• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean in a way ninjutsu is a kind of spiritual attack since it's partially composed of spiritual energy
Ninjutsu being composed of spiritual energy doesn't mean it attacks the soul directly and in order to damage a Logia user you either need to attack their souls directly or negate their elemental intangibility. Minato's only wincon against Ace would probably be sealing.

And iirc, isn’t Soul Hax in the form of actually damaging souls considered a layer above Haki in One Piece? With Brook being able to harm Big Mom’s main homies without Haki but his soul hax based DF (despite Big Mom being a Haki monster), but other Haki monsters like Kaido not being able to harm them?
I've never once seen Kaidou attack Prometheus, Zeus or Hera before, so I'm not sure where you got this from. Haki protects the soul from being tampered with in general, whether that be grabbing it, weakening it, or straight up attacking it.
Even when someone like Zoro with Enma cut Prometheus with flame based NPI, it didn’t actually harm him without any soul hax on Zoro’s end
When Zoro used flame rend, he did not coat his blade in Haki, so this is irrelevant.
Anyways, which of Brook’s soul based abilities were resisted? Since resisting one kind of hax under a certain category doesn’t mean you resist all hax under that category
Brook's abilities to manipulate the soul were stated by Brook to work on Big Mom's Homies due to them having weak spirits. Haki, which is essentially the physical manifestation of one's spirit logically would resist this, which is also supporting by Kaidou stated that Haki trumps fruit abilities and with Haki already being established to resist devil fruit abilities.

I've never once seen Kaidou attack Prometheus, Zeus or Hera before, so I'm not sure where you got this from. Haki protects the soul from being tampered with in general, whether that be grabbing it, weakening it, or straight up attacking it.

When Zoro used flame rend, he did not coat his blade in Haki, so this is irrelevant.

Brook's abilities to manipulate the soul were stated by Brook to work on Big Mom's Homies due to them having weak spirits. Haki, which is essentially the physical manifestation of one's spirit logically would resist this, which is also supporting by Kaidou stated that Haki trumps fruit abilities and with Haki already being established to resist devil fruit abilities.
It’s been literal years since I read WCI, but didn’t Big Mom say something along the lines of Brook being the first person to harm her main homies due to his soul manip?

Haki protects from the specific applications of DF abilities, not as blanket resistances or power null. And Big Mom’s dura neg soul hax is resisted by not being scared of her. I don’t remember any application of Brook attacking the soul directly being resisted by Haki. I would almost be sure Haki would resist it if it weren’t for the fact that the series itself treats Soul Hax as special even compared to Haki interactions

As for Zoro, Enma forces Haki out of Zoro at all times before he mastered it, and not all Haki is Buso hardening.

I know people have been able to interact with homies before but iirc, the only people that legit damaged them were Brook and Law, who both have soul manip

All that aside, there’s no way to quantify Toshiro’s ice other than being able to freeze explosions and Sternritter tier Reishi constructs which emit intense heat that can burn fire resistant environments.

Is OP’s soul hax resistance layers enough to deal with Bleach’s layers of soul hax?

Ace scales to the emanating heat from akainu's magma. Similarly to how I can stand by a campfire without being burned while not scaling to the fire itself.

I'll respond to everything else when I get back from work.
Wouldn’t that be Ace’s resistance to heat as opposed to the heat he emits? What’s the reason for his fire scaling to the heat of Akainu

I keep seeing people say that Ace could just melt Toshiro's ice, when it's shown to be able to resist fires that should scale WAY higher than Ace's.

Ace's fire scales to the 28,000°C magma. Toshiro's ice scales above Bazz-B's casual fire manipulation, and could resist Burner Finger One for a short time, as shown in the anime. Bazz was able to offset Yamamoto's shikai flames, which should be 10x colder than his bankai flames, which are 15,000,000°C. Meaning Bazz's fires scale to 1,500,000°C. In fairness, this was likely using Burning Full Fingers, but unless you can prove that BF1 is over 50x weaker than BFF, Toshiro's shikai can handle Ace's fire.

Toshiro easily sweeps this fight. Ace gets caught by Rokui Hyoketsujin and can't break out before he suffocates. Minato gets caught in Toshiro's absolutely massive AoE, with Toshiro in Soul Society having a range of over 7 miles. Toshiro just has no issues handling these 2.

I'm going to let the Bleach supporters/experts handle this because I don't even watch Bleach like that and I know this is wrong.
Yamamoto's bankai is fire at 15,000,000°C. Bazz's fire managed to offset Yamamoto's shikai fire. Bankai is a 5-10x amp. Bazz's fire scales to 1,500,000°C. Toshiro's shikai could stand up to Burner Finger One for a couple seconds. Unless you wanna argue that BF1 is 50x weaker than Burning Full Fingers, Ace's fire can't get through Toshiro's shikai, much less his bankai.

Yeah Toshiro ice can counter a characters who fire while nerfed is way above 28000c in just shikai and bankai is a different story. Any my vote goes to Toshiba fra

We don't currently accept that Yama's Shikai flames are 5-10x colder compared to his Bankai flames. That would require an accepted and applied CRT before we can assert such things as true and applicable to this match up.
Like you said this is just fun and games and still a tiny fraction of 15 million is way above 28000c which toshiro inadvertently scales to

Like you said this is just fun and games and still a tiny fraction of 15 million is way above 28000c which toshiro inadvertently scales to
We don't downscale Yama's Shikai heat from his Bankai heat. That's not an accepted scale currently used on his profile, so it isn't usable in this fight. We're still abiding by what's accepted on these profiles, regardless of the fact this thread is just for fun.

