• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Last Skill Thread

Recap for me (since I think I missed it) and for the rest of the thread here on, what places Doul, Zhong and/or Rim in third? Can't say I know too much about Shichika, but Pray is quite an act to tie with

When you find it, drop it here. I'll make the change and if anyone wants to contest it... well... we'll cross that bridge once we get to it...

@Baki

For Uther Doul it boiled down to mastery of every weapon, ranged and melee, and every martial art, to the point of being able to easily kill large monsters with eyes closed and effortlessly curbstomp mosquito-women, who are >> cactus men who are > scabmettlers who are >> humans. Plus perfectly efficient movement with his attacks being invisible and hyper-precise.

And then the Possible Sword Style, which requires him to constantly be aware of all the thousands to millions of moves he could make at every given time, (self-harming, detrimental, useful, etc) and move with exactly enough precision to shave off the negative possibilities, but just enough randomness to allow every beneficial possibility to occur. He can do this moment-by-moment while being assaulted by hundreds of warriors with varying weapons and tactics, every single one accounted for, at one point becoming a literal sphere of blades.

Ionliosite said:
Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Still bumping for Rimuru being at 3rd.
Why would Light Novel Rimuru even be 3rd when he isn't even the most skilled character of his own verse?
Er, what are you talking about? The only one comparable to him at this point in time is Hinata? He's long surpassed Hakurou and Dwargo.

I'm sure he surpassed Hakurou and Dwargo only in terms of power, not skill, and Hinata should also be above him.

Ionliosite said:
I'm sure he surpassed Hakurou and Dwargo only in terms of power, not skill, and Hinata should also be above him.
No, his training with Hakurou was purely skill based, and the powers he gained from that training were hardly AP applicable. I actually take back Dwargo's statement, iiirc, I don't know where he stands. Hinata admits that Rimuru was overpowering her in skill during their fight (a sword fight).

I know his training with Hakurou was purely skill based, but where is it said that Rimuru surpassed him? Because iirc Rimuru always admitted Hakurou being above him. The quote about Hinata would also be nice, given the only thing I remember about her statements of the match was being surprised he survived Melt Slash and and that he was able to predict all her attacks using the Skill [Predict Future Attack], which is magical in nature.

Yoriichi Tsugikuni; he is basicly a humble and tragic Gary Stu. Was even born with two power ups naturally and was the first to have them (one of them allows him to analyze his opponent's body and battle spirit, and predict their movement from them), and he invented the main power system and then created inferior variants because almost no one is able to learn the original.

I believe he ranks fairly high, though I haven't been following the skill wars, so someone more informed can tell who outskills him.

His feats include:

• People thought he was deaf until he was seven because he never speaks, but when he first spoke he was fully fluent.
  • As a child he managed to casually break his sword instructor's wooden sword and knock him out with four percision strikes the first time he held a sword, even though his brother failed to land a single hit on the instructor throughout his training.
  • As a child he is able to predict his opponent's movements with one of the powerups he was born with, and he has the physical capabilities to immedietly act on his prediction.
  • His talent and skills with a sword surpasses everyone around him without him putting effort (even sword masters he met years later, even though he didn't pick a sword aftering beating the instructor until his family was killed), but he is extremly disinterested with swords and dislikes them.
  • He was considered weak because he is always clinging to his mother, but he was actually supporting her left side because he recognized her illness made her left side weak.
  • Invented the main power system, and when sword masters were unable to learn it, he taught them different inferior modified variations that are made to fit their strengths.
  • Even at over 80 years old, the strength and speed of his techniques was the exact same as in his prime.
  • He was undefeated and died standing from old age before he can deliver the finishing blow on Kokushibo.
  • Only felt chills for the first time in his life after facing the final villain.
  • After analyizing the final villain's body, he perfected his sword techniques within a moment and demolish him in an instant. Essentially inventing a dozen techniques made to exploit the weakness of the final villain on the spot, which flow from each other like a dance. His techniques includes creating an afterimage through high-speed movement and rotations that tricks opponents regardless of how good their vision is.
  • Managed to cut over 1500 pieces of flesh exploding toward different directions at high speed on the spot.
  • The main villain is traumatized by him and believes "The real monster is that man, not me".
  • Master craftsmen created a mechanical training doll based on him, and gave it six arms and swords in an attempt to replicate his sword movements.
  • Superior to characters who can perfectly replicate movements and techniques after seeing them once.
  • Superior to characters who rapidly and explosively become faster, more accurate, and with higher reflexes by adapting to the battle.

