• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Base Jiraiya and Kid Boruto already did this

Ignoring the fact that this doesn't necessarily mean Naruto or Sasuke can do the same...
No one in Naruto can straight up see several seconds into the future and as for the mind reading...when did that happen? (haven't read nor seen Boruto but in Jiraya's case I'm quite sure)
Dude the point was people with severely less battle iq than naruto and sasuke were able to easily combat it.

And you're flat our wrong on this. Urashiki blue rinnengan can see several seconds into the future.

Sasuke can TP them into attacks where there is room to dodge.

The Momoshiki fight also showed us he can swap jutsu with things people are already touching.

he can swap Luffy's straw hat or one of Zoro's swords with a TSO that they would already be holding.
They both have resistance to spatial hax via Buso do Sasuke is not teleporting them.
reading lips and seeing through walls or seeing invisible things.
That's something Kenbunshoku can do as well.
Sage Mode also tells you how strong people are. The Sharingan Genjutsu can also read minds, Rinngan users can read minds either by touching people or stabbing them with a black receiver.
Most of these require action, or physical contact while Kenbunshoku does not. If anything i'd say Kenbunshoku is the more varied sensory ability given that they dont need to touch, cast mind hax, or use black Receivers to read minds.
along with the fact that some people in Nard can glance at someone and know everything about them with their intelligence alone including their thoughts, fears, and lifestyle.
Some people =/= everyone in Naruto. Anyway that's something that Kenbunshoku Haki can do as well via reading the voice / mind of the opponent.

They both have resistance to spatial hax via Buso do Sasuke is not teleporting them.
Disregarding the fact that i don't agree with Buso having that resistance

• Sasuke resists power null
  • Zoro doesn't have Kaido and BM lvls of reserve Haki exuding from him.
  • And at worse still doesn't stop Sasuke from using it on their clothes, weapons or Luffy's SH.
If anything i'd say Kenbunshoku is the more varied sensory ability given that they dont need to touch, cast mind hax, or use black Receivers to read minds.
lack of restrictions doesn't make something more varied just easier to use.
Some people =/= everyone in Naruto. Anyway that's something that Kenbunshoku Haki can do as well via reading the voice / mind of the opponent.
I'm not talking about some people tho. I'm talking about Sasuke and Naruto two of the pinnacles of the verse.
Urashiki does not have Precognition on his profile so I'm gonna call BS on that.
he does actually. also his profile is shit

haki nulls the effects of DFs.

they don't resist spatial manip as it's happening. Law can't even make the attempt because of the large amount of Haki.
Law is trying to move then. His ability is on them, it's just not doing anything because their Haki is too powerful. Haki acts as a piece of armor.

Law is trying to move then. His ability is on them, it's just not doing anything because their Haki is too powerful. Haki acts as a piece of armor.
resistance is passive indifference or reduction of an ability's effects.

power null is the negation of the ability altogether.

their strong haki negates the ability outright.

resistance would be if their Haki made it harder to move them not incapable.

Disregarding the fact that i don't agree with Buso having that resistance

• Sasuke resists power null
Resistance to power null =/= Resistance negation. Sasuke can't bypass a Resistance via having a Resistance to power nullification.
  • Zoro doesn't have Kaido and BM lvls of reserve Haki exuding from him.
Zoro's Buso Haki is comparable. They have better Hao but Zoro's Buso should be relative.

furthmore, Vergo tier characters have Resistance to Spatial manipulation better than anything Sasuke has shown.
  • And at worse still doesn't stop Sasuke from using it on their clothes, weapons or Luffy's SH.
It does countere Sasuke doing that to their weapons if they coat them in Buso which Zoro does.

resistance is passive indifference or reduction of an ability's effects.

power null is the negation of the ability altogether.
Big Mom and Kaidou were not stopping the ability from working. They were just protecting themselves from its effects.

A perfect example of this is when Hawkins blocked Law's spatial cut. The sword didn't stop the ability from working, the Haki just protected the blade from being effecting, passively being indifferent to it.

Big Mom and Kaidou were not stopping the ability from working. They were just protecting themselves from its effects.
they flex their Haki, Law can't move them.

That's power null.
A perfect example of this is when Hawkins blocked Law's spatial cut. The sword didn't stop the ability from working, the Haki just protected the blade from being effecting, passively being indifferent to it.
using an ability(Haki) to neg something's effects isn't a passive reduction of its effects

what you just described is an example of power null.

Thats not power null. Power null would be them shutting down the ability entirely, this is just them resisting the effects.

