• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Last Skill Thread

Are you asking for a comparison between that one feat vs all of Vash's? Because I'm pretty sure that while no 1 feat of Vash's is that impressive, he has some feats that when combined are more impressive

Yeah, but i don't think the character that made it can take a spot, i just wanted to know how the feats would compare, the guy that made it is mainly a sword user, but he has this one impressive archery feat.

Just wanna say. Hitting sth ten times is not more impressive than hitting it once. The reason it generally is treated as more impressive is cus hitting it once can be just luck. But if its clear skill then if you can hit it once you can hit it a hundred more times just fine.

Creaturemaster971 said:
"I fear not the man who has hit a thousand targets once. I fear the man who has hit one target a thousand times"

-Bruce Lee, Cowboy
Well yes as i said. Irl it is more impressive, cus luck plays a factor. Not when its stated to be skill doe

Firephoenixearl said:
Just wanna say. Hitting sth ten times is not more impressive than hitting it once. The reason it generally is treated as more impressive is cus hitting it once can be just luck. But if its clear skill then if you can hit it once you can hit it a hundred more times just fine.
That's what my first thought was. I mean, for a 10 inch target that far away, I suppose a skill argument could be made for hitting it 10 times due to change in wind or other variables that could change, but I feel like the variables would be negligible, right?

I can post more stuff for Vash btw you could probably also scale him above any combat feats in Trigun since he's portrayed to have the best combat talent in the series putting him way above people like Livio the Double Fang, Nicholas the Punisher, The Gun-Ho Guns and Legato Bluesummers.

LordGinSama said:
I can post more stuff for Vash btw you could probably also scale him above any combat feats in Trigun since he's portrayed to have the best combat talent in the series putting him way above people like Livio the Double Fang, Nicholas the Punisher, The Gun-Ho Guns and Legato Bluesummers.
How would you scale Vash's skill feats to someone hitting a 10 inch target from 10,000km away? From what I remember he never does anything like that parse, but he has skill feats that are comparable if not better, right? I only watched the anime, so I don't know for sure, but what do you think?

Well the Trigun planet is an absolute giant gas planet and Vash can shoot a tiny piece of string that's all the way in deep space with a single shot. And that's extremely casual for Vash while he has better feats and scales massively above better feats.

Yeah that's like nothing. But excuse me for asking but what's the purpose of this thread? I don't think this is anything we can use in a vs thread, maybe we can reference it but I doubt this'll be anything official.

Same as any "Top 5 of every tier" threads.

The best practical use these threads have had is creating some semblance of a standard by which skill can be quantified and compared as a "stat".

I personally just like skill-based shenanigans and am glad to see it get more recognition on this site.

Sometimes I refer to this list in debates, like I'll bring up someone's placement and if someone disagrees with the list, I remind them that anyone can go to this list and debate any placement.

Ionliosite said:
Well, Dwargo is mostly statements above being > everyone on Rimuru's country (which doesn't include Hinata since she's from a different kingdom), and he bragged his swordsmanship skill would be above Hinata's skill (unlike in terms of power, where Hinata is above him). However, Hinata has much more feats and statements about her skill, so I'll just take that last Dwargo statement with a grain of salt and say Hinata should be the one.
Hey, Ion. Did the statement of Hinata>Rimuru come before or after he got Predict Future Attack? Because looking at this, they seem equal, and the only reason why I say Rimuru would be superior is the fact that he won, using her own move against her.

She won't kill Rimuru. The duel will be over if Rimuru is willing to admit Hinata as the victor.
Yet Hinata has not been able to execute this plan.
Through his extraordinary control of dimension and body functions, Rimuru has seen through the pattern of Hinata's attack.
What an incredible growth. But, these all have to do with body functions. You can't follow up with my level of skill.

His evolution is indeed astounding, yet in terms of techniques, he is just about the same as what she has experienced before. Even for a skill such as Hinata's ÒÇîUsurperÒÇì that can rob the opponent's skills, it can only make the user's body memorize the movements of the skill. In order to master the principles of these skills, the amount of repetitive training required would be so much as to cause one to faint.
It seems to be the same case for Rimuru. Hinata sees a chance to win. For there is a difference in their experience on the battlefield. Rimuru is clearly lacking in that regard.
The middle portion only refers to hax skills. Rimuru's inexperience has been mentioned before, but his evolution in combat makes up for that. Once more, depending on if this is before or after he got Predict Future Attack, it could be Gazel>Rimuru>=Hinata>Hakurou.

Predict Future Attack is 100% supernatural given it is explicity a Skill he has, so it would have no bearing on anything.

I do not doubt it

As a sidenote, Earl, one would clearly assume Ikki is eventually going to surpass Edelweiss. How do you think this is going to be accomplished?

Because we've established that she improves faster than him and Stella, resists his info analysis, can counter or adapt to his Secret techniques, and has better versions of at least one of those techniques anyway.

Well he is already close as by her own statement. Though the better you get the harder it is to develop, so likely a point to keep in mind. And she acknowledged him as a worthy opponent. So the difference is rather small now.

Back