• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HST Showdown - (Round 6 - Villainous Façades)

Gin has literally never used his sleep manipulation Kido in combat consistently enough to argue he'd do that here.

Gin has literally never used his sleep manipulation Kido in combat consistently enough to argue he'd do that here.
He has less feats when comes to all abilities in his profile but it should be noted his intelligence can work based on how he wants to end the fight. The key we are using he does has feats for using it.

The ability seemingly requires eye contact from both parties, as both instances of the ability being used was through Momo looking into the eyes of that prison guard and Gin looking into the eyes of Rangiku.

Shanks got some good AoE with his Hao attacks tbh, but fair point of the analytical prediction however I'd argue it'd be more difficult for Itachi to do so coming from a dude with Precognition and good amounts of AoE.
AoE could make it difficult but with Clones and substitution it will be helpful in avoiding any life-threatening injuries.

Not to mention Itachi has an instinctual reaction

So if he does get caught with more than his mind can register(which rarely happens because Sharingan) he could instincively substitute away from immediate danger and keep analyzing Gin and Shanks.
Shanks is also capable of hiding his own presence via killer of Observation, something something killing his own "sign." / "presence".
Right but then it just turns into who will find who first and imma bet on the trained ninja over the pirate on that one lol.
Even with the Susanoo it wouldn't help Itachi given the range difference here.
it'll help with Defense via Yata + Itachi has some useful ranged attacks via Yasaga Beads so that would at least help keep him safe while he makes a plan.

AoE could make it difficult but with Clones and substitution it will be helpful in avoiding any life-threatening injuries.
That's completely fair.

So if he does get caught with more than his mind can register(which rarely happens because Sharingan) he could instincively substitute away from immediate danger and keep analyzing Gin and Shanks.
Tbh I can see this helping him more so when it comes to taking damage without dying more than it would to help him dodge but it's both I suppose.
Right but then it just turns into who will find who first and imma bet on the trained ninja over the pirate on that one lol.
Fair enough.
it'll help with Defense via Yata + Itachi has some useful ranged attacks via Yasaga Beads so that would at least help keep him safe while he makes a plan.
Valid point but he'd need to do so quickly while getting bombarded by the crossfire of Gin's and Shank's range.

Shinigami have organs. We see that multiple times my guy.

Itachi can't hit Shanks with a Genjutsu at this range. His range is only tens of meters, higher with his abilities, they start from 4KM where only Shanks can Gin can attack from
But they are still souls so that's why I used the term soul flesh. Anyway, his cloak keeps him safe from observation haki. Also shouldn't Yata Bean have more range?

Gin bankai phases trough things so the susano is getting poked.

Gin bankai phases trough things so the susano is getting poked.
You'd have to prove it could damage Yata Mirror which is a Spiritual weapon with selective intangibility that evolves and power nulls to match and block Physical and Spiritual attacks.

Not to mention Itachi still has his instinctive reaction and analytical prediction to dodge it.

Valid point but he'd need to do so quickly while getting bombarded by the crossfire of Gin's and Shank's range.
I mean if he sits back and observes while blocking and dodging attacks he can just wait until one is getting close to taking out the other to join. He has no obligation to get directly get involved right away.

Gin's Bankai doesn't phase through things. It literally stabs into the opponent, a small portion of the blade is broken off and poisons the opponent.

Speed stop making shit up.
Doesn't it turn into dust for a brief period? I mean it did phase through hogyoku aizen unless your saying hogyoku aizen < Gin. Anyway susano lost it's NPI for soul-based things so the zanpakotou is passing touhj
You'd have to prove it could damage Yata Mirror which is a Spiritual weapon with selective intangibility that evolves and power nulls to match and block Physical and Spiritual attacks.

Not to mention Itachi still has his instinctive reaction and analytical prediction to dodge it.
Maybe not aim for the shield everyone with a brain knows that.

I mean if he sits back and observes while blocking and dodging attacks he can just wait until one is getting close to taking out the other to join. He has no obligation to get directly get involved right away.
That'll cost him Chakra, even with his Susanoo tagging someone like Shanks due to his ridiculous precognition would prove to be difficult enough. Also he can't maintain that Susanoo for long due to the strain it'll place on his body.

Doesn't it turn into dust for a brief period? I mean it did phase through hogyoku aizen unless your saying hogyoku aizen < Gin
Turning into dust isn't phasing. And with a sneak attack, yes he is. Also stop blatantly lying before I report you, Itachi literally still has soul NPI. I'm looking at it right now as we speak so keep doing this really.

Maybe not aim for the shield everyone with a brain knows that.
It can become omnidirectional,

that also doesn’t even matter since Itachis Susanoo is only a partial one with no legs so it moves according to his own movements and at similar speeds. So with his analytical prediction and instinctive reaction, Gin wouldn’t get a hit in even if the yata mirror wasn’t up.

That'll cost him Chakra, even with his Susanoo tagging someone like Shanks due to his ridiculous precognition would prove to be difficult enough. Also he can't maintain that Susanoo for long due to the strain it'll place on his body.
True but if he starts to use stealth and evasion jutsu to close the gap he won’t need his Susanoo.

