• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: A New Skill

Ionliosite said:
So no one have answered my new points on Fugil vs. Sasaki.
I found that Posesión is superior to humanity and Sasaki outkilled him. With Fugil, Mishis is already superior to everything humans can do, she gets outskilled by Singlen, who is inferior to King Lux who gets outskilled by Fugil. So Fugil is superior in this.

Sasaki masters a lot of battle styles (mainly with swords), Fugil not only knows battle styles with swords, but with a bunch of other weapons and martial arts.
The skill scale chain DOES exist, and that DOES make sense, but to seal the deal, Poseidon's skill and Sasaki's skills need to be scaled to Mishis, Singlen, Lux, and Fugil

The skill scale chain DOES exist, and that DOES make sense, but to seal the deal, Poseidon's skill and Sasaki's skills need to be scaled to Mishis, Singlen, Lux, and Fugil

What do you mean by that?

The God Of Procrastination said:
How they compare needs to be addressed.
Yeah this. There is a scale chain, but scaling there skill directly is better, as when don't know the skill caps 1) of the different series's humanities and 2) the gaps in the skill in the chain

Zekka should be on the list somewhere here. The dude is pretty skilled, being above 99% of the verse in terms of skill. 100+ years of experience ( the series puts heavy emphasis into this.), is a master of a long dead and ancient martial art, has perfect 360% vision with no blind spots, and is skilled enough to where if he punches you he can focus all of the kinetic energy inside his opponents body to cause it to blow up, and in the process the skin is heated up and turned into glass. This isn't a haxxed based ability as it's explained it's just a normal punch but the KE is focused rather than most of it being lost by the opponent being flung back.

Yeah this. There is a scale chain, but scaling there skill directly is better, as when don't know the skill caps 1) of the different series's humanities and 2) the gaps in the skill in the chain

Poseidon has no other skill feats aside from that one I mentioned from what I can remember, which every god also have. I don't know how to compare Bahamut's humanity woith RoR's humanity since I don't know about RoR.

See, its kind of tricky because usually I'd say to scale off of other characters from RoR, but due to it being newer, its presence isnt very strong on the site

I'm pretty sure the gods don't surpass the humans that they are fighting in skill. Otherwise the tournament seems extremely unfair.

Ionliosite said:
I'm pretty sure the gods don't surpass the humans that they are fighting in skill. Otherwise the tournament seems extremely unfair.
╠ÂA╠Ân╠ ╠Âe╠Âx╠Ât╠Âr╠Âe╠Âm╠Âe╠Âl╠Ây╠ ╠Âu╠Ân╠Âf╠Âa╠Âi╠Âr╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠Âu╠Âr╠Ân╠Âa╠Âm╠Âe╠Ân╠Ât╠ ╠Âw╠Âa╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âp╠Âo╠Âi╠Ân╠Ât╠Â

The Prince of Counters said:
Zekka should be on the list somewhere here. The dude is pretty skilled, being above 99% of the verse in terms of skill. 100+ years of experience ( the series puts heavy emphasis into this.), is a master of a long dead and ancient martial art, has perfect 360% vision with no blind spots, and is skilled enough to where if he punches you he can focus all of the kinetic energy inside his opponents body to cause it to blow up, and in the process the skin is heated up and turned into glass. This isn't a haxxed based ability as it's explained it's just a normal punch but the KE is focused rather than most of it being lost by the opponent being flung back.
That sounds list-worthy for sure

I was taking a break from hax because I thought it was getting overdone but this thread just makes me want to go back to hax. So if you need me, I'll be taking this and throwing it at a few people.

None of your characters knows how to use every weapon nor martial arts, or surpass that by a laughtable amount

@Milly

You still missed my point. You need to prove the thing he used to bypass the magic sense is skill based by this thread's standards. The point in bringing up other people was that they similaraly performed feats through pure skill, effort and hard work but the feats accomplished through said stuff is deemed a power by this thread. The Arts description/definition doesn't mean anything as to whether Formhide is a power or skill according to this thread.

Their scalling is pretty similar. And I found that Fugil vs. King Lux was a completely one sided battle in which Lux couldn't even counterattack

AnonymousBlank said:
@Milly
You still missed my point. You need to prove the thing he used to bypass the magic sense is skill based by this thread's standards. The point in bringing up other people was that they similaraly performed feats through pure skill, effort and hard work but the feats accomplished through said stuff is deemed a power by this thread. The Arts description/definition doesn't mean anything as to whether Formhide is a power or skill according to this thread.
I haven't seen other instances of an ability that requires effort, and practice be denied and called a power.

I haven't seen other instances of an ability that requires effort, and practice be denied and called a power.

Trackless Step

By your logic we would have to count Knight Run characters cutting through space via skill as a feat, we dont

Because, despite needing huge effort and practice to achieve it, and being called a technique based on how you move your feet and breathe and all that stuff, it's clearly just perception manip.

Back