• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody scale from Bartolomeo? Maybe a "stronger than" statement or matching his shield's AP?

Pasting this from the other thread:

https://hot.eorzea.us/manga/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics/0724-016.png

Assuming Takt/Tact works exactly like telekinesis, Law would have had to generate enough energy to completely stop the meteorite before turning it to crash into the hull of the Marine Battleship (Perspective is a little off, as the marine battleship isn't quite in the same ground as the Sunny on the page, but Fujitora notes in the next page that "Law is directly below them" and the battle-ship appears to be in the same general horizontal location at this point, so it should be okay). If the Sunny Go is 56 meters in height (78.8px), the meteorite is about 112.07 meters in diameter (157.7px). I think we used 3,300kg/m^3 (correct me if i'm wrong) for meteorites, and we used 20km/s for the speed:

KE = 4.8642e+17 Joules or 116.2571 Megatons of Tnt (7-A), so Law scales above this since he could manipulate the meteorite into changing directions with like 0 effort.

But that's assuming I got the values right. I probably didn't.

----

Okay, so regarding the OP, as i'm mildly confused about the arguments going on throughout the thread...

A large reason for the scaling issue is because BACK THEN, we generally scaled characters to eachother simply because we had nothing else to scale them to.

Unrelated topic, but it's important to bring up since it will impact the scaling: There are actually several justifications that were brought up to me in the past that I ignored that would allow a possible 7-A scaling for Doflamingo's Executives, and some of the Corrida Colosseum fighters: REMEMBER, ARMAMENT HAKI RELATED STUFF IS SEPARATE FROM THE STATS CURRENTLY.

1. (As Damage brought up before, but I still reject due to the result, but can be used as a supporting feat for what follows): Gladius taking a kick from a casual Gear 2nd Luffy Jet Stamp (though, like i said many times, he took it like a B).
2. Gladius casually wounding Viola, who in turn could hurt a docile Sanji.
3. Chinjao + Elizabello using their combined effort to stop an attack from Golem Pica, which should scale to his own 377 MT AP (The PE results on Pica's punches are obviously calc'd at 7-B, but we can't use this if we're not doing so for ordinary sized character attacks--especially since a smaller Golem Pica spawned was capable of harming Zoro)
4. Luffy beating Chinjao (as further support for his 7-A base stat since he was fighting him off-panel before getting serious and ending the fight in 2 strikes)
5. Someone brought up it would be strange for Dellinger to be sent to kill Bellamy if he were weaker, and we have Bellamy listed as 7-A w/ Haki... though to be fair Bellamy was most likely docile in this situation. It's quite ambiguous in the manga.
6. Cavendish blocking Doflamingo's Bullet Thread (Granted this is only going to apply to his weapon durability, and only scales above Law's durability since the Bullet Thread was strong enough to go completely through his shoulder)
  • Chinjao's Haki infused headbutt would scale above Cavendish's blade durability since he caused it to bend in the middle of their clash.
And there's a few more...

In any case, a large handful of the "Low 7-B+" or "At least Low 7-B+" characters would have justification for being "At least Low 7-B+, Possibly 7-A" for varying reasons. Individuals like Baby 5 and Buffalo though do NOT... and a few others as well.

Vergo keeps 7-A, unless someone wants to argue he is inferior to the Executives ranked below him (Also I fail to see why he wouldn't scale comparable to Pica physically when they are peers), also he could injure Law (with and without Haki), and it seems Law should have a 7-A feat via his Tact (which would scale to his own physical AP/Dura).

----

Okay, so regarding the other stuff--such as the OP:

377 Megatons comes from people scaling from Pica and Zoro--Pica for generating that much energy when manipulating his DF, and Zoro for being capable of pressuring Pica (without Haki).

420 Megatons comes from people scaling from Fujitora and Gear 3rd (and Gear 2nd, which scales partial) Luffy -- Fujitora for generating that much energy casually with his DF ability, and Gear 3rd for hurting Fujitora, clashing with his DF enhanced sword-strikes, and Gear 2nd partially for battling Fujitora on and off-panel.

