• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Top Tiers and God Tiers Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
The purpose of this thread is to continue the revisions set in motion by the removal of the High 6-A calcs from the Strong World film as last covered in this thread.

Without the High 6-A calcs, we need something new to scale the God Tiers to, and by extension everyone who scales fully or partially to the God Tiers. This scope of this is so large that it may as well be labelled "High Tiers" or "Top Tiers" revision but I digress.

Down below I have listed the most relevant calcs for this revision, the characters affected by this revision, and the arguments for why Kaido's High 6-B calcs are not being proposed as part of this revision.

Calcs for the God Tiers

List of affected Characters

What about Kaidou's High 6-B calcs?

Requirement 1

• Specify what exactly is being stabilized so that it is made clear what the character's sustainability is doing precisely.

We see pretty clearly that what Kaido is stabilizing are his flame clouds. In turn those clouds can lift and move Onigashima.

Requirement 2

• Prove that the stabilized structure is being directly sustained by the power of the character and not from the character's abilities, life force, existence, magical properties, or any unknown connection that is independent of their statistics.

Yamato claims that Kaido’s power weakening is causing the flame clouds to dissipate and therefore Onigashima will stop floating thanks to said clouds. However, Yamato isn’t referring to power as in Kaido’s AP, rather she’s referring to the ability. Power by definition can refer to someone’s literal strength (AP) or someone’s abilities (think superhero powers, like how Spider-Man’s spidey sense is a power, but has nothing to do with AP). The reason we know this to be the case is, shortly after Yamato makes that statement, Luffy claims that Kaido’s Haki has gotten stronger after getting blasted by one of Kaido’s attacks. Haki is an ability that directly influences a character’s AP, as Kaido uses his Haki to amp his techniques. Kaido even claims mid-fight that his drinking doesn’t make him weaker, implying it’s more of an amp. We also see throughout the fight that Kaido’ s AP isn’t decreasing as he continues to use stronger and stronger attacks, and manages to keep up with Luffy all while Luffy is getting stronger and stronger. Even as the clouds dissipate at the end of the fight, Kaido is still clashing against Luffy with his strongest attack. So, we can very clearly conclude that it is not Kaido’s AP that is sustaining the flame clouds.

What is most likely sustaining these clouds is Kaido’s life force/stamina. When Yamato makes the claim that his power is weakening, we see that Kaido is injured, covered in blood and bruises. As the fight continues and Kaido gets more injured and closer to death, we see the flame clouds become less and less stable. Yamato and Momo even imply that if Kaido dies, the clouds will disappear. All the way up until his defeat by Luffy where he is incapacitated or maybe even killed, when his flame clouds finally give way and Momo has to use his own flame clouds to stop Onigashima’s fall. This rather concretely displays that Kaido is sustaining the clouds with his own life force/stamina rather than his raw AP power, because we see Kaido’s AP stays the same or even gets stronger throughout the fight, but his HP (for a lack of better terms) is constantly decreasing as he sustains injury after injury. Thus, Kaido sustains the clouds with his life force/stamina.

Requirement 3

• Prove that the character's stabilization is comparable to the scale of the structure they are stabilizing. Preferably, it should be proven that the character's sustainability is comparable to the destruction of the structure to best show that their power rivals the destructive output of what would destroy the structure in the first place. Please keep in mind that this may vary depending on how the structure's destruction would occur. For example, if a character sustains the existence of a universe that would not be instantly or immediately destroyed when no longer supported, the power of their sustainability would not be comparable to destructive output that completely and immediately destroys a universe, and would not be sufficient enough to be given a 3-A or Low 2-C rating. However, their sustainability could be given either rating if the universe they sustain would be completely destroyed instantly or immediately without support.

Kaido’s sustainability of the flame clouds lifting Onigashima is proportional to said stability failing. As the island would fall immediately if Kaido’s flame clouds disappeared.

Requirement 4

• Prove that the power of the character's stabilization consistently scales to their regular statistics, similar to our standards for creation feats.

