• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Skilled Sequel

Still 98% of the most skilled for any tier falls into supernatural including all characters here. You guys have put the "skills" from supernatural comics, novels, manga, anime, etc in a human range while all those characters are not. So what if its magic, so what if its wind manipulation or whatever as long as it takes skills to use it. It may take a precise use of the magic with complex skills, arrays, chants, etc. It may be some martial arts that let you shift the position of your organs but you still need skills or technique to not kill yourself. It may be some overpowered sword art in which you manipulate the air current to block incoming attacks or attack. It may be all of them for a super "Alpha and Omega" technique but it may need precise control, a trained body, a good dexterity, movement of the muscles or what ever.

You must understant those are not normal humans, don't put the eticket on them and then try to narrow the skills of what its skill and what its not as truly you just shift the balance to be in your favor. Nothing from what was posted, its posted and will be posted fall in the "possible human" with the characters you mention, excluding some feats for the more normal characters.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
If we based VS debating off feats. Goku would win every VS match that didn't involve the masadaverse,the CM, and meme verses
Wat? Goku's skillfeats that are skill and not AP are... few and not that impressive. His skill almost completely comes from scaling chains.

There are hundreds of verses with better showings of skill and use of it.

It's a superpower. There's no logical way you can stretch to be able to visually identify a cavity in someone's mouth whilst it is closed and they don't even feel it. You can't even see it normally with your mouth open. There's no logical explanation to it, even if there's a "reason" given by the verse. Just as no realistic skill based martial art form can make a typical human able to fire Ki blasts, no knowledge of any kind can give you the ability to perceive and know things which cannot be assessed.

And half of what Ikki can do, from what you've shown me, Earl, are superpowers attained through skill. Those would be nerfed too.

I think we should determine "skill" as how good a character is at doing something whether classed as supernatural or not. In this case how good a character is in combat arts. That brings most characters back in contention. However the original OP restricted conceptual and experience based stuff. So take that into account.

Statements are more prone to exaggeration or flowery language or straight up lying or being wrong. Which is why feats matter more. But that's besides the point. I'm the only one who's shown things besides "he has really good looking". Other than a couple things Earl has shown, everything so far has been either prediction or copying. Execution is far more of a showing of skill, and I showed that.

cough cough Garou cough cough

(in case you didn't see my comment earlier, essentially Garou should be > Goku)

Sooner or later few combat ability feats reach a supernatural territory: few can learn hundreds of martial arts like is the case of Bruce or Gilad, other can liiterally fight against the force of nature or ideas by mere melee combat such Guts or Hanma.

"Throw ikki at cap then, all magic restricted all stats equal. That's the ult test of skill."

I would, but I can't bots in my own threads, effectively removing a whole major side for Cap.

You try to classify supernatural characters in a "human possible" way. Be serious now. There its nothing possible for 98% of characters there. No matter how much you train, how many years you do it. Its not possible in the "human range" of our World. Its just a Supernatural hidden under Normal facade.

The real cal howard said:
"Throw ikki at cap then, all magic restricted all stats equal. That's the ult test of skill."
I would, but I can't bots in my own threads, effectively removing a whole major side for Cap.
You can argue for a character, and voting would not be a thing since it couldn't get added to the profile.

You can't what?

Even without the whole feat statement thing, what's the execution shown by the top contenders?

Goku's placement on this list depends mostly on if his techniques who require KI are considered skill or not.

With Ki i can see him being top 10- ish,since ki blasts AOE+flight+teleportation screw non-ranged characters, even at a (Stats equalized) setting.

Without it even your average Z-fighter can dodge danmaku and has impressive stamina, but that's true for almost everyone here

I mean, one of my statesments would be Mishis V Xfer can counter every type of Drag-Ride, I wouldn't take it too seriously if she haven't showed that she causually outskilled Lisesharte Atismata, Krulcifer Einfolk, Celistia Ralgris, Philuffy Aingram and Yoruka Kirihime. She actually showed that she can counter a lot of Drag-Rides and even Fugil praised her (because she almost touched him). Fugil massively dwarf her in skill and it is stated that his skills exceed everyone, so he cannot only defeat someone who can counter evey Drag-Ride, he can also use every type of Drag-Ride. That is a skill feat he scales to, for example.

Epiccheev said:
Goku's placement on this list depends mostly on if his techniques who require KI are considered skill or not.
With Ki i can see him being top 10- ish,since ki blasts AOE+flight+teleportation screw non-ranged characters, even at a (Stats equalized) setting.
It's not about defeating your opponent in stats equal matches, it's about who has the better skill feats/statements.

I believe that with "skill" they refer or any reasonable method to obtain the upper hand in battle without relying on strength or speed (although, stuff like acrobatics, athletics, dexterity, etc. still counts).

