• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Skilled Sequel

Ciruno Fortes said:
The feat is based off a book and attempt to observe humans. That doesn't immediately translate to anything that is beyond humans. How has this been used offensively? It sounds absurd to say no one is reacting for 0.5 seconds when the character has reacted to lightning and such.

It's a clear contradiction with other verses. You can't just say it works on another verse.

@second response I missed

Well to me, Yujiro's not really the most amazing one. He has a lot of techniques, but in comparison he's outmatched personally
It's not a matter of speed. You can hit Yujiro before it's activated or after, but not during. In order to not be affected by 0.5 during its use, you would have to be able to stop your own brain signals

Ciruno Fortes said:
That's an NLF to claim.

You're gonna have to prove that ( https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ogre_Physiology_(Baki) )

According to a book by Tor N├©rretranders, people are triggered half a second earlier than the brain orders to move.

Is applicable to everyone in a verse/fiction which already contradicts that.
It's not NLF, the limit is being able to control your own brain signals. Yujiro was able to use it on Baki who is able to resist it by virtue of being able to use the attack

Yujiro and Baki, due to having the "Ogre Brain" are able to bypass the 0.5 seconds it takes for the brain signal to be sent

So you're saying, anyone for example who have dodged lightning at the last milisecond, dodged photons or such at the last very smallest instance of time, are all rendered unable to react to that, despite them clearly reacting than less than 0.5 seconds?

Sorry. I cannot buy that and it just sounds absolutely nonsensical to apply on another verse which violates that rule.

@second response

And what stops the others from being able to have such immense processing power/reaction/reflexes to treat 0.5 seconds as if it's 0.0001 second?

Ciruno Fortes said:
So you're saying, anyone for example who have dodged lightning at the last milisecond, dodged photons or such at the last very smallest instance of time, are all rendered unable to react to that, despite them clearly reacting than less than 0.5 seconds?

Sorry. I cannot buy that and it just sounds absolutely nonsensical to apply on another verse which violates that rule.

@second response

And what stops the others from being able to have such immense processing power/reaction/reflexes to treat 0.5 seconds as if it's 0.0001 second?
In order to react, they are triggered by the attack, they enter this state for half a second, and then they dodge. Yujiro can attack in between.

I don't see why, there's nothing to suggest the time at which any character that has been attacked or attacks enters the "triggered" state

They would have to do so while unconscious, the whole point of the ability

For example, Yujiro is Mach 10, Baki is much slower, but comparable. 0.5 allowed Baki to blitz Yujiro, despite Yujiro having Mach 10 reaction speeds

Let's talk about something.

This ability does not take into account any exact speeds for anyone. The writer/author/artist never 'Usually' accounts for them to have an exact speed value (Key word usually) or for every scenario.

They have never considered how the ability would interact with anyone with FTL reflexes at the very most. I'm calling BS on it working like that.

Also by that frigging logic, if they both have the ability, they wouldn't be able to use it on each other, so Baki shouldn't even be able to use that ability on Yujiro in the first place. Contradictions exist. Not all verses accounts or exerts a law on another verse.

Edit - I'm not calling BS on it NOT working on other people. But to claim it works on anyone extremely fast is extremely silly.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Let's talk about something.

This ability does not take into account any exact speeds for anyone. The writer/author/artist never 'Usually' accounts for them to have an exact speed value (Key word usually) or for every scenario.

They have never considered how the ability would interact with anyone with FTL reflexes at the very most. I'm calling BS on it working like that.

Also by that frigging logic, if they both have the ability, they wouldn't be able to use it on each other, so Baki shouldn't even be able to use that ability on Yujiro in the first place. Contradictions exist. Not all verses accounts or exerts a law on another verse.

Edit - I'm not calling BS on it NOT working on other people. But to claim it works on anyone extremely fast is extremely silly.
How would one react while unconscious? Also, faster reactions don't mean faster brain signals, they just mean faster trigger time and faster execution

Also, it's a move that has to be used, so it can be used on Baki and Yujiro. The impressive part is that Yujiro used it on Baki WHILE Baki was using it, meaning he 0.5 Seconds'd his 0.5 Seconds

It's described as an action being a line, and 0.5 Seconds intersects that line. Yujiro and Baki were going to intersect each other until one gave up or fatigued, but Yujiro thought it smarter and easier to just use a move fast enough to hit Baki before he could 0.5 Seconds

Because they were never unconscious on the first place. Some people in fiction have the ability to be always alert and not suffer from that absurd drawback, that was only written in a book.

See that's even more BS! How does that even make sense!? By that logic they would be beating up each other, while not even realizing the other was beating up each other!

I'm sorry this isn't helping in comparison.

I will concede that in a speed equalized matched, well yeah fair game that Yujiro would have the advantage on it and can use it. It's at least less absurd than the fear inducing even for a power gap

Also almost hitting the word limit. Better to avoid triple posting.

So long as the person can't lose consciousness, that's another limit, but Poseidon has not shown to have an ability like that

0.5 Seconds isn't an attack, its like a biological timestop, they just activate 0.5 on each other, "timestopping" kind of like DIO vs Jotaro, to hit first.

Thanks for the warning, I didnt even notice the post limit

Back