• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
A good number of Kimetsu no Yaiba profiles feature Extrasensory Perception. Among these profiles are all of our demon slayer profiles, Daki, Nezuko, Muzan, Hantengu, Kokushibo and Doma with the justification being: Able to sense the presence of others and malicious intent. The manga does indeed have evidence for characters being able to sense presences and derive information from it.

The first demon Tanjiro and Nezuko encounter together in the series in chapter 2 remarks on having had a strange feeling because of Nezuko being a demon. Spider Demon Sister from the Natagumo Mountain arc remarked in chapter 38 that Nezuko had the presence of a demon. In chapter 43 Shinobu began charging for an attack on Nezuko from what appears to be a considerable distance even though Nezuko is lying on the ground with Tanjiro's body mostly blocking the view on her from the direction she was coming from. According to Enmu in chapter 55 there are demon slayers who can sense the bloodlust of demons. This is further exemplified by Rengoku's body detecting the presence of a girl trying to destroy his spiritual core without bloodlust and instinctively reacting accordingly in chapter 56. There is also Rengoku commenting on the auras of the Pillars in the Rengoku Gaiden. Tengen mentions having a bad feeling in chapter 72 which is in line with Muzan stating in chapter 74 that Pillars would sense that there are demons in the entertainment district right away. In chapter 79 Daki's sash was able to recognize Tengen as a Pillar based on his presence. Hantengu was stated to have hidden his presence in chapter 106 which caused Tanjiro and Muichiro not to realize that he was a demon before they saw him even though they noticed that someone was there. Another noteworthy thing from the same chapter is that they immediately realized that Hantengu was an Upper Moon even though the number was inside out and therefore not visible for them. Muichiro noticed Gyokko in chapter 110 even though he was in a pot among the bushes. Muzan was able to sense the presences of humans approaching from a considerable distance in chapter 138. Yushiro was not recognized as a demon when he disguised himself as one of the demon slayers in chapter 146 even though he felt odd to them with that being explicitly due to Tamayo being the one who made him one which indicates that demon slayers can generally sense if someone is a demon. Inosuke stated in a flashback from chapter 150 that he could sense the murderous intent of those who look at him.

Since all demon slayers and even a fodder demon are capable of sensing feats like this we can probably safely apply this on all the Kimetsu no Yaiba profiles that don't have it. I'd also like to change the justifications a bit to reflect the things they can do with it more and perhaps mention feats they performed in that context.

Last edited:
You should add the respective scans for the chapters. Tough, the changes seem fine, from my knowledge.

You should add the respective scans for the chapters. Tough, the changes seem fine, from my knowledge.
Sorry for the lack of scans. Most of this was typed out on the mobile phone which was a bit of a chore and I figured simply noting where these feats could be found would be enough especially since there is quite a number of them. I'm rather unfamiliar with Imgur, so I'd need to rely on uploading the pictures on the Wiki if I want to add them, so should I just go ahead with that?

This is more like Enhanced Sense feat to me
If I'm not wrong, then you probably mean with Enhanced Senses this specific variation of it:
  • Extra Senses: Some characters have completely new senses not possessed by humans, an example of this in real life is the ability of some animal species to sense magnetic fields. Other extra senses can include the ability to sense things in different dimensions, distortions in time and space, the thoughts of other beings, the future, the past, quantum activity, magical energies, forms of life energy like ki