I'm gonna make a note before we get to talking further since I noticed a few things: Basil Hawkins needs to be downgraded for his normal AP and Durability because Zoro can cleave through him, and the only reason he blocked Law is because--FROM BOTH OF THEIR WORDS--Law was bluffing when he said he would kill Hawkins, and was holding back massively (Law practically stomps him in their "fight" and later beats the crap out of him in his cell). Hody Jones and other Fishmen do not get a 2x AP multiplier under-water. This has been discussed.

377 characters: Golem Pica -> D Zoro -> Pica -> Diamante/Trebol/Vergo (under debate now), D Sanji, Law, partially Robin, Partially Base Luffy, Bellamy (w/ Haki) and everyone who scales from these characters.

420 characters: Fujitora -> Gear 3rd Luffy -> Partially Gear 2nd Luffy -> Cracker's Biscuit Soldiers -> and anyone who scales relative to this.... so not Zoro. :)

=/>550 MT characters: Characters like Doflamingo and Katakuri who are depicted consistently as being massively above the 2 previously mentioned tiers: Doflamingo being able to easily kill characters such as Sanji, Smoker, Law, Base Luffy (b4 he got Gamma'd), and his cage being too strong to stop via efforts from Fujitora, Zoro, etc. He's also depicted far above Gear 2nd/3rd Luffy as he could easily dispatch both of them despite suffering terrible injuries. Katakuri off-panel'd Raid-Suit Ichiji in a matter of seconds (at most), and he casually overpowered Gear 2nd and 3rd Luffy at the start of their fight while taking the fight as a joke. Gear 3rd Luffy (during his fight with Katakuri) eventually became strong enough to momentarily clash with some of Katakuri's attacks, though was still depicted weaker than Katakuri (who is currently "At least 7-A+, possibly High 7-A", so he only gets 7-A+ as a low end.
  • Doflamingo and Katakuri's "At least" only comes from the fact that they jump into another tier via partial scaling to Bound Man Luffy.

Also, if the KE is right for Law's Tact feat, it can be used as a supporting feat on top of the likes of Vergo being > Gladius > Viola.

(I'll get into the Doflamingo Bird-Cage stuff after this...)

. Chinjao + Elizabello using their combined effort to stop an attack from Golem Pica, which should scale to his own 377 MT AP (The PE results on Pica's punches are obviously calc'd at 7-B, but we can't use this if we're not doing so for ordinary sized character attacks--especially since a smaller Golem Pica spawned was capable of harming Zoro)
They was calced far lower than 377 Megatons & no one should scale to the 377 megaton feat considering it's performed by pica with his stone Manipulation.

They was calced far lower than 377 Megatons & no one should scale to the 377 megaton feat considering it's performed by pica with his stone Manipulation.
they'd each scale 1/2 Pica's AP anyways if it took 2 of them to stop his attack. And I already said why we couldn't use PE anyways since if we applied that rule to everyone else, they'd be 10-A.

btw, the punch that Elizabelo used on Pica was full power or no?
Only when he blasted the top half of the body away. He only used a partially charged punch when he teamed up with Elizabello to stop Pica's arm.

@Eminiteable - ? No, Pica's (smaller) Golems can harm Zoro, who scales to Pica's 377 MT. Therefore Elizabello and Chinjao being able to stop his Golem's attack would scale them each to at least 1/2 of Pica's AP.

The Low 7-B only comes from the energy required to break that much stone and the PE of the punch, which is low-ball considering Pica can hurt Zoro with his stone Golems.

Last edited:
inb4 people say is scales to Luffy for hurting Dorry--which it doesn't o-o.
Downscaling is a thing, but the issue I brought up is this scene where base luffy is able to harm katakuri and take hits from him.

If Katakuri is 7-A+, then base luffy should be 7-A for being capable of harming him , but still clearly inferior

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-894-page-8.html

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-883-page-14.html

and because I know someone is going to bring it up, Katakuri has taken gear 4th attacks without using buso koka

https://***********.com/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-884-page-5.html

Also looking at the Katakuri fight, separate question but does luffy's base durability go up at all in snakeman because it doesn't really look like it does.

