• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was it, guess you're right. Doflamingo should scale to base Luffy's Haki durability then. I think regular Luffy without haki shouldn't fully scale though, similar to how we currently treat Luffy in wholecake.
Overall , I just don't think we should differentiate period it's not a huge difference either way, we can at most say higher with Haki, but it's still not notable.
Guess the energy steroids scaling works, but if we're going to no longer scale Vergo to Pica then we probably shouldn't do the same thing for the lower ranked Doflamingo members.
We need something for Base Hody to scale for and currently I don't see it. Until we can find something there the energy steroid scaling won't work.

Overall , I just don't think we should differentiate period it's not a huge difference either way, we can at most say higher with Haki, but it's still not notable.

We need something for Base Hody to scale for and currently I don't see it. Until we can find something there the energy steroid scaling won't work.
Guess we don't have to then if it's not much of a difference.

Btw if that energy steroid scaling works then it could benefit Zoro;
  • Hyouzou at the start of the arc blocked a hit from Gear Second Luffy without any issue, Luffy called him strong based on this.
  • that same Hyouzou ended up taking as many energy steroids as Hody did and transformed into the white hair state (not the monster state)
  • Zoro one shot this Hyouzou

Although this depends on what we determine Gear Second Luffy's AP is.

(also I don't know if Hyouzou benefits Hody since there's no proof that Hody > Hyouzou, especially since Hyouzou was hired by Hody)

Guess we don't have to then if it's not much of a difference.

Btw if that energy steroid scaling works then it could benefit Zoro;
  • Hyouzou at the start of the arc blocked a hit from Gear Second Luffy without any issue, Luffy called him strong based on this.
  • that same Hyouzou ended up taking as many energy steroids as Hody did and transformed into the white hair state (not the monster state)
  • Zoro one shot this Hyouzou

Although this depends on what we determine Gear Second Luffy's AP is.
Luffy was casual AF during that and the fact base luffy could trash energy steroid Hody who should be stronger than him showsits likely a fact he just wasn't serious.

If someone can calc the surface area of his hand and quantify how many he shoved in his mouth, we could use the multiplier of that to scale off of Large Building Arlong

Luffy was casual AF during that and the fact base luffy could trash Hody who should be stronger than him showsits likely a fact he just wasn't serious.
Hody shouldn't be stronger than Hyouzou & Luffy wasn't casual, they laughed at Sanji who was dying.

Plus we even have Luffy later on directly calling Hyouzou "strong"

Hody shouldn't be stronger than Hyouzou & Luffy wasn't casual, they laughed at Sanji who was dying.

Plus we even have Luffy later on directly calling Hyouzou "strong"
Hody is his leader he should absolutely be stronger than Hyozou not to mention this was him using multiple energy steroids, and he was casual he was dealing with riff raff. Him calling him strong just means he's higher than fodder tier.

If someone can calc the surface area of his hand and quantify how many he shoved in his mouth, we could use the multiplier of that to scale off of Large Building Arlong
Even if he's hundreds or even thousands of times stronger than arlong that still wouldn't get him anywhere notable

Hody is his leader he should absolutely be stronger than Hyozou, and he was casual he was dealing with riff raff. Him calling him strong just means he's higher than fodder tier.
Again being the leader doesn't automatically mean they're the strongest unless its stated or shown, or maybe if the crew structure is based on a strength hierarchy.

The issue is none of these apply to Hody & once again Hyouzou technically isn't even apart of Hody's crew since he was hired by Hody. He was payed to give them aid, Hatchan even questions why someone like Hyouzou would help them.

Luffy was serious and went gear second, the punch was tanked, there's no reason to assume Hyouzou is fodder (him calling Hyouzou strong doesn't mean he's slightly better than fodder... This is just completely unsupported)

Meaning base Hyouzou is definitely comparable to gear second Luffy.

Again being the leader doesn't automatically mean they're the strongest unless its stated or shown, or maybe if the crew structure is based on a strength hierarchy.

