• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

I agree
Also In said CRT I also feel a young rengoku key and Post Pillar training Zenitsu’s possible rating should be discussed
Also Maybe if Kokushibo deserves a Likely 8-A
Can Tanjirou headbutting Sanemi be used as evidence for the durability of his head scaling above Sanemi's head?
It's fairly minor by comparison but we might want to include Tanjiro's head's durability as well.

Lifting Strength calculations
Contacting DemonGodMitchAubin
Young Rengoku key and scaling
Zenitsu's scaling
Possible Kokushibo Tier rating adjustments
Tanjiro's head's durability

That should be everything that we would want to cover.

Yeah I guess we need current opinions on that calc
If it is valid or if it gets re calced and gets similar results that likely changes scaling quite a bit
Since a lot of currently 9-A characters would scale to it although the ones who scale and probably be mentioned in the Crt

Off the top of my head I can think of Muichiro
Post Zeroshiki Tanjiro
Post Pillar Training Zenitsu
Possibly Tengen
The individual emotion clones

Last edited:
I also have some thoughts regarding the speed scaling. The Spider Demon Father launched a punch faster than Inosuke could react and Inosuke stated that he couldn't see him. Inosuke's speed rating gives him High Hypersonic reactions from which the Spider Demon Father's general speed would upscale and Rui would scale above that in turn. There is also Tengen cutting off Daki's head before she even noticed anything.

Regarding Tengen, I think that there would be some evidence for him scaling to Massively Hypersonic+. The manga made a point of noting that Mitsuri's techniques are even faster than Tengen's when we already have seen Giyu, Shinobu, Kyojuro and Muichiro in action at that point. There is also the fact that Kaigaku had the spot of Upper Moon 6 despite there having been no known replacement for Upper Moon 5 at the time which would imply that he was overall significantly inferior to the likes of Gyokko, Hantengu and possibly even the Upper Moon 6 siblings. Keep in mind that while Kaigaku was established as slower than Zenitsu and got blitzed in the end he was still able to hurt him.

Last edited:
I also have some thoughts regarding the speed scaling. The Spider Demon Father launched a punch faster than Inosuke could react and Inosuke stated that he couldn't see him. Inosuke's speed rating gives him High Hypersonic reactions from which the Spider Demon Father's general speed would upscale and Rui would scale above that in turn. There is also Tengen cutting off Daki's head before she even noticed anything.

Regarding Tengen, I think that there would be some evidence for him scaling to Massively Hypersonic+. The manga made a point of noting that Mitsuri's techniques are even faster than Tengen's when we already have seen Giyu, Shinobu, Kyojuro and Muichiro in action at that point. There is also the fact that Kaigaku had the spot of Upper Moon 6 despite there having been no known replacement for Upper Moon 5 at the time which would imply that he was overall significantly inferior to the likes of Gyokko, Hantengu and possibly even the Upper Moon 6 siblings. Keep in mind that while Kaigaku was established as slower as Zenitsu and got blitzed in the end he was still able to hurt him.
I agree with that pillars in general being Massively Hypersonic as it’s just consistent
Although personally I think Kaigaku should be comparable to the upper moon siblings not largely inferior

Guess that’s another thing worth bringing up in a CRT still need more opinions
This CRT is feeling longer and longer as we speak.

I agree with that pillars in general being Massively Hypersonic as it’s just consistent
Although personally I think Kaigaku should be comparable to the upper moon siblings not largely inferior

Guess that’s another thing worth bringing up in a CRT still need more opinions
This CRT is feeling longer and longer as we speak.
Kaigaku being inferior to the Upper Moon siblings is simply a possibility. It's probably better to consider them comparable in power and speed for scaling purposes.

The CRT is going to get even longer. I found two unfinished CRT's for Kimetsu no Yaiba from before the forum move.

Kaigaku being inferior to the Upper Moon siblings is simply a possibility. It's probably better to consider them comparable in power and speed for scaling purposes.

The CRT is going to get even longer. I found two unfinished CRT's for Kimetsu no Yaiba from before the forum move.
And to think this whole Crt planning basically started as
“Hey remember those lifting strength calcs”
We’re gonna have a mountain worth of Crt I suppose.

