• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario and Paint: Concept Manip PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called staff, and most of them said the thread is too unorganized and messy for input.

Dino Ranger Black seems to disagree on much of the stuff, and he reccomends to give more context and evidence for additions before presenting the thread.

YuriAkuto suggested that you make it like the first part of the CRT, which was more organized than this

Resistances go to Mario. Mayyyybe Bowser and the Koopalings too since they gain their paint back after the battle and in Bowser's case there's a whole cinematic showing his color getting drained.

Bowser Jr. should get the resistances for being able to function paintless in Origami King I feel.

As for Concept Manip in general most enemy profiles would get it along with it's abilities because every enemy in Color Splash can drain paint. Toads also can drain paint.

The only enemy who might not get Concept Manip is BJ since he didn't appear in Color Splash. And of course any other enemy who wasn't present in Color Splash.
Why would you give it only to the ones who appear in color splash,it really should be the entire verse smh

I called staff, and most of them said the thread is too unorganized and messy for input.

Dino Ranger Black seems to disagree on much of the stuff, and he reccomends to give more context and evidence for additions before presenting the thread.

YuriAkuto suggested that you make it like the first part of the CRT, which was more organized than this
I'll see if i can make it look more organized then

i am still in the process of making it, since i am providing proofs for everything that isnt concept manip, while also adding new powers

I know I'm late with all this, but I would like to contribute with this.

basically here are all the scenes, including how the painting works.

I ain't watching a whole ass 3 hour video, do you remember any timestamps+
Most things have already been said before, but to summarize:

6:16: a toad loses the ability to sense everything below,

39:58: without the color, things like clouds lose the ability to move, basically they are frozen.

33:54: a house loses its colors, but the interesting thing here, is that things like fire lose their properties like illuminating the environment.

35: 57: color also allows things like memories, thoughts and emotions to exist.

56: 31: a giant coin without its color is basically impossible to obtain.

1:15:30: as has been said before, color is also in the spirits and souls, as seen when you face the boo, or when you reveal the souls of the toads.

1:27:37: without the color, the water stops working as it should, causing the ships that were once inside to be basically trapped.

2:07:51: the holes also have a color, without this it basically becomes a solid surface, this also applies to the pipes that normally allow you to transport to other places.

2:37:42: color also gives life to things, as it brought back to life a creature that was basically just bones.

2:47:07: as seen in the battle with kamek, color also affects the vitality and strength of people, since as he states he only had the magic to bring mario back to his normal size.

: Basically things like space itself also has a color, as weird as it sounds, since this ability allows mario to become a 3D being in a 2D dimension.

3:13:13 as seen in the battle with roy, the paint also allows things like darkness to exist, as well as things like bill balls to move.

so, many things were shown that in order to exist and function properly they need paint, and as seen in multiple examples, even things that are not normally seen like space still need it.

Funny how I played Paper Mario color splash and even almost 100% finished it but never noticed that paint is conceptual lol

Though I am more iffy on Bowser high godly regeneration part(as it just looks like Bowser getting paint back due to game logic rather than regenerating the paint) but other thing looks okay to me

Though I am more iffy on Bowser high godly regeneration part(as it just looks like Bowser getting paint back due to game logic rather than regenerating the paint) but other thing looks okay to me
You are forced to beat him by removing all colour, so its not a game mechanic

You are forced to beat him by removing all colour, so its not a game mechanic
By removing all black paint yes and the fact Bowser instantly has the color black just seems like game logic with not much logic put in it rather than Bowser necessarily regenerating all of the paint(Though he did show the abillty to regenerate half of his black paint when he became angrier and grew back in size so this can give support to Bowser regenerating all of the paint back) so I guess

By removing all black paint yes and the fact Bowser instantly has the color black just seems like game logic with not much logic put in it rather than Bowser necessarily regenerating all of the paint(Though he did show the abillty to regenerate half of his black paint when he became angrier and grew back in size so this can give support to Bowser regenerating all of the paint back) so I guess
Why is it game logic just because he gets it back instantly and not high godly regen

By removing all black paint yes
nah, the black paint makes him use itself and all of his paint in one final attack in order to kill mario, it did not work and bowser got finished off and should be dead but he regened all of his paint after the fact

mario never restored kamek's painting even at the end of the battle.

which means that bowser never got his paint back thanks to mario, which means that he had to get it back on his own.

well, kamek also lost his color before and mario never made him get his color back.
So Kamek gets the color back? I dont remember Kamek getting the color back
Why is it game logic just because he gets it back instantly and not high godly regen
Because there is no indication that he regenerated it?
nah, the black paint makes him use itself and all of his paint in one final attack in order to kill mario, it did not work and bowser got finished off and should be dead but he regened all of his paint after the fact
Actually now that I checked the video,Bowser just uses his paint in order for form black paint and then tries to kill Mario,after Huey absorbs the black paint,Browser loses all of the black paint and returns back to his normal self.Notice how Huey says he has absorbed all of the black paint from Bowser meaning it wasn't actually all of his paint which Bowser used and when Bowser was defeated Bowser just acts like as if the black paint effects is removed and not his actual paint giving me indication that his normal paint was never used,certainty no implication that he regenerated all of his paint or anything like that.The paint hasn't shown the ability to give regeneration did it? Only black paint did.

Well, the black paint absorbed Bowser's paint and so his paint became part of the black paint. Huey absorbing it but Bowser showing up with it later is more support Bowser just simply gained it back somehow. It's a climatic ending cinematic of the battle (so being a gameplay element is iffy) that Bowser had his paint absorbed into the black paint attack. Once the color goes into the black paint there's nothing in the game indicating it can be brought back IIRC.

it's not a black color thing, mario by himself never restores the color of his enemies, and kamek is the proof of it.

the black paint absorbed bowser's color, and huey ended up wearing all the black paint, which includes bowser's own color.

Actually now that I checked the video,Bowser just uses his paint in order for form black paint and then tries to kill Mario,after Huey absorbs the black paint,Browser loses all of the black paint and returns back to his normal self.Notice how Huey says he has absorbed all of the black paint from Bowser meaning it wasn't actually all of his paint which Bowser used and when Bowser was defeated Bowser just acts like as if the black paint effects is removed and not his actual paint giving me indication that his normal paint was never used,certainty no implication that he regenerated all of his paint or anything like that.The paint hasn't shown the ability to give regeneration did it? Only black paint did.
bruh you are straight up ignoring the part where he had no paint, none at all and you can literally see non black paint going into the orb and you should knowif you have done it before, large amounts of black paint mixed with any other colour make more black paint so ofc when huey says that he absorbed all of the black paint it was right because there was no non-black paint left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back