• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gyokko (Upper Moon 5) VS Kyojuro Rengoku (The Flame Pillar)

If he isn't comparable to them and only scales to Akaza with death boost, Rengoku would be 8-C via scaling to Tengen correct? Or do we find his statement unusable?

He'd scale to Akaza with his near death boost thing right? Should that be mentioned on the profile or just ignored?

If he isn't comparable to them and only scales to Akaza with death boost, Rengoku would be 8-C via scaling to Tengen correct? Or do we find his statement unusable?

He'd scale to Akaza with his near death boost thing right? Should that be mentioned on the profile or just ignored?
If yoy are available in 12 hours we can discuss
it througly.

It's probably worth mentioning that Rengoku has Supernatural Willpower and Awakened Power listed on his profile.

Yes, I collected the panels. As soon as Akaza arrives on the battlefield, he attacks Tanjirou and rengoku reacts and cuts off his arm.
1660640541003.jpg

If you're not going to be the devil, die:

1660640694396.jpg

Rengoku is within range of him, but cannot react to the akaza (it can be seen from his facial expressions).
1660640788621.jpg

Rengoku gets serious and throws a punch as he starts to slit the akaza's neck, but rengoku grabs it.
1660640936424.jpg

I think these will suffice.

Evet, panelleri topladım. Akaza savaş alanına varır varmaz tanjirou'ya saldırır ve rengoku tepki verir ve kolunu keser:
1660640541003.jpg

Eğer şeytan olmazsan, die der ki:

1660640694396.jpg

Rengoku is within range of him, but cannot react to the akaz (it can be seen from his facial expressions).
1660640788621.jpg

Rengoku gets serious and throws a punch as he starts to slit the akaza's neck, but rengoku grabs it.
1660640936424.jpg

I think these will suffice.
Why did you use two different languages for this comment?

Also you all didn't answer my question. Rengoku's profile. "Akaza compares him to Marked Tanjiro and Giyu."

Can someone tell me where this is stated or implied? I'd like to see this for myself.
I didn't find this anywhere, In fact, Akaza insults his strength.
unknown.png

unknown.png
It's about him getting stronger than he already was and not about him being weak. Him actually insulting Rengoku's level of strength would contradict pretty much everything he said and thought in his fight against Rengoku.

I don't see how he is insulting his strength, he says he wouldn't be able to get stronger but that is something completely different. That isn't insulting his strength.

So if Akaza is holding back and nothing places Rengoku on par with Giyu and Tanjiro. Does he have any reason to be 8-B, likely 8-A?

Since the end of fight when the sun was coming up was just a in universe power boost that happens when near death right?

I'm not familiar with Demon Slayer beyond the anime, if I'm wrong about something please correct me.

I don't understand what you're saying. I literally said I agree and know that Akaza wasn't taking him seriously. How am I confusing you on this, why don't you understand what I'm saying. Akaza got serious when he was about to die. He isn't holding back when he had already punched through him, because he didn't want to burn to death.

Akaza can't hold back at that point because the sun was going to kill him. When did I say Akaza was fighting him at full power from the start? I don't understand you at all.

I see, my apologies then. I'm not super familiar with Demon Slayer beyond the anime. If this is true then a CRT should be made to downgrade Rengoku. His rating is incorrect.

Shouldn't ever single character have a higher rating when about to die or close to death in this case?

Also you all didn't answer my question. Rengoku's profile. "Akaza compares him to Marked Tanjiro and Giyu."

Can someone tell me where this is stated or implied? I'd like to see this for myself.
Oh alright then, my bad. My apologies.

I don't see how he is insulting his strength, he says he wouldn't be able to get stronger but that is something completely different. That isn't insulting his strength.

So if Akaza is holding back and nothing places Rengoku on par with Giyu and Tanjiro. Does he have any reason to be 8-B, likely 8-A?

Since the end of fight when the sun was coming up was just a in universe power boost that happens when near death right?

I'm not familiar with Demon Slayer beyond the anime, if I'm wrong about something please correct me.
He was insulting, mf was laughing about him and talking shit about his worldview, why would tanjiro get mad after??? Read the next chapters.

He was insulting, mf was laughing about him and talking shit about his worldview, why would tanjiro get mad after??? Read the next chapters.
Anime only.

I don't understand you, am I somehow confusing you? Because it seems like you never know what I'm talking about.

I never said he wasn't insulting him. I said he wasn't insulting his level of strength. Yes I obviously see Akaza is insulting his worldview and his lack of ability to grow stronger.

But those are completely different things and wasn't something I was arguing against.

Anime only.

I don't understand you, am I somehow confusing you? Because it seems like you never know what I'm talking about.

I never said he wasn't insulting him. I said he wasn't insulting his level of strength. Yes I obviously see Akaza is insulting his worldview and his lack of ability to grow stronger.

But those are completely different things and wasn't something I was arguing against.
Alright, I got a question, how is he going to counter his defense?

Rengoku

He is overall more skilled and should be faster and stronger via Profiles justification

I don't think rengoku got a death boost cuz isn't guaranted (is only possibility and i don't recall them getting a strength/speed boost outside of things like red blade and stw, and whatever it's not on the profile anywas)

Gyokko best shot is spamming needles but judging by the fact Base Muichiro didn't really had a issue dodging them until he had to save the kids and the fact he usually starts in the base that shouldn't be a issue until he transforms where Rengoku should get the kill by now

Rengoku was able to fight toe to toe agianst Akaza and nearly killed him despite sustaining lethal injures

the ****'s upper moon 5 gonna do against him

Back