It's not like Law is losing the ability to move them, he simply can't because their Haki is too strong. Haki is not accepted as being power nullification, instead we treat it as resisting the effects of DF's so your argument is inherently flawed.

using an ability to neg somethings effects isn't passive reduction of its effects

what you just described is an example of power null.
Putting on an invisible armor that passively reduces the effects of Law's ability is resistance, not power null.

Thats power null.
False, it's resistance.

Resistance is the power to withstand the effects of certain abilities through varying means

Thats not power null. Power null would be them shutting down the ability entirely, this is just them resisting the effects.
that's not true, power null has nothing to do with turning off the ability.

it can be negating their effects or nullifying it entirely.
It's not like Law is losing the ability to move them,
that's not a requirement for power null.
he simply can't because their Haki is too strong
that's power null.
. Haki is not accepted as being power nullification, instead we treat it as resisting the effects of DF's so your argument is inherently flawed.
what's on the pages isn't the end all be all.

If anything we can just treat this as my opinion for now unless I make a CRT on it eventually or if someone else does.

Putting on an invisible armor that passively reduces the effects of Law's ability is resistance, not power null.
its not reducing the effects though. its completely negating them.
False, it's resistance.
Resistance is the power to withstand the effects of certain abilities through varying means"

Power Nullification, or Negation, is the ability to simply nullify the powers and abilities of others, negating their effects.

Which do you think more accurately describes BM and Kaido using Buso to fully negate Law's ability to move them?

Or even Buso's ability to negate DF's in general.

not to mention y'all already do classify Buso as having power null on DFs already.

• Devil Fruit Negation (Intense enough Haki can counteract and negate Devil Fruit abilities, seen when Trafalgar Law negated the effects of the Feminization Disease from the Sick-Sick Fruit[60])

Base Jiraiya and Kid Boruto already did this

Ignoring the fact that this doesn't necessarily mean Naruto or Sasuke can do the same...
Sasuke is more skilled than this version of Boruto
No one in Naruto can straight up see several seconds into the future
your right, instead, of seeing the future solely via precog, they physically travel into the future to see what the opponent is gonna do and then travel back in time to perfectly counter them

rk7dj8r.jpg
kHSKgg2.jpg

H9E59SW.jpg
BE2wyuy.jpg

5R44UZ5.jpg

Dude the point was people with severely less battle iq than naruto and sasuke were able to easily combat it.

And you're flat our wrong on this. Urashiki blue rinnengan can see several seconds into the future.
I'd like to see this "easily combat it" you claim, usually these things are "brute forced" through via better stats (usually speed), not outsmarted (I hope you didn't mean Jiraya's fight vs pain btw, read my rinnengan reply) not to mention that even assuming that was true it's only true for one of those at a time, not both.
Also I don't see the "severely higher battle IQ", if someone has a feat massively above what Naruto and Sasuke have shown they don't get to be better than that just because protagonist power
And you're flat out wrong on this...I said in NARUTO, not Boruto, you know...the only part of the story that is relevant here since this is the Naruto and Sasuke we're using.
not to mention y'all already do classify Buso as having power null on DFs already.

• Devil Fruit Negation (Intense enough Haki can counteract and negate Devil Fruit abilities, seen when Trafalgar Law negated the effects of the Feminization Disease from the Sick-Sick Fruit[60])

And these are 2 different things buso can do, if used in massive amounts after an ability (that it normally resists) took effect it can nullify it (if possible...obviously it's not going to undo...say...death by being vaporized by heat) but it can also resist effects b4 they happen and yes...resist, the effect still happens to anything that isn't covered in buso...if I put on heat-resist armor and then take a lava shower I'm not getting burned...but everything else is, I'm not powernulling the lava, it's just not affecting me specifically. Now replace heat-resist armor with buso...
Powernulling and resisting can be seen to have "overlap" (expecially on abilities that either work or don't like law's spatial manip.) but the main distinction is that usually resistance can be overpowered by virtue of "hit them harder" while powernull usually requires special abilities.

Since it hasn't ended yet:
they have mind reading to an extend via analytical prediction and true mind reading via GJ. sasuke and other rinnegan users can read minds by touching you via the human path.
C'mon man, touch based mind reading is trash compared to AOE Mind Reading that also has several other abilities, what you're saying doesn't even make sense.

Also, when did they fight a GJ user that was actively reading their minds? As I said, y'all were clearly downplaying Kenbu.

Since it hasn't ended yet:

C'mon man, touch based mind reading is trash compared to AOE Mind Reading that also has several other abilities, what you're saying doesn't even make sense.

Also, when did they fight a GJ user that was actively reading their minds? As I said, y'all were clearly downplaying Kenbu.
No no, it's ended. Please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back