The issue is none of these apply to Hody & once again Hyouzou technically isn't even apart of Hody's crew since he was hired by Hody. He was payed to give them aid, Hatchan even questions why someone like Hyouzou would help them.
Why would a pirate crew have someone as the leader who is tens of time weaker than the other guy, and he would need to be that much stronger as luffy bullied an energy steroided hody. That makes no sense.

Hody should bare minimum be comparable to hyozou.

Why would a pirate crew have someone as the leader who is tens of time weaker than the other guy, and he would need to be that much stronger as luffy bullied an energy steroided hody
Hyouzou isn't apart of the crew... He was payed by Hody to aid them, Hyouzou was even willing to work for Arlong if Arlong payed him, they'll still work for Hody since he's the leader and the guy paying for Hyouzou's services, they won't start following some random guy who doesn't believe in their ideals just because his power level is big.

The attack that Luffy directed at Hyouzou made him spit blood and was also aimed at 2 other random characters at same time (This could mean that Hyouzou handled 1/3 of Luffy's attention).

If hyozou was so much stronger than Hody than why didn't anyone comment on it. That should have been commented at least somewhere, it makes no sense for hyozou to be many times stronger than Hody.

At most I'll call it P.I.S but if this was true it should have been commented at least at one point.

The attack that Luffy directed at Hyouzou made him spit blood and was also aimed at 2 other random characters at same time (This could mean that Hyouzou handled 1/3 of Luffy's attention).
Don't think he did, we see in chapter 610 he's completely unharmed. But I guess I could accept > 1/3 of G2 if that fits with site standards.

If hyozou was so much stronger than Hody than why didn't anyone comment on it. That should have been commented at least somewhere, it makes no sense for hyozou to be many times stronger than Hody.

At most I'll call it P.I.S but if this was true it should have been commented at least at one point.
Why would it need to be commented on? Feats are just as valid as statements.

Why would it need to be commented on? Feats are just as valid as statements.
No it is not in this case, Oda has always set up the fights with the strawhats as 1st strongest, 2nd strongest , 3rd strongest, and then it's questionable from there whenever the final fights start , unless there's an obvious deviation. Zoro except in the fight with Morgan as it was his arc fought against a stronger opponent than luffy and won.

Even if he's hundreds or even thousands of times stronger than arlong that still wouldn't get him anywhere notable
If Hody took 20 pills, he would be over 1 million times stronger than his base form.

His base form scared Usopp, who pre timeskip was City Block Level.
2^20 (just if he took 20 pills during this instance) x 11 tons (baseline City Block Level) = 11534336 tons = 11.53 megatons (Small City Level).

Prior to that instance, he took 5 pills.
2x2x2x2x2 = 32.
32 x 11.534336 megatons = 369.098752 megatons, mountain level.

I found the absolute baseline for Usopp's dura btw, which means this could be much higher if I had an exact value.

No it is not in this case, Oda has always set up the fights with the strawhats as 1st strongest, 2nd strongest , 3rd strongest, and then it's questionable from there whenever the final fights start , unless there's an obvious deviation. Zoro except in the fight with Morgan as it was his arc fought against a stronger opponent than luffy and won.
That's not a rule at all. And it's not enough to dismiss Hyouzou's feats.

If Hody took 20 pills, he would be over 1 million times stronger than his base form.

His base form scared Usopp, who pre timeskip was City Block Level.
2^20 (just if he took 20 pills during this instance) x 11 tons (baseline City Block Level) = 11534336 tons = 11.53 megatons (Small City Level).

Prior to that instance, he took 5 pills.
2x2x2x2x2 = 32.
32 x 11.534336 megatons = 369.098752 megatons, mountain level.

I found the absolute baseline for Usopp's dura btw, which means this could be much higher if I had an exact value.
Should we really assume it's 2x2x2.... Wouldn't it make more sense to assume than an extra energy steroid doubles only from base? Meaning one steroid = x2 and two steroids = x4?

I don't think it was implied that the energy steroids would stack on top of previous boosts only that it would double a regular base fishman.

