• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: A New Skill

Firephoenixearl said:
Ikki has perfect vision. He understands the identity, from there everything they can and will do is clear to him.
Oh yeah, the thing against Hinata. Ehh, mixed feeling about that. But all I know is that Rimuru should at least without a doubt be Top 3, the only people who should be beating him are people that can simulate the battle happening before it even does.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Nope, it is destined. He was able to outskill Hinata with it in the second round, when earlier she was actually contesting that AP.
It's about as destined as saying "you either fail your class or pass it, one of them is destined to happen". If you know what can happen, one of them is bound to happen. That's the idea.

Oh yeah, the thing against Hinata. Ehh, mixed feeling about that. But all I know is that Rimuru should at least without a doubt be Top 3, the only people who should be beating him are people that can simulate the battle happening before it even does.
I mean ikki literally has every skill feat everyone below him has.

So i guess what im saying is: Ikki is composite skill

Yujiro can predict the whole battle before it happen just with his normal sight, so why would he be under Rim?

BakiHanma18 said:
Just to pop a Yujiro in there, regardless of the amount of moves, Yujiro has Enhanced Senses that are so good, they act as a pseudo precog that allows him to predict an entire fight in just a glance
^

He can? Alrighty.

Though, Rimuru also has a feat of dealing with an attack that completed evaded 360-degree vision (also his other analytical prediction, just standard stuff not the broken one), then later learned that same ability. FYI, that ability is an art, something that can only be learned through effort.

He can? Alrighty.
Though, Rimuru also has a feat of dealing with an attack that completed evaded 360-degree vision (also his other analytical prediction, just standard stuff not the broken one), then later learned that same ability. FYI, that ability is an art, something that can only be learned through effort.
The more we talk, the more I'm starting to think Rim should be in 3rd instead of 4th. It's just like how Fugil is better than Yujiro in some stuff and vice versa, I think Rim is comparable to Yujiro in terms of skill

Any objections to a 3rd place Rim?

See, that's a perfect example: Yujiro may have "whole battle" precog, but his IA is only cellular as opposed by Rim's atomic vision

I actually I'm againts it. Fugil not only has the same feats Rimuru has but much more. The atomic vision is hax

The thing is we're getting a bit off topic.

Why does molecular vs atomic even matter?

In a regular skill based fight, what good will looking at atoms do that looking at molecules doesn't already? What more advantages does it give?

BakiHanma18 said:
See, that's a perfect example: Yujiro may have "whole battle" precog, but his IA is only cellular as opposed by Rim's atomic Vision
It's funny, because the person who fought him outright told him there are a million ways to bypass it, and that was the person who was trained by Hakurou. Already listed his sword/skill stuff above, so that goes to show.

Atomic level vision IS hax, that was never the point I made. However, bypassing it with sheer swordsmanship and skill through an Art? That is skill. In case you do not know what Arts are:

It embarrasses me to say it, but the Orc Lords of the past have all been defeated by human efforts. Ravenous is a powerful Unique Skill, no doubt about it, but it works only by seizing the powers of those the Orc Lord defeats. While monsters may have Intrinsic Skills or other Magic-oriented effects an Orc Lord can take for itself, humans bear none of that. They bear Arts, not Skills, and those are strictly the fruits of practice and effort. That's what enables a human nation, or band of nations, to defeat such a threat.
~ Shuna explaining arts.​

Arts doesn't mean anything as we got people transcending causality and concepts through effort but those got noped. Avoiding 360 atomic vision is hax.

Why is beating people who have atomic vision so impressive though? What kind of information could they gain from the atomic vision? Why did it have a huge impact on the fight?

Guys this isn't even skill at this point. This isn't "who's the most skilled", it's "who has the best analysis." In which at that point you can put people like Mr. Fantastic or Rick Sanchez or Shiro or Metagross on the list. Lolpredict isn't skill, it's intellect. Dexterity, accuracy, agility, etc are skill, in which Yujiro, Ikki, Task, and Fugil are the only people who even contend.

You contridicted yourself, and you didn't read the passage.

I say again, Arts are things that can only be learned via practice and effort. I repeat once more, practice and effort. Rimuru is likely in the Top 3, I see Musashi and Kojiro going for No.1, so I doubt they'll be staying there long.

Avoiding Magic Sense (atomic 360 degree vision), via Formhide, an ART, is skill.

