• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Skilled Sequel

Since you really want it, guess i'll have to get Yujiro's feats.

It would still be much easier if you simply trusted what i said, specially when it's backed up by his profile, but whatever.

I don't doubt Yujiro has feats. I just doubt that his shown feats as opposed to his statements hold up. Same with the other people on the list.

Me: Shows things that completely outclass what Cap has done

Cal: That's supernatural show me sth else

So by your logic since it's supernatural it's below natural?

And feats, all im showing you is feats. Cap's feat is literally just precog, which ikki outdoes. I've shown feats of Ikki being hundreds of steps ahead of his oppoents and knowing exactly what will happen in a match and how he'll win before the match even starts.

All of the things ikki has copied have taken anywhere from several decades to 80 years to learn a completely unfinished and full of flaws, ikki instantly learns and perfects all of it. Edel's sword style is literally impossible to be copied by everyone in the verse, Ikki still copied it. Edelweiss in particular is impossible to read even on basic details about her like her center of gravity, ikki still has no problems.

Most of his stuff aren't things taskmaster can do, like trackless step, edel's sword style but your argument is "by my verse they're supernatural so they are" so with that you're valuing them at absolute 0 because throwing a shield is harder than trackless step or edel's sword style. And when i say Ikki copies everything they do, you just say "no, cus no feats" even though up to this point:

• Ikki's copy feats dwarf everything you have to say
  • Ikki's analysis feats dwarf everything from your characters
  • The things ikki copies are literally supernatural by your standards
But it's still no cus no.

Yes. I do think throwing a shield is more impressive than trackless step and Edel's sword style, because they're completely unquantifiable. They're just words. And by any verse they're supernatural, not just Marvel.

Humor me and show me those statements again. How he's hundreds of steps ahead, Ouma and Edelweiss be damned.

Ikki's copying feats have not trumped what I've said either, because once again, it's all just words. I don't care if it comes from a light novel, show quotes things that he's actually done instead of quotes of stuff that is said that he can do. The most impressive thing you've shown about it? The "three steps back" thing.

Trackless Step wouldn't be supernatural in series like Bahamut, but I'm going to stay silent and just going to watch you.

Sasaki's stuff is actually shown on screen, Ares even states that he visualizes thousands of steps ahead of his opponent. Even before a battle started with a type of opponent Sasaki never face he was still able to visual 18 different outcomes before Poseidon even moved a muscle. This isn't a supernatural ability either, RoR makes it abundantly clear that Thousand Image Defense is a skill not a supernatural ability.

Finally, no. Cap's feat isn't precog. Even if it was, you've yet to show Ikki doing something on the level of him winning a fight before the dude even shows up.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Sasaki's stuff is actually shown on screen, Ares even states that he visualizes thousands of steps ahead of his opponent. Even before a battle started with a type of opponent Sasaki never face he was still able to visual 18 different outcomes before Poseidon even moved a muscle.
Keep in mind I think both Sasaki and Yujiro are more skilled than Ikki due to actual showings instead of words or unquantifiables, let alone Taskmaster.

Actual things shown in combat as opposed to words with no backing or something blatantly unquantifiable. Like being able to shoot a moving target from 100 kilometers away while you're moving in the opposite direction. Like Ikki's eraser feat.

People like Ikki. Yujiro and Baki and big grandpa Hanma. People from Baki in general with minor exceptions. Their "skill feats" are superpowers. Not really based in technique that can be translated into skill but it's... ****** fantasy bullshit. It's amazing and I personally count it and just give people everything below it if they can do a supernatural action in that skill category, but I am very generous. I also think that just as we reject the author's intent around having a more "realistic" verse and we state they're superhuman even when the story says no, because the feats are real— we can apply the same thing to these guys. They have superpowers that are framed to be skills but are just superpowers.

Yujiro hanma tanked a Lightning bolts entire energy because he's just that masculine. Ugh. I hate it. But I love it because it's so clear that the writer is insecure about his manliness lmao. That's a joke btw. It's just ****** hilarious to learn that Yujiro and Baki are so powerful and manly that Baki's Mom knew she wanted him from looking at his masculine power and shit on a primal level (sidenote: gross. People are more than just urges and it implies essentialist ideas blah blah), and that warriors swam to japan just to fight him.

No. These guys have superpowers. No.

How do you hide in my subconscious/unconscious by breathing and stepping rhythmically?! No! Lmao

Amexim said:
People like Ikki. Yujiro and Baki and big grandpa Hanma. People from Baki in general with minor exceptions. Their "skill feats" are superpowers. Not really based in technique that can be translated into skill but it's... ****** fantasy bullshit. It's amazing and I personally count it and just give people everything below it if they can do a supernatural action in that skill category, but I am very generous. I also think that just as we reject the author's intent around having a more "realistic" verse and we state they're superhuman even when the story says no, because the feats are real— we can apply the same thing to these guys. They have superpowers that are framed to be skills but are just superpowers.
Yujiro hanma tanked a Lightning bolts entire energy because he's just that masculine. Ugh. I hate it. But I love it because it's so clear that the writer is insecure about his manliness lmao. That's a joke btw. It's just ****** hilarious to learn that Yujiro and Baki are so powerful and manly that Baki's Mom knew she wanted him from looking at his masculine power and shit on a primal level (sidenote: gross. People are more than just urges and it implies essentialist ideas blah blah), and that warriors swam to japan just to fight him.

