• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

Updated the CRT sandbox. Feel free to give your input.

So the movie recently had a limited 1 week run in Miami to qualify for the Oscars; where do you place the chance of the movie getting nominated?

The arena fighter game made some character reveals trailers, and they come with some renders (cooler than the mobile game):

Guess we can eventually use them to update the profile pics.

Also a render for Uzui from the anime poster, and a render opportunity for Enmu from a movie poster:
9aB8Wwm.png

hn25enq.png

So the movie was accidently made available for purchase in the PS4 store two months before it is supposed to, and a HQ version of the movie with subtitles is already leaked online. (RIP Sony employee)

The final act of the movie is legendary, top-tier hype and emotions. Rengoku is definitely goated.

The console game is adding Sakonji and Makomo, which which means that the roster would actually be bigger than one would expect. Keep them renders coming!
w709
w709
w709

So the movie was accidently made available for purchase in the PS4 store two months before it is supposed to, and a HQ version of the movie with subtitles is already leaked online. (RIP Sony employee)

The final act of the movie is legendary, top-tier hype and emotions. Rengoku is definitely goated.

The console game is adding Sakonji and Makomo, which which means that the roster would actually be bigger than one would expect. Keep them renders coming!
w709
w709
w709
I ended up watching the movie in theaters a little earlier around April 9th but man was I shocked when I saw the movie was on PS4 for a few hours
That Sony employee def lost his job

also really surprising how Hinokami Keputan is adding characters who barely fought through out the entire story

PV for season 2

So the leaks about the movie getting milked in episodic format were true.
Companies like Disney and Konami were featured in the movie's TV airing credits, so they are cashing in (theme parks and pachinko machines hype?)
unknown.png

The episode re-air and the movie airing was getting crazy ratings.

10th of October will be an original episode following Rengoku before the events of Mugen Train. The Mugen Train movie will then be split into 6 episodes, featuring 70 new cuts, new music scores, and an opening/ending by LiSA.

Season 2 starts in episode 8 in the 5th of December, and the first episode will be an hour long (Fate/Zero & UBW treatment). The opening/ending will be by Aimer.

Demons are confirmed for the arena fighter's VS mode which has space for 7 more slots, though the demons will be DLC. The first one is confirmed to be free, though I am not sure about the rest.

These are nice news. I knew a good chunk of this already but some of it is new to me like the news about the game. I don't mind getting the movie in an episodic format since it has been quite enoyable for me and with many scenes that were worth rewatching for me, the fact that we are getting new scenes also helps.

Tommorow, to the Mugen Train, then.

FBSFbhYWQAcNMOB

The first episode will be completly original, focusing on Rengoku's early investigation into the Mugen Train. Wonder if it will have flashbacks to events early in his career, would be cool but hard to implement w/o breaking the flow. Presumably we will see the new opening as well.

The arena fighter will have three free DLC packs, each bringing two demons into versus mode; they are starting wth a bang with Akaza + Rui.

FBH_mtPX0AAi4jP

Tommorow, to the Mugen Train, then.

FBSFbhYWQAcNMOB

The first episode will be completly original, focusing on Rengoku's early investigation into the Mugen Train. Wonder if it will have flashbacks to events early in his career, would be cool but hard to implement w/o breaking the flow. Presumably we will see the new opening as well.

The arena fighter will have three free DLC packs, each bringing two demons into versus mode; they are starting wth a bang with Akaza + Rui.

FBH_mtPX0AAi4jP

I'm looking forward to that new episode. Also, the news about the DLC packs are nice to know.

Episode out, interesting short essentially about how and where Rengoku got all those bento boxes that fleshes out Rengoku and shows him flexing at work.
No opening or ending this week though.

Does anyone else here feel that the results for Tanjiro splitting the boulder and and the Hand Demon destroying some ground are lower than they should be? Tanjiro splitting the boulder is basically the culmination and end result of his training. Logically it should be fairly close to his maximum output of power yet the result for it is several times smaller than the result of what the Hand Demon did. I wonder if there are any alternative approaches for this feat. The Hand Demon's calculation itself is a lowball which might be able to get a higher result if a proper minimum depth can be established though Armorchompy did say that he doesn't think that there is any way to get it for sure.