Last edited:
Zoro scales above Gear 2nd Luffy with Haki.
Zoro could cut through Monet's snow without any shown effort + without any named attacks, the same snow that could withstand a Jet Gatling Gun from Luffy in Gear Second with Haki (even though it broke on the next page, we see it was a chain effect of sorts, and how Luffy's barrage only put a crack into it).

Cavendish's AP should scale to Doflamingo's bullet string as well. If he didn't, the bullets would've pushed him back. He was pushing each bullet back with the force of his own strength, or else the sword would've just flown.
Cavendish said he can't hold back against Chinjao after seeing him w/out using Haki with a round head.
Tamaito (Bullet String) ≤ Cavendish and Durandal ≤ Chinjao's Head without Haki < Luffy's Jet Pistol < Luffy's Buso Jet Gatling ≤ Monet's Snow < Zoro's Nitoryu.

Hakuba would rank at 754 Megatons for being 2x regular Cavendish. This would scale to Barto and potentially Robin, so Robin could get a possibly 7-A+ rating.

Either we can use common sense and say Doflamingo scales above Hakuba, or we can use a difficult powerscaling method to do it to get Doflamingo, Cracker, and Katakuri solid ratings and values above.
We see that the birdcage is the same strings used for Doflamingo's Black Knight, so we can't say that they don't scale to his AP.
Hakuba couldn't push Barto's barriers while the Birdcage could. Simple. Doflamingo > Hakuba. Doflamingo would be 754 Megatons, same as Cracker and Katakuri.

I agree with Cin. Vergo and Diamante should scale to Pica. No reason why they shouldn't.

Edit: Chinjao wasn't hurt for shit. Nvm to that scaling chain.

Last edited:
Zoro could cut through Monet's snow without any shown effort + without any named attacks, the same snow that could withstand a Jet Gatling Gun from Luffy in Gear Second with Haki (even though it broke on the next page, we see it was a chain effect of sorts, and how Luffy's barrage only put a crack into it).
Yeah , whether or not you believe that, that piece of evidence is faulty. Monet used a barrier technique against Luffy and he still destroyed it, and it didn't crack it shattered it, if you were to use that same logic Zoro's technique doesn't immediately shatter the snow either we see a slice, then it shatters.

Also Zoro just cut through a sheet of Monet's snow, why should that scale to her hardened snow ice dome. Monet even comments on how that wall was special, but doesn't say anything about zoro cutting through her normal snow.

Main two issues

Luffy didn't crack it, he shattered it.

Zoro cut through Monet's normal snow not, the hardened ice dome, it's obviously not as strong.

Edit: Even Robin could break through Monet's snow normally.

To add to this even further luffy without haki could easily break through the hardened snow and the ground at once.

Last edited:

Cavendish's AP should scale to Doflamingo's bullet string as well. If he didn't, the bullets would've pushed him back. He was pushing each bullet back with the force of his own strength, or else the sword would've just flown.
Cavendish said he can't hold back against Chinjao after seeing him w/out using Haki with a round head.
Tamaito (Bullet String) ≤ Cavendish and Durandal ≤ Chinjao's Head without Haki < Luffy's Jet Pistol < Luffy's Buso Jet Gatling ≤ Monet's Snow < Zoro's Nitoryu.

Hakuba would rank at 754 Megatons for being 2x regular Cavendish. This would scale to Barto and potentially Robin, so Robin could get a possibly 7-A+ rating.

Either we can use common sense and say Doflamingo scales above Hakuba, or we can use a difficult powerscaling method to do it to get Doflamingo, Cracker, and Katakuri solid ratings and values above.
We see that the birdcage is the same strings used for Doflamingo's Black Knight, so we can't say that they don't scale to his AP.
Hakuba couldn't push Barto's barriers while the Birdcage could. Simple. Doflamingo > Hakuba. Doflamingo would be 754 Megatons, same as Cracker and Katakuri.

I agree with Cin. Vergo and Diamante should scale to Pica. No reason why they shouldn't.