Antoniofer said:
I believe that with "skill" they refer or any reasonable method to obtain the upper hand in battle without relying on strength or speed (although, stuff like acrobatics, athletics, dexterity, etc. still counts).
That would make Monika more "skilled" than anyone on the list.

But then, Rorepme, people like Johnathan Joestar would be really skilled because they can fight really well whilst holding their breath good enough to harness their inner life energy. That sounds more impressive than anyone in any verse that I know of, except it's distinguished by having a superpower vs not. Even Goku can fight really well while holding his breath. The superpower aspect is completely too much of a variable to take into account.

And Zarat, I understand the idea, but it's not "skill" to move my ******* organs around in my body. I learned a superpower, then. It's unqualifiable and only impressive because you did something impossible with "skill" on some Ikki shit. Yeah, having control over special abilities and powers is something to take into account, but being a good Mage isn't the same thing as being a Good Martial Artist. Those skills are not inherently transferable and what's more is that they're not really even able to be transferred into anything notable due to it being both impossible to distinguish from Verse mechanics and just capability with control and also saying nothing about a skill as a whole. It's... Best to leave superpowers out.

Double post.

It can be depending on the verse and its mechanic. Look at Mistborn and how they need to be able to control their body, their actions, of how must they must push or pull on the metals. Or combining them, to be careful for not having negative effect.

I always said that magic made by skill made no sense, that's why I don't take it into account when I argue how skilled are my characters.

Antoniofer said:
Not sure who is Monika, but I guess I forget to include state altering/change inducement abilities; that I guess its one of the problems, people still have no standard set for "skill": may you refer to Peak Human Combat and Enhanced Gunmanship, but stuff like Absolute Combat aren't allowed?
Your previous description left in any ability that lets you defeat an oponent without AP or speed advantage, at which point it's just a hax match.

If "superhuman abilities" that are "disguised" as skill aren't allowed, then CA is disqualified as well.

It's not about making them closer to human, it's about making them not... Superpower granting skills. Like, being able to swing with such precision you can cut concepts like Juuzo is not a skill feat. It's a superpower attained through training or talent, or even skill— but having a power attained through skill is unqualifiable. The amount of "skill" or more accurate "quality of skill" isn't consistent in fiction, and this it wouldn't be helpful as a line to differentiate between characters.

Amexim said:
It's not about making them closer to human, it's about making them not... Superpower granting skills. Like, being able to swing with such precision you can cut concepts like Juuzo is not a skill feat. It's a superpower attained through training or talent, or even skill— but having a power attained through skill is unqualifiable. The amount of "skill" or more accurate "quality of skill" isn't consistent in fiction, and this it wouldn't be helpful as a line to differentiate between characters.
Captain America has superhuman abilities disguised as skills then, since he knows every martial art and normal humans can't do that.

Wwlp, when I said reasonable I was meaning realistic, within the possible (not necessary humanly possible, but general possible, like imitating animal traits).

KGiffoni said:
Captain America has superhuman abilities disguised as skills then, since he knows every martial art and normal humans can't do that.
That is not a superpower. Superhuman feats aren't the problem here. The ability to bend reality by flexing is. No matter how many martial arts you know, none grant you abilities that are supernatural.

Going beyond all that, what are Ikki's Yujiro's Sasaki's etc. showings of dexterity, precision, etcetera?

I would disagree with Giffon based on the fact it's not the same as training your muscles and martial arts to punch through time. It's more grounded than that. What can be done can be superhuman, but it can't be a superpower.

Also. Zara, we can't scale through verse mechanics. By this logic, Goku is a more skilled "Chi/Spirit energy manipulator" character than Naruto is because he can fire blasts with 0 effort in comparison to how hard it is to even release Chakra in a DBZ attacking way. And then, HxH would be better than Naruto because of its constant active applications of energy manipulation and development of complex and unique abilities. It's cool with me, because I tend to rank abilities as if they're all in the same standard verse, and I can see the idea, but I also recognize that to do that kind of verse mechanic power/ability scaling, you'd be placing characters above each other in skill based on how complex the powers and even the power system itself is, or at the very least how versatile, than it is based on what can be definitely attributed to skill rather than having abilities and/or verse mechanics. It's arbitrary.

Going beyond all that, what are Ikki's Yujiro's Sasaki's etc. showings of dexterity, precision, etcetera?
Sooo are you telling me it's possible for a human to do the presented feats for CA?

Skill isn't quantifiable, but qualifiable, and there can be a system by which you rank characters that isn't wholly arbitrary Clueless guy. Lol

Because you are using a narrowed way like I said. You exclude feats for characters because they don't fall in the "human possible" view. Its all subjective here on this thread.

This its a hard way because of how the verse logic works and its mechanics.

Alright, let me turn 100 steps back and assume only this type of realistic skill counts here.

Yujiro still is better than CA.

Back