Voting Ace. The only arguments for either of the two besting him I see as being possibly valid are freezing Ace's soul, but the Bleach supporters still haven't provided any evidence that Soul Manip in Bleach is above the layered resistance of Haki. Also, quit trying to use things that aren't on Toshiro's profile; make a CRT or something first.

We don't currently accept that Yama's Shikai flames are 5-10x colder compared to his Bankai flames. That would require an accepted and applied CRT before we can assert such things as true and applicable to this match up.
They would still have to be far hotter than Ace's possibly 28000°C flames, unless you wanna prove that Yamamoto's shikai is, by some miracle of plot, 535x colder than his bankai.

Yama's shikai also has the feat of instantly turning Driscoll into a skeleton and then burning his bones to ash in a matter of seconds. Crematoriums burn the flesh off bones and mostly burn the bones using a temperature of ~1000°C for 2 hours. Doing a quick conduction heat transfer calc, to transfer the same energy into a human body in 60 seconds would require fire that is 110,000°C, while doing it in 1 second would take a temperature of 7,000,000°C.

According to my quick research, the average thermal conductivity of the materials in a human body is ~0.4 W/mK, the average surface area of a human body is ~1.7 m², the average thickness of a human body is ~0.3 m, and the average body temperature is ~37°C. Plugging all this into the formula for conduction heat transfer gives us numbers that Ace could only dream of reaching, so no matter how you slice it, Ace's fire can't melt Toshiro's ice.

Ace's possibly 28000°C flames
?
unless you wanna prove that Yamamoto's shikai is, by some miracle of plot, 535x colder than his bankai.
This Forum and the versus threads on it are all the Wiki's, and because of that, we use the information that is on the profiles on the Wiki.

If you want to debate something that is not reflected on the profiles, you would have to make a CRT.

Can you drop the proof
Proof Bazz's fire scales to shikai Yama:

Proof Toshiro's shikai ice could resist Burner Finger 1:
latest

Image isn't working, it's the Burner Finger 1 gif we have on Bazz's profile.

So Toshiro's shikai can resist fires that scale to Yamamoto's shikai, and his bankai should be much harder to melt.

?

This Forum and the versus threads on it are all the Wiki's, and because of that, we use the information that is on the profiles on the Wiki.

If you want to debate something that is not reflected on the profiles, you would have to make a CRT.

In order for 28,000°C to be enough to deal with Toshiro's ice, you'd have to prove that Yamamoto's shikai is over 500x colder than his bankai, otherwise Toshiro has scaling that puts his ice above Ace's fire.

I'm not going to debate with you if you're unwilling to follow the wiki's standards.
What standard am I not following?

Yamamoto's bankai: 15,000,000°C, on his profile.

Ace's fire: 28,000°C, on his profile.

Bazz-B: scales to Yama's shikai, on his profile.

Toshiro: blocks Bazz's fires multiple times in their fight, and holds BF1 off for a small time(shown in the gif of BF1 on Bazz's profile)

For Ace's fires to melt Toshiro's ice, Yamamoto's bankai must necessarily be 535x hotter than his shikai.

Yama's Bankai ≠ Yama's Shikai.
So you are saying that Yamamoto's bankai is 535x hotter than his shikai? Because that's a big claim.

Using what is accepted and reflected on the profiles.
The things I have said that aren't on the profiles are as follows: Yama's shikai would be 1.5 mil°C due to the multipliers in the series. I then stopped using that once it was brought up to not be on the profiles. Then a small calc as supporting evidence for Yama's fire being way hotter than Ace's, using a feat that is accepted on Yamamoto's profile.

My core argument is all on the profiles. Core argument: Toshiro could resist Bazz-B's heat. Bazz-B could block Yamamoto's shikai fires with his own fires. Unless Yamamoto's shikai is 535x colder than his bankai, Ace's fires can't melt Toahiro's ice.

This is getting ridiculous. I've already said what needs to be said. If you want to keep debating contrary to what's on the profiles, then be my guest. I'll continue debating when someone who knows how to debate on this site decides to comment.

So you are saying that Yamamoto's bankai is 535x hotter than his shikai? Because that's a big claim.

The things I have said that aren't on the profiles are as follows: Yama's shikai would be 1.5 mil°C due to the multipliers in the series. I then stopped using that once it was brought up to not be on the profiles. Then a small calc as supporting evidence for Yama's fire being way hotter than Ace's, using a feat that is accepted on Yamamoto's profile.

My core argument is all on the profiles. Core argument: Toshiro could resist Bazz-B's heat. Bazz-B could block Yamamoto's shikai fires with his own fires. Unless Yamamoto's shikai is 535x colder than his bankai, Ace's fires can't melt Toahiro's ice.
You can't keep doing this, if it isn't accepted, it isn't accepted. You could even make a CRT right now to try to push it

Yama's shikai also has the feat of instantly turning Driscoll into a skeleton and then burning his bones to ash in a matter of seconds. Crematoriums burn the flesh off bones and mostly burn the bones using a temperature of ~1000°C for 2 hours. Doing a quick conduction heat transfer calc, to transfer the same energy into a human body in 60 seconds would require fire that is 110,000°C, while doing it in 1 second would take a temperature of 7,000,000°C.

According to my quick research, the average thermal conductivity of the materials in a human body is ~0.4 W/mK, the average surface area of a human body is ~1.7 m², the average thickness of a human body is ~0.3 m, and the average body temperature is ~37°C. Plugging all this into the formula for conduction heat transfer gives us numbers that Ace could only dream of reaching, so no matter how you slice it, Ace's fire can't melt Toshiro's ice.
Ask some calculation members to check this. I mean arc can verify this if it's correct and you are good to go.

Back