Edit: Chinjao wasn't hurt for shit. Nvm to that scaling chain.
1) Zoro doesn't automatically scale above Gear 2nd Luffy when they both achieved the same results from breaking Monet's snow walls (Also, only Luffy was shown going against her Kamakura. I forgot if Zoro slashed a similar wall or if it was just a regular wall of snow). Luffy only had issues when Monet kept stacking layers while Zoro only had to chop one layer.

2) Cavendish just blocked the blow. Not getting blasted away doesn't benefit physical AP/Durability since he's only absorbing a very small fraction of the attack with his body. Given the angle he was coming in, and his sword position, he was only doing a standing deflection or block (as in he wasn't pushing the threads away by literally swinging at them... unlike the anime). The bullets simply weren't strong enough to break his blade. Durability applies to blade, and nothing else.
  • This same argument applies to Law, who was able to stand and guard against Doflamingo's numerous Goshikito attacks with his blade. (And the argument is further supported by the fact that Law only ever hurt Doffy with hax, and his durability is so much lower than Doffy's AP that ALL of Doflamingo's attacks [except for a kick to the jaw] went straight through Law's body).

3) That scaling chain doesn't work regardless for one simple fact: Durandal is a rapier, meaning it is designed with a thin and flexible blade, thus it is part of its design to curve under pressure. It didn't break or suffer a crack, so I don't see how Cavendish and Chinjao's combined clash would result in higher AP than Doffy's threads.

4) Cavendish wouldn't scale to the 377 Megatons for a few reasons: a) none of the characters he has fought would scale fully to 377 MT, b) He only clashed with Chinjao's flat head, which is confirmed several times as having lower AP than his nail-head, c) His best AP feat is probably going even with a (tired) base Luffy, who also doesn't scale fully to 377 MT.

5) Even if I fully believe Doflamingo to be >>> Hakuba, this can not be proven by the canon material since Hakuba's limit is not shown (best feat is one-shotting Dellinger). The only argument is the Robin situation since she could restrain him quite easily... but I don't think we can justify her being 7-A+. (This is assuming Hakuba gets 754 MT anyways, which he probably wont since Cavendish has no business scaling to full-power Chinjao or even fully to Base Luffy)

6) The Black Knight was used to make more threads for the cage, meaning it was not constructed by the same threads that comprised its body (unless you want to argue it hid that massive amount of threads in its body which is only 2x bigger than a normal human). The threads the body was made out of is very inconsistent with the rest of Doflamingo's threads as they are the only ones ever shown to be destroyed. Gear 2nd (no haki) Luffy destroyed its body. Kyros decapitated it. and the duo-fodder-brothers bisected and pierced it.

7) Luffy didn't hit Chinjao with a Jet Pistol. That smoke was from the rubble flying around them, and Luffy just punched him on the head with "a pretty hard" punch, indicating Luffy was holding back just a little bit.

Honestly, with the current scaling, there is still enough to justify an "At least Low 7-B+ normally, Possibly 7-A with Drill-Head and Haki" for Chinjao's AP. He clashed evenly with Base Luffy (with both using Haki) and ultimately lost only when Luffy resorted to Gears to easy-clap him. His Durability can scale just "At least Low 7-B+, possibly 7-A, higher with Haki" since his base Durability would withstand a semi-serious punch from Base Luffy (and should be capable of withstanding the shock from using his own Drill-head).

I think we should prioritize discussing the "Armament Haki" being added as a "higher" or "x" tier for all known users in order to help clarify why their base AP does NOT scale, because we never see Chinjao clashing with Luffy without using Haki (or taking a serious hit without using it for that matter)

Last edited:
A lot to go through here. Addressing this point first of all:

Assuming Takt/Tact works exactly like telekinesis, Law would have had to generate enough energy to completely stop the meteorite before turning it to crash into the hull of the Marine Battleship (Perspective is a little off, as the marine battleship isn't quite in the same ground as the Sunny on the page, but Fujitora notes in the next page that "Law is directly below them" and the battle-ship appears to be in the same general horizontal location at this point, so it should be okay). If the Sunny Go is 56 meters in height (78.8px), the meteorite is about 112.07 meters in diameter (157.7px). I think we used 3,300kg/m^3 (correct me if i'm wrong) for meteorites, and we used 20km/s for the speed:

KE = 4.8642e+17 Joules or 116.2571 Megatons of Tnt (7-A), so Law scales above this since he could manipulate the meteorite into changing directions with like 0 effort.