Kaido’s regular statistics and AP don’t necessarily consistently scale to the energy provided by the flame cloud calcs (High 6-B). Kaido has scaling to Whitebeard’s calcs which are 6-B and his strongest attack is able to briefly contest Luffy’s strongest attack which is High 6-A. However, he doesn’t have any other avenues to High 6-B. I won’t claim that High 6-B is inconsistent for Kaido, since 6-B isn’t exactly far from High 6-B, they’re adjacent tiers. So, I believe that Kaido can debatably satisfy this requirement, but he arguably cannot as well.

Common Limitations

• The character's life force only sustains the structure.
  • The character's regular statistics aren't consistently portrayed at the level of what they sustain.
I bring up these common limitations to demonstrate why Kaido shouldn’t scale to the stabilization of his cloud feats. Kaido doesn’t meet requirement 2 and he debatably doesn’t meet requirement 4 as well. Both of those requirements, illustrated by the above two common limits, violate our stabilization standards. Thus, disallowing Kaido to scale with his usual AP to those flame clouds.

There was an argument in the past that could Momonosuke could scale to the calc ofOnigashima's motion by halting its kinetic energy. However, I believe there is more nuance to that feat that dissuades me from thinking that it’s anything other than a lifting strength feat for Momonosuke.

We see that when Momonosuke tries to stop Onigashima without the flame clouds nothing happens, and Yamato even comments on how that’s not going to work. Yamato even alludes to the only thing capable of moving Onigashima is the flame clouds after seeing Momo fail to do so physically. Then after Momo struggles to do anything for a couple of chapters, he commandeers Kaido’s clouds and starts to avert Onigashima’s descent. Two things of note here: Momonosuke concedes that he cannot lift and move Onigashima like Kaido can, and that he can only divert its path enough to attempt to save people; Momonosuke also implies he’s able to perform this feat due to grasping the knack of Kaido’s flame clouds. Furthermore, we see that even when Momo grasps the clouds it doesn’t automatically halt Onigashima, he grabs them and starts pulling, but Onigashima is seen still moving towards the capital. So, we know Momo cannot physically move/halt Onigashima as he tries and fails to do so, Momo needs to hijack Kaido’s clouds to even divert Onigashima from the capital, and even after doing so Onigashima’s motion isn’t immediately halted. Therefore, it is increasingly obvious that Momonosuke does not scale in AP/durability to the motion of Onigashima.

One last thing to touch on, this feat Momo performs is entirely a lifting movement anyway. He’s grabbing something and pulling/pushing it. It’s the same lift as someone dragging a fire truck for a strongman competition, just on a grander scale. This feat shouldn’t even be in the running for anything other than lifting strength, but I figured I’d address it regardless, as it seems to be the primary argument for scaling the clouds to physicals.

Conclusion

Whitebeard will have his justifications updated to have his ratings derived from his 6-B calculations.

Virtually all of the characters listed above who currently scale to High 6-A will instead scale to 6-B through Whitebeard, except possibly the Scabbards and characters who scale to them.

Luffy's Bajrang Gun will still be High 6-A via its own calc.

Votes

Agree: Damage3245, DarkDragonMedeus

Last edited:
I already talked with Arc about this topic somewhat, and I currently agree with the cloud feats not scaling to physicals. Especially after seeing the entire set of arguments rather than just bits and pieces. I will wait until those who disagree with this thread provide a counter argument before giving a concrete stance however.

This seems fine at glance, I never really liked the use of Flame Clouds for physical power to begin with, and I don't see a way to translate them to normal AP.

6-B god tiers again? Lame

Jokes aside I won't jump the gun like I do other threads so I'll just wait for both sides to state their case (like as if my thoughts matter lol ).

