• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the most skilled character in fiction?

Indeed, the gods completely surpass that of humanity unless your Sasaki ofc. Thor essentially humiliated Lu Bu, Adam was only able to keep us with Zeus since he has Eyes of The Lord and Sasaki's ability to scan is directly compared to Adam's ability to copy.

Taskmaster's copying ability is so good that it's detrimental, dude. He has so much in his brain about fighting styles that it pushes out old memories like his wife. People use it against him as he copies it subconsciously. Ikki doesn't top him in this category. Not to mention in the Marvel handbooks, his fighting skills stat is maxed out, which in itself says a ton. He copies the minute details to such an extent that copy the subtle muscle movements of others so precisely to do things such as copying another person's voice so precisely as to fool voice recognition software. Taskmaster learned the personal fighting styles of countless individuals, such as: Ant-Man, Black Crow, Black Knight, Black Widow, Blazing Skull, Boomerang, Bushwacker, Black Panther, Captain America, Cat, Constrictor, Daredevil, Deadpool, The Destroyer, Elektra, Falcon, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Moon Knight, Nomad, Oddball, Punisher, Silver Samurai, Redshirt, Solo, Spider-Man, Swordsman, Tigra, Tombstone, Tumbler, US Agent, Warbird, Wolverine, Zaran, and many others.

Taskmaster has trained a ton of people to be able to match Captain America, and I don't have to stare again how skilled he is. Again, he can defeat a man before he even shows up on the scene.

Taskmaster can use the techniques that he's copied at once. He mixed the agility of Punisher and Spider-Man to help him weave through a laser grid.

KGiffoni said:
Yujiro has precognition to the point he knows the outcomes of entire fights only by looking at the fighter's stances. He can perfectly master any technique with a glance, even ones that need more than a century of training to be mastered (such as Xiao Lee). He knows all of the martial arts that exist, including ones only passed through noble blood. His information analysis is on the level of the most advanced x-ray machines, if you had 1 cancer cell in your pinky, he'd know. Xiao Lee gives damage negation to the point a 10-C man survived punches from someone who's 7-C. Attack reflection via Aikido allowed someone who's 9-A break the wrist of someone who's 7-C. And god knows what the other martial arts are like, Yujiro being a master at every single one of them.
That's impressive, but Yujiro has all that stuff + lots of other good skill feats. It was also stated Baki couldn't defeat him even if he was blind.

Genericstickman said:
Why don't we just make a stat (and maybe magical hax) equalised tournament to see who's the most skilled?
And the final boss of the tournament is 682.

I get it that Taskmaster is a perfect copier, but so is Yujiro when it comes to martial arts. And on top of this, Yujiro has all the stuff i said earlier. I could get even more skill feats but it's been some time since i last readed Baki, and respect threads don't really say it all.

Genericstickman said:
Why don't we just make a stat (and maybe magical hax) equalised tournament to see who's the most skilled?
Sure idm.

@JackJoyce

Just put Edelweiss tied with Ikki on the top spot, she is canonically somewhat more skilled than him.

I'd argue that Adam has better copying than TaskMaster. The dude can copy powers and abilities, skill, etc. Eyes of The Lord are a pretty broken ability, even allowing him to copy and improve upon a punch thrown by Zeus himself who's older than the Big Bang while in stopped time.

The problem is, in order to be more skilled than Taskmaster, you have to be more skilled than everyone I listed combined. Because he's integrated all their fighting styles plus countless others, and can execute them all at once. And we already know that Cap alone can outskill the entirety of the Internet.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
I'd argue that Adam has better copying than TaskMaster. The dude can copy powers and abilities, skill, etc. Eyes of The Lord are a pretty broken ability, even allowing him to copy and improve upon a punch thrown by Zeus himself who's older than the Big Bang while in stopped time.
At that point it becomes less skill and more outright power mimicry if he can copy powers.

KGiffoni said:
I get it that Taskmaster is a perfect copier, but so is Yujiro when it comes to martial arts. And on top of this, Yujiro has all the stuff i said earlier. I could get even more skill feats but it's been some time since i last readed Baki, and respect threads don't really say it all.
Yujiro laughs at Taskmaster. He analyzes people on a cellular level or sth like that iirc.

@Cal

Voice stuff is not combat applicable. Copying shit is as i've said, not sth you'll beat Ikki at. He copies things on stances (show me taskmaster doing that), unconscious, and even things that he literally cannot perceive at all, he copies and perfects. And i don't see how his brain being limited in the things it can remember is a skill feat, it just means he can't remember everything at once. Ikki does all that, except he even knows the history, ideas and foundation of every style he learns, it still doesn't push anything out. But still, better feats so like bring me a feat for any of the copy cases i mentioned above.

Yeah so? It just means he's above cap in skill.

"Can use the things he copies at once". That's Ikki's whole shtick, he doesn't even have to perceive things yet he understands everything about a style including weakness and ways to bypass it along with it's flaws and completley perfects the style in every possible way removing all it's flaws...in the same moment.

