• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: A New Skill

Creaturemaster971 said:
Mostly with this point:

"Musashi can simulate 32 battles in an instant, and after improving her skills by fighting Hozoin, upgraded that number to thousands of battles, allowing her to adapt to, match, and then surpass Yagyu despite his aforementioned bullshit as soon as they clashed. This was before she reached Zero, which puts her vastly (but unquantifiably) above these feats"
Wait a sec, is simulating battles in your mind a skill feat? Because even me irl can do that

Just to pop a Yujiro in there, regardless of the amount of moves, Yujiro has Enhanced Senses that are so good, they act as a pseudo precog that allows him to predict an entire fight in just a glance

Just putting this here too. Singlen preficted everything againts Lux until Lux's Quick Draw (which is basically the end of the fight).

>Prediction

Laughs in ikki precoging the entirety of the fight down to the very last details of the words and exact time along with the special techniques and causality breaking power gain.

Ionliosite said:
Just putting this here too. Singlen preficted everything againts Lux until Lux's Quick Draw (which is basically the end of the fight).
As of right now, I'm convinced that Jax should be in 4th place. Yujiro has end of fight "precog" and Fugil outskills someone with basically the same ability. Jax begin superior to an 8 step precog isn't that impressive with these in mind

Laughs in Mori juking someone who could precog into the future and copy your moves.

No but seriously, why is Mori in 4th place? He should be more skilled than Yujiro.

At this point, I'm just watching the list for entertainment. It seems entirely subjective, and one person can see someone more skilled with feats to prove it, yet still be below them.

Sir Ovens said:
No but seriously, why is Mori in 4th place? He should be more skilled than Yujiro.
After seeing the initial feats list, it would seem more like he is more skilled than Baki, but not as skilled as Yujiro

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
I still wanna ask, why is Rimuru below Vash, despite First Witch saying he was above Pray, and you saying he was superior to Jin?
That's actually my fault, I just forgot to move Rim up. I can do it after my classes today

I can see Musashi and Kojiro being No.1, but I wanna ask, who can deal with predicting every outcome of an attack via sheer analysis, with it being so precise that every attack you make is destined to hit?

See, that's the problem: for the same reason why we can't place Shimosa Musashi and Sasaki at the top is why I'm not sure we can use something like that: skills that result in hax like spacial manipulation, time manipulation, causality manipulation, Fate manipulation, etc... are questionable on their merit as actually being skill-based. No matter how skilled an individual is, they could never ACTUALLY affect space-time (with skill alone).

You'll have to take that up with Laptius/Creature.
But analytical prediction is allowed here, and that should easily be Top 3.
AP is allowed, but my concern is with this portion

"you make is destined to hit"

We can discuss the merits of adding skill feats like this in this chat, so everyone can add input

I swing my sword to hit that light, and interestingly, I was able to successfully block Hinata's sword.

It seems that these light trails indicate all the possible paths of attacks that the enemy can go for under the circumstance with the attacks following the direction of the trails. I tried it for several more times and discovered that sometimes the light trails would not glow.

This indicates that it is unable to predict the incoming attack path, meaning that it will be a complex attack from the enemy. In simpler terms, low level attacks such as a feint can all be predicted. But since Hinata has mastered the art of sword, she was also able to strike out unpredictable attacks. The terrifying property of this skill is not its ability to predict, but that whatever it predicts is destined to happen. It is not a prediction of an attack that is most likely to occur, instead, once successfully predicted, the attack will definitely land on the predicted path.
~ Future Attack Predictio​
He quite literally analyzes every single possiblity of your attack, and every attack he makes when predicted will always land. (Even more absurd, Hinata is so skilled she can fight this off with her own analytical prediction, and sheer swordsmanship)

That aint skill. Thats hax that makes what you do predict guaranteed to happen. The moment the skill description says that once you predict a path nothing can change it, is the moment it isn't skill but fate manip.

I could get law manip while taking a midnight piss but that doesn't make it skill.

I never said surpassing space and time is skill though. It can be a skill feat in verse and I would agree that it is a legit feat for skill scaling in said verse to establish the top dog but that doesn't really matter when its vagueness gets it thrown out by the rules of this thread.

AnonymousBlank said:
I could get law manip while taking a midnight piss but that doesn't make it skill.
Imagine that actually happening.

One moment you're taking a midnight piss, while being annoyed that you had to get up from your bed, the next moment you're rewriting physics

That's... not the point. The fact of the matter is, this ability was gained. In a swordfight. Against someone who already outskilled someone who had 300+ years of experience, neg 360 atomic level vision with Arts (effort based skill), and was instructed to teach an entire country.

Nah, I was about to miss in my sleep deprived state before gravity goes diagonally and it goes in. Also can't be bothered inventing a new rule book for physics ovo

Now enough about late night adventures, what do think about Rim's prediction?

Not really hax. At least 4 ppl already outdo that feat. It's just the usual run of the mill "i can see where you can attack me from".

How is it hax? It's literally no different from Sasaki (RoR)'s version, just inferior.
See, the way I understand it as of right now is that with Rim's predictions will come true no matter what unless the opponent has IA or AP, even if that person may be abundantly faster. With Sasaki, it's just highly accurate (but still fallible) predictions going on 1,000 steps in advance

BakiHanma18 said:
See, the way I understand it as of right now is that with Rim's predictions will come true no matter what unless the opponent has IA or AP, even if that person may be abundantly faster. With Sasaki, it's just highly accurate (but still fallible) predictions going on 1,000 steps in advance
Yeah that's the flowery part.

It's not destined to happen, it's just highly accurate. Sasaki can simulate the battle many times in his head that's why he knows what can happen. This is the same.

How does Ikki and Edel do it? I can understand Sasaki, since he simulates the battle before it even happens. Fugil can simulate the entire battle before it happens via AP?

Firephoenixearl said:
BakiHanma18 said:
Yeah that's the flowery part.
It's not destined to happen, it's just highly accurate. Sasaki can simulate the battle many times in his head that's why he knows what can happen. This is the same.
Nope, it is destined. He was able to outskill Hinata with it in the second round, when earlier she was actually contesting that AP.

Back