• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tier doesn't rip the soul out, right now it's less of the soul manipulation aspect and more so that passive corruption which Haki doesn't resist.
Oh ye. They both soul based so i just typed up a comparable form of soul hax he withstood. But if soul corruption is entirely different then, heh.

Why would Buso protect against soul corruption which induces poison manipulation and eventually death manipulation. You still aren't answering this question Kachon.
Because as far as I know, these are all effects of soul manipulation, no? If they are, then the poison and death manipulations would not happen as it would not reach his souls due to Buso.

Why would Buso protect against Soul Manipulation, or effects which are directly applied to the soul. I still haven't seen the evidence which proves that Buso works on a spiritual level or would protect against the esoteric effects of Tier's passive existence.
It does, it protects and resists the effect of Big Mom's, Brook's and Moria's DF which effect the soul in various ways.

Now if it's on the level of Bleach characters, that's a different subject.

Big Mom's Soul Manipulation doesn't induce corruption, it just removes people's souls from their bodies, from my knowledge. Just because you can protect against x effect to your soul doesn't mean you can protect against y effect to your soul.

We don't scale Soul Manipulation resistances to have generalized resistances to all effects from Soul Manipulation, someone who resists their soul being cut wouldn't resist against their soul being forcefully removed.

That didn't really address my question, so I'll be more direct with my wording, why would Buso protect Jinbe from Tier's corruption.
The same way it would protects him from getting it ripped out. The same way it protects them against high temperatures, the same way it protects them from spatial hax. The same way it allows them to restructure themselves back to the way they were before as we've seen with Law going from female back to male.

i'm sure by using up enough haki for the duration of the fight he'll be capable of resisting. Either perfectly resists or resisting enough to slow down the effects. Till he K.O's her.

If it doesn't protect him against soul-based corruption then I don't believe we should assume it would just because it can protect against other forms of Soul Manipulation.
I mean,, it resists against the majority of the soul based abilities. Soul corruption no different.🤷‍♂️

If it doesn't protect him against soul-based corruption then I don't believe we should assume it would just because it can protect against other forms of Soul Manipulation.
You could argue that for Moria but at the moment he doesn't have that in his profile.

Corruption works entirely different from the removal of one's soul or the cutting of one's soul, one induces esoteric effects like poison manipulation and eventually death manipulation through infecting one's spirit with hollow particles, while the other just manipulate the soul in offensive ways. These mechanically aren't the same, just because they all three interact on a spiritual level doesn't mean we assume someone can resist the other two just because they can resist one form of Soul Manipulation.

Big Mom's Soul Manipulation doesn't induce corruption, it just removes people's souls from their bodies, from my knowledge. Just because you can protect against x effect to your soul doesn't mean you can protect against y effect to your soul.
Big Mom grabs their souls. AFAIK, in order for the corruption to work, she needs to be able to interact with their soul. Since she can’t do that because of Buso, the other effects won’t take place.

Deceived’s right. It’s like saying that an immunity to the flu gives you an immunity to Covid, that’s just not how it works.
No, it’s like saying that because the Flu is unable to enter your body, Covid wouldn’t either, which is valid, as they both enter the body via the same ways (Mouth, Nose, etc.)

I'm saying Buso wouldn't protect against his soul being manipulated to such an affect because of the lack of evidence for Buso granting such resistance against corruption.
The corruption requires the Hollow particles to touch the soul. Buso protects the soul from being touched, meaning that if the Hollow particles can’t touch Jinbe’s soul, he’s not getting corrupted.

You still haven't provide evidence that Buso would protect one's soul from being manipulated to any extent, you've only proven it can protect against one's soul being forcefully ripped out of their body.
It’s stopping the soul from being touched by Big Mom.

There’s also beings with strong souls being able to negate the abilities of soul manipulation via Brook. Hollow particles are soul-based, meaning people who are able to use their own strong souls to protect themselves (Buso) should be able to block out other abilities that manipulate souls via their own soul.

This soul-based protection (Buso) is layered, so unless there’s proof that Harribel’s Hollow particles’ soul manipulation is layered above Jinbe’s Buso, then it’s not affecting him in any way, shape, or form.

There’s also beings with strong souls being able to negate the abilities of soul manipulation via Brook. Hollow particles are soul-based, meaning people who are able to use their own strong souls to protect themselves (Buso) should be able to block out other abilities that manipulate souls via their own soul.

This soul-based protection (Buso) is layered, so unless there’s proof that Harribel’s Hollow particles’ soul manipulation is layered above Jinbe’s Buso, then it’s not affecting him in any way, shape, or form.
Dude Soul Manipulation Resistance wouldn't give Resistance to corruption or death manipulation this is clearly NLF 🗿🗿🗿

Also you should prove Jinbo Resists Corruption. Burden is on you not us

Dude Soul Manipulation Resistance wouldn't give Resistance to corruption or death manipulation this is clearly NLF 🗿🗿🗿

Also you should prove Jinbo Resists Corruption. Burden is on you not us
Learn how to read.

Harribel’s corruption is dependent on whether her Hollow Particles can reach the target’s soul or not. If it can’t, then the opponent is not getting corrupted.

Because Jinbe’s Haki stops the particles from reaching his soul, he’s not getting corrupted. It’s as simple as that.

Learn how to read.

Harribel’s corruption is dependent on whether her Hollow Particles can reach the target’s soul or not. If it can’t, then the opponent is not getting corrupted.

Because Jinbe’s Haki stops the particles from reaching his soul, he’s not getting corrupted. It’s as simple as that.
A shield won't guarantee protect you from a gas leak. Also, what is Jinbe's layer amount.

Back