Among other things like literally making opponents unable to realize they're seeing him by doing skilled movements.

Being older than the Big Bang and having all that combat experience should be a better feat than outskilling the "internet.". One could also argue that The Internet would be included alongside Humanity which the Gods have completely surpassed.

Edit: Nvm, I guess that argument wasn't directed towards me. Ignore dis

The real cal howard said:
The problem is, in order to be more skilled than Taskmaster, you have to be more skilled Han everyone I listed combined. Because he's integrated all their fighting styles plus countless others, and can execute them all at once. And we already know that Cap alone can outskill the entirety of the Internet.
And in order to be more skilled than Yujiro you had to be more skilled than all the Bakiverse, which 90% of the cast are masters of their respective martial arts, but to a way greater degree than the masters of real life.

The problem is, in order to be more skilled than Taskmaster, you have to be more skilled than everyone I listed combined. Because he's integrated all their fighting styles plus countless others, and can execute them all at once. And we already know that Cap alone can outskill the entirety of the Internet.
That feat just means he's composite human basically.

And this having the knowledge of everyone on the internet doesn't make you automatically as skilled. Knowledge is not skill.

Zeus has spent more time screwing women than honing his skills, if mythology has anything to say about it.
I believe you also saw that music video. But yeah, when your a divine being with godlike strength one rarely train martial arts, Zeus combat ability it may be supernatural, but nothing that impressing. Plus, Adam just need to copy his gighting style, he do not really have skill by his own.

Record of Ragnorock Zeus is a crazy old geezer. That punch was one that was able to control all of time and he tanked it in his prime when he killed Cronus. Adam was able to copy it. It seems more like a power then a skill though,

Oh btw

Leo (Armed With Wings) >>>> Taskmaster

The dude >>>> Vandheer Lorde (who is the greatest warrior in the world, being stronger than his own army) >>>>Lone warrior

If those don't tell anything, he's omniscient. That alone puts him WAY beyond taskmaster.

So Leo for 8th.

Keep on talking about anayzarion like that's the only thing that matters. Show actual feats. Cap has feats. I liked one of his feats above where he won before the dude showed up. Task copied that dude. Hawkeye can cause this chain Reaction with a hairpin. Taskmaster copies that dude. Black Panther can read a dude by a glance (and that dude hasn't his powers alongside many many others). Taskmaster copies that dude. He beats Elektra, someone who mastered every martial art and then some, with his eyes closed. There's countless more feats over fifty to eighty years of Marvel, and you'd have to do some serious convincing to prove that they're better than all of that's combined.

That feat just means he's composite human basically.

And this having the knowledge of everyone on the internet doesn't make you automatically as skilled. Knowledge is not skill.

Except one, that's not what I said (for the latter part) and two, this is Marvel's Internet, not our own.

@Cal

I could argue all those, but easy way out for me:

Ikki just copies them all since his copy >>>>> Taskmaster. Since im just lazy to argue every point there.

And about the internet guy, then you gotta prove how high his skill is, and again knowledge is not skill.

For god's sake, man, prove it. Instead of saying "he can lolcopy like he's Kirby", show his skill feats. Show him doing something on the caliber of the people Taskmaster has copied. Instead of just fancy words.

Doesn't seem like a wankfest to me. Just people arguing about who is more skilled between two characters that happen to be from a light novel and western comics.

It's also outright proven that Cache's internet absorption allows him to perform techniques that he's absorbed from the Internet.

I think you missed the quotes posted. He does come from a light novel after all. And there's literally a feats blog compiled by Earl and me that's has been said multiple times if you want to see his skill feats.

Sure maybe he hasn't posted every relevant quote for his points but neither have most people on this thread. So picking out just Ikki is a bit biased.

I know there's a feats blog because I'm the one that put it into a blog instead of on his profile.

I've seen his quotes. Most of it is just "I can predict you." He rarely does anything shown that requires a metric ton of skill without words, the only thing being shown is the eraser feat, which pales in comparison to Hawkeye's hairpin feat.

This also doesn't just go for Ikki but for all the contestants. Feats > statements so show the feats or bow out.

For god's sake, man, prove it. Instead of saying "he can lolcopy like he's Kirby", show his skill feats. Show him doing something on the caliber of the people Taskmaster has copied. Instead of just fancy words.
I literally just proved above his copy >>> Taskmaster. Cus he has better copying feats.

If you need more, well ok:

Copied the ability to literally hide from a person's mind and hide into their unconsciousness giving an effect of invisibility because they can't realize they're looking at you. This alone is >>>>>>> anything in comics but ok.

Copied edelweiss' sword style which literally negates acceleration and hitting the atmosphere with skill. This is also way beyond anything in comics via skill.

Has a skill that makes it so that wounds open a long time after being cut.

Most of those things you mentioned are just precog and idk if you really wanna test if Ikki's precog >>>>>>>>>>> anything you showed.

Creates afterimages with skill (not speed).

Copied the ability to control all of his muscles, restart his own heart after it had stopped, fix his neurotransmitters after they were fried etc.

Back