• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
1) Marked Sanemi, Giyu and Tanjiro, along with Akaza are Likely 8-A rather than flat-out 8-A.

Marked Sanemi should not really have a definite 8-A like Marked Gyomei and Kokushibo, given that the best he could do was land a light cut on Kokushibo's neck and pin down his sword once. He was also more or less going to die from Kokushibo's attacks had Gyomei and Muichiro not saved him. So, only a Likely 8-A. This would scale to Marked Giyu and Tanjiro, along with Akaza.

2) Kyojuro should also have a Likely 8-A rather than just be 8-B.

While slightly outclassed, Kyojuro did manage to stop a punch from Akaza and cut his neck halfway (which is pretty deep). Akaza also puts him on a similar level of strength to Marked Giyu and Tanjiro. Thus, 8-B, likely 8-A.

3) Base Obanai should only be 8-C.

There is no indication that his base is comparable to Gyomei. If that was the case, then Kokushibo would have said something about that. At best, he should be 8-C, being portrayed as having a similar level of power as Base Mitsuri and training Tanjiro between the Swordsmith Village and Infinity Fortress Arcs.

4) The Transparent World only boosts speed, not strength. Thus, Tanjiro's 8-B and likely 8-A should be merged.

Seriously, I see no indication that Transparent World boosts strength, just speed. Besides, Tanjiro has actually shown the power to do damage to Akaza's neck even before accessing it, it is just that he can't get close enough to fully decapitate him.

5) Also involving Tanjiro's 8-B, likely 8-A: He is not just comparable to Inosuke and Kanao, but superior.

This is not just the bias regarding having the Hinokami Kagura. He has more ease moving the boulder than Inosuke can. Giyu has confirmed Tanjiro has reached a Pillar's level of power, while Kanao doesn't think that she and Inosuke have the strength of one.

Last edited:
I'm watching the thread but how is it that these revisions have apparently already been applied?

I made those edits alongside the thread. I was gladly going to revert it if someone told me to, but for a whole month I got no response.
Well, you've got a response now. Is it really alright to make those changes? They do seem reasonable to me but without prior approval applying them seems to be too early. Have you tried asking people to comment here? I've only just discovered this thread's existence and would have commented sooner if I knew about it.

Yeah, I do need more people to affirm this CRT. Recently, the main KNY discussion board got some traction. I think I will put a link there.

1) Marked Sanemi, Giyu and Tanjiro, along with Akaza are Likely 8-A rather than flat-out 8-A.

Marked Sanemi should not really have a definite 8-A like Marked Gyomei and Kokushibo, given that the best he could do was land a light cut on Kokushibo's neck and pin down his sword once. He was also more or less going to die from Kokushibo's attacks had Gyomei and Muichiro not saved him. So, only a Likely 8-A. This would scale to Marked Giyu and Tanjiro, along with Akaza.

2) Kyojuro should also have a Likely 8-A rather than just be 8-B.

While slightly outclassed, Kyojuro did manage to stop a punch from Akaza and cut his neck halfway (which is pretty deep). Akaza also puts him on a similar level of strength to Marked Giyu and Tanjiro. Thus, 8-B, likely 8-A.
Sanemi and Giyu upscale from Kanao who scales to severely weakened Doma's 8-B+. I think the addition of Demon Slayer Mark boost should make solid upscaling to 8-A reasonable.

3) Base Obanai should only be 8-C.

There is no indication that his base is comparable to Gyomei. If that was the case, then Kokushibo would have said something about that. At best, he should be 8-C, being portrayed as having a similar level of power as Base Mitsuri and training Tanjiro between the Swordsmith Village and Infinity Fortress Arcs.
I agree that comparision to Gyomei at base needs further justification, though an argument can made from parrying Muzan's strikes alongside Marked Giyu.
0183-010.png

He would be superior to Tengen since he said that it is unimpressive that he barely beat Upper Moon 6, and superior to Mitsuri since he wasn't shaken by Muzan's aura and wasn't put on the defensive as much as her.

4) The Transparent World only boosts speed, not strength. Thus, Tanjiro's 8-B and likely 8-A should be merged.

Seriously, I see no indication that Transparent World boosts strength, just speed. Besides, Tanjiro has actually shown the power to do damage to Akaza's neck even before accessing it, it is just that he can't get close enough to fully decapitate him.
On its own no, though the argument is that Tanjiro got a one-time AP boost against Akaza when he used his Transparent World, as his Demon Slayer Mark suddenly grew in size temporarily.
Demon_Slayer_Mark_Tanjiro_Image.jpg

Tanjiro never tested his ability to damage Akaza's neck, though he grew more confident after dodging casual Akaza's attack and cutting his arm with a lot of effort.

Sanemi and Giyu upscale from Kanao who scales to severely weakened Doma's 8-B+. I think the addition of Demon Slayer Mark boost should make solid upscaling to 8-A reasonable.

I agree that comparision to Gyomei at base needs further justification, though an argument can made from parrying Muzan's strikes alongside Marked Giyu.
0183-010.png

He would be superior to Tengen since he said that it is unimpressive that he barely beat Upper Moon 6, and superior to Mitsuri since he wasn't shaken by Muzan's aura and wasn't put on the defensive as much as her.

On its own no, though the argument is that Tanjiro got a one-time AP boost against Akaza when he used his Transparent World, as his Demon Slayer Mark suddenly grew in size temporarily.
Demon_Slayer_Mark_Tanjiro_Image.jpg

Tanjiro never tested his ability to damage Akaza's neck, though he grew more confident after dodging casual Akaza's attack and cutting his arm with a lot of effort.
That seems reasonable to me. I guess that means we could give Tanjiro a higher for after he attains Transparent World?

That seems reasonable to me. I guess that means we could give Tanjiro a higher for after he attains Transparent World?
It doesn't seem that the expanded Demon Slayer Mark was permanent, so I don't think it is neccessary.

Actually, Tanjiro managed to land a cut on Akaza's neck even before he uses the Transparent World, in Chapter 149:

12.jpg
Forgot about that.
Though it still doesn't prove that Tanjiro could entirely cut through Akaza's neck, especially since he severely struggled just to cut his arm, and Akaza was massively holding back in speed. It is possible to cut a bit into a demon's neck without being able to cut through (such as Rui's neck before Nezuko's Exploding Blood helped, and poisoned Gyutaro's neck); it just shows that the gap is not as large as Genya and Upper Moon 4.

Also, seems Kanao and Gyomei should join the list of characters with Reactive Power Level.
0157-018.png
0176-003.png

0183-010.png

Obanai is currently 8-C, so are we going to discuss that a bit more? Also, I've noticed that Obanai and Gyomei are 8-A with the Demon Slayer Mark whereas Giyu, Tanjiro and Sanemi are only likely 8-A. That should probably be discussed as well.

@Nehz_XZX

I put Base Obanai as 8-C because he has no indication of being on par with Gyomei. The only feats he has shown in base is training Tanjiro and being relatively comparable to Mitsuri.

Marked Gyomei is full-on 8-A due to decently wounding Kokushibo's neck (and then fully decapitating Kokushibo after Kokushibo regenerated his head).

Marked Obanai is full-on 8-A due to helping Tanjiro parry Muzan's arm whips (sometimes fending off all by himself), and cutting Muzan's neck twice.

I put Marked Sanemi, Marked Giyu and Pre-Sun Breathing Mastery Marked Tanjiro as likely 8-A, as Sanemi can only land a very tiny cut on Kokushibo's neck.

Also, now that I think about it, crushing Muzan's arm does not seem to be too great a feat, as even Inosuke can do it with a well-placed strike, as shown here.

Back