With this we have:

Zenitsu's scaling
Gyutaro's blood tornadoes
The speed scaling
Kinetic energy for Zenitsu
Shockwave Generation for Demon Slayers
An update for Muzan's range

With this we have:

Zenitsu's scaling
The speed scaling
Ok, I think we finally have everything needs to be covered
I swear if there is anymore than this

That was one of the Hypersonic Zenitsu calcs I said should be added on his page
There was also another one which resulted in Mach 7
ill make sure to bring them up since they’re basically already accepted Its just about having them added.
Didn't Antvasima say in the comment section that we should ask for another evaluation to be sure? There is also the fact that Damage3245 thinks that another end with Peak Human reactions should be made.

Didn't Antvasima say in the comment section that we should ask for another evaluation to be sure? There is also the fact that Damage3245 thinks that another end with Peak Human reactions should be made.
Oh right I missed that although personally I’d be a bigger fan of Superhuman Reactions being used due to even fodder demons being immensely superior to normal-peak humans ignoring Demon Slayers.I’ll still bring up the calcs tho and ask for general stances on them.

Oh right I missed that although personally I’d be a bigger fan of Superhuman Reactions being used due to even fodder demons being immensely superior to normal-peak humans ignoring Demon Slayers.I’ll still bring up the calcs tho and ask for general stances on them.
Superhuman Reactions is also what I brought up in the comment section.

With this we have:

Zenitsu's scaling
The speed scaling
Ok update so far I’m mostly done with the crt I’ve covered Lifting strength, Young Rengoku, Zenitsu, Kokushibo, Gyutaro, Zenitsu KE and Shockwave generation

I’m mainly just waiting on Mitch about the Lifting strength and also asked about the blood tornado calc gotta make sure I’m correct

So expect it to be ready in 6-8 hours

Ok update so far I’m mostly done with the crt I’ve covered Lifting strength, Young Rengoku, Zenitsu, Kokushibo, Gyutaro, Zenitsu KE and Shockwave generation

I’m mainly just waiting on Mitch about the Lifting strength and also asked about the blood tornado calc gotta make sure I’m correct

So expect it to be ready in 6-8 hours
Okay.

Lol, I have more than what is listed (might have even forgotten some).

Basically everyone gets Battle Spirit (Overwhelming Aura that causes Fear Manipulation and Paralysis, and even internal bleeding). The databook says that Rengoku's powerful Battle Spirit overwhelms others, so this is the same as the aura Akaza sees and the overwhelming fear pressure characters keep mentioning.

Basically everyone gets Extrasensory Perception (Able to sense the presence of others and malicious intent). This is supported by Enmu being sneaky because Demon Slayers might sense his malevolence even when they are asleep, Lower Moons talking about sensing Muzan's aura, Muichiro sensing Nezuko's presence, and Muzan sensing the presence of Pillars.

All Demon Slayers get Resistance to: Poison and Biological Manipulation. Supported by Zenitsu resisting the Spider Brother's poison, Inosuke and Tengen resisting Gyutaro's poison, and the Pillar's resisting Muzan's blood (Demon Slayer Mark boosts this further). Also, normal people can transform into demons within seconds, but Breath users require a few days.

All Demon Slayers get Resistance to: Acid Manipulation, since a fodder chad like Murata was fine after it melted his durable clothes.

Some Demon Slayers (Gyomei, Sanemi, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kanao) get Invisibility with Yushiro's talisman, since they used it before which makes the presence concealment talisman optional equipment.

Genya gets Stealth since he is confident enough to attempt sneak attacking Upper Moons. It is also shown that Daki is good at hiding her presence, and Kyojuro said the same about the demon in his dream.

Genya also gets Statistical Amplification, since he gets a power boost after reciting a prayer, which he later explains to be his Repetitive Action trigger.

The most skilled characters gets Instinctive Reaction. Scaling from Kyojuro's danger-sense feat, Mitsuri, and Tanjiro. Also, Zenitsu I guess.

Akaza gets Sound Manipulation for hurting Tanjiro's ear with his scream when Tanjiro was a considerable distance away.

