• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Awakens

Calm down, both of you.

The original Mayer style is supposed to be a fusion of all martial arts known on earth and those known after Earth, meaning soon after the exploration into space started. You also see, I think, variants by other users in the untranslated stuff like one mainly using it with a spear and another kind of like boxing. But I don't remember a lot.

Honestly, the sword style is the most impressive thing from her considering it's all of the martial arts being combined and used at once or something rather than the all too common "X knows every martial art" which Earl has the right of when he says it doesn't equate to quality. Every martial art from earth being fused together and then way more from other planets/cultures/aliens etc is absolutely insane.

Yep, the Mayer Style is a combination of all martial arts from earth and beyond. It was concipated to give normal humans a fighting chance against the physical vastly superior AGs without weapons. Pray learned that style within months, trashed 13 Mayer Masters at once while doing required techniques to pass the succession test (Which required multiple stances, steps and moves being used while fighting 13 Mayer masters at the same time) and then trashed her Mother Karen, who was feared throughout the Mayer family.

Pray actually managed to further improve the style to the point where it was planned as a mandatory sword style for knights. Plan was stopped mid track because Pray decided to wipe out humanity but the thought was there.

The Pray Style includes sword, hand to hand, spear and dagger techniques. Blue Beetle used Prays Spear techniques and no suprise, massacred Knights and Master Knights alike.

I think I also remember something about it using ancient martial arts that were thought of as legend back on Earth, redeveloping them back to full capacity and bringing them into reality for use as weapons on the hands of dolls, pretty much combat automatons, to be able to match High Class AG, the same ones that can prove lethal to a Master Knight.

AnonymousBlank said:
Not aliens at least, as AG are the only intelligent extraterrestial species that I remember has been shown in Knight Run so far.

But Humanity did devolve into a bunch of really different factions before things came crumbling down with the appearence of the AGs, so calling a few of them aliens might not be too far off, like the Homunculi of the Innovation Empire.

Still a ridiculous amount of sources.

Legends canon General Grievous is a big one. He's defeated several Jedi Masters, and famously defeated several at the same time. He's also easily defeated Durge, who has almost 2000 years of combat experience. He can also copy almost any fighting style, even ones requiring force sensitivity like Mace Windu's Vaapad. Mace Windu immidiately stopped fighting him out of fear of him learning the style.

And this isn't even mentioning his skill as a millitary leader. He beats out Garou IMO.

The Smashor said:
Legends canon General Grievous is a big one. He's defeated several Jedi Masters, and famously defeated several at the same time. He's also easily defeated Durge, who has almost 2000 years of combat experience. He can also copy almost any fighting style, even ones requiring force sensitivity like Mace Windu's Vaapad. Mace Windu immidiately stopped fighting him out of fear of him learning the style.
And this isn't even mentioning his skill as a millitary leader. He beats out Garou IMO.
First, we should wait for OPM support for Garou, and second, is Grievious more skilled than Emperor Palpatine?

Or the fact that Darth Vader created a personalized fighting style by combining attributes of the others, to the point of toying with Kenobi, pretty much the greatest defensive fighter ever. Or Legends Luke Skywalker copying said style instinctively and surpassing Vader with it in minutes, and later going on to surpass Palpatine.

Also Baki while you're here, remove Nanami from the list due to one per verse.

And any other recommendations for Carter's placement? Don't think he stacks up to Pray, and not sure about Tasky.

On that note, shouldn't Tasky be counted as under the likes of Cap, Black Panther, Shang Chi, and Iron Fist?

Yes, Tasky got ****** by Cap several times and I don't think Tasky should be above Kuroki. The Beard God already fought against someone ( Agito ) who could beat Okubo with relative ease who can switch from 4 fighting styles. Which is what Cap did to snap Tasky into a slim Jim, so given that fact Beard God needs to be above Tasky.

Okay I'm doing some research and it seems that not only has Taskmaster been reamed by Cap before, but Cap, Black Panther, Shang Chi, and Iron Fist have all stalemated each other many times and are considered to be pretty much the pinnacle of martial skill in Marvel.

Additionally, Sabretooth (who should be around as skilled as Wolverine and Taskmaster) has gotten demolished by a blind, chi-inhibited Iron Fist through skill, and Shang-Chi has outskilled and defeated Spider-Man (who is both physically far superior and knows the Way of the Spider, which hardcounters nearly all other martial arts)

I actually said Iron Fist should be the most skilled Marvel character in a past thread but Cal was being Cal. Iron Fist is consistently portrayed as the most skilled character in Marvel. With that being said I think Kuroki and Iron Fist should share a the spot for 5, or Iron Fist below Beard God.

It seems that Shang Chi has better statements (including Black Panther stating he has surpassed Iron Fist), but Iron Fist himself has better feats.

That and the two canonically fought to a draw on-panel

I wouldn't take the statement from Black Panther too seriously, Iron Fist and Shang Chi are like league's above Black Panther in terms of skill so I doubt he'd be able to tell who's more skilled accurately.

That's true but only one can be here unfortunately and Iron Fist has the better feats between the two, so while they're equal Iron Fist show cases the better feats so I'd rather him be here as opposed to Shang Chi.

Creaturemaster971 said:
Earl, would you say it's sort of a case of Edel having a head start, but Ikki has more potential and growth to him?
Hardly tbh. Edel picked up a sword cus she was fat and liked to eat sweets, then in her teens i believe was so dangerous the 2 biggest armies of the world were completely fodderized by her. And Rakudai doesn't portray skill as "potential" or "talent", it's plain hard work, he who works the hardest is the most skilled.

It differs from people like Amane Shinomiya who had never trained a single day yet could do some stupid ass shit. Or even god forbid Kurono Shinguuji who was so talented (easily the most talented person in the series, outside of Amane) she was elite class after 2 years of awakening her blazer abilities (which is insanely soon because most people awaken as kids) and completely fodderized Nene who had a very good ability and had trained a huge amount of time for it.

I guess so?

― Yes. I'm very curious about it. The reason why Edelweiss-san, said to be the best in the world, took a sword in her hands.

What kind of determination and resolution had the girl in that picture to reach the summit of swordsmanship?

That was other people's affairs, but Ikki also walked the path of the sword.

He couldn't hide his curiosity.

Without choice, the wings of imagination flapped――

― Diet.

And were plucked off the very next moment.

― … Huh?

― Diet.

― … That's not a joke?

― Nope.

――She was serious.

Ikki understood that from Edelweiss who nodded without hesitation.

She didn't say a single lie.

― I said it moments ago, but I always liked sweets and because I loved making them and eating them myself, well… I'm embarrassed to say this but I ended up becoming a bit fat. So I exercised and my parents put me under a Japanese teacher who taught me swordsmanship near my house.

― I… see…

The Causality said:
Another Sasaki skill feat, he recovered a falling jug without spilling a drop without looking at it.he should be n┬░1 in the list judging by this skill feat without debate
1. That's not even really combat applicable

2. It's nothing that impressive. Casual spiderman 1st movie does that.

The Causality said:
Another Sasaki skill feat, he recovered a falling jug without spilling a drop without looking at it.he should be n┬░1 in the list judging by this skill feat without debate
We already discussed this feat on the Hayato v Sasaki skill thread

Firephoenixearl said:
Well i gave an argument against the feat in itself, but never considered it as "argument for 1".
Sentences aren't splitted in multiple part, consider the whole sentence insteads of focusing into only one part, everyone (or at least people outside this thread) who can read my sentence could understand that i didn't even argue for that feat and turned the feat into a joke, no need to answer it seriously.

Back