• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Awakens

Okay, I'm currently reading this manga and I'm not even close to finish it, but I strongly believe Kenshin Himura deserves a spot here. I think being one of the Top 15 with the current feats is enough at the moment.

He's a samurai who fought during the war that opened the Meiji era. He started fighting at the war at the age of 14, and during 5 years he climbed at the top to be considered the strongest patriot in the war. Even 10 years later, his skill and experience is feared amongst those who know about him.

His swordsplay is so good that he can defeat several enemies with no effort, making people believe he's using some kind of sorcery.

But it's all done through his sheer speed and skill, which he uses to predict the opponent's movements just by looking at it.

0001-043.png
0001-044.png
0001-045.png

He can beat a squad of trained swordsmen all by himself. In fact, ganging against Kenshin is useless. He is a dangerous man that not even a whole group of bandits can even hope to scratch, as seen when he raided over their hideout by defeating all the guards without the big shots noticing until he interrupted the meeting.

0002-014.png
0002-015.png
0002-016.png
0002-017.png
0002-018.png
0003-015.png
0003-019.png
0022-005.png
0039-009.png
0039-010.png
0039-011.png
0039-012.png

His main skill is the ability to predict the enemy's movements by watching at their stance and eyes position. He can predict the path of slashes, bullets and even cannonballs by doing this.

0004-016.png
0004-017.png
0007-009.png
0007-021.png
0012-011.png
0012-012.png
0015-016.png
0015-017.png
0039-013.png
0039-014.png
0042-012.png
0042-013.png
0042-014.png
0042-015.png
0047-010.png
RK 0047-011.png

Kenshin is also moderately haxed. He can resist the influence of the Shin no Ippo used by Kurogasa, and when he enters in his Battosai state, he can even induce fear to Kurogasa. Worth noting that Kurogasa is also a highly skilled assassin able to kill 34 men and injure another 56 in a single fight.

0009-002.png
0009-008.png
0010-011.png
0010-012.png
0012-010.png
0013-004.png
0033-007.png
0033-008.png

Ken's sword is a Sakabato, a reversed katana with the blunt edge and the sharp side on opposite sides. Kenshin uses this to not kill anyone, so the majority of his fights are won against sword users while he doesn't cut them at all. His strength alone added to the blunt edge of the Sakabato is enough to win his battles.

However, his sword is unsuited for his style, the Battojutsu. But Kenshin knows of its weaknesses and even then has a counter measure for those who notice such flaw.

0013-012.png
0013-013.png
0013-014.png
0013-015.png
0013-016.png
0013-017.png

In many cases, Ken is attacked by several people or characters with different abilities. But he's mostly unscathed after most fights, being the big shots the only people able to even touch him.

RK 0017-016.png
0017-017.png
0017-019.png

I was wondering when Kenshin was going to get a nomination

With these feats in mind, what place are we thinking?

Checking at Mihawk's reasons, I think Kenshin should definitely be above him at the very least. His feats are more consistent and vary a lot more than Zoro's.

I do believe that his master is supposed to be above him in every way, but I don't wanna spoil that for you. Still a pretty hecking long post, Calaca.

I at least think he can replace the Monkey King, Being experiencein all martial arts when you are 920 at the start of your story proper isn't as comparable. Plus, this is a skill list.

I know a bit about his master, but not too much. I'll continue the reading during the next days so if anything remarkable happens, I'll let you know.

Let's consider that even if his master is better at Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu style, Kenshin's overall set of abilities are more his own stuff at the moment.

I see.

Once im done giving hayato 2nd spot here, I may probably pick up another verse. To quench my thirst till the new rakudai volume comes out<\s>

Tbh I think Kenshiro is being slept on here, but a lot of his shit has hax, which isn't allowed here. Also Mihawk is there for his swordsmanship skills, not his marital arts skill, so you can't compare him to Ken.

I would say his master is indeed above Kenshin. Not only could Kenshin never defeat him and only managed to do something to him when he had a heavy handicap on him, he even amnages to use the Hiten Mugen Zan, an attack thought lost since the original inventor of the Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu, where the user moves at speeds seemingly surpassing the God Speed that is so widely renown in the Hiten Mitsurugi, not even needing to run or employ Battojutsu to do this, accelerating to such stupid levels that on-lookers think the attack is composed of only the last slash, the most powerful of all, and it wrecks the scenery. No one since the first user of the style, except for Kenshin's master, has ever actually truly mastered the style either.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Hiko Seijuuro XIII
I would wanna message anyone knowledgeable on the verse to at least come comment.
I'll look into it if a verse supporter doesn't message here first

hey what about the Ashen One form ds 3

the guy has fought and beat a war god riding a dragon who has lived through all ages of fire(aka eons) as well as the The culmination of every god and undead warrior who has ever linked the flame which could range anywhere from a few hundered undead champions( the legion of farron) to potentionlly thousands of undead warriors who faced and defeted literal gods while basicly being regular humans and that culmination also includes the protagonists of the previous games who them selves are immansly skilled warriors

not to mention that he regularly beats beings that are far out of his power range through sheer skill like the soul of cinder and gael

What are we thinkin for AO? He is basically a boss run simulator Though Dark Souls 2 destroys my ass all the time, so it would make me feel better to put BotC on here instead

I would say he deserves a spot, not sure where, but he does. Not to mention the fact that the Undead doodles can more or less heft and use without much issue all the weapons they come across in their travels moments after getting them.

And there are a fuuuuuck ton of weapons.

Jack is described as a master of hand to hand combat, matching Negi blow for blow plus there being no indication Negi got any better except in speed and power after the whole Magia Erebea fiasco. The same Negi managed to deflect the full power attack of another master martial artist (Ku Fei, his master) even though she is 8-B at worst and he was, at the moment, as powerful as a normal 10 year old, sending her flying into a wall.

There's also some stuff with Eva... there's some nifty skill stuff gotta admit.

You can also say that to Negi at the start of series, he doesnt have any background at all in Martial Arts, but he was able to master it in 3 hours.

BakiHanma18 said:
What are we thinkin for AO? He is basically a boss run simulator Though Dark Souls 2 destroys my ass all the time, so it would make me feel better to put BotC on here instead
dark souls 2 is easy

Ok so Hayato Furinji outskilled Fugil, but i will make a request for his spot once im done with the debate against Yujiro (and hopefully if Prince is willing to come back to it, the debate against Sasaki).

Isn't there a small version with his best feats? The only i know is the invisible arrow one, and this one isn't that impressive.

Question,

• Edelweiss' Swordplay: After his initial encounter with Edelweiss through the use of his Blade Steal, he was able to utilize her swordsmanship at the last moment before he passed out. Due to the nature of Edelweiss' swordplay, it boosted his speed to where the former Seven Star Sword King, Yuudai Moroboshi couldn't even react though he could hear the attacks and sense Ikki. Ikki can also use Edelweiss' technique for purposes other then swordsmanship, such as restarting his own heart after it had stopped. After copying the style Ikki could use the Seven secret swords even without Ittou Shura, furthermore, the style ignores energy reduction from hitting the atmosphere, making the attacks themselves silent due to not hitting air.
How do these coexist?

Why Mihawk is so high? I don't remember anything impressive he did pre-TS, and Zoro has some good feats which Mihawk scales above, but are they really worth top 10?

XDragnoir said:
Why Mihawk is so high? I don't remember anything impressive he did pre-TS, and Zoro has some good feats which Mihawk scales above, but are they really worth top 10?

Absolutely Zoro performed all his best feats in East Blue while heavily injured, Mihawk stomped him with no effort using only a butter knife. Zoro being the same person who can dodge swords being flung at him behind his blind spot, being able to deflect sword slashes from every angle, breaking dance on skilled swordsmens head just out of spite, surpassed mutiple swordsmans at a young age, and knows several sword styles. Zoro's feats from East Blue are technically he's best shown feats, Mihawk scales above said feats with using a butter-knife.

This is a great scaling chain then, i just don't understand why Karate Kid is top 11, i am sure he is the most skilled fighter in DC, which puts him above Batman, Wonder Woman, etc, even then he isn't in the top 10, but i'm not a DC expert, so i can't really argue about his spot. Btw, aren't Wolverine and Taskmaster more skilled than Iron Fist? Both have level 7 fighting skill in the handbooks, Iron Fists has level 6.

Handbooks are irrelevant, I'm pretty sure that Iron Fist has fought against Tasky and Tasky has some serious issues against foes who utilize mutiple fighting styles.

That is true, and I am an Dangan fan, but I have to ask how much of it is combat applicable, and honestly I might need to rewatch the series in order to figure it out.

Izuru was able to effortlessly (and literally too) B**ch slapped Mukuro Ikusaba, who can fights hundreds of Monokuma controlled by Junko at once, which each one of them can matches Sakura Ogami, who is also known as the World Champions of Martial Arts Tournament.

His luck is also a great advantage to him in combat. He made a perfectly fuctional handgun got jammed without doing anything, it should be noted that the gun was on the hand of another Ultimate Lucky Student, who can cause a landslide by kicking a pebble, collapsing a construction site by throwing a rubber ball, and can shoot someone in the head by aiming randomly.

The Prince of Counters said:
Handbooks are irrelevant, I'm pretty sure that Iron Fist has fought against Tasky and Tasky has some serious issues against foes who utilize mutiple fighting styles.
Why handbooks are irrelevants?

But Marvel has profiles which use the Handbooks as the reason for some stats. Also, Tasky has fought Cap before, who has mastery over all human (and some alien) fighting styles, his profile also says he has copied Iron Fists' style, so i don't think he has a problem with enemies with multiple styles. Btw, do we count analytical prediction as an skill feat?

Back