• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I think banning them for 3 to 6 months was what Fandom staff usually does for deliberately violating the Fandom's TOS policy on slur words based on what Antvasima said a while back when Dragomer did the same thing.

I think that Kepekley was banned for 2 months by Fandom for quoting another member that used the n-word.

Anyway, as far as I understand, certain African-Americans use the n-word ending with "a" as an internal slang term between themselves, whereas many others find it offensive in that context as well, and it does not seem to have been used as an insult here, so maybe a 1 or 2 months block would be sufficient, given the lack of previously caused problems from this member?

User fandom_0ホルスファルコン将軍0 seems to have had a rather heated moment over a Brandon Yates song, of all things

We just had an issue about posts like this recently
Also, this is technically a vulgar death threat, although likely used in an insincere, if meanspirited, manner. A temporary block seems in order here as well.

I would appreciate further staff input regarding both of the above issues.

I think that Kepekley was banned for 2 months by Fandom for quoting another member that used the n-word.

Anyway, as far as I understand, certain African-Americans use the n-word ending with "a" as an internal slang term between themselves, whereas others find it offensive in that context as well, and it does not seem to have been used as an insult here, so maybe a 1 or 2 months block would be sufficient, given the lack of previously caused problems from this member?
Meh I mean we don't know Kardashev's race, and it's a blatant bypass regardless since we literally don't allow the message to be posted.

DDM's suggestion for us echoing FANDOM's policies seem accurate

Okay, so would a 3 months block be appropriate then? Again, the n-word was not used as an insult by this member. They "only" mentioned it.

Okay, so would a 3 months block be appropriate then? Again, the n-word was not used as an insult by this member. They "only" mentioned it.
So, clarification needed. If it is used as a slang word, with no malicious intent, would a person get banned/warned, etc?

One should know that even as slang, it can get us in trouble with FANDOM over its usage as far as I'm aware. So, I'd say they'd get or should get a warning not to do so again in that case.

Damage is correct. As above, the ban would not be as long as otherwise if no malicious intent was involved though.

Anyway, as far as I understand, certain African-Americans use the n-word ending with "a" as an internal slang term between themselves, whereas many others find it offensive in that context as well, and it does not seem to have been used as an insult here, so maybe a 1 or 2 months block would be sufficient, given the lack of previously caused problems from this member?
Just a recap, what happened was that TimmyQuivy was the main observer among Fandom staff at the time. And he actually banned Kepekley permanently. But when he got replaced with a different fandom staff; the other fandom staff member agreed that that was far too extreme and reduced it to 2 months. PaChi was also once permabanned by Timmy just for testing the script, but when shared the details, it was reduced for like a week or two but told us to inform the community to avoid attempting to test the script.

Now back to the main topic, it's not so much for using the word and he may not have been using it for malicious intentions such as racial context, but he still attempted to bypass a filter that 100% was in his face which is a blatant ignorance issue. And for that, a short ban as a precaution before other Fandom staff may give one that could potentially be too harsh is necessary. So 3 months for the slur word filter bypass is good to me as I said.

Okay. I think that Timmy still works for Fandom though, or at least he has until quite recently, if I remember correctly.

No CRT

No CRT

Taken care of it.

User fandom_0ホルスファルコン将軍0 seems to have had a rather heated moment over a Brandon Yates song, of all things

Also, this is technically a vulgar death threat, although likely used in an insincere, if meanspirited, manner. A temporary block seems in order here as well.

Also, about this...

I would like to report @XXKINGXX69 for the following reasons:

So for how long do our staff here think that we should ban him then?

Temporary block seems fine to me. What do you think the length should be @Antvasima
I am not sure. Would 1 month be appropriate?
Sure. Sounds fine.
Okay. What should the ban justification text say?
Also, we still have to deal with this.

Honestly, it is rare someone is so bad I actuall straight up avoid debates with them, but King is there with his stonewalling and insults honestly

Back