Damage3245, Destroyer of Verses
Still a Bleach fan victim
One Piece's scaling chain would deadass be like:

Goober 1 is slightly below Goober 2 who is relative with Goober 3 who scales above Goober 4 whose slightly weaker than Goober 5.
Goober 1 Bruises Goober 2 who Wifi Haki'd Goober 3 who was confident in fighting Goober 4 who was unfazed by Goober 5*

Damage has been cooking lately wtf

Anyway I DEFINITELY agree with the Flame Cloud scaling.

As for everything else I'll check it out later.

Holding off to see counterarguments, but the arguments for why Kaido doesn't scale to his flame clouds make sense.

Does this mean that Kaido’s profile would have something like "up to H6B with Flame Clouds (Kaido can use his flame clouds to lift and move massive islands like Onigashima, with Kaido planning to later drop the Island on the Flower Capital.)"

Or is this just going to be treated as strictly an LS thing?

Damage be cooking.

Seems fine to me for right now.

We could just backscale the people who don't scale to 12.64 teratons to Baseline 6-B (7 teratons), especially since the 12.64 teraton feat came just from Primebeard getting angry IIRC

I’m neutral on flame clouds even being in AP but if you wanted to say High 6-B with flame clouds I probably wouldn’t fight that

The scaling chain is so interconnected and convoluted that I gave up on that.
One Piece's scaling chain would deadass be like:

Goober 1 is slightly below Goober 2 who is relative with Goober 3 who scales above Goober 4 whose slightly weaker than Goober 5.
Goober 1 Bruises Goober 2 who Wifi Haki'd Goober 3 who was confident in fighting Goober 4 who was unfazed by Goober 5*
Well that's not concerning

Yamato claims that Kaido’s power weakening is causing the flame clouds to dissipate and therefore Onigashima will stop floating thanks to said clouds. However, Yamato isn’t referring to power as in Kaido’s AP, rather she’s referring to the ability. Power by definition can refer to someone’s literal strength (AP) or someone’s abilities (think superhero powers, like how Spider-Man’s spidey sense is a power, but has nothing to do with AP). The reason we know this to be the case is, shortly after Yamato makes that statement, Luffy claims that Kaido’s Haki has gotten stronger after getting blasted by one of Kaido’s attacks. Haki is an ability that directly influences a character’s AP, as Kaido uses his Haki to amp his techniques. Kaido even claims mid-fight that his drinking doesn’t make him weaker, implying it’s more of an amp. We also see throughout the fight that Kaido’ s AP isn’t decreasing as he continues to use stronger and stronger attacks, and manages to keep up with Luffy all while Luffy is getting stronger and stronger. Even as the clouds dissipate at the end of the fight, Kaido is still clashing against Luffy with his strongest attack. So, we can very clearly conclude that it is not Kaido’s AP that is sustaining the flame clouds.
No but his stamina and endurance are. Said stamina was overcome by Luffy.
Kaido’s sustainability of the flame clouds lifting Onigashima is proportional to said stability failing. As the island would fall immediately if Kaido’s flame clouds disappeared.
Which happened.
  • The character's regular statistics aren't consistently portrayed at the level of what they sustain.
They literally are. Oda shows us Kaidou moving Onigashima to show Kaidou was strong.
We see that when Momonosuke tries to stop Onigashima without the flame clouds nothing happens, and Yamato even comments on how that’s not going to work. Yamato even alludes to the only thing capable of moving Onigashima is the flame clouds after seeing Momo fail to do so physically. Then after Momo struggles to do anything for a couple of chapters, he commandeers Kaido’s clouds and starts to avert Onigashima’s descent. Two things of note here: Momonosuke concedes that he cannot lift and move Onigashima like Kaido can, and that he can only divert its path enough to attempt to save people; Momonosuke also implies he’s able to perform this feat due to grasping the knack of Kaido’s flame clouds. Furthermore, we see that even when Momo grasps the clouds it doesn’t automatically halt Onigashima, he grabs them and starts pulling, but Onigashima is seen still moving towards the capital. So, we know Momo cannot physically move/halt Onigashima as he tries and fails to do so, Momo needs to hijack Kaido’s clouds to even divert Onigashima from the capital, and even after doing so Onigashima’s motion isn’t immediately halted. Therefore, it is increasingly obvious that Momonosuke does not scale in AP/durability to the motion of Onigashima.
Momonosuke can't move it because Kaidou's flame clouds are superior. Kaidou is stronger than Momo and Yamato directly references strength not skill. Work formula exists so pulling it can still scale to A.P