Episode out, interesting short essentially about how and where Rengoku got all those bento boxes that fleshes out Rengoku and shows him flexing at work.
No opening or ending this week though.

I've watched the episode today and it was quite enjoyable to me. Overall the episode added some more context to the Mugen Train like some of the consequences of 40 people disappearing and some of the stuff Rengoku has been up to after he went out before he met up with Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke. They also further cemented how the general populace isn't aware of the existence of demons and how that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The parallel with Rengoku's father was also nice. I wouldn't mind getting more details like that.

Last edited:
Replied to the CRTs.

I suggested an approach of using pulverization, though it has been rejected.
An argument can be made from no tilt being shown to explain the gap from a thin cut (which should create a noticable V shape, where the gap at the top is many times the size of the gap at the middle or bottom), there are small crushed bits at the bottom, and the base of the boulder appears too flat and wide to allow any significant tilting.

Would need to think about how the Hand Demon calc can be adjusted.

The reruns had new Taisho Secrets. One of them showed Giyu's backstory:

By animating small tidbits like these Ufo can get top-tier TV ratings from reruns 🙃.

Rui and Akaza's renders from the game:
FBY2jfHVQAQ0Uhk

FBY2jfFVcAkeTKx

Replied to the CRTs.

I suggested an approach of using pulverization, though it has been rejected.
An argument can be made from no tilt being shown to explain the gap from a thin cut (which should create a noticable V shape, where the gap at the top is many times the size of the gap at the middle or bottom), there are small crushed bits at the bottom, and the base of the boulder appears too flat and wide to allow any significant tilting.

Would need to think about how the Hand Demon calc can be adjusted.

The reruns had new Taisho Secrets. One of them showed Giyu's backstory:

By animating small tidbits like these Ufo can get top-tier TV ratings from reruns 🙃.

Rui and Akaza's renders from the game:
FBY2jfHVQAQ0Uhk

FBY2jfFVcAkeTKx

I already know of that calculation of yours and I also know the reasons for the rejection. I agree with you on the boulder halves not being tilted from a visual perspective. That being said that still leaves the counter arguments of sword slashes usually not pulverizing and there being possibly a mistake with the art. I consider the argument about sword slashes usually being clean to be a fairly sound one though I don't really consider the idea of there being a mistake with the art plausible. The possibility of this being an artistic choice to emphasize the gap between the halves seems more likely to me though I'd still prefer to consider in-universe explanations. Aspects of the boulder cutting feat that might be worth taking into consideration in my opinion are that Tanjiro cut the boulder across a length larger than his sword is which begs the question how hard he would need to swing his sword for that to work and the fact that the two halves might have been pushed apart by the force of Tanjiro's slash though looking at the picture it doesn't look like as if the lines on the boulder halves can be neatly joined together.

I'm not exactly knowledgeable when it comes to calculating feats but I think that the width of the arms involved in the feat would be relevant since they would be presumably connected with the Hand Demon's body underground which would have implications for how deep they were underground. There would also need to be a certain distance between the ground surface and the surface of these arms for there to be no noticeable disturbances on the ground and for Tanjiro to need his sense of smell to see the attack coming. The differences the anime version has in comparison to the manga might also be notable since we see one more arm and Tanjiro can be seen going further up into the air after the initial jump we see in the manga.

I saw these Taisho secrets on Youtube. They are a nice addition.

These are nice renders.

Last edited:
The Hand Demon sunk his hands into the ground during battle, before he launched them up, so maybe an argument can be made based on arm length.

Episode 2:
Qo3Eh3l.png

IaLg5jl.png

Opening:

Ending:

850f61b85c9363ea4d491d10f148764aa9acfa63.gifv

9F4e3M5.png

Franchise made an estimated trillion Yen or 8.75 billion US Dollars in revenue in 2020 (More than lifetime revenue of Bleach):

90% of profits is from merchandise.

