• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the most skilled character in fiction?

Schnee One said:
He wouldn't really take a spot at all, considering he's just worse composite human.

Anyway as a way to argue Vash off the top spot:

He grabbed a eraser from someone's desk close by and flicked it upward with his thumb. The piece of rubber hit the ceiling, bounced down, and―wedged itself in the space between the gun's hammer and percussion cap.

Manabe raised a voiceless scream as if he saw a ghost. Ikki had disabled the gun in a totally unimaginable way.

Just a casual flick of the thumb with a bounce got stuck in a spot with milimetric precision.

While screaming in his mind at the boy's cry for help, Ikki immediately began to move. He didn't have enough time to rush in anymore, but the belongings of the fleeing passengers were scattered all over the ground.

Ikki swung one foot forcefully at a tube of lipstick, aiming to hit the swinging knife.

"Guah!?"

Taking an unexpected impact, the knife flew out of the man's hand and fell to the ground. At the same time, Ikki charged up and struck the man in the face with his fist.

And here is him kicking stuff at a moments notice and use it to hit stuff.

While it's not a range difference, kicking or bounce flicking stuff with precision is MUCH harder than shooting them. So while this wouldn't really get Vash off the top spot, these in combination with the other ikki level feats definitely would.

Those who hate Ikki are simply those who haven't read the novel and thus only know the "skill" part of his character and not the most human parts.

Those who hate Twilight have never read Twilight and have only seen the memes and others raging about it.

Also light novels are for chumps. Have the balls to read a full fledged book like Percy Jackson.

I may or may not be being a dick on purpose right now. It's up to you to decide.

Ionliosite said:
Those who hate Ikki are simply those who haven't read the novel and thus only know the "skill" part of his character and not the most human parts.
you tell me this but I have several people ranting to me every morning about how much Ikki sucks as a character after reading Rakudai in order to evaluate the verse

In all seriousness, Ikki doesn't suck, but he's definitely not good. He's your average bland LN power fantasy protagonist, black hair and all, but he's inoffensive, and while I'm unsure if he develops as a character, apparently he does have him moments of weakness. They're few and far between but apparently they're still there. Although dude had to be starved and delirious to make a fair match against Touka, the final challenge, which was dumb that he was that strong.

I haven't seen a single Rakudai fan hate Ikki. In fact, I'm in fan group of the verse and everybody loves Ikki there.

Also, back in 2015 when the Rakudai anime came out, people were all over Ikki and how great protagonist he was compared to his contemporaries, which was carried to 2016 when the Bahamut anime came out and people complained that Lux wasn't like Ikki and that MCs were ruined again and that Ikki needed to come back to save them and bla bla bla.

Ionliosite said:
I haven't seen a single Rakudai fan hate Ikki. In fact, I'm in fan group of the verse and everybody loves Ikki there.

Also, back in 2015 when the Rakudai anime came out, people were all over Ikki and how great protagonist he was compared to his contemporaries, which was carried to 2016 when the Bahamut anime came out and people complained that Lux wasn't like Ikki and that MCs were ruined again and that Ikki needed to come back to save them and bla bla bla.
you may be looking in the wrong places the

The real cal howard said:
Although dude had to be starved and delirious to make a fair match against Touka, the final challenge, which was dumb that he was that strong.
Also it was explicitly repeated many, many times that he and Touka were only comparable at peak condition, and with his current state he would lose in an instant. That's why he gained Rasetsu, via his sheer drive to win in the brief instant he would still be alive.

Then have him at peak condition. Make it not seem like he'd have won at his peak. Not have it be like "Oh shoot, I'm going to lose now that I'm in a ruined state." Don't artificially derive tension of the final boss by nerfing the protagonist. Imagine if they pulled that shit with Goku vs Piccolo, Yusuke vs Toguro, or Deku vs Todoroki.

If they pulled that shit, I'd be fine with it if they had decent buildup and payoff, and turned it into a cool character moment with very tense atmosphere and the MC finding the true source of his resolve and putting everything he has into defying the reality in front of him to win despite it being impossible.

Ikki sure as heck causes enough world wars in this wiki. Poor op got his thread derailed by this nonsense, and the topic has its own god damn thread guys, Earl made it extra to not derail other threads....

How come nobodies mentioned Goku (skilled at punching) or Gilgamesh (skilled at sword and has fought multiple people skilled at sword from other universes) yet?

Genericstickman said:
How come nobodies mentioned Goku (skilled at punching) or Gilgamesh (skilled at sword and has fought multiple people skilled at sword from other universes) yet?
how do I downvote a post

Ultra Instinct is some cool skill stuff, but that's another thing that many of the people on the list can somewhat do

Although Ultra Instincts mechanics are different which is why I think that we should have subtypes of instinctive Reaction

The Causality said:
Mori probably solo most of the cast listed here in term of skill.
Probably, i mean he is in bold in the OP to, i think that's suggesting that the bold people are the most likely candidates for "the most skilled".

Though Ikki is more skilled. Iirc i've had this argument before so if yes then it'd be best to avoid arguing Ikki > Mori again, if not then im happy to argue it.

Ignoring Mori, Musashi or Kojiro from Fate are probably the most skilled characters here, Sasaki Kojiro too but he is probably a bit below them (from what i'm remember)

dunno about SCP

The Causality said:
Ignoring Mori, Musashi or Kojiro from Fate are probably the most skilled characters here, Sasaki Kojiro too but he is probably a bit below them (from what i'm remember)

dunno about SCP

Back