No. These guys have superpowers. No.
As much as Baki is one of my favorite franchises, we all know it has all these issues. But i think we're mainly debating the skills of the characters here so let's keep it like that.

IMO, Unqualifiable or Unintelligible might be a better word than Unquantifiable. How do you reduce skill to a Quantity? Especially when we're grading it by quality?

Isn't the whole point of fictional characters that they're unrealistic? I mean, that's like doing a "who's smarter" thread, but anyone above the smartest human ever recorded is disqualified.

The real cal howard said:
Actual things shown in combat as opposed to words with no backing or something blatantly unquantifiable. Like being able to shoot a moving target from 100 kilometers away while you're moving in the opposite direction. Like Ikki's eraser feat.
Everything i've mentioned has been shown in combat though.

He literally is capable of amping himself hundreds of times with mere skill.

Also things being supernatural doens't mean everything natural is beyond them.

KGiffoni said:
Isn't the whole point of fictional characters that they're unrealistic? I mean, that's like doing a "who's smarter" thread, but anyone above the smartest human ever recorded is disqualified.
IKR. xD

No. I'm talking about doing shit that is factually impossible with skill.

Memorizing an entire martial art that takes 100 years to master like Yujiro is skill. I guess.

Recognizing someone has heart problems or cavities by looking at them from afar is not skill. That's a superpower.

Being so smart that you can deduce the accuracy of someone's thoughts is skill/intelligence.

Being so smart that you can use telekinesis is not intelligence. That's a superpower.

As someone who's watched both DBZ/DBS and One-Punch Man, I'd say Garou > Goku. Goku has a lot of skill scaling that'd put him high up but I don't think he's demonstrated anything as crazy-skilled as Garou has. For example, in mere moments, Garou combined every single martial arts form he knew (which is already in the dozens) to create a perfect martial arts form with no weaknesses. Two of these forms were incredibly tough to master, and have only been truly mastered by one who is claimed to be the best hand to hand combatant in the hero association, Bang, and his equal, Bomb.

Amexim said:
No. I'm talking about doing shit that is factually impossible with skill.
Memorizing an entire martial art that takes 100 years to master like Yujiro is skill. I guess.

Recognizing someone has heart problems or cavities by looking at them from afar is not skill. That's a superpower.

Being so smart that you can deduce the accuracy of someone's thoughts is skill/intelligence.

Being so smart that you can use telekinesis is not intelligence. That's a superpower.
Depends on how it works. If there is a good explanation then yes they are good. That last one is not IQ, it's just a power. Same as how no level of skill is just "im so skilled i create universal laws".

Because some things actually cross the border of skill.

In the same way you wouldn't take "I'm so smart I can will myself into turning into a Pikachu", you shouldn't take "I'm so skilled I can will myself into turning into a Pikachu". Most of the stuff listed here falls into the "I'm so skilled I can will myself into turning into a Pikachu" stuff, like Ikki's subconscious entering and amping himself hundreds of times. Everything I listed doesn't fall into that category.

And still haven't seen things to beat Cap.

Everyone here? Can beat you and predict you by looking at you.

Cap? Can beat you and predict you before you even show up.

The real cal howard said:
Because some things actually cross the border of skill.
In the same way you wouldn't take "I'm so smart I can will myself into turning into a Pikachu", you shouldn't take "I'm so skilled I can will myself into turning into a Pikachu". Most of the stuff listed here falls into the "I'm so skilled I can will myself into turning into a Pikachu" stuff, like Ikki's subconscious entering and amping himself hundreds of times. Everything I listed doesn't fall into that category.
Neither do my stuff. Now put Yujiro higher since i gave the scans.

Skill here is just how good someone is at combat arts not factoring in the logically impossible stuff that shouldn't be possible combat arts. But then there's the issue with characters being so unrealistically good at combat arts that's what needs to be cleared up.

I mean, mastering an stupid ammount of battle styles? Fugil can do it by mastering every kind of Divine Drag-Ride:

Originally, even just to be able to use one kind of Divine Drag-Ride skillfully, extraordinary stamina, mental strength, and skill were necessary.
That was something that all the members of the Seven Dragon Paladins, the aces who represented various countries, knew firsthand.
Thus, they comprehended just how much of a threat Fugil, who was controlling an infinite number of Divine Drag-Rides and tactics, truly was.
Take into account that every Divine Drag-Ride has a different battle style ranging from ranged weapons, to things like sword, to hand-to-hand combat. Sorry if this isn't part of the discussio

Back