Firephoenixearl said:
Why is beating people who have atomic vision so impressive though? What kind of information could they gain from the atomic vision? Why did it have a huge impact on the fight?
Don't you think it would be hard to sneak up on someone and slice their arm off when they literally see the light and soundwaves and how they interact with magic in the atmosphere? Because I do. It literally processes so much information that it:

A. Goes beyond the senses.

B. Characters literally resist Info Manipulation from it.

The real cal howard said:
Guys this isn't even skill at this point. This isn't "who's the most skilled", it's "who has the best analysis." In which at that point you can put people like Mr. Fantastic or Rick Sanchez or Shiro or Metagross on the list. Lolpredict isn't skill, it's intellect. Dexterity, accuracy, agility, etc are skill, in which Yujiro, Ikki, Task, and Fugil are the only people who even contend.

Firephoenixearl said:
I can see someone trying to sneak up on me even without atomic vision though. That's what im saying.
That's not the point. It's the fact that they snuck up on someone with such precise insight that they couldn't do anything about it until they were already cut.

Rimuru used his analysis in a swordfight against someone with similar AP and swordsmanship and won, your point?

Idk, but Rimuru's are more like haxes than skills for me. Maybe because the difference in defining "skills" here...

I say again, Arts are things that can only be learned via practice and effort. I repeat once more, practice and effort. Rimuru is likely in the Top 3, I see Musashi and Kojiro going for No.1, so I doubt they'll be staying there long.

Avoiding Magic Sense (atomic 360 degree vision), via Formhide, an ART, is skill.
Contradicted where?

You missed my point. Arts being defined as only attainable through skill and effort doesn't mean anything when people on this list have transcended or surpassed fate and time all other kinds of blatantly haxy stuff (that the first thread established as not being quantifiable) through sheer effort. Explain how him avoiding Magic Sense was done because from what has been said of it so far it is 360 vision on an atomic level that lets people see sound waves, magic etc interacting with everything in the atmosphere. What skill lets someone avoid that kind of sight when the two people are presumably comparable physically?

All you have said so far is Rim used Formhide which is an Art which is defined as achieved through practice and effort which I will then refer to the first paragraph in this post.

Yeah, you're right. I've kinda been going down the rabbit hole. What's your opinion on the current placements?

AnonymousBlank said:

Contradicted where?
You missed my point. Arts being defined as only attainable through skill and effort doesn't mean anything when people on this list have transcended or surpassed fate and time all other kinds of blatantly haxy stuff (that the first thread established as not being quantifiable) through sheer effort. Explain how him avoiding Magic Sense was done because from what has been said of it so far it is 360 vision on an atomic level that lets people see sound waves, magic etc interacting with everything in the atmosphere. What skill lets someone avoid that kind of sight when the two people are presumably comparable physically?

All you have said so far is Rim used Formhide which is an Art which is defined as achieved through practice and effort which I will then refer to the first paragraph in this post.
I don't care what others have done, I'm merely talking about what RIMURU AND RIMURU ALONE has done.

It all depends. Yuuto is an expert in literal ALL existing martial arts, and can imitate any martial art after seeing it only once. In addition to that, Yuuto can use techniques that come from sports, since he is also an expert in all kinds of sports, and even knows how to handle all types of weapons.

I think Yuuto is a better option. The guy is able to break his limits during a fight, and predict all the moves his opponent makes. Literally, Yuuto defeated the most famous martial artist in the other world with one punch.

It all depends. Yuuto is an expert in literal ALL existing martial arts, and can imitate any martial art after seeing it only once. In addition to that, Yuuto can use techniques that come from sports, since he is also an expert in all kinds of sports, and even knows how to handle all types of weapons.

I think Yuuto is a better option. The guy is able to break his limits during a fight, and predict all the moves his opponent makes. Literally, Yuuto defeated the most famous martial artist in the other world with one punch.

I don't want to count him out yet, but these feats are all pretty baseline when you talk about the top 5

So no one have answered my new points on Fugil vs. Sasaki.

I found that Posesión is superior to humanity and Sasaki outkilled him. With Fugil, Mishis is already superior to everything humans can do, she gets outskilled by Singlen, who is inferior to King Lux who gets outskilled by Fugil. So Fugil is superior in this.

Sasaki masters a lot of battle styles (mainly with swords), Fugil not only knows battle styles with swords, but with a bunch of other weapons and martial arts.

Back