• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azrael speed uprade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, currently, Azrael, AKA Jean Paul Valley, has unknown speed https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Azrael_(Jean-Paul_Valley).
I see no reason for this. On top of numerously keeping up with many street tiers, there are numerous statements that suggest he's even faster than Batman
Nightwing says he's the fastest of the batfamily
Batman notes Jean is faster than him
Very early in his carrier, Catwoman is equal to him
He also has several of his own feats that could get at least supersonic.
DC street speed is currently under revision, so this CRT exists to in general make Azrael as fast as other street tiers when they get updated.

While I agree, can you at least add sources? Series number/volume number/issue number

Also don't see why it should be added to that thread. The premise is different.

While I agree, can you at least add sources? Series number/volume number/issue number

Also don't see why it should be added to that thread. The premise is different.
Its part of the Street Tier DC revision, Azrael will be affected

For the sources:

First scan - Azrael: Agent of the Bat #93
Second scan - Azrael: Agent of the Bat #99
Third scan - Batman (1940) #504

it is relevant, because you don't wanna give Az stats that are gonna get replaced in a few weeks
then why even post it here/make this thread...?

Plus who knows when that thread will conclude, or if it ever will lol

Last edited:
then why even post it here...?

Plus who knows when that thread will conclude, or if it ever will lol
Because unknown is certainly not the rating Jean deserves, based on the numerous times he's been portrayed as faster than other streets. We just have to agree on him scaling, although maybe we should give him MHS for now in case the thread takes a long time to conclude.

Replied at the same time. Deleted for now.

Anyway, it seems fine for now. Just apply this ratings if you want.

Um, while we're at it, should we upgrade Arzrael's strength to baseline building too?
There's Nightwing stating he's stronger than anyone in the batfamily in the feat shown above.
He defeats Bane in a slugmatch on two separate occasions
  • () - Azrael (1995) #39
  • () - Batman (1940) #500
  • and he does it once more with the help of the environment () - Azrael (1995) #40

He also drew Deathstroke in a sword match (slade also complimented his speed btw) () - Azrael (1995) #45

While he has always been treated far stronger than the batfam, the difference between 9-A and 8-C is rather high. I would personally be fine it with it, but I don't know the scaling of street tiers for marvel/DC (their ap and durability) so not sure personally. I suppose waiting for someone else will be better.

While he has always been treated far stronger than the batfam, the difference between 9-A and 8-C is rather high. I would personally be fine it with it, but I don't know the scaling of street tiers for marvel/DC (their ap and durability) so not sure personally. I suppose waiting for someone else will be better.
Batman is 0.24 tons of TNT just in case, that's 0.01 ton away from baseline 8-C. Bane, who Az defeated thrice, and Deathstroke, who he drew, are both 8-C

Knightfall is genuinely amazing
I don't doubt that 80s, 90s and 2000s Batman is fiiillled with amazing stories, but they tended to focus a lot more on creating a gritty atmosphere and theh human condition of Bats, whereas the 70s and early 80s eras were so much more gothic and stylish. It introduced iconic and weird villains like Manbat, Ra's al-Ghul, and Killer Croc, introduced and elaborated on the supernatural element that are somewhat disincongruous with the ret of the Batman mythology, yet are just as iconic as aything else like the Lazarus Pit and mutants, while still keeping the stories very grounded.

Not to mention the variety of stories were much greater. You had Batman traveling to other states, countries, and cities every few stories, with him having adventures n castles, forests, and so much more.

I don't doubt that 80s, 90s and 2000s Batman is fiiillled with amazing stories, but they tended to focus a lot more on creating a gritty atmosphere and theh human condition of Bats, whereas the 70s and early 80s eras were so much more gothic and stylish. It introduced iconic and weird villains like Manbat, Ra's al-Ghul, and Killer Croc, introduced and elaborated on the supernatural element that are somewhat disincongruous with the ret of the Batman mythology, yet are just as iconic as aything else like the Lazarus Pit and mutants, while still keeping the stories very grounded.

Not to mention the variety of stories were much greater. You had Batman traveling to other states, countries, and cities every few stories, with him having adventures n castles, forests, and so much more.
Yeah, 90s are a bit hyperfocused on "Bats is just human, his mental condition is shit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back