• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the wiki hody jones took 4 energy steroids the first time.

His base strength is Low 7-B. It says Low 7-B+ on his profile but that comes from scaling him to Timeskip Usopp.

Hmm, a problem I see here is that Hody's base form is unknown in terms of AP. Usopp will probably get moved to 7-A if this all gets through from scaling to buffalo)

In fact, when luffy uses buso koka the first time he refers to it as hardened rubber or vulcanization meaning it shouldn't bend anymore.

If luffy was using his blunt resistance in this attack he should have bent
Not sure if this is the case, hardened rubber =\= no longer being rubber.

And his arm not bending isn't an indication of him not having a rubber body with armament since there's times when Luffy has blocked attacks and his body didn't bend.

Not sure if this is the case, hardened rubber =\= no longer being rubber.

And his arm not bending isn't an indication of him not having a rubber body with armament since there's times when Luffy has blocked attacks and his body didn't bend.
Hardened rubber means it's no longer elastic and that's where blunt force resistance comes from.

And if he was using blunt force resistance he should have still flown back from the force.

Vulcanized rubber isn't elastic anymore you can look that up if you want and that's what luffy initially calls his buso koka. The vulcanization comes from the koka in buso koka.

If we can find a good low 7-B value for base Hody then we can make this work, problem is that we have no solidly low 7-B character to scale him off of.

Vulcanized rubber isn't elastic anymore you can look that up if you want and that's what luffy initially calls his buso koka. The vulcanization comes from the koka in buso koka.
No I'm saying there isn't enough evidence that Luffy loses his elasticity with elasticity, since if he did lose it then using his rubber stretching at all should be impossible for Luffy while he has hardening covering the stretched body parts (yet it still works)

No I'm saying there isn't enough evidence that Luffy loses his elasticity with elasticity, since if he did lose it then using his rubber stretching at all should be impossible for Luffy while he has hardening covering the stretched body parts (yet it still works)
Find an example where luffy shows this outside of gear 4th.

Whenever luffy attacks outside of gear 4th he always stretches/expands his body then hardens.

That only happens in gear 4th which Doflamingo noted was strange so that only adds to the point, and doflamingo called it a harmonization between his rubber and haki powers.

Find an example where luffy shows this outside of gear 4th.
That only happens in gear 4th which Doflamingo noted was strange so that only adds to the point, and doflamingo called it a harmonization between his rubber and haki powers.
Any time he uses Gear Third Elephant Man is an example of him having an elastic rubber body coverered by Hardening.

Any time he uses Gear Third Elephant Man is an example of him having an elastic rubber body coverered by Hardening.
No whenever he does that he always expands his body first before hardening it.
https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-605-page-11.html

No whenever he does that he always expands his body first before hardening it.

I don't think expanding his body would change that since his body is able to achieve these feats due to being elastic, if his body suddenly stopped being elastic with hardening then his body would rip.

Then I guess If that's accepted then Luffy with haki would have 7-A durability (assuming we accept that attack being comparable to the 420 megaton feat).

Then I guess If that's accepted then Luffy with haki would have 7-A durability (assuming we accept that attack being comparable to the 420 megaton feat).
Not just with haki, doflamingo who definitely scales to luffy with haki attacked base luffy no haki multiple times , the same with katakuri.

Not just with haki, doflamingo who definitely scales to luffy with haki attacked base luffy no haki multiple times , the same with katakuri.
Luffy directly after this took the 420 megaton feat using his haki'd up arm.

Edit:MB he took the 330 megaton ferocious tiger.

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-782-page-9.html
Sorry if I missed it, but didn't Luffy say against Hody that his armament struggles with cutting/piercing etc and with the strings it does seem to be a cutting attack.

Sorry if I missed it, but didn't Luffy say against Hody that his armament struggles with cutting/piercing etc and with the strings it does seem to be a cutting attack.
In the immediately prior panel we see that it's his foot that clashes with his haki, not the strings

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-782-page-8.html

And luffy also scales to this as well.

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-745-page-10.html

In the immediately prior panel we see that it's his foot that clashes with his haki, not the strings

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-782-page-8.html

And luffy also scales to this as well.

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-745-page-10.html
I know the foot clashes with the haki but the back of Doffy's foot has his strings on which results in a cutting attack.

I'm not sure what the next one proves since Doffy is hitting a Luffy who's not using haki to defend, so yeah Luffy scales to Doffy's strikes, but I did bring up issues with Where Doflamingo'a scaling comes from as well as Luffy's.

I know the foot clashes with the haki but the back of Doffy's foot has his strings on which results in a cutting attack.

I'm not sure what the next one proves since Doffy is hitting a Luffy who's not using haki to defend, so yeah Luffy scales to Doffy's strikes, but I did bring up issues with Where Doflamingo'a scaling comes from as well as Luffy's.
It's clearly shown in the prior panel he's using it to rear back his foot for momentum not for a cutting attacking.

Doflamingo also clashes with luffy here.

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-783-page-13.html

Luffy also survives katakurki's stronger gear 3rd attack here.

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-879-page-16.html

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-891-page-7.html

Base luffy's durability scales to Katakuri's AP, which scales above luffy's haki durability.

It's clearly shown in the prior panel he's using it to rear back his foot for momentum not for a cutting attacking.

Doflamingo also clashes with luffy here.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he's used that attack before on Law and I resulted in a cutting attack, I'm pretty sure what he's doing is purely a cutting attack.

He clashes and that's fine I guess but he doesn't show that he harmed Luffy, only that he can clash equally with Base Luffy's (w/ haki)'s AP.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he's used that attack before on Law and I resulted in a cutting attack, I'm pretty sure what he's doing is purely a cutting attack.

He clashes and that's fine I guess but he doesn't show that he harmed Luffy, only that he can clash equally with Base Luffy's (w/ haki)'s AP.
You might be referring to this

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-769-page-8.html

but that wasn't athlete foot, he used the back of his foot where the thread was to cut off law's arm. That's not the case there he clearly used the front of his foot.

You can check the panel the only thing that comes in contact with luffy's haki is the instep of doflamingo's foot

According to the wiki hody jones took 4 energy steroids the first time.

His base strength is Low 7-B. It says Low 7-B+ on his profile but that comes from scaling him to Timeskip Usopp.

Hmm, a problem I see here is that Hody's base form is unknown in terms of AP. Usopp will probably get moved to 7-A if this all gets through from scaling to buffalo)
Base Hody > Surume > Franky > Baby 5 ~ Don Sai ~ Small City Level+ (2.72 Megatons).
Hody took 4 Energy Steroids. 2^4 = 16. 16 x Don Sai's AP.

4 Pill Hody = 43.84 Megatons. Zoro one shot Hody. Zoro > 4 Pill Hody = 43.84 Megatons.

Hody takes another pill to ease the pain that Zoro gave him. 2x previous, 5 pill Hody ~ 87.68 Megatons. New State Hody.

Base Luffy kicks Hody. Kicks him again. Base Luffy with Haki basically blocks and manhandles him. Again.
Base Luffy with Haki > Base Luffy without Haki > 5 pill Hody ~ 87.68 Megatons.

Hody goes under water and gets another transformation. Idk if it's another steroid or not, but I won't assume it is.
Underwater for fishmen = Multiplier.
One version just says doubled, while another says multiplied. It also says Sanji's power gets cut in half while he's under there, but Luffy is in a bubble. That may not change his strength, but I won't make any assumptions.
Underwater Hody ~ 175.36 Megatons.

Luffy hit him with Red Hawk later. He ate a mouthful of Pills.
Regardless of the amount he ate, he would hit minimum 350 megatons (unless people don't think he took at least 1 pill).

Edit: Hody and Zoro were underwater when Zoro one shot him, so another 2x boost.
Didn't realise there was an official multiplier for the energy steroids.
Yep.

It's on Hody's profile too.

Last edited:
Base Hody > Surume > Franky > Baby 5 ~ Don Sai ~ Small City Level+ (2.72 Megatons).
Hody took 4 Energy Steroids. 2^4 = 16. 16 x Don Sai's AP.

4 Pill Hody = 43.84 Megatons. Zoro one shot Hody. Zoro > 4 Pill Hody = 43.84 Megatons.

Hody takes another pill to ease the pain that Zoro gave him. 2x previous, 5 pill Hody ~ 87.68 Megatons. New State Hody.

Base Luffy kicks Hody. Kicks him again. Base Luffy with Haki basically blocks and manhandles him. Again.
Base Luffy with Haki > Base Luffy without Haki > 5 pill Hody ~ 87.68 Megatons.

Hody goes under water and gets another transformation. Idk if it's another steroid or not, but I won't assume it is.
Underwater for fishmen = Multiplier.
One version just says doubled, while another says multiplied. It also says Sanji's power gets cut in half while he's under there, but Luffy is in a bubble. That may not change his strength, but I won't make any assumptions.
Underwater Hody ~ 175.36 Megatons.

Luffy hit him with Red Hawk later. He ate a mouthful of Pills.
Regardless of the amount he ate, he would hit minimum 350 megatons (unless people don't think he took at least 1 pill).

Yep.

It's on Hody's profile too.
Problem there is your using Don Sai's dragon kick for scaling which is greater than chinjao. Who at least scales to base luufy.

but that wasn't athlete foot, he used the back of his foot where the thread was to cut off law's arm. That's not the case there he clearly used the front of his foot.
That was it, guess you're right. Doflamingo should scale to base Luffy's Haki durability then. I think regular Luffy without haki shouldn't fully scale though, similar to how we currently treat Luffy in wholecake.

Guess the energy steroids scaling works, but if we're going to no longer scale Vergo to Pica then we probably shouldn't do the same thing for the lower ranked Doflamingo members.

Base Hody > Surume > Franky > Baby 5 ~ Don Sai

That scaling chain doesn't work out because Don Sai's feat was from when he unlocked his true power and was recognized by Chinjao.

It's not his typical AP that he was fighting Baby 5 with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back