Trailer for the Rui and Akaza DLC in the arena fighter dropped. Rui was able to cancel a combo without a support character, and both him and Akaza have a solo victory pose, so it seems that both of them will be made overpowered in gameplay at the cost of not being able to have a support character. Interesting decision. Guess there won't be an awkward special interactions between Kyojuro and Akaza after they team up.
They are releasing late October or early November.

Enmu and Susamaru+Yahaba (in a single character slot) seems like obvious choices for the upcoming demons.

Lifting strength standards got changed, so impact (including punching and kicking) to launch objects away no longer counts for Lifting Strength; now it needs grabbing or continous pushing/lifting.
If it didn't, it could upgraded Post-Rehab Inosuke due to this extra.
0062-026.png

No episode next week due to special programming (Japanese general elections).

There are claims that Tengen's Sound Breathing forms were datamined in the game's files. There is space for 7 characters, and six of them are demon DLC, and if the claims are true it would mean that the 7th character is Tengen. Not sure if they'll add Gyutaro/Daki without announcing a story DLC.

Lifting strength standards got changed, so impact (including punching and kicking) to launch objects away no longer counts for Lifting Strength; now it needs grabbing or continous pushing/lifting.
If it didn't, it could upgraded Post-Rehab Inosuke due to this extra.
0062-026.png

No episode next week due to special programming (Japanese general elections).

There are claims that Tengen's Sound Breathing forms were datamined in the game's files. There is space for 7 characters, and six of them are demon DLC, and if the claims are true it would mean that the 7th character is Tengen. Not sure if they'll add Gyutaro/Daki without announcing a story DLC.
Would be possible to get an ap calc via this extra ? , that is a very large tree and it seens to have smoke coming out of it

Would be possible to get an ap calc via this extra ? , that is a very large tree and it seens to have smoke coming out of it
That's a train car from the Mugen Train arc and not a tree.
Okay, that's a pity for the lifting strength ratings.

Would Mitsuri cutting lightning in chapter 122 be worth a calculation? Right now the verse is kind of dependent on Zenitsu for its Massively Hypersonic+ rating.

Last edited:
That rating should've been thrown out a while ago, the changes just never got implemented

It would yes, we need support evidence for the verse speed
Mitsuri also has feats of dodging lightning in chapter 123 and at the end of the chapter she presumably did so while also making sure that Genya, Nezuko and Tanjiro would be alright right after regaining consciousness. It's also worth noting that Tanjiro and Genya avoided getting hit by lightning strikes from Sekido in chapter 113 and 114 though it's hard to tell how much they moved since the lightning strikes only appear in single panels. There is also Nezuko running from the lightning while carrying Tanjiro in chapter 112 though they did get hit in the end. Also, in chapter 113 Tanjiro's sword turning red against Rui and Hantengu's emotion clones is noted to be the same as Yoriichi's blade turning red by both Tanjiro himself and the emotion clones with the emotion clones describing Tanjiro's sword with the traits Crimson Red Nichirin Katana are described which is kind of notable. That being said, he can only do that with Nezuko's help and can't do it on his own.

There is one thing that I've been thinking about because of the anime original episode focusing on Rengoku. The Slasher displayed the ability to easily move faster than the eye could see but Rengoku said that a Demon that ate 40 people would definitely be more formidable after he easily outsped and beheaded the Slasher. Would that make Demons who ate more than 40 people like the Hand Demon who ate 50 people in the Final Selections faster than the eye could see by default due to the anime being secondary canon?

Last edited:
Slasher seems to have Blood Demon Art that boosts his speed, so properly won't work for scaling. But anime has the temple fodder demon do this:
Nezuko_Kicks_Off_Demon_Head_%28Dub_Clip%29_Demon_Slayer_Kimetsu_No_Yaiba.gif

In the manga Sanemi's & Genya's mother who was newly turned appears to do a blitz, with Genya speculating that his siblings got cut up by a random wild animal:
0115-003.png

The Akaza & Rui DLC gets released in a few hours. Akaza's ultimate is the best looking so far.