That's not a rule at all. And it's not enough to dismiss Hyouzou's feats.
Hyozou's feat is taking an attack meant to KO two fodder tier opponents, that just means he's stronger than the fodder, nothing there indicates to me that he's stronger than Hody.

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-609-page-12.html

Hyozou's feat is taking an attack meant to KO two fodder tier opponents, that just means he's stronger than the fodder, nothing there indicates to me that he's stronger than Hody.

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-609-page-12.html
Luffy has no way of knowing their tier or strength, if he was planning on just wiping out fodder like you said he wouldn't go into gear second.

Luffy isn't able to sense power levels, all we have to go by is that he intended to use gear second jet pistol & it's knocked out everyone but Hyouzou.

Should we really assume it's 2x2x2.... Wouldn't it make more sense to assume than an extra energy steroid doubles only from base? Meaning one steroid = x2 and two steroids = x4?

I don't think it was implied that the energy steroids would stack on top of previous boosts only that it would double a regular base fishman.
Quote from the manga.

All fishmen are born with a physical strength ten times that of an ordinary human!! But swallow a single one of these energy steroid pills, and that strength is doubled to twenty times a human's strength!!! And a second pill will double it once more!!!

Plus the 2x under water boosts.

Thank you I forgot about that, this argument was stupid to begin with.
It really isn't, that Vivre card was for Zoro's pre-timeskip, which I agree with somewhat (although there are clear cases of it being untrue with Ryuma)

But no that by no means is it proof that Hody > Hyouzou.

Quote from the manga.

All fishmen are born with a physical strength ten times that of an ordinary human!! But swallow a single one of these energy steroid pills, and that strength is doubled to twenty times a human's strength!!! And a second pill will double it once more!!!

Guess I read it wrong then, seems completely fine.

Quote from the manga.

Even if he took 20 steroids 2^20 * 11 tons of tnt would still only be 11 Megatons of tnt , which is barely 7-B territory.

No it was post TS it directly mentions haki and it brings up Wano.
No, that quote is directly from the pre-timeskip Zoro Vivre card. That isn't the vivre card, that's from Artur's translations.

Artur for whatever reason picks and chooses from any Vivre card and puts it all in one

Even if he took 20 steroids 2^20 * 11 tons of tnt would still only be 11 Megatons of tnt , which is barely 7-B territory.
He took 4 prior to that instance.
176 megatons.
Underwater.
362 megatons.

Almost where it was before.

No, that quote is directly from the pre-timeskip Zoro Vivre card. That isn't the vivre card, that's from Artur's translations.

Artur for whatever reason picks and chooses from any Vivre card and puts it all in one
Why use the post-ts image. Give me proof it was pre TS, because everything I see there refers to Post TS. Regardless, I'm done talking about this, because it's straight up illogical. If damage agrees with it then I'll argue about it further otherwise it's pointless.

Please do, but regardless unless one of the Admins come here and bring this topic up I'm not talking about it. This seems frankly illogical to say that Hyozou is tens of times stronger than Hody.

Here it is, the quote isn't on there.

Why's it illogical for him to stronger than Hody? He's not apart of the crew & has better feats against G2 Luffy in base let alone steroid form.

Here it is, the quote isn't on there.

Why's it illogical for him to stronger than Hody? He's not apart of the crew & has better feats against G2 Luffy in base let alone steroid form.

I can't read japanese so if you get me the translated copies of both Post TS and pre timeskip vivre cards then go ahead, I refuse to keep talking about this unless one of the admins talk about this. The person zoro fights in the arc should not be tens of times stronger than Hody unless it's blatantly obvious.

I can't read japanese so if you get me the translated copies of both Post TS and pre timeskip vivre cards then go ahead, I refuse to keep talking about this unless one of the admins talk about this. The person zoro fights in the arc should not be tens of times stronger than Hody unless it's blatantly obvious.
pretty sure your argument is just 'argument from incredulity'

There's no official translations done for the Vivre cards, they're only in Japanese. I can provide you with ones I've found:

Does anyone have a mathematical value for Usopp's last pre timeskip durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back