• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the most skilled character in fiction?

Seeing through a style seems more supernatural than human skill. A style is more like a key/password combination, something like, [Go into stance] > [Karate Chop] > [Go into second stance] > [Spin and use your heel to hit the opponent]

Knowing what style it is just from one look is like looking at the all the possible next type of movements and selecting one out of the many. I remember Sherlock movie, but that was him predicting how the opponent would react as well as what type of injury he'd inflict.

Anyways Chadpachi for the list

WeeklyBattles said:
A lot of characters have feats above him

Honestly there's a few characters in Records of Ragnarok that are probably equally if not more skilles than Ikki. Adam is a perfect example but he doesn't have a profile yet, I'm also inclined to rank Sasaki above Ikki too

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I don't think we can really say one single character to be the most skilled in fiction. There are different types of skill, like martial arts, swordsmanship, marksmanship, etc.
That can be done as well. Just state your top 3 in terms of martial arts, traditional weapons & marksmanship

Honestly there's a few characters in Records of Ragnarok that are probably equally if not more skilles than Ikki. Adam is a perfect example but he doesn't have a profile yet, I'm also inclined to rank Sasaki above Ikki too

This is not about opinion if you want we can argue who is more skilled/ who has better feats. Show me your your best sasaki feats.

What about hank J. Wimbleton. He's not gonna be #1 but slaughtering an army of highly trained superhuman guys trained specifically to kill you should place him pretty high up

>Me going through this thread for the heck of it.

>Seeing that the Adventurer is in the list

>.>

I cant remember ever nominating him here, so who was it or is it just a copy paste from the most skilled per tier thread? That aside, can anyone besides me even debate him (coz currently dont even have the time for that)?

But just to ensure an eternal spot on the list, the guy outskilled the god of war (who rules supreme over that concept) from his verse get rekt Khorne. :p

But for real though, how did he even get there?

Creaturemaster971 said:

The Sword Saints are officially the most skilled. As in, in-universe they took the concept of skill and broke it over their knees.
Connceptual feats won't be taken into account

Zelretch is the one who discover the 2nd Magic, but the Sword Saints manage to reach that lvl without using any magic at all. That's why Tsubame gaeshi is called infinte slash like the 2nd magic and Musashi who can make those infinte slash into a single outcome, the void.

>Sees Mori Jin

Oh.

>Remembers this means he gets current arc feats

OH.

RatherClueless said:
@spooky are you waiting for Earl? He wont be coming. He has gathered to many offenses from wanking in public places after all. If he keeps going like this it might be problematic for him
I was gonna say, you know this ain't true, but then again this is scratched so...lol.

@Spooky

Well yeah apparently Ion gonna argue that, but he's still compiling feats or whatever. We probabaly gonna make a thread of it's own for that xD.

In all seriousness, yes. Feats do matter more than just statements and hype here. Peeps can say any type of shtuff, but it being backed up by actual showings of skill? That's where you get to the top. Actions speak louder than words. It's why I scoff at Khorne being on the list, as with all his fancy words he has no showings to back it up. Yeah yeah literal concept of war and whatnot but what has he shown?

Also, despite not coming anywhere near the top of the list for any skill, I'd like to give some credit to Mario, as he's almost always slept on when it comes to sheer skill. Some notable things he had to do was stuff like The Perfect Run, where he's not allowed to get hit at all, all in a single run. There's the Pachinko level, where he has to fight against controlling FLUDD to fly, Champion's Road, which is like that but with more chances, the Impossible Pack, a gauntlet even harder than The Perfect Run as there's more levels, and the Challenge Mode in SMBU, so there's the Don't. Touch. Anything. challenge, where he can't even touch coins, and they're everywhere, not to mention the Lakitus throwing everything and the kitchen sink at him.

Although Mori Jin isn't definitively the most skilled on the wiki, I'm just gonna list out some of his feats for the hell of it.

- Before we start, it's also right to mention that martial arts in The God of High School was literally invented as an alternative to borrowing power from the Gods. That means that martial arts could be compared to hax that the Gods themselves could perform.

- His kicks literally increase his AP and his martial art is so hard to master that people explode if they aren't physically on par with the creator of the martial art (Mori's grandfather).

- Can copy martial techniques on sight.

- His kicks can generate winds that can become sentient dragons.

- Automatically responds to attacks from some of the world's greatest martial artists even when caught off guard.

- Even after being hit with an attack that completely shakes your brain and gives you extreme vertigo, he was able to beat the shit out of the guy performing the attack.

- Can fight even when dizzy and disoriented.

- Held his own against and adapted to overcome someone who had mastered a perfected form of his own martial art. The latter even knew the martial art's weaknesses and could perfectly counter all of Mori's moves.

- Countered an attack he himself deemed impossible to avoid and did it all with instinct and muscle memory.

- Heaven and all its Gods fear him even though he doesn't have any hax in the slightest. We're talking about Gods who can pull planets out of orbit for fun and start planetary storms by existing.

- His mere presence scares The Unknown, an aspect of Buddha.

- Outskilled someone who could copy your moves and use them better than you. The latter could also copy the moves of people you're met before by reading your mind.

- After having his moves copied and perfected by someone with precognition, Mori vaguely remembered his granfather using a more advanced version of his martial art and was able to completely master it mid-fight. Mind you, the vague memory was from 17 years ago. He was like "Oh yeah, my grandfather did this 17 years ago. Now I can do it." He also did not practice at all for those 17 years as he adopted a life of passivity. (My personal favourite feat)

- Can fight extremely well even while carrying Yeoui in his ear. Yeoui at it's lightest can't even be carried by Uriel, a God who could slow the decent of Mars upon Earth. It even tore off the latter's arms when she tried to carry Yeoui.