Last edited:
Just because you can get energy from something doesn’t mean it can scale to AP. For example, you can find the change in gravitational potential energy of someone doing a bench press, that doesn’t mean their striking strength scales to that energy. Furthermore, Kaido having consistent LIFTING STRENGTH feats doesn’t mean anything for his AP. So none of what you say is a defeater to the argument moron.

In my opinion:

Luffy's Bajrang Gun will still be High 6-A via its own calc.
If that stays, then Kaido scaling to his flames makes sense.

Not only does his own existence sustain them, and he can produce them on that scale.
But if Bajrang Gun is that powerful and Kaido stalled it for a bit with Kaen Daiko, which INCORPORATES HIS FLAMES to enhance his overall offense to try and stop BG. That means Kaido can offensively scale above the onigashima flames since another attack that uses them was way higher.

Which happened.
Yeah... That's why I said it...

They literall yare. Oda shows us Kaidou moving Ongigashima to show Kaidou was strong.
That's not what that requirement means.

Not only does his own existence sustain them, and he can produce them on that scale.
But if Bajrang Gun is that powerful and Kaido stalled it for a bit with Kaen Daiko, which INCORPORATES HIS FLAMES to enhance his overall offense to try and stop BG. That means Kaido can offensively scale above the onigashima flames since another attack that uses them was way higher.

They're not the same flames.

In my opinion:

If that stays, then Kaido scaling to his flames makes sense.

Kaido scales relative to Bajrang Gun with his Dragon Susano’o thingy, and bro can be High 6-B with flame clouds, that means literally squat for his physicals. Basically, all you’re saying is that specific attacks of his scale to certain values, which just so happen to be above his physicals, which is cool. In the OP it’s explained why sustaining anything with your existence is not sufficient evidence for AP scaling.

Considering he can breathe them at people I'd say it should.
Hell for Kaen Daiko we literally see him produce the flames out of his mouth pretty much like Bolo Breath to create the bigger Dragon avatar.
Bolo Breath is a different technique, one is a mini nuke he shoots from his mouth, the other are firery clouds. There’s actually just zero reason to say that means Kaido’s flame clouds = his physicals. It’s entirely unsubstantiated and doesn’t even address the points made in the OP.

Bolo Breath is a different technique, one is a mini nuke he shoots from his mouth, the other are firery clouds.
By that logic Bolo Breath scales to Kaen Daiko since his flame breath is what creates it in the first place, just on a physically larger scale.

But you're not wrong, it's unrelated to OP. I'll hold off until further arguments are made since to me the legitemacy of a character's own endurance not scaling to something they themself produced is a little shaky.

By that logic Bolo Breath scales to Kaen Daiko since his flame breath is what creates it in the first place, just on a physically larger scale.
Not at all.

But you're not wrong, it's unrelated to OP. I'll hold off until further arguments are made since to me the legitemacy of a character's own endurance not scaling to something they themself produced is a little shaky.
Nowhere does the OP say that anything other than Kaido’s Durability and Striking Strength shouldn’t scale. Is it an endurance/stamina feat yeah, is it a lifting strength feat yeah, is Kaido throwing flame cloud level punches no.

Last edited:
Devil Fruit powers are tied to the user's own strength. This is shown several times, such as when Ace manages to burn Whitebeard after previously being unable to do so thanks to training. Another example is when in the first SBS oda stated that Luffy was training to increase the length he could stretch. Therefore Kaidou scales to his devil fruit's powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back