This may be valid but doesn't Law's Devil Fruit primarily work through manipulating space? In which case this might not be like traditional telekinesis.

377 characters: Golem Pica -> D Zoro -> Pica -> Diamante/Trebol/Vergo (under debate now), D Sanji, Law, partially Robin, Partially Base Luffy, Bellamy (w/ Haki) and everyone who scales from these characters.

Golem Pica may not be scaling to that full value if Pica has a Varies rating with his Devil Fruit.

Last edited:
Yeah , whether or not you believe that, that piece of evidence is faulty. Monet used a barrier technique against Luffy and he still destroyed it, and it didn't crack it shattered it, if you were to use that same logic Zoro's technique doesn't immediately shatter the snow either we see a slice, then it shatters.
Luffy used a barrage attack with Haki and it withstood it until the next page when we only see a crack.
If it didn't scale at all, it would've broken on the first panel.
Also Zoro just cut through a sheet of Monet's snow, why should that scale to her hardened snow ice dome. Monet even comments on how that wall was special, but doesn't say anything about zoro cutting through her normal snow.
She says the average pirate couldn't cut through it. She said she didn't expect any less.
Luffy said the fishman he punched was strong. If he doesn't say everyone he fights after is strong, that fishman > them?
Main two issues

Luffy didn't crack it, he shattered it.
After a barrage of Buso Jet Punches, and we see a crack, which eventually spreads out.
Zoro cut through Monet's normal snow not, the hardened ice dome, it's obviously not as strong.
Most definitely not regular snow. Please prove these below are different, while the one Zoro cut through was even wider than the first one.
0681-012.png
0686-010.png

Edit: Even Robin could break through Monet's snow normally.
She broke through a fodder snow angel not through the wall, which she paused in front of and said "she got us" then waited for Zoro to cut it.
To add to this even further luffy without haki could easily break through the hardened snow and the ground at once.
That's not hardened snow, that's the random snow on the ground that fell from the previous techniques.
If it was that easy, Monet would've gotten bodied

@Damage3245 - We can take Law's abilities whatever way, but without scaling to Vergo, Law has nothing as he has no actual feats of his own (outside of destroying fodder) without hax except for his showings against Vergo.

Like-wise, Vergo has nothing to scale to outside of his direct peers--being Pica/Diamante/Trebol, and has no business scaling equal to the lesser Executives. Sanji and Smoker both only get scaling from Vergo.

How would Golem Pica "vary"? Seems strange to suggest Pica is pulling his punches at every turn when he's never implied to do so.

How would Golem Pica "vary"? Seems strange to suggest Pica is pulling his punches at every turn when he's never implied to do so.

I brought it up here:

To be honest, I think that Pica should get a "Varies" AP value with his Devil Fruit depending on the amount of stone he has access to, with the 377 Megatons being his upper limit. The gap between the feats he has with a small amount of stone available and the feats when he has an immense amount of stone available is huge.

Pica has more powerful attacks, the more stone he has access to. If he's only manipulating as much stone that is in the castle such as his first fight with Zoro, then he's not unleashing attacks that are as powerful as when he's manipulating an entire mountain.

So he's not intentionally holding himself back; he's just held back by the amount that is available for him to shape into an attack.

Quick question.

Does Cavendish scale to Gladius in any way shape or form?

Like-wise, Vergo has nothing to scale to outside of his direct peers--being Pica/Diamante/Trebol, and has no business scaling equal to the lesser Executives. Sanji and Smoker both only get scaling from Vergo.
Couldn't Sanji scale to Oven and by extension Law & Vergo scale to him? Pretty sure Oven has a calc.

Couldn't Sanji scale to Oven and by extension Law & Vergo scale to him? Pretty sure Oven has a calc.
Wadatsumi can scale for taking Tropical Torment, multiply by 2 for Energy steroid, and then you got Jinbe and Sanji scaling since they both manhandled him.