- Memed on the Alphabet Executives in his base state when previously, he had to transform to even stand a chance. The gap between both time periods was short and Mori spent that time training. Explaining how strong and powerful the Alphabet Executives are would take too long so let's just say this is very impressive.

- With a friend, he took out an entire army of Executives. This army, to put it lightly, are the world's elites. Like, the president of the entire world nominated these people from all around the world to guard him and humanity and Mori and Daewi made a complete joke out of them. Also these guys all have Borrowed Powers. Also also, they were using weapons and satellites blasting lasers and missiles.

Just gonna say that some of them aren't quantifiable. Like the "is feared by hax gods", "ppl explode if they don't have the AP" which just means Jin had enough AP, not a skill feat and "generating sentient dragons with kicks" isn't a skill feat either.

That feels more like luck not skill. Considering the futures do take into account skill, even with his skill there was only 1/1 mil where he would have won. Kind of like the avengers pulling the practically non existent win on thanos.

I think you need more context. Mori was feared for a reaso. He singlehandedly fought a war against the forces of Heaven, laughing like a madman because they pissed him off. He literally fought 4 Gods at once. A much weaker clone of him could fight a single God without arms or legs.

See, the thing about Re-Taekwondo is that it isn't just how physically fit you are. If you perform a move wrongly, you explode as well. The art itself is very strenuous. The best other people could do was somewhat mimic the art but it either wasn't perfect, or they were already in pain after a while of usage.

Also, the dragons thing is a skill feat because Mori is haxless and the wind from his kicks literally track you down.

Again not quantifiable. As i've said before in a fight there are a LOT of other factors that play in. It's best if you stick to the others which are quantifiable like can copy martial arts on sight and stuff.

WeeklyBattles said:
Low godly regen, 1-B resistances adaptation and evolution, and genius intelligence. All of them had that. He killed all of them
How would you negate Low-Godly with a sword. That's such PIS

I want to put Tommy Oliver in the running for a top contender

To reiterate my earlier reasoning I posted some time back:

"Aight. For Tommy Oliver

Before even becoming a Power Ranger, Tommy was a highly skilled martial artists. In his first actual fight, he matched Jason Lee Scott, who was already considered the best martial artist in Angel Grove and already went through tons of martial arts training even before meeting Zordon, after which he went through even more specialized training. Tommy was chosen as the best candidate for Green Ranger (besides the other Zack, and she chose him as a possible candidate more as a weapon against Zordon). Without any sort of powers, he single handedly defeated a squad of Putties, which the unmorphed Ranger team at this point still struggled to do together with multiple battles under his belt. After actually gaining Ranger powers, he mops the floor with the Rangers and even breaks into the Dino Megazord to completely defeat them. Even when he loses, its more because the spell making him evil is broken and the Rangers having gotten better overtime after repeated encounters. Just during his Green Ranger run, he's considered the best out of all of them even when his powers are 90% fried and regularly beats Goldar, the best melee combatant in skill out of all the monsters, who comes from a warrior race and has fought alongside Rita and Zedd for at least a thousand years.

Those sort of shenanigans continue on into his White Ranger run and his ninja ranger run, and his skill and training increase in the latter. Not too much important stuff, other than general ninja training stuff. The same sort of shenanigans also happen in Zeo, and he spends that season in a lot of battles against the Machine Empire, who are superior to Rita and Zedd. He does the same for half a season in turbo.

In the Dino Thunder run, even before receiving the Black Ranger Powers, held back Mesogogs small army of Tyrannadrones (angry AI robots upgraded with dinosaur DNA) and escaped all his forces single handedly. He's also the only ranger able to match Trent Fernandez-Mercer at first, and they tie in their encounter despite Trent having a sizable AP and speed advantage. He fights a lot more monsters, but you probably could tell that by now. Though, at this point in the timeline, he's already equal to Anubis Cruger, who is not only pretty much the number 1 SPD (a massive galaxy wide peace keeping force) capable of skill-stomping experienced ranger teams singlehandedly and obliterating a hundred powerful bots, but was capable of matching Grumm, a experienced space warlord and his greatest subordinates in combat and was pretty much the only person to survive the war, which killed everyone else on the planet, before joining SPD.

Even after his Dino Thunder days, he still continued to fight off quite a few monsters using the Master Morpher. In Soul of the Dragon, despite being older, retired, having broken down powers, and a massive back injury, he's still a match for his son, a SPD Ranger in his own right, in combat.

At his peak in Super Ninja Steel, he is considered the only real chance the Ranger's have of overpowering Lord Drayvon's army and the only one capable of escaping him, and helps defeat a entire army of duplicate rangers and singlehandedly defeats Lord Drayvon. Because of his experience and skill, he is considered the greatest Power Ranger, and for all the silliness that comes with that role, the Power Rangers are still a multiversal organization of the greatest warriors across millions of years, and filled to the brim with master martial artists, ninja grandmasters, Master Samurai, ancient warriors and magicians capable of holding back entire armies singlehanded, and highly trained military operatives. Within his lifetime, the guy is already considered so legendary among Power Rangers that studying his life and feats is mandatory reading for all SPD rangers.

So yeah."

Chief architect of World Marshall headquarters most skilled character in fiction. Made a building where every square inch is tougher than giant mechs meant to wage one-man nuclear warfare No credit for that place where Monsoon and Jack fought? It literally withstood all electromagnetic things thrown at it with no scratch. Most skilled character in fiction.

Back