Kokushibou gets Danmaku for obvious reasons.

Upgrading Muzan's regeneration to Low-High, as we've seen him form his scarred limbs from just his blood (cool foreshadowing), there is also the statement that Yoriichi's sword created wounds that continue to burn him on a cellular level.

Muzan gets Power Absorption and Soul Manipulation and Memory Manipulation linked to his Absorption, as he was going to use this to gain Nezuko's sun immunity, and he was able to talk with Tamayo's ghost before reading her memories.

The Curse Manipulation/Telepathy/Power Bestowal for Muzan could be formatted in a better and more concise manner.

Muzan gets Air Manipulation, since he is able to create small whirlwinds that pull his opponents with his tentacle mouths.

There is a pretty good chance that Enmu's flesh pillars expansion feat in the movie is Tier 8. So we should be keeping an eye on that.

Doma said that the five clones he casually made are as powerful as him (and he was contemplating sending them to kill off the Pillars), this can qualify as a low multiplier, as this would be his full potential. At minimum he should get a possibly 8-A

Iffy about a young Rengoku key, but if there is one it should be "Pre-Pillar" or something to that effect, ignoring his first mission.

Don't agree with The Calca's recalc, as the second attempt skips the scan where the attack was centimeters from Tanjiro's eye. The best method to calc the scan have it at Hypersonic, and the simplifications within it are reasonable.

For the Zenitsu calcs, Peak Human perceptions are way too low. Bottom of the barrel fodder demons are FTE, as shown by the newly transformed Sanemi's mother and the Temple Demon.

0115-003.png
Nezuko_Kicks_Off_Demon_Head_%28Dub_Clip%29_Demon_Slayer_Kimetsu_No_Yaiba.gif

The Spider Family scale higher. Higher than the Tongue Demon who Zenitus blitzed and the Horned Demon who Inosuke blitzed.
The Tongue Demon and the Horned Demon were considered rivals to Kyogai who spams sound slashes. Tanjiro pretty much stomped Kyogai once he figured out how to move without aggravating his injuries.

0024-007.png

The Spider Brother had no trouble countering Zenitsu's normal Thunderclap and Flash, so Transonic reactions fits.

Some bonus speed feats:

Tanjiro_using_Third_Form_Flowing_Dance_on_Susamaru.gif

This can easily yield MHS or MHS+ with snail speed. Obviously an outlier, but it conveys that Tanjiro is very fast compared to Lower Moon candidates.

There is also Giyu tying up Inosuke with a rope and then tying the rope to a tree trunk before Inosuke can perceive it. Will require some thinking/research to figure out the arm and walking movement needed, but can yield something high.

Oricon's annual manga sales list is out; here is a cool chart to visualize the madness.

rgAPtvY.jpg

Spirited Away's domestic gross record will likely get broken next week.

The mobile game is supposed to come out this year, so assuming no delays we should get renders that are cooler than Monster Strike's or the anime's concept art.

Last edited:

Basically everyone gets Battle Spirit (Overwhelming Aura that causes Fear Manipulation and Paralysis, and even internal bleeding). The databook says that Rengoku's powerful Battle Spirit overwhelms others, so this is the same as the aura Akaza sees and the overwhelming fear pressure characters keep mentioning.

Basically everyone gets Extrasensory Perception (Able to sense the presence of others and malicious intent). This is supported by Enmu being sneaky because Demon Slayers might sense his malevolence even when they are asleep, Lower Moons talking about sensing Muzan's aura, Muichiro sensing Nezuko's presence, and Muzan sensing the presence of Hashira.

All Demon Slayers get Resistance to: Poison and Biological Manipulation. Supported by Zenitsu resisting the Spider Brother's poison, Inosuke and Tengen resisting Gyutaro's poison, and the Pillar's resisting Muzan's blood (Demon Slayer Mark boosts this further). Also, normal people can transform into demons within seconds, but Breath users require a few days.

All Demon Slayers get Resistance to: Acid Manipulation, since a fodder chad like Murata was fine after it melted his durable clothes.

