• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: A New Skill

How this works is:

"What they can do via skill used in a vs thread with everything equal and hax negged" see who wins. That character is more skilled.

If X character can copy everything by looking at the guy. Where as Y knows all martial arts. Then Y being better, means jack as X would still trash in that fight. That's the idea.

As for what can count as a "skill based ability". Is if it has at least some sort of decent explanation for how or why it works.

The reason for why Ikki can still have his skill based abilities, but we don't accept stuff like "got to infinite speed via skill" or the SCP guy "Soloing a multiversal army of low godly lizards with a sword". It's just plain getting powers at that point.

Or why ikki can keep his normal powers but not desperado.

@Ion Trackless step wasn't denied IIRC.

I'm pretty sure TS was denied. Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember it being deemed as just perception manip and not skill.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Then shouldn't Musashi be removed??
Idk.

If his skill is like "so skilled he achieved infinity" or other stuff like that. Then yes. I didn't keep up with the musashi discussion so i can't say.

So I've been vaguely following this shitfest but I haven't seen that much arguments for Mori Jin if any at all. Has he been already talked about because he's sitting comfortably in top tier as of right now.

MYHERO said:
So I've been vaguely following this shitfest but I haven't seen that much arguments for Mori Jin if any at all. Has he been already talked about because he's sitting comfortably in top tier as of right now.
He still is in top 5. What's your point?

That's what I said.

"because he's sitting comfortably in top tier as of right now."

I'm asking if anyone tried to argue for him to the similar extent done to any other characters mentioned on these threads.

Pfft, her feats are more flowery than the entirety of Poison Ivy's greenhouse.

lol, good one. Yeah, most of her stuff is flowery, but she at least have a few feats on her own on top of her scaling.

MYHERO said:
That's what I said.
"because he's sitting comfortably in top tier as of right now."

I'm asking if anyone tried to argue for him to the similar extent done to any other characters mentioned on these threads.
Jin is sitting incredibly comfortably at 4th, as his skill scales him to a midway between Baki and Yujiro, Yujiro sitting in third. Ion is talking about trying to gather more feats to move Fugil up, so I might start looking into finally using skill scaling chains for Yujiro to try as well. If Yujiro does get bumped up to 2nd with Fugil and Sasaki, you can count my vote as definitely for a third place Jin

I mean Task already has a skill scaling chain, being the 7 to everyone else's 5 and 6 in Marvel. Wait, is that even a thing? Skill chains? Skill isn't like power. Certain skills just counter others. Doesn't mean you're vastly more skilled.

The real cal howard said:
I mean Task already has a skill scaling chain, being the 7 to everyone else's 5 and 6 in Marvel. Wait, is that even a thing? Skill chains? Skill isn't like power. Certain skills just counter others. Doesn't mean you're vastly more skilled.
That's good for Tasky, it means you can use the skill feats of people he's shown to be more skillful than as proof for him being higher. You can use the skills of some of those 5s and 6s to prove how skilled he truly is

My question still not answered. Are we still counting Rimuru's skills as "skills" not hax? Because they are more like hax to me than pure skills, if we are talking about "mastery" for skills

What was the thing about Rimuru? If you talk about Arts, then that's not hax because those things needs hardwork and practice and some of them requires 100+ years teaining. Arts cannot be copied by hax in the verse like Ultimate Skill, Unique skill, Extra skill, etc.

Creaturemaster971 said:
Is this thread a shitstorm? I feel like it's been going pretty well, actually.
If you're asking in regards to what I said don't take my word for it. I said I've only been following what's going on barely and I just recall a bit troubled moments in the past. It's completely plausible that I'm wrong.

No offense taken or anything. It was a bit chaotic once, but I'm just glad it's been really decent debate lately.

(Honestly, I'm expecting it to end in an eight-way tie)

The entire discussion me and Ion had above between Fugil and Musashi, where we went back and forth for a while (and I had a great time doing so), and eventually settled on having them be placed in the same spot, wherever that spot may be, due to having incredibly similar feats and scaling chains.

Fugil can master techniques he hasn't even seen like Lux's Violent Strike or Celistia's Break Purge, I want to see Musashi topping that

I don't know, he just did, he had never seen Celistia before:

Lux started moving using the super acceleration of time.
The vision wasn't good because of the trees and snow, but Fugil should be in the same situation.
The situation was even for both sides, then Lux should be able to obtain the advantage from the difference in their Drag-Ride's damage.
Lux was convinced of his advantage and dived down with his great sword at the ready.
The trees were in the way so it was difficult to swing his great sword, but he transmitted energy into the sword and descended while cutting apart the trees along.
But, at the next instant.
Countless machine fragments attacked Lux together with a dazzling light.
(ÔöÇÔöÇHowling Roar? No, it's Break Purge!)
Fugil's counterattack was completely outside his expectation that Lux was hesitating in the middle of his accelerated time.
He couldn't avoid all the fragments because he was holding his blade vertically while he himself was swooping down in full speed.
ÒÇîUh, gu!ÒÇì
He deflected the majority with his barrier, but his balance crumbled when large fragments hit his armor.
(But, what is he planning? Certainly he might be able to avoid my attack with this, but if he take off his BahamutÔöÇÔöÇ)
If Fugil became unarmored, he wouldn't be a match for Lux who had a Drag-Ride equipped.
Just what could he be thinking?
The instant Lux pondered that, the figure of Fugil taking a stance with his Sword Device hazily came into his view in the middle of snow.
ÒÇîÔöÇÔöÇ!ÒÇì
(Don't tell me, he is planning to intercept me with only his Sword Device!?)
Rather than getting into a sword fight with a half-destroyed Bahamut, this way of fighting might still be better.
(However……no, it's forbidden to hesitate! I'll get killed if I hesitate!)
Lux instantly resolved himself and charged with Chaos Brand's tip aiming at Fugil's right foot.
ÔöÇÔöÇBut,
ÒÇîYour endgame is too rushed, my wise younger brother. ÔöÇÔöÇYou're too hasty to win.ÒÇì
ÒÇî……-!?ÒÇì
No.
Fugil was wearing an armor.
But, he had no armor except of the half that contained the Force Core that was the energy source. It didn't even have the mechanism to generate barrier.
ÒÇîGu-ah……!ÒÇì
That precise and yet mighty blow stopped the movement of Lux's Bahamut this time.
He was sent flying and crashed through the trees or getting bounced away before getting buried into the snow.
He hurriedly try to recover his posture, but Fugil had flown toward him before he could fix his balance.
Fugil was hit by a surprise attack, his Drag-Ride was seriously damaged, and his body was also wounded. In that condition he chose to perform Break Purge, leaving behind only the usable parts.
He discarded the majority of his barrier and protective armor, lightening his weight and entering the mode where the remaining energy could be focused to the remaining parts.
In other words, he used the same technique like Celis's kamikaze attack form.
Of course, doing such thing increased the risk and the damage from the recoil by remarkable amount compared to wearing Drag-Ride normally, but he never thought that Fugil would master the technique that Celis personally invented.
A Drag-Knight wouldn't be able to do Break Purge to enter the kamikaze attack form just from an idea on the spot.
To ascertain whether they would be able to fight in that form or notÔöÇÔöÇ, they would need to do a great amount of test.
But, Fugil chose that action without any hesitation.
And on top of that, he blocked Lux's attack when he was accelerated 10x by Reload on Fire.

So it seems like he basically just improvised and not only happened to come up with basically the same move as already existed, but he made it up, mastered it, and used it perfectly with no drawbacks, instantly.

That's pretty good.

Yeah, not even Lux could believe it.

(Un, believable……)
Fugil responded to his surprise attack with another surprise attack. He grasped the situation several seconds after receiving a serious damage, saw through Lux's next action, and prepared a counterattack of his own.
Furthermore, he held Lux back with Break Purge while entering kamikaze attack form at the same time to control Bahamut that had its power output lowered. Furthermore he decreased the amount of his armor and moved the battle to a cramped place with a lot of trees that was advantageous for him.
(What if I was the one who got hit with that surprise attack? Would I be able to do something like this after that?)
That thought crossed his mind. He understood that it was pointless to think of that.

So as far as Fugil versus Sasaki goes right now:

Fugil's skill allows him to perform the same things Lux do but it isn't just for 10 seconds, Fugil can do it for several minutes. Lux surpasses his own skill in battle learning techniques almost instantly, dominating techniques that not even his opponent knows when his opponent was the one who practiced them for several years. Lux perfectly shows continual evolution of his skill in battles, and in the scan I showed above, Fugil can create technques mid-battle, master them and perform them without any kind of drawback, so even Fugil evolves mid-battle.

Also, Dilwy was faster than Lux as he was able to obliterate both Lux and Greifer for a moment until Lux evolved in skill. And nowhere is said that Poseidon's attack is several hundred of attacks. And if you want battles between someone and other person far faster than them, Fugil was able to fight againts Lux easily despite Lux being 10x faster than Fugil.

Singlen casually predicted a whole match between him and two other person, one of them was Lux and, this was completely casual. Singlen is inferior to Fugil. And range is not that much, it's just that, range.

Simulating battles in your mind is not that good, even I can do that, and Fugil predicted his battle againts Lux, even when Lux did it at the same time, Fugil was able to counter it with his own prediction that also included knowing that he was going to win the battle and lose the battle of ideals at the same time.

Zel97 said:
musashi should be number 1 just because she's best girl here </div>
Are you implying she's better girl than Edelweiss? Edelweiss is actual waifu material, she takes care of the house and even makes sweets and that stuff. Which we should probably count towards her skill.

Back