• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the most skilled character in fiction?

Also I love how blatantly superpowers are being mentioned here like the hiding in subconscious when having infinite ways to kill someone is written off.

TOOA.

"Omnipotent" bois and grills should be the most skilled by virtue of "Duh!"

Duh! = What Ikki is at best, but casually, plus even more ridiculous shit. And yes, it's all skill.

The real cal howard said:
For god's sake, man, prove it. Instead of saying "he can lolcopy like he's Kirby", show his skill feats. Show him doing something on the caliber of the people Taskmaster has copied. Instead of just fancy words.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z3TvdktPA0&t=133s (2:50)

This is a good example. In the verse, Xiao Lee is a technique that needs more than a century of training to master.

When Ikki can copy a concert with his copying, or have the precision with his body to copy down to the voice, then you can take that cake

Also I love how blatantly superpowers are being mentioned here like the hiding in subconscious when having infinite ways to kill someone is written off.
Cus the first is a legit skill feat, not a superpower.

Infinite ways is just flowery writing unless it's given with the actual ways. And i really don't see how infinite ways to kill someone is skill. I know about 50 more ways to kill a dude than a soldier does, im more skilled than him now?

When Ikki can copy a concert with his copying, or have the precision with his body to copy down to the voice, then you can take that cake
When those are combat applicable then im down.

Ikki can notice literal voids of sounds in space. Again none of your feats are anything crazy.

Cap beating that dude with the shield? Just not even half decen good precog. Ikki MASSIVELY out precogs that.

Hairpin thing? Just calculation, ikki's more skilled than a girl which could make trillions of calculations in an instant without a single mistake to make her body into mist.

Which is why we either accept everything or call Ikki's "skill feats" superpowers and not count them. I'm all for "being so skilled, it warps reality" but we can't listen to Earl's "unquantifiable" stuff anymore. It just sounds like he doesn't want anything to be close to Ikki when it's almost not possible sans "Omnipotence".

Depends, skill feats can only exist if there is a logical explanation for them, not "it just happens". All of ikki's stuff has a logical explanation.

THEN SHOW IT. Everyone here is showing things like "lol, this guy copied x, y, and z, which takes x amount of time to learn!" or "lol, this guy can predict this well". Show feats. Show them doing things like hitting targets kilometers away. Show things like being able to ricochet with enough power and accuracy to take care of several tasks at once. Words only mean so much, and half the people here only have words. Marvel actually has feats. Who cares how well you can predict if you can't do the feats themselves. Ikki's best marksmanship feat is the eraser thing. Hawkeye, and therefore Taskmaster, isn't. Ikki has swordsmanship showings, sure. But what actual quantifiable showings of skill has he shown other than "I've predicted your movements" or things that are clearly not skill based like the subconscious feat. Without that, Ikki is all words. Captain isn't.

Also, mist girl < internet.

I mean it depends on the way we define skill. If we say most fictional stuff are supernatural and therefore are superpowers then this thread become redundant because it isn't called as "skill" anymore. But then you could say skill is just how good a character is in something and try to weigh up different feats they do to conclude. I think that's what's being done here.

You talk like we could find information, to a mastering degree, of all martial arts in the internet. That's simply so not true. Even ones that aren't that obscure, i'm sure there's no such info about them.

Also, yeah this is about to get closed.

Back