He might fit somewhere in the top 15, though I'm not entirely sure. It's more likely he's just on the list than actually placing in one of the 15 top spots

Oh wait, when did Fugil get argued again? I'd like to recompare him to Musashi

Speaking of, at the very least I still want to contest Musashi being below RoR Sasaki in the list order

Hayato v Fugil and Yujiro v Hayato basically outlined that Hayato is a top tier the 3rd place, formerly second place, placement, however as I understand it, it was agreed that Fugil is actually a halfway point between people like Hayato and Yujiro and people like Ikki, halfway between exaggerated skill and inconceivable skill

Musashi vs RoR Sasaki and Fugil would be cool to see

Nah, not a debate just my opinion of him when I saw his feats. Placing him in the same category as something as realistic in terms of setting as kenichi felt weird.

You know, actually looking for quotes about TenSura skill, I was wrong on saying Hakurou was above Rimuru, because going by this quote, Hakrou = Rimuru:

Hinata's sword is sharp and fierce beyond belief. She is able to control her rapier at will, turning spurring to slashes fluently at ease. Moreover, Hinata's swordsmanship is very sound. She is not relying on any fancy techniques or magic, but is relying on her mastery of sword alone. In fact, only Hakurou would qualify to be able to confront me with a sword other than Hinata. But unfortunately, Hakurou probably won't be able to win. Their basic strengths are too different.
Considering all these, Hinata is almost a battle genius.
~ Volume 8, Chapter 5​
But as pointed out on that quote, Hinata > Rimuru, which is supported by other quotes:

Hinata is indeed strong, but I am now a ÒÇîTrue Demon LordÒÇì, so I should be able to suppress her with my body function alone. Yet the result is that we are on par in strength.
Hinata seems to have completely seen through my sword technique, and so she begins to attack without hesitation. Her attacks are swift while still blocking every counterattack I deliver. On top of that, she has even sacrificed her fierce continuous attacks to instead deliver a surprise attack. If it was me from the past, I would not have stood a chance. This simply means that Hinata didn't displayed her true ability at all during our last confrontation.
Should I consider myself lucky?
~ Volume 8, Chapter 5​
She won't kill Rimuru. The duel will be over if Rimuru is willing to admit Hinata as the victor.
Yet Hinata has not been able to execute this plan.
Through his extraordinary control of dimension and body functions, Rimuru has seen through the pattern of Hinata's attack.
What an incredible growth. But, these all have to do with body functions. You can't follow up with my level of skill.
His evolution is indeed astounding, yet in terms of techniques, he is just about the same as what she has experienced before. Even for a skill such as Hinata's ÒÇîUsurperÒÇì that can rob the opponent's skills, it can only make the user's body memorize the movements of the skill. In order to master the principles of these skills, the amount of repetitive training required would be so much as to cause one to faint.
It seems to be the same case for Rimuru. Hinata sees a chance to win. For there is a difference in their experience on the battlefield. Rimuru is clearly lacking in that regard.
~ Volume 8, Chapter 5​
There's also this quote that says that Gazel > Hinata:

After firmly stating that this was a secret, I told Gazel the full story of the fight between Hinata and me.
"Unbelievable. That woman…in honesty is stronger than me. It would be another story if we were to talk just about swordsmanship, but in overall strength, I'd be pushed back. Yet you really still won?"
~ Volume 9, Chapter 1​
So if you take that last quote as valid, Gazel Dwargo (Light Novel) takes the spot Rimuru has, otherwise, it goes to Sakaguchi Hinata (Light Novel).

Well, Dwargo is mostly statements above being > everyone on Rimuru's country (which doesn't include Hinata since she's from a different kingdom), and he bragged his swordsmanship skill would be above Hinata's skill (unlike in terms of power, where Hinata is above him). However, Hinata has much more feats and statements about her skill, so I'll just take that last Dwargo statement with a grain of salt and say Hinata should be the one.

After the forum move, will there be a way to come back and look at previous forums? I want to be able to come back and reference these threads for future discussions.

Creaturemaster971 said:
After the forum move, will there be a way to come back and look at previous forums? I want to be able to come back and reference these threads for future discussions.
I have no idea, but if not, I might be willing to C&P onto my phone in my Notes and re-post them

Creaturemaster971 said:
Also anyone wanna try doing a Skill VS with Musashi once I get up in the morning?
Who'd you have in mind? 2nd or 1st place, or someone with her in 3rd?

Anyone and/or everyone in 2nd or 1st. I'm hoping to maybe get her above Sasaki, but at the very least she hasn't been put through the Skill VS formula that Fugil, Hayato, and Yujiro have, so for the sake of completion I'd like to give her a shot in those too.

Tbh, due to Ion usually being....rather passive in skill debates, it'd be best to avoid fighting fugil unless you outskill everyone else below him (currently Hayato, being the top of number 3).

That's my plan, though what I'd really like to do first is go up against Sasaki, seeing as he's next in line, and I've readied some direct counterarguments against him.

Back