I was mostly just saying that he always has that option if needed.

Last edited:
It can become omnidirectional,

that also doesn’t even matter since Itachis Susanoo is only a partial one with no legs so it moves according to his own movements and at similar speeds. So with his analytical prediction and instinctive reaction, Gin wouldn’t get a hit in even if the yata mirror wasn’t up.
That's great and all but the speed of the bankai is unreal and he can also keep increasing the speed so no problem. Nope it's only one direction. Also Itachi susano is not agile at all so it's just a target.
Turning into dust isn't phasing. And with a sneak attack, yes he is. Also stop blatantly lying before I report you, Itachi literally still has soul NPI. I'm looking at it right now as we speak so keep doing this really.
I thought that was removed but bleach soul npi is layered so one layer would not be enough
True but he if he starts to use stealth and evasion jutsu to close the gap he won’t need his Susanoo.

I was mostly just saying that he always has that option if needed.
It's more likely Shanks beat Itachi unless genjutsu actually works and then Gin snipes

you mean Mihawk flashbacks?
yzetl07fkmwa1.jpg

That's great and all but the speed of the bankai is unreal and he can also keep increasing the speed so no problem. Nope it's only one direction.
equal stats my guy, its nothing Itachi's sharingan can't deal with.
Also Itachi susano is not agile at all so it's just a target.
a target that he can't damage past an omni directional yata mirror lol
It's more likely Shanks beat Itachi unless genjutsu actually works and then Gin snipes
how is that more likely when Shanks and Gin are the ones with ranged attacks that'll probably be attacking each other first?

That doesn't work even suppressed spiritual pressure block weaker attacks as said by Aizen and kenpaci anyway that's all from me we need the bleach suppoteres

equal stats my guy, its nothing Itachi's sharingan can't deal with.

a target that he can't damage past an omni directional yata mirror lol

how is that more likely when Shanks and Gin are the ones with ranged attacks that'll probably be attacking each other first?
Shanks won't be able to track Gin because of the conceal cloak which seems to cancel zanpaktou too as seen with Aizen slashing isshin not sure if it works for bankai. Would sharigan work on a long sword 13km sword is pushing Itachi back Yata mirror has limited in the manga didn't itachi susuno get wrecked by kirin? Anyway shanks has way's past susano. Again this is it for me unfollowing

Shanks won't be able to track Gin because of the conceal cloak
the one that Decieved says Gin wont have?
Would sharigan work on a long sword 13km sword is pushing Itachi back
with his enhanced perceptions and instinctive reaction absolutely.
Yata mirror has limited in the manga didn't itachi susuno get wrecked by kirin?
the normal skeleton did not the full susanoo
Anyway shanks has way's past susano. Again this is it for me unfollowing
he doesn't against Yata

the one that Decieved says Gin wont have?

with his enhanced perceptions and instinctive reaction absolutely.

the normal skeleton did not the full susanoo

he doesn't against Yata
Skelton susuano was only in the anime in the manga the full thing was shown.

What is Itachi's reasoning for winning?
- Has numerous ways to avoid or block both Gin and Shanks's main attacks(Susanoo, masking his presence, clones, substitutions, analytical prediction + enhanced perception via Sharingan + instinctual reaction, Yata Mirror(an intangible and power nulling spirit shield))

- If he gets close enough to them he can use Tsukuyomi or Ephemeral on Gin or Shanks if they look into his eyes or at his finger which could be an instant gg if it’s the eyes via Tsukuyomi with all the damage he can cause to someone’s psyche(bfrs them to a mental world where he has complete control of time, space, gravity, matter, age, and senses. To the point where he can make someone live their entire life from youth to old age in the illusion or torture someone for 3 days in 1 second of genjutsu.)

- He can seal either of them with Totsuka Blade if he lands a hit with it.

- He can sacrifice one of his eyes to put one of them in an endless loop that they can’t break unless they have a change of mentality/stop lying to themselves.

Have his crow get close enough to look one of them in the eye and hit them with Kotoamatsukami, which is total brain control that the target can’t even tell they are under.

Last edited:
Me hearing people say itachi genjutus only tortures because he was using it against people he didn't want to kill. This mfer used a genjutsu to kill his gf in a picosecond. Yes man can kill with genjutsu. Itachi fra
That was only the novel though it didn’t happen in the manga or anime so it probably not canon.

That was only the novel though it didn’t happen in the manga or anime so it probably not canon.
it's a rendition of some of Itachi's childhood that lines up with the canon that Kishimoto helped by outlining the story for and illustrating.

You do realize a lot of the novels have been adapted into the anime/manga already right?

Last edited:
I mean Gin would be weary of that if shanks gets hit by genjutsu I am pretty sure he would be able to put two and two together
why would Gin be aware of the super specific mechanics of Genjutsu if his also apparently 13Km away.

also if Gin is spending his time 13Km away sniping Shanks and Itachi whats stopping those two from just teaming up to body him? given that its entirely in both of their characters to team up with people if the situation arises.

thats also just assuming Shanks and Itachi are fighting each other first.

Back