• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideo has no feats other than matching Sai and punching an incapacitated Hajrudin

Umm... I just noticed.

Fujitora dropped a meteor at greenbit then said it was a warmup...
0713-011.png

Just wanted to put that there

Fujitora can drop meteors comparable to Rob Lucci I hate it here

This is honestly an issue for an alternate CRT, but I genuinely think he should scale to his meteors.

He drops them way too much for them not to scale to him.

Has anyone calced the energy required to pull the meteors down from space?

This is definitely not the time for an arc wide 6-C CRT though (unless Emit, Cin, or someone else wants to bring it up now).

We had this discussion a long while back that he would not scale to the kinetic energy of his meteors. Trying to find the amount energy going into them would require way too many assumptions to be useable.

Let's try and focus on most of the other characters we've got in the sandbox. Most of the ratings look fine to me, for most characters so far.

Oh god, no! No! NONONO!

Please!

We've discussed this and redone this calc for the size so many times.

Just use the current size for it like we already do.

I really insist that the Dressrosa size is wrong, and that is why everything you discuss about Dressrosa is not going to change.

18 km way is too lowball.

See that broken part of the bridge on this panel? (In the middle panel)
0713-006.png

Well from that place approximately, Law and company took 30 minutes to get to the green bit while running.

Even if you use the lowest possible value, which is 17km / h of human running speed, the bridge from that point would already be 8.5 km long, so in the end with pixel scaling, the bridge would be more than the double of that, and Dressrosa itself would be way more than that, those 18km does not make sense at all.

Here is the full chapter.

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-710.html

No disrespect, but this isn't/might not be the thread for Dressrosa size calcs.

This is for powerscaling and seeing where the characters scale up to each other.

But I'm not gonna lie, what you impose makes genuine sense and I agree. Do you know how to make a Sandbox on the VSBW? If you do, copy this and paste it there.

No disrespect, but this isn't/might not be the thread for Dressrosa size calcs.

This is for powerscaling and seeing where the characters scale up to each other.

But I'm not gonna lie, what you impose makes genuine sense and I agree. Do you know how to make a Sandbox on the VSBW? If you do, copy this and paste it there.

Sorry about that.

No, i dont know, im new.

Removed this from Luffy. Make his base form in that arc just "At least Small City level+".

We need to rewrite Ideo's justifications.
Doesn't Base Luffy injure and draw blood from Katakuri on two separate occasions, why are we assuming he went from Low 7-B+ to 7-A when he didn't do any training whatsoever between Dressrosa and whole cake.

Base Luffy has three solid 7-A feats I don't understand why we attempt to downscale him.

Why does this keep having to be debated, this was brought up two pages ago?

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-883-page-14.html

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-894-page-8.html

Doesn't Base Luffy injure and draw blood from Katakuri, why are we assuming he went from Low 7-B+ to 7-A when he didn't do any training whatsoever.

At that point Katakuri was fairly injured when Luffy was hitting him in base.

Katakuri can also tank hits from Gear 4 Luffy, and we're not going to rate base Luffy as being comparable to Gear 4 Luffy.

Base Luffy could also hurt an injured Doflamingo, yet we know that Doflamingo can survive a few Gear 4 attacks.

At that point Katakuri was fairly injured when Luffy was hitting him in base.

Katakuri can also tank hits from Gear 4 Luffy, and we're not going to rate base Luffy as being comparable to Gear 4 Luffy.

Base Luffy could also hurt an injured Doflamingo, yet we know that Doflamingo can survive a few Gear 4 attacks.
https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-883-page-14.html
He wasn't injured here at all, look.

He wasn't injured here at all, look.
Okay, well in that example that was Katakuri's undefended chin against Luffy with Haki on his kick. And who knows, maybe Luffy's kick managed to knock Katakuri's oversized sharp teeth together and draw some blood that way.

Okay, well in that example that was Katakuri's undefended chin against Luffy with Haki on his kick. And who knows, maybe Luffy's kick managed to knock Katakuri's oversized sharp teeth together and draw some blood that way.
That argument falls flat for the reason that Katakuri has taken gear 4th attacks without Haki, and the teeth thing makes no sense when an injured Luffy was able of harming Karakuri with a punch to the cheek.

And a who knows argument falls flat because of context we have two other examples of Luffy accomplishing similar feats so that clearly isn't the case.

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-884-page-5.html

Luffy has consistently harmed the likes of Doffy & Kat in base when using Haki, I don't think that's being disputed.

Apparently it is because Damage wants to make base luffy Low 7-B+, which was one of the main issues this thread was made in the first place.
I'm assuming that's without haki which would probably be accurate I guess, we apparently treat haki as different values than the base ones so Luffy would realistically scale there without haki if I'm not mistaken.

Apparently it is because Damage wants to make base luffy Low 7-B+, which was one of the main issues this thread was made in the first place.
So what do you want to do? Scale base Luffy to be equal in strength to Gear 4 Luffy? Because those two characters you mentioned, Doffy and Katakuri, get their durability from Gear 4 Luffy.

You can't just force Luffy to be 7-A without considering the implications of your own scaling. Unless you want to downgrade Doflamingo and Katakuri to base Luffy levels?

So what do you want to do? Scale base Luffy to be equal in strength to Gear 4 Luffy? Because those two characters you mentioned, Doffy and Katakuri, get their durability from Gear 4 Luffy.
No just Downscale him, simple

If Doflamingo/Katakuri are at least 7-A possibly High 7-A
Base Luffy is 7-A(weaker than Katakuri/Doffy but still capable of injuring them in base)

The point of this thread was supposed to be handling the post TS characters who scale to base luffy.

I don't have a problem with base Luffy being At least 7-B+ and still be capable of doing extremely minor damage to them.

I don't have a problem with base Luffy being At least 7-B+ and still be capable of doing extremely minor damage to them.
It's not extremely minor he consistenly damages them and Katakuri even acknowledges base luffy of not being that much weaker than him. Both of the characters you mention are at Least 7-A possibly High 7-A, just downscale Luffy to 7-A

I don't see the issue here.
The idea of him doing extremely minor damage just isn't true.

That depends on the exact values each of them scale to. It's possible they might not even be High 7-A, depending on this revision.

G4 is way stronger than both doflamingo and Katakuri.

Thats why both avoided a direct combat with luffy in that form.

G4 is way stronger than both doflamingo and Katakuri.

Thats why both avoided a direct combat with luffy in that form.
G4 is stronger than them no question, but both characters still took multiple hits from gear 4th and Katakuri was capable of injuring gear 4th boundman and snakeman.

G4 is stronger than them no question, but both characters still took multiple hits from gear 4th and Katakuri was capable of injuring gear 4th boundman and snakeman.

Yeah, The difference is the amount of damage they take.

Luffy base could also hurt both of them, so Luffy still scales to them.

It's like this:
Luffy base - minimum damage
Luffy G4 - maximum damage (with a chance of K.O)

Remember that the power or AP of Luffy's Haki is the same in both Base and G4 form, that explains how in Base form he can hurt them.

If we go by this then it makes everything a lot more simple
The Haki is the same but the power is not, by increasing the tension using gear 4th the power is increased by an order of magnitude, as well as the larger body.

Generally I see it like this

Base Luffy <= Katakuri/Doffy <= G4 Luffy

Post Timeskip Gear 2nd isn't treated like an AP powerup and is pretty much uniformly treated as just a speed increase, he uses it on fodder characters just because he wants the speed increase.

G3 is an AP power-up but it's hard to judge because in the higher tier fights it's generally treated as a minor power-up.

Yall tryna scale Base Post Whole Cake Island to Katakuri or backscale from that?

I'd agree if it wasn't the most unrealistic request ever.

Luffy has no basis and people don't wanna scale off of Hody.

Ideo has no justification except for scaling to Base no Haki Sai, who has no feats except kicking Lao G's attack out of mid air, which isn't valid because you don't need to scale fully to kick someone's punch to the ground.

Chinjao can't scale to Cavendish's sword who scales to Doflamingo's strings that pierced Law's body because reasons✨

If the second and third one don't work, circular scaling. Third would give mountain level Corrida people and Doflamingo executives.

Luffy got sent into the water during Water 7, and woke up 6 times stronger.

I said it was unrealistic because Base Luffy isn't getting High 7-A or 7-A+ any time soon

Luffy got sent into the water during Water 7, and woke up 6 times stronger.

I said it was unrealistic because Base Luffy isn't getting High 7-A or 7-A+ any time soon
That's the main fight where we get feats for base Luffy, and during water-7 he even stated that in base form he was weakened because he was "hungry". Not to mention there's no acknowledge during WCI that Luffy got stronger whatsoever.

Up till dressrosa luffy was casual in pretty much all of his battles and this is commented with the Punk Hazard arc when zoro said "get serious" , during Dressrosa he's still casual during most of it as he's sparing with Ideo even though directly after he sidelines Sai who was comparable to him.

Last edited:
Up till dressrosa luffy was casual in pretty much all of his battles and this is commented with the Punk Hazard arc when zoro said "get serious" , during Dressrosa he's still casual during most of it as he's sparing with Ideo even though directly after he sidelines Sai who was comparable to him.
Didn't Zoro just say this because he found out he lost to Caesar? This was just Zoro's assumption & we later get clarification from Luffy himself saying"I only know how to fight seriously" against Cracker.

Didn't Zoro just say this because he found out he lost to Caesar? This was just Zoro's assumption & we later get clarification from Luffy himself saying"I only know how to fight seriously" against Cracker.
Actually checking through the Cracker fight in the official translation Luffy doesn't say that.

Last edited:
Actually, Base luffy has some feats there I just haven't read it in a bit.

-He's capable of clashing with Doflamingo.
https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-782-page-3.html

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-783-page-13.html

-He's capable of injuring Doflamingo
https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-782-page-6.html

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-782-page-7.html

No, that's proven because he steamrolls Caesar the next time he fights him. That was just a response to when someone thinks Luffy's joking around but he's actually dead serious.
Doesn't seem to be an indication off Luffy holding back his power level but rather letting his guard down and getting hit with the sleeping gas/oxygen drain.

That was just a response to when someone thinks Luffy's joking around but he's actually dead serious.
Actually it was Nami saying "Don't turn this into a serious fight" and Luffy responded saying "I don't know any other way to fight other than serious", based on what he's saying does indicate that he doesn't hold back/fight casually.

That's the main fight where we get feats for base Luffy, and during water-7 he even stated that in base form he was weakened because he was "hungry". Not to mention there's no acknowledge during WCI that Luffy got stronger whatsoever.
A more tired Gear 3rd Luffy matched Katakuri's elephant gun temporarily before being overpowered, he definitely got stronger.
No, that's proven because he steamrolls Caesar the next time he fights him. Luffy states that when he's fighting a high level opponent.
He steamrolls Caesar because he used gear third.
Not using your strongest moves ≠ not fighting serious
Not to mention that base luffy does have some feats during the Doflamingo fight

-He's capable of clashing with him.
https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-782-page-3.html

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-783-page-13.html

-He's capable of injuring him
https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-782-page-6.html

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-782-page-7.html
The clashing is valid. I've brought it up a bunch of times, which people just gloss over and say "no".

He's capable of injuring a super injured Doflamingo. Gear 2nd hits him when he's healed and Doflamingo says his hits don't even have weight in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back