Genya gets Stealth since he is confident enough to attempt sneak attacking Upper Moons. It is also shown that Daki is good at hiding her presence, and Kyojuro said the same about the demon in his dream.

Genya also gets Statistical Amplification, since he gets a power boost after reciting a prayer, which he later explains to be his Repetitive Action trigger.

The most skilled characters gets Instinctive Reaction. Scaling from Kyojuro's danger-sense feat, Mitsuri, and Tanjiro. Also, Zenitsu I guess.

Akaza gets Sound Manipulation for hurting Tanjiro's ear with his scream when Tanjiro was a considerable distance away.

Upgrading Muzan's regeneration to Low-High, as we've seen him form his scarred limbs from just his blood (cool foreshadowing), there is also the statement that Yoriichi's sword created wounds that continue to burn him on a cellular level.

Muzan gets Power Absorption and Soul Manipulation linked to his Absorption, as he was going to use this to gain Nezuko's sun immunity, and he was able to talk with Tamayo's ghost before reading her memories.

Muzan gets Air Manipulation, since he is able to create small whirlwinds that pull his opponents with his tentacle mouths.

There is a good chance that Enmu's flesh pillars expansion feat in the movie is Tier 8. So we should be keeping an eye on that.

Doma said that the five clones he casually made are as powerful as him (and he was contemplating sending them to kill off the Pillars), this can qualify as a low multiplier, as this would be his full potential. At minimum he should get a possibly 8-A

Iffy about a young Rengoku key, but if there is one it should be "Pre-Pillar" or something to that effect, ignoring his first mission.

Don't agree with The Calca's recalc, as the second attempt skips the scan where the attack was centimeters from Tanjiro's eye. The best method to calc the scan have it at Hypersonic, and the simplifications within it are reasonable.

For the Zenitsu calcs, Peak Human perceptions are way too low. Bottom of the barrel fodder demons are FTE, as shown by the newly transformed Sanemi's mother and the Temple Demon.

0115-003.png

The Spider Family scale higher. Higher than the Tongue Demon who Zenitus blitzed and the Horned Demon who Inosuke blitzed.
The Tongue Demon and the Horned Demon were considered rivals to Kyogai who spams sound slashes. Tanjiro pretty much stomped Kyogai once he figured out how to move without aggravating his injuries.

0024-007.png

The Spider Brother had no trouble countering Zenitsu's normal Thunderclap and Flash, so Transonic reactions fits.

Some bonus speed feats:

Don't agree with Calca's recalc, as the second attempt skips the scan where the attack was centimeters from Tanjiro's eye. The best method to calc this scan have it at Hypersonic, and it would be consistent with Zenitsu's two calcs.

This can easily yield MHS or MHS+ with snail speed. Obviously an outlier, but it conveys that Tanjiro is very fast compared to Lower Moon candidates.

There is also Giyu tying up Inosuke with a rope and then tying the rope to a tree trunk before Inosuke can perceive it. Will require some thinking/research to figure out the arm and walking movement needed, but can yield something high.

Oricon's annual manga sales list is out; here is a cool chart to visualize the madness.

rgAPtvY.jpg

The mobile game is supposed to come out this year, so assuming no delays we should get renders that are cooler than Monster Strike's or the anime's concept art.
Seems like as if this is going to be a quite massive CRT. Demon Slayers getting Resistance to Poison Manipulation reminds me of something else. I think that there is some evidence for demons generally having resistance to poison. Shinobu specifically notes that her poison can kill demons which would imply that regular poison isn't as effective as hers. Murata also takes note of that during the segment at the end of episode 20. This page suggests that demons have a poison resistance that correlates with a demon's power. Something that Shinobu's thoughts during her battle against Doma support. Shinobu also can change the poison compound she uses through her sheath which implies that she needed to do that in the past or thought that she would need it.

I'd also like to take note that Akaza, Doma and Kokushibo's justifications for their Resistance against Fear Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement are worded in a way that suggests that the Demon Moons' auras generally have that sort of effect. While Akaza and Kokushibo have these abilities listed, this isn't the case for Doma. Either Doma is missing those abilities for some reason or the wording of the justifications for the Resistance needs to be changed.

Basically everyone gets Extrasensory Perception (Able to sense the presence of others and malicious intent). This is supported by Enmu being sneaky because Demon Slayers might sense his malevolence even when they are asleep, Lower Moons talking about sensing Muzan's aura, Muichiro sensing Nezuko's presence, and Muzan sensing the presence of Hashira.

Muzan gets Power Absorption and Soul Manipulation linked to his Absorption, as he was going to use this to gain Nezuko's sun immunity, and he was able to talk with Tamayo's ghost before reading her memories.

There is a good chance that Enmu's flesh pillars expansion feat in the movie is Tier 8. So we should be keeping an eye on that.

0115-003.png

0024-007.png

Some bonus speed feats:

Don't agree with Calca's recalc, as the second attempt skips the scan where the attack was centimeters from Tanjiro's eye. The best method to calc this scan have it at Hypersonic, and it would be consistent with Zenitsu's two calcs.

rgAPtvY.jpg

Question about the maybe tier 8 Enmu feat from the movie if it does get calced would Enmu be able to get a page(Although this is thinking really long term the movie will take a while)

The CRT thread got bumped. Lets see if we can keep it burning 🔥😊🎆

Shouldn't take much to make an Enmu profile, though it would be preferable for the feat to get calc'd before that.

Some cool illustrations from the TV rebroadcast:
Epq2EuYUwAASj67

dToUDNx.png

More here.

20201220_224706.jpg

Illustration of Kintama no Yaiba, from the author of Gintama:
EpldlRxUYAIGhEf

The movie is estimated to have broken Spirited Away's record for Japanese box office revenue this weekend. Official announcement should come soon.

The mobile game got delayed, so more waiting for the swell renders.

A multiplier statement was found, which can drastically change the scaling. Check it out in the CRT.

Leaked footage of the live-action movie:

A theater website listed the NA movie release at 26th of February:

It is possible that the date itself is in error, and if it isn't then it is subject to delay depending on how the pandemic progresses.

Rest of the Gintama movie bonus art:
ErLV_ORWMAIXW0d
ErLWBKxXIAI2Av4
ErLWB30XYAEJNaw
ErLWEfxXIAA2nHn
ErLWFrlXcAEXK5s
ErLWGDiW8AQ3sh5
ErLWGkZW8AAAQu2

An extra calcable speed feat:
0052-009.png
0052-010.png
0052-011.png

A blitz with a return trip to the original position from a long distance. Probably MHS with transonic reactions.

Fanbook/Databook #2 is out! You can browse it here.

Artbook is also out, though so far only a few cam pics are out.

RtyalQy.jpg

February 14th is the annual KimetsuFesta, so we will probably get a season 2 announcement. Would be pretty dumb if Ufotable sold out and tried to split arcs into movies. Ufotable also made four Demon Slayer Academy episodes which will air in the 14th.

In Kimetsu Gakuen Muzan is a corrupt politician trying to take over Japan, and Kokushibou is his secretary (though he is mistaken for his bodyguard) who is rumored to be trained by US special forces and to be a master of Iaido and someone deadly with his barehands. Nakime is Muzan's spy and the vice principle of the Demon Slayer Academy, and Kaikagu joined the academy as Muzan's spy as well.

Turns out that Tanjiro's mother knew about the Blue Spider Lily, and it grows in her backyard. So the spider lily in Tanjiro's flashback against Rui is blue. Gotouge also made sure to hammer in that there is no cash-in sequel; in the time of the epilogue the Blue Spider Lilies died out in the wild due to nearby plants getting harvested, and no seeds remain after the research team messed up the specific dirt/water composition which resulted in global criticism. It is explicitly stated that since Muzan died no new demons can be created. Muzan also had human spies searching for the Blue Spider Lily. Muzan had the deck stacked against him; a plant that blooms for a few hours during the day in the summer?

Sun Breathing is passed down to Kanata and Sumiko, and they perform a dance once a year. The other Breathing forms are also passed down as dances.

Nakime's backstory is that she was a biwa player married to a man who wastes his money gambling. One day her husband sold the nice kimono she wears for her performances so he can keep gambling, and an angry Nakime killed him. Afterwards she wore a shabby kimono and went to perform, and was well received. She then started a habit of murdering someone before her performances (as a good luck charm), and one day she tried to kill Muzan. She failed, but Muzan liked her and turned her.

Gyokko's backstory is that he lived near the coast and collected fish carcasses and weird objects he finds, and one day he found the waterlogged corpses of his parents. His village ignored him except for a kid who was bullying him, and Gyokko murdered him and stuffed him in a jar because he was inspired by how beautiful he found his parent's waterlogged corpses looked. The bully's parents stabbed Gyokko's eyes and left him for dead, but Muzan found him and turned him into a demon. Gyokko ate his bully's corpse and was obsessed by how beautiful jars look.

Three of the nine Uzui siblings died before they were ten due to the brutal training they received, then Tengen's father had his sons wear masks and then forced them to try killing each other to weed out the weaklings. Tengen killed two of his brothers before he figured out who he is fighting in his father's 'test'. He then left his clan with his wives. He thought about destroying his clan, but couldn't bring himself to kill his father and brothers.

Yushiro is waiting for Tamayo to reincarnate. Solidifies him as a bigger simp than Zenitsu.

The third lightnovel got translated last month; it has Sanemi vs Upper Moon 1.

Preview pics for the console game. It is confirmed for PS4, PS5, XBO, and PC. (lol, no XBSX or XBSS)
EtXF0IeXYAQRQhK

The magazine pics are leaked a few days early, so maybe a proper trailer will be released in a couple of days, if not then in KimetsuFesta in the 14th.

Some Japanese campaign designers came with the strategy of:
How do you do, fellow kids?

Do you like Demon Slayer? Do you like Tanjiro?

Then vote for these two politicians.

Thank you.

EtXzrF6U0AIEFXP

The CRT is ongoing, and I am working on a sandbox to summarize proposed changes.

This is honestly very rare, Demon Slayer got huge and is now gonna be milked to death, but the manga already ended, It'll be interesting to see how Demon Slayer progresses in the community

Also, Gotouge initially was thinking about ending the series in 15 volumes, but the editor said that it is too low and should end at 20 volumes.

Gotouge also made a comment that they are interested in making a sci-fi romantic comedy someday. The statement is talking about something to happen long-term, so if Gotouge already started working on a new project that will run sometime soon (as implied by the 'look forward to Gotouge's next work' in the final chapter, and the editor saying that Gotouge works very fast) then it is probably not a sci-fi romcom.

Season 2 announced for 2021. Adapting the Red Light District, so 1 cour. First PV:

Gameplay shown of Tanjiro's voice actor vs Zenitsu's voice actor:

Interesting bit from the databook/fanbook is that Rui is actually as powerful as Lower Moon 2 or 1, but he didn't care about ranking and didn't challenge to raise his number. If Rui didn't split his power to give it to his family, Muzan was hopeful that he might be able to defeat a Pillar, and if Rui died before his family did then they will lose their spider powers.

Last edited:
Season 2 announced for 2021. Adapting the Red Light District, so 1 cour. First PV:

Gameplay shown of Tanjiro's voice actor vs Zenitsu's voice actor:

Interesting bit from the databook/fanbook is that Rui is actually as powerful as Lower Moon 2 or 1, but he didn't care about ranking and didn't challenge to raise his number. If Rui didn't split his power to give it to his family, Muzan was hopeful that he might be able to defeat a Pillar, and if Rui died before his family did then they will lose their spider powers.

Finally a PV for Demon Slayer S2 and very obviously it looks great

Very interesting in Rui’s case so actually Tanjiro wondering if Enmu’s fake body was weaker than Rui wasn’t a unintentional scoff at him, it makes Giyuu stomping him a lot cooler in hindsight too.

Finally a PV for Demon Slayer S2 and very obviously it looks great

Very interesting in Rui’s case so actually Tanjiro wondering if Enmu’s fake body was weaker than Rui wasn’t a unintentional scoff at him, it makes Giyuu stomping him a lot cooler in hindsight too.
Tanjiro wondered about Enmu's fake body being weaker?

Back