• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gyokko (Upper Moon 5) VS Kyojuro Rengoku (The Flame Pillar)

What if, instead of Akaza, Gyokko showed up on the Mugen Train?

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is not equal (May change if too unfair)
  • Battle Location: Derailed Mugen Train
  • Both in 8-B Keys (Since 8-A is only likely for Rengoku.)
  • Battle Music
  • Starting Distance: 15 Meters

Votes

Upper Moon 5: 1 (@Dread)

The Flame Pillar: 2 (@yqttlsx,@Chronicle )

Akaza Comes and donuts both (Inconclusive):

202151311344210_1.jpg

"Set your heart ablaze!"
3d380466303982e3fbdf6aa19a295151.jpg

"Hyo Hyo! You seem desperate. It's embarrassing.."

Last edited:
Well that was a very casual akaza, and he wouldnt even kill him. Even if he cut off hsi head hed just regrow it lol
There’s no indication that Akaza was going easy on Rengoku, in fact he was so impressed with him that he wanted to fight with him forever. That’s more than he said for Giyu, that’s for sure. I mean, the fight pretty much speaks for where Rengoku stands when was literally about to split Akaza’s head in two and there was fear in his eyes.

I personally don’t believe that Akaza could regrow his head during the fight with Rengoku, but I will admit that my view’s pretty much headcanon and I won’t fight on it.

Akaza attempted to punch Rengoku when he realized the sun was coming up and he was able to stop it. Akaza couldn't break free of Rengoku's grip and had to rip his own arms off to escape. Rengoku almost cut through Akaza's neck as well, the most durable part of a demon's body.

At this point no one can say Akaza was holding back period. Because he's frantic and doesn't want to die via sunlight. He even states Rengoku has unbelievable power. Makes sense why he'd say that, since Rengoku is a human and he is holding him back with raw strength.

Laughing and having fun doesn't equal holding back your power. Just means they're having fun with what is going on. By itself that shouldn't mean someone is holding back. Of course they can be holding back as well, but Akaza vs Rengoku doesn't really have any mention that he was suppressing himself. Especially by the end of the fight.

As his own profile states, Rengoku is comparable to Akaza.

Akaza attempted to punch Rengoku when he realized the sun was coming up and he was able to stop it. Akaza couldn't break free of Rengoku's grip and had to rip his own arms off to escape. Rengoku almost cut through Akaza's neck as well, the most durable part of a demon's body.

At this point no one can say Akaza was holding back period. Because he's frantic and doesn't want to die via sunlight. He even states Rengoku has unbelievable power. Makes sense why he'd say that, since Rengoku is a human and he is holding him back with raw strength.

Laughing and having fun doesn't equal holding back your power. Just means they're having fun with what is going on. By itself that shouldn't mean someone is holding back. Of course they can be holding back as well, but Akaza vs Rengoku doesn't really have any mention that he was suppressing himself. Especially by the end of the fight.

As his own profile states, Rengoku is comparable to Akaza.
Well of course. When he realized he was in danger, He got serious. But even then, He still managed to escape. And he wouldn't be the reason for Akaza’s death, it’d be the sun.

The entire reason i say he was not serious is that he didnt even use any of his leg forms.

He used 1-2 Forms and that was it. He didnt want rengoku to die and he said this himself. He was trying to avoid killing blows on him and we see this because after he punches his eye he stops, trying to make him a demon again.

I think Akaza was somewhat holding back against Rengoku due to him not using his leg techniques. Though Rengoku should beat Gyokko here. He has enough strength to decapitate him and should have the speed advantage.

I think Akaza was somewhat holding back against Rengoku due to him not using his leg techniques. Though Rengoku should beat Gyokko here. He has enough strength to decapitate him and should have the speed advantage.
That’s debatable. Muichiro is faster than rengoku, and gyokko reacted to marked muichiro a little.

That’s debatable. Muichiro is faster than rengoku, and gyokko reacted to marked muichiro a little.
Doesn't Rengoku's justification in the Speed section say that he is comparable to Akaza though? That would make him faster than Gyokko by default unless you want to say that Akaza is slower than Gyokko.

Doesn't Rengoku's justification in the Speed section say that he is comparable to Akaza though? That would make him faster than Gyokko by default unless you want to say that Akaza is slower than Gyokko.
And honestly i dont know why. This would mean Rengoku > Marked Giyuu, Tanjiro without selfless state lol. He slammed them both pretty easily

Rengoku can be slower than serious marked Muichiro (7th Form) and still be faster than casual marked Mui and Gyakko. When marked Mui was serious, he blitzed and one-shot Gyakko.

Also yeah, Akaza is faster than Gyokko by default. Rengoku was equal to Azaka in speed and Akaza was even surprised by his speed.

And honestly i dont know why. This would mean Rengoku > Marked Giyuu, Tanjiro without selfless state lol. He slammed them both pretty easily
Well, it is just a speed justification and I'd assume that Rengoku's Attack Potency is still below a Marked Giyu's.

Holding back with skills has nothing to do with what I'm was talking about. Yeah he didn't use all of his techniques.

But Akaza had no reason to hold back his raw physical ability when he was about to die. And he couldn't break out of Rengoku's grip and had to rip his own limbs off to escape. In terms of physical ability, not skill or technique, Rengoku and Akaza are comparable to each other. Even says so on their profiles.

What if, instead of Akaza, Gyokko showed up on the Mugen Train?

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is not equal (May change if too unfair)
  • Battle Location: Derailed Mugen Train
  • Both in 8-B Keys (Since 8-A is only likely for Rengoku.)
  • Battle Music
  • Starting Distance: 15 Meters

Votes

Upper Moon 5:

The Flame Pillar:

Akaza Comes and donuts both (Inconclusive):

202151311344210_1.jpg

"Set your heart ablaze!"
3d380466303982e3fbdf6aa19a295151.jpg

"Hyo Hyo! You seem desperate. It's embarrassing.."
i will vote rengoku, bc akaza feats

Yes, but how will that block an omnidirectional spike release from the fish?
Unless Rengoku is outright surrounded by them it shouldn't be omnidirectional though it would indeed be difficult if Rengoku finds himself in that sort of situation.

Unless Rengoku is outright surrounded by them it shouldn't be omnidirectional though it would indeed be difficult if Rengoku finds himself in that sort of situation.
And its in character for Gyokko to tp around his opponent releasing attacks

Back