Reportedly, prosecutors are looking to lock up Ufotable's founder for 20 months for the café tax evasion. Given the reputation of Japanese prosecutors (99% conviction rate), they will most likely make it happen.

Not much way of new cuts in the TV version of Mugen Train; good chance most of them are in the fights.

Slasher seems to have Blood Demon Art that boosts his speed, so properly won't work for scaling. But anime has the temple fodder demon do this:
Nezuko_Kicks_Off_Demon_Head_%28Dub_Clip%29_Demon_Slayer_Kimetsu_No_Yaiba.gif

In the manga Sanemi's & Genya's mother who was newly turned appears to do a blitz, with Genya speculating that his siblings got cut up by a random wild animal:
0115-003.png

The Akaza & Rui DLC gets released in a few hours. Akaza's ultimate is the best looking so far.

Reportedly, prosecutors are looking to lock up Ufotable's founder for 20 months for the café tax evasion. Given the reputation of Japanese prosecutors (99% conviction rate), they will most likely make it happen.

Not much way of new cuts in the TV version of Mugen Train; good chance most of them are in the fights.
Fodder demons speed is so weird , like thet go from being FTE to being perceived by normal humans

Slasher seems to have Blood Demon Art that boosts his speed, so properly won't work for scaling.
Rengoku referred to the demon's overall formidability though. That would technically include speed and Blood Demon Art. And the formidability is apparently significantly below that of a demon who ate 40 people, so demons who managed to eat that many must therefore generally be more difficult to deal with than the Slasher which can admittedly be due to various different factors as a result of the Blood Demon Arts.

Fodder demons speed is so weird , like thet go from being FTE to being perceived by normal humans
I guess you are referring to the Swamp Demon fight?

Rengoku referred to the demon's overall formidability though. That would technically include speed and Blood Demon Art. And the formidability is apparently significantly below that of a demon who ate 40 people, so demons who managed to eat that many must therefore generally be more difficult to deal with than the Slasher which can admittedly be due to various different factors as a result of the Blood Demon Arts.

I guess you are referring to the Swamp Demon fight?
Yep, also tanjiro reacting to nezuko on chapter 1

Yep, also tanjiro reacting to nezuko on chapter 1
Well, both the Temple Demon and the Swamp Demon have eaten people unlike Nezuko and Nezuko had only just awoken as a demon a few moments prior. I recall Tanjiro mentioning that Nezuko was getting stronger and that can presumably be applied to speed as well. According to Giyu she was severely starved and expended energy on healing her wounds, so that presumably didn't do her any good either. For a more direct comparison you can see that the Temple Demon's headless body was able to kick Nezuko around.

The father spider demon managed to hit Inosuke faster than he could react and see after shedding his skin, so shouldn't he and everyone scaling above him be High Hypersonic through scaling to the reactions?

Would Yushiro's talisman that allowed Tanjiro to see Yahaba's arrows be significant enough to be listed under Optional Equipment?

Also, there is some misunderstandings about Muichiro being stronger than Swordsmith Village Arc Tanjiro. Muichiro was stronger than Tanjiro only before Tanjiro went to train with the Zeroshiki.

Also, there is some misunderstandings about Muichiro being stronger than Swordsmith Village Arc Tanjiro. Muichiro was stronger than Tanjiro only before Tanjiro went to train with the Zeroshiki.
Chapter 104 explicitly says though that Tanjiro's reflexes are still slower than a Pillar's at that point in time. In chapter 106 Muichiro attacks Hantengu before Tanjiro does and when he cuts Hantengu's head off Tanjiro calls Muichiro fast. It does seem like as if Tanjiro is supposed to be still below Muichiro's level here. During the Pillar Training Muichiro doesn't seem to have any trouble keeping up with a Tanjiro he considers as faster than before with him actively giving Tanjiro encouragement and tips whereas Tanjiro seems to have a bit of a frantic expression here.

Back