• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baken384

He/Him
Post Training Joseph Joestar vs Mirio Togata
  • Speed Equalized
  • Starting Distance: 20 Meters
  • The fight takes place where Mirio and Overhaul fought
latest.png
IMG_0842.png

Joseph Joestar:
Mirio:
Inconclusive:

okay this is an easy win for Joseph, he can predict every move of him and if he get close Mirio has to deactivate his quirk rendering him vulnerable at Hamon wich will dura neg him

vote Joseph

You didn't explain anything... Can you explain how this happens?

Play by play, as I don't think such simple things can be said and counted as a vote. Especially when there are people who do not know the character in question.

However this does seem rather unfair (Stomp), if what you said is 100% true.

Did you not read the profile? Here's the instinctive reaction, the Hamon is using some kinda electricity in his fists. Mirio got no resistance to electricity
That tells me nothing, when Mirio can avoid attacks by being intangible. They pass right through him.

So this is a battle that focus on the skills of the combatants. Just having that doesn't mean anything. How does this guy fight and how good is he?

Learn reading comprehension then

Just read this
I will not (Not on the wiki, so it's irrelevant for this discussion), it seems you aren't going to explain anything to me it seems. But instead you insult someone who know nothing about the character, and is asking about how they fight and use their powers.

I'll wait for someone to make a proper debate.

okay
1- Joseph analytical prediction is so good that he can predict even what his opponents will do and even say, like even the excat words that will come from their mouth
2-for the Hamon Part , thanks to a breathing tecnique Joseph create vibrations in his blood that create this energy called Hamon wich has the propiertis of Sun, in fight this is especially good for enemies who are weak to sunlight, however Hamon can be used to living beings too, Hamon infact can be used to mess up a body, like for example giving the victim an heart attack, etc,
3- while for the range Joseph has to touch Mirio to let the Hamon doing his job, however because of Mirio intangibility it won't be easy, however if Joseph can understand what his power is, wich he will, Joseph can fake that he is in trouble like, making Mirio thinking that he's winning, and then Joseph predicting when Mirio will attack he can just create Hamon in the part wich Mirio will hit and then Let the Hamon messing with his body
also if he need to take some hits before understanding Mirio powers, he can thanks to Hamon wich he can even use to heal Himself granting him Mid-low regen

Interesting... Taking you at face value.

What is Mirio's win condition here? Since this seems like he cannot defeat Joseph no matter how hard he tries.

i don't get it, what does that means? sorry its just that english is not my born language
Meaning I'll accept what your saying as true, unless someone else brings something up to counter it.

Since I know asking for scans of every little things is both annoying and almost impossible at times. Also I wouldn't want to bother you too much either.

Meaning I'll accept what your saying as true, unless someone else brings something up to counter it.

Since I know asking for scans of every little things is both annoying and almost impossible at times. Also I wouldn't want to bother you too much either.
Thanks for the explanation, if you have doubts and you want to know better how Hamon works you can ask for other supporters, however about Joseph anal precdict i'm saying the truth, he's literally known for this

Going with Mirio on this. Both should be comparable in skill, but his intangibility can allow him to put more power in punches, blitz Joseph via Pseudo-Teleportation, and completely ignore any attacks.

That doesn't help much either.

I know Mirio and I don't believe he can do that. Also his profile has his Permeation Mode of travel as slower than his combat speed.

It isn't teleportation either, I have no idea what Pseudo-Teleportation even means. You either teleport, or you don't.

That doesn't help much either.

I know Mirio and I don't believe he can do that. Also his profile has his Permeation Mode of travel as slower than his combat speed.

It isn't teleportation either, I have no idea what Pseudo-Teleportation even means. You either teleport, or you don't.
Pseudo-Teleportation means it functions like teleportation. By turning his whole body’s Permeation off while he’s in the ground, Mirio is forced up instantly, creating an effect similar to teleportation

Pseudo-Teleportation means it functions like teleportation. By turning his whole body’s Permeation off while he’s in the ground, Mirio is forced up instantly, creating an effect similar to teleportation
Where is it stated to be instant?

Especially when people have reacted to him shooting out of the ground. Overhaul was able to protect Chronos when he noticed Mirio was no longer in the cape when he wrapped Eri with it. He was able to raise the ground up before Mirio punched him. If he was instantly teleported up, he wouldn't have momentum when he leaves the ground.

But he does, and he isn't moving at infinite speed either.

Mirio seems to have versatility advantage via his quirk, However Joseph using his analytical prediction would be able to dodge his attacks, What are the AP values ?

Where is it stated to be instant?
Is that not how physics works?

Especially when people have reacted to him shooting out of the ground. Overhaul was able to protect Chronos when he noticed Mirio was no longer in the cape when he wrapped Eri with it. He was able to raise the ground up before Mirio punched him. If he was instantly teleported up, he wouldn't have momentum when he leaves the ground.
That was just an instance where he wasn’t warping. There was multiple instances where Mirio was shown to “teleport”
and he isn't moving at infinite speed either.
Obviously not

Is that not how physics works?
What are you talking about? He doesn't teleport unless the verse makes it clear he does. The panel shows him getting pushed out, with movement. He doesn't pop out of existence and pop back in above ground instantly. He wouldn't have momentum when he leaves the ground if that is what happened.

There is no reality where objects can overlap the same space, intangibility is a fictional power.

Mirio seems to have versatility advantage via his quirk, However Joseph using his analytical prediction would be able to dodge his attacks, What are the AP values ?
Mirio is 8.12 Tons.

Don't know about Joseph, but these are all of the calcs I can find that are High 8-C on the verse page. 1, 2, 3, and 4. His durability has the 2 Ton calc on it (With a higher), but he also has some High 8-C+ stuff for AP.

What are you talking about? He doesn't teleport unless the verse makes it clear he does. The panel shows him getting pushed out, with movement. He doesn't pop out of existence and pop back in above ground instantly. He wouldn't have momentum when he leaves the ground if that is what happened.
There are multiple moments where he does “teleport”, that’s my point

Can Hamon bypass Mirio's quirk?
no, but Joseph thanks to his analytical prediction, will be able to tell where Mirio will strike at him and use Hamon in the spot where Mirio will strike and since Mirio has to deactivate his quirk to become tangible and hit him, it will be hit by the Hamon

I think the problem here is that according to the rules of speed equalization, Joseph's stand would still be much faster than Mirio's.

Mirio would materialize to attack and then take speedblitz.

Currently making a thread to debunk and remove that ability from his profile.

It is incorrect as per his own explanation.

I think the problem here is that according to the rules of speed equalization, Joseph's stand would still be much faster than Mirio's.

Mirio would materialize to attack and then take speedblitz.
Why? His only speed is MFTL, I don't see any other speed values for different things.

Feel free to make the thread but there’s multiple instances implying that Mirio’s ability functions similarly to teleportation

- It’s described as “instant transportation” by him

- In the Class 1-A fight, people at first thought Mirio was teleporting

I am leaning towards Joseph, as he’s likely smarter, more haxxed. Although, i don’t think Joseph would induce organ failure in the guy right from the get go

Back