Wadatsumi can scale for taking Tropical Torment, multiply by 2 for Energy steroid, and then you got Jinbe and Sanji scaling since they both manhandled him.
There's no way that Wadatsumi would scale to the full value of heating the sea when he occupies just a small volume of it.

Nevermind then.

Cin and Damage, how would Cavendish partially scaling to Chinjao for holding his body on his bending sword work?

I'm talking about his calc, he would now scale there and it would give a place for those to scale even if it isn't 7-A.
I guess that could work.

Here's what I'm thinking.

From what I see, the executives and the coliseum competitors scale to 2 calcs.
Gladius's Pop Rock Super Arena (3.58 megatons).
Chinjao and Elizabello 2's Collaborated Attack (5.83 megatons).

Half of these justifications are "comparable to" without any justification.

I understand the Chief Officers, but the regular officers need much better justifications for their scaling.

I'll work on a Sandbox for it, cause these justifications are horrifying.

Exactly.

Some people are comparable to Machvise, but they get stomped by Franky, the same Franky that gets damaged by Machvise...

Yeah nah some work needs to be done

Alright.

Here is the sandbox for the Dressrosa scaling that makes it easy to understand.
I'm not done yet btw, I haven't included scaling for Cavendish blocking the string bullets.

Serious question.

Machvice's profile has this as a justification.
Attack Potency: Small City level+ via powerscaling (Damaged and pinned down Franky)

When did this happen? I've been digging through the manga, the OP fandom, everything, and i haven't seen that feat yet.

Also, Sai with no Haki deflected Lao G's kick
Screen_Shot_2021-01-07_at_3.56.51_PM.png

I'm assuming it didn't require haki, since every time we see Sai with Haki, his pants are black.
https://hot.**********.com/manga/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics/0771-018.png
0771-012.png

Would this make way for Sai w/out Haki scaling to Lao G for kicking his arm downwards?

You don't need to necessarily hit something with a force equal to it in order to deflect it. Cin brought that up as one of the discussion points regarding how much Katakuri should be scaling to Boundman since all he did to counter Luffy's attacks was deflect them.

EDIT: By the way, there is a amusing long case of circular scaling there:

Franky = Baby 5 = Don Sai = Ideo = Hajrudin = Machvise = Franky.

Part of the issue is that Ideo sending an unconscious Hajrudin flying is not a Small City level+ feat. That could probably be calced.

Only issue with the sandbox is Vergo shouldn't scale to Pica & Pica should get "varies" with his devil fruit.

You don't need to necessarily hit something with a force equal to it in order to deflect it. Cin brought that up as one of the discussion points regarding how much Katakuri should be scaling to Boundman since all he did to counter Luffy's attacks was deflect them.
Would he backscale then? And tbh, I would usually agree, but for this instance I wouldn't.
With Katakuri and Boundman, Katakuri just hit his arms.
Sai directly kicked his hand out of place (the hand meant to harm him).

EDIT: By the way, there is a amusing long case of circular scaling there:

Franky = Baby 5 = Don Sai = Ideo = Hajrudin = Machvise = Franky.

Part of the issue is that Ideo sending an unconscious Hajrudin flying is not a Small City level+ feat. That could probably be calced.
Yeah this scaling stumped me, since Machvise has no feats. Ideo also has no feats except that and matching Sai, who has no feats in base except matching Baby 5 (who has no feats) and Ideo (who has no feats), which is why I'm trying to get the scaling above.
Only issue with the sandbox is Vergo shouldn't scale to Pica & Pica should get "varies" with his devil fruit.
Vergo's Durability > Law's Counter Shock > Doflamingo's Durability

Is that valid?

... You want to rate Vergo above Doflamingo? That seems highly off to me.

Law used Counter Shock on a practically dying Doflamingo after stabbing him with the Gamma Knife and Doflamingo was able to stand up afterwards.

Rating Vergo ≥ Doflamingo's Physicals, which matches a base Luffy and a no gravity Fujitora? Yup.

Doflamingo was fixing himself up after the Gamma Knife. I honestly see no issue w/ it.

Edit: Sanji kicked Vergo's leg and cracked his own bone. Sanji kicked Doflamingo a bunch of times and nothing of the sort happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back