• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: Return of the Skill List

Ionliosite said:
Episode 6: Return of the Skill List
[Scrolling text]

Blah, blah, blah, Earl argues some bullshit for Ikki, blah, blah, blah, Ion makes a sarcastic comment about Fugil, blah, blah, blah, the Hanmas strike back, blah, blah, blah, Cal makes another riot that will put in danger the fate of the galaxy.
Blah blah more skill memes blah blah blah 2nd place gets swamped even more blah blah blah

Yeah, i think we shouldn't have more than 3 or 2 people holding one place, and there are 5 on 2nd....

AogiriKira said:
"One per verse"

Wait then why is Ikki and Eddel both on here
Because Ikki is the one with the feats, Edel just scales above him, and because no one is between them.

So King Bradley, Meruem, and some people in 2nd should be bumped down.

Now to watch everyone kill each other to see who should be bumped down. Mark 2 tributes to be bumped down

I'm quite sure Meruem deserves a spot, though his skill feat is fighting with and adapting to Netero who spent entire days training and praying for tens of years with little to no rest, the main thing that could put it here is that he is composed of hundreds if not thousands of fighters and Nen users who have their own feats and experience, and he's just 1 month old.

Meruem has borderline precognition because of how stupidly skilled he is. If characters like Master Oogway and Agent 47 are enough to be on this list, Meruem does too.

I remember when I suggested Taskmaster for something similar to this and people were telling me that there were many other characters in Marvel that are more skilled than him. Not anymore I see.

LordUrien935 said:
Meruem has borderline precognition because of how stupidly skilled he is. If characters like Master Oogway and Agent 47 are enough to be on this list, Meruem does too.
Truth. He completely out-does them in terms of analyzing, patterns, maneuverability and battle intelligence/experience

LordUrien935 said:
I remember when I suggested Taskmaster for something similar to this and people were telling me that there were many other characters in Marvel that are more skilled than him. Not anymore I see.
Yeah, in the first Top 5 Most Skilled Characters for Every Tier. How things have changed.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Better Call Cal if we decide to nuke taskmaster and replace him with meurem
Nobody ever said we'd replace Taskmaster with Meruem

I just think there should be a character limit of 2 for every place

The Prince of Counters said:
Ikki should still be removed, that's like me adding Zoro and Mihawk since Mihawk scales above Zoro while Zoro is the one with the feats.
You missed the "no one is between them". Ikki and Edel are both uncontested in the 1st spot, not like it matters whether it's 1 character or 2.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Can Mochizuki Toya get a spot?
Hit me with some feats, I'm still waiting to see if I'm bumping Tasky off of 2nd, and I'm waiting for some Meruem and Bradley feats

Firephoenixearl said:
Bradley isn't all that impressive. He is decently skilled, but most of his stuff is from his eye.
That's how I remembered it, but it's good to get some confirmation

>I'm waiting for some Meruem and Bradley feats

I'll give you some Meruem feats, or rather facts.

Meruem is a being composed from hundreds, if not thousands Nen users and humans, as his mother ate them all. To be a Nen user you have to go through significant training, and to be a GOOD one you have to go through many, many battles and find your nature (For example, Knuckle went through 5000, and he's only around 20 years old and is still learning). Welp, Meruem became one of the greatest Nen users after being born.

While a bit holding back because he wanted Netero to tell Meruem his name, he defeated Isaac Netero.

Netero was through god knows how many battles, but we know it was definitely FAR HIGHER number than Knuckle's battles, as Netero was seeking for a worthy, strong opponent for his entire life. He's above ANY Nen user ever in series, who has shown their own battle feats. He trained and prayed every single day for tens of years (50? 100?) to become the greatest Nen user ever. He has shown to be a genius when it comes to attack pattern and maneuverability, and that every single strike of his was his own, created "rhythm". After some time, Meruem completely adapted and found that "rhythm", technique and attack pattern (as every individual has one, he learned that from just having few rounds of playing a chess-like game) of his blows (from a giant Bodhisattvawith so many arms, and despite being much slower than Netero he finally punched his leg and arm off. While holding back to not kill him and to have a conversation. Netero only "defeated" him because he had a nuke placed inside his heart as his strongest attack left Meruem just a little damaged.

It's also worth noting he became second greatest player of Gungi (A chess-like game) just right after reading rules. He is a combat genius who is completely analyzing the "rhythm" and patterns of his opponents.

In his Post-Rose State he also absorbed his men Shaiapouf and Menthuthuyoupi. The guys who are also combat geniuses and are composed of many, many fighters.

So it would seem my HxH knowledge is still decent

My thought process is that he is roughly 100-1000x or skilled than average or good Nen users, who are unquantifiably more skilled than normal people, but to at least a considerable degree.

This I did forget, however. I thought he beat the blind Gungi player in the end, or could've but didn't.

Post boom boom Meruem is also considerably more skilled than pre rip Netero due to the aforementioned absorption

What place are we thinking?

He never really beat Komugi, even when they were playing their last game

I don't know. Meruem doesn't have many feats as his story was mainly about his character growth and not power/fighting abilities so I don't want to go into a war so probably out of the top 15 (I guess these guys have also some damn stupid skill feats). But he deserves respect here definitely.

I believe he is far more skilled than 100-1000 average/good Nen users (I meant those like Shoot etc), Netero already is like that.

Saitama with Fist of water polo carbonation belongs on this list.

Ultimate Hellfire Burst Wave-Motion Cannon also solo's everyone on this list too.

Back