think of anything particularly impressive, at least not by the standards of something that would come in handy skill wise. That being said, the ability to fight with his mouth in a high skilled way is one of the more impressive skill feats I can think of, but that's something he has been able to do since basically the beginning.

I would still say that Lancelot's on screen skill feats are still more impressive then that, but he might have been able to qualify for this list on his own if not for the sword saints hard scaling above him

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
What skill feats do oryx possess o_O?
From the discussion we had before, he apparently outskills billions of characters in his verse, but we were never given any feats for those soldiers, so he's where he is, but he could be moved higher or lower quite easily

@Cal's arguments:

Yes and my friend could do a bottle flip by throwing the bottle 20 meters away. Needs skill? Yes. Is it something that's incredibly useful against skilled opponents? No. Throwing shit can just be hit away cal, stop your obsession over it. It's not healthy.

Yes cal, seeing possibilities with skill, is skill. It's called "prediction of what your opponent can do". Idk about you but i find it to be a pretty useful thing to have, over throwing shit really well.

"Only Yujiro has shown feats". I mean everything for Ikki is also shown. And he has more than feats of throwing something.

Internet. Cal the internet feat is nothing impressive. Otherwise that nerdy kid who reads everything on the internet would be number 1 on this list for knowing so much about the internet. Knowing and applying aren't the same. Knowledge isn't proficiency and proficiency isn't mastery. Even highballing that feat, it's still no better than the average "knows all martial arts" which i've debunked countless times.

Something i however love is how cal completely disregards beating poseidon as an average feat. It's like "yeah he beat poseidon but can he throw a shield". The dude was creating thousands of afterimages when attacking and this guy beat him, but it's somehow less impressive than throwing your shield and have it bounce. The average 8ball pool player is better than sasaki i guess, cus they bounce a ball to hit another ball which bounces again to hit another which ends up bouncing and hitting it's target.

Schnee One said:
That bottle argument is less skill and more complete luck
In throwing stuff. Skill and luck are impossible to tell appart. You can by luck actually throw it several times in a row. But my point stays the same. Even doing it with skill, doesn't make it some ungodly combat skill because "throwing".

The God Of Procrastination said:
If we go too far along "combat applicability", then we just get a regular strongest thread. This doesn't seem too far, though.
Yes but otherwise we'll end up with lelouch for being skilled at chess and Soma for being skilled at cooking.

Back