• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I have made a decision.

If this thread doesn't go into grace by tomorrow night, at 9PM EST, the character with the most votes will win. I don't wanna have these threads getting stalled because of the lack of participation.

Gonna throw this arg out for Unohana

Captains like base Shunsui, who are massively less skilled than Unohana in everything can use shunpo to travel 26km in a single step (Yama's reiatsu range is at least 13km, so shunsui has to travel 13km to take Nanao out of it, and another 13km to get back to where he was). This proves that Unohana can very easily get to law at FTE speeds, then **** him up at cqc with soul hax, bankai, speed amps, and sword skill. SHe also has the daggers to distract Law as well. (Arc already Ninja'd me on this so whatev)

With Bankai, even if she's fighting Law, if Tsunade goes for a sneak attack, she just get's corroded. Unohana just most reliably beats up both tbh.

Last edited:
Gonna throw this arg out for Unohana

Captains like base Shunsui, who are massively less skilled than Unohana in everything can use shunpo to travel 26km in a single step (Yama's reiatsu range is at least 13km, so shunsui has to travel 13km to take Nanao out of it, and another 13km to get back to where he was). This proves that Unohana can very easily get to law at FTE speeds, then **** him up at cqc with soul hax, bankai, speed amps, and sword skill. SHe also has the daggers to distract Law as well. (Arc already Ninja'd me on this so whatev)

With Bankai, even if she's fighting Law, if Tsunade goes for a sneak attack, she just get's corroded. Unohana just most reliably beats up both tbh.
Doesn't Tsunade resist corrosion? I think Orochimaru does, since Kurama Chakra corroded a snake and not him. Did Tsunade ever touch Kurama's chakra?

It's 14: 14: 1.

We have about an hour remaining until the timer I placed has passed. If this results in both Unohana and Law having the same amount of votes as each other then I'm either giving one point to both series or no points to either series. I'll think about it more when the time has come.

Idk how unohana even getting close when law has ob haki and tact. Unohana is simply a puppet within Law's room. Has she any way to avoid being auto hit by a mere shambles into a gamma knife or by his awakened attacks? You realise the second she's cut law can do whatever he wants with her? it can be something as simple as losing a fingernail. And don't forget the many auto attacks he can use to keep her at bay. Spamming normal slashes from a distance within his room will only keep them on their toes. Not to mention its a 1v1v1. He has 2 other people to tactically use to his advantage. Whether it may be for getting away from an attack so the other could take the hit or vice versa. Law triumphs against the many.

This should be an easy win for Law. He out haxes them both Mid diff.

9PM EST has passed and it has ended with an incon. I now need to figure out how I'm going to handle this. Give me a fat second everyone.

Even if Unohana gets close to him and they clash swords, she would still just get one shot unless she resists spatial manipulation like Hawkins had with Haki here.

Even if Unohana gets close to him and they clash swords, she would still just get one shot unless she resists spatial manipulation like Hawkins had with Haki here.
If she's in Bankai he just get's corroded gg

Even then, she can just avoid him using her Hakuda techniques like she did to Kenpachi to avoid clashing (Which is in character, so don't argue knowledge) and oneshot him with soul hax and skill advantage. Unohana would defeat law before she could hit him, either through Bankai or Skill + Soul Hax

Still missing the point. People talking about her abilities (which law can get past) and still not talking about how she could evade law's spatial slices even if he were to spam it, or shambles her into a spatial slice attack. How can unohana get around law's auto attacks? How would she be able to defend herself???

She can activate Bankai whilst fighting/flash stepping. There's no reason for her to not use Bankai, as it's her main offensive power.
Is this in-character for her to do?
She's dodging the slash that has spatial manip. That's what I was responding to.
My guy. This is all under the assumption that she uses Shunpo to dash towards Law for an attack. Why would she dodge Law seemingly blocking her attack?

Stop being unrealistic. First you claim that she’d use her Bankai off rip and then you say she’s going to dodge Law blocking her sword hit? This isn’t in some magical universe where Unohana knows exactly what to do in order to win. We‘re debating on who wins based on canon tactics with each fighter having reasonable responses to things.

Is this in-character for her to do?
Yes? It's her Zan's main way of fighting as her Shikai is just a sting ray, she used it in her fight with Kenny too.
My guy. This is all under the assumption that she uses Shunpo to dash towards Law for an attack. Why would she dodge Law seemingly blocking her attack?
🗿

In this scenario, why would she choose to attack the sword as opposed to attacking else where with say, a dagger (That also has soul hax), which she does do in character. She even faced this a similar scenario with Kenny and what did she do? Outmaneuver him and attack elsewhere away from the sword. These are normal strats Unohana uses in sword combat.
Stop being unrealistic. First you claim that she’d use her Bankai off rip and then you say she’s going to dodge Law blocking her sword hit? This isn’t in some magical universe where Unohana knows exactly what to do in order to win. We‘re debating on who wins based on canon tactics with each fighter having reasonable responses to things.
Nothing I've argued here relies on prior knowledge, these are just strategies Unohana would do and has done in her manga.

Yes? It's her Zan's main way of fighting as her Shikai is just a sting ray, she used it in her fight with Kenny too.
I’m asking if it’s in character for her to start with it, not if it’s in character for her to use it.
In this scenario, why would she choose to attack the sword as opposed to attacking else where with say, a dagger (That also has soul hax), which she does do in character.
I don’t think I ever mentioned Unohana using a sword. I simply said attack. Law clashing blades with her, be it from a sword or a dagger, would one shot her.
She even faced this a similar scenario with Kenny and what did she do? Outmaneuver him and attack elsewhere away from the sword
Scan?

Also, Law’s Kenbun would know what she plans on doing, so an6 attack she throws at him would just be read and countered accordingly.

Law goes to clash blades -> Law uses Kenbun and realizes what Unohana will do -> Unohana maneuvers around him and attacks again -> Law clashes blades with Unohana -> Unohana gets chopped up by spatial hax.
These are normal strats Unohana uses in sword combat.
So will she use a sword or a dagger? I’m confused on what you’re saying she’ll do here.

🗿. Law can't beat Unohana close quarters, and that's mainly the argument for her victory, she can shunpo into CQC where she beats up Law pretty handidly. Also this debate's already over so whatevs
I’m asking if it’s in character for her to start with it, not if it’s in character for her to use it.
Eh...

She only has one fight, and for most of it, she was holding back to amp Zaraki to her level. When Zaraki became strong enough, she her Banaki immediately. Idk if that's the best answer to this, but that's what happened.
I don’t think I ever mentioned Unohana using a sword. I simply said attack. Law clashing blades with her, be it from a sword or a dagger, would one shot her.
She wouldn't clash with him is my point. She would use her superior skill and stat amps to outmaneuver him for the soul hax one shot. Also she uses daggers as a ranged suprise attack, so clashing with that wouldn't affect her.
Here. Chapter 524.
Also, Law’s Kenbun would know what she plans on doing, so an6 attack she throws at him would just be read and countered accordingly.

Law goes to clash blades -> Law uses Kenbun and realizes what Unohana will do -> Unohana maneuvers around him and attacks again -> Law clashes blades with Unohana -> Unohana gets chopped up by spatial hax.
I think overestimating Kenbun a bit here.

If he has to actively choose to use Kenbun, then he's at a further disadvantage, as it's likely Unohana will be right on top of him so he'll already be in sword combat with her by the time he can use it, which might already be too late for him. Law's Kenbun wouldn't allow him to amp his speed to match her amps though, even if it allows him to see the very brief future or read her movements.

I remain unconvinced that his Haki will allow him to overcome an immense skill and stat disadvantage. They can both oneshot each other, I just think Unohana will do it first for these reasons. Also, if she's in Bankai, none of this matters, as being in her prescence is essentially a GG.
So will she use a sword or a dagger? I’m confused on what you’re saying she’ll do here.
She uses both in her sword combat to outmaneuver her opponents guard, and in this case, soul tap.

Law can't beat Unohana close quarters
Based on? Law literally knows anything she does before she does it, and any attack Law does, whether it be clashing blades or simply blocking, would instantly make him win.
She only has one fight, and for most of it, she was holding back to amp Zaraki to her level. When Zaraki became strong enough, she her Banaki immediately. Idk if that's the best answer to this, but that's what happened.
So basically in a scenario like this, we wouldn’t know. I see no reason why she’d start out with her bankai, and since we have no idea if it’s in character for her, saying that she’d use it later on in the fight rather than in their FIRST INTERACTION makes much more sense.
I think overestimating Kenbun a bit here.

If he has to actively choose to use Kenbun, then he's at a further disadvantage, as it's likely Unohana will be right on top of him so he'll already be in sword combat with her by the time he can use it, which might already be too late for him.
He doesn’t.
Law's Kenbun wouldn't allow him to amp his speed to match her amps though, even if it allows him to see the very brief future or read her movements.
From what I know, Shunpo doesn’t boost attack speed, but rather is used in a way similar to sprinting or dashing in a certain direction. Unless I’m incorrect with how Shunpo is used, its a non-factor in cqc.
Here. Chapter 524.
Yeah, no.

Unohana moving her hand above Law’s in order to hit him isn’t going to do shit. What’s her answer to Law just facetanking her sword with Buso wherever she moved her blade to, but then continuing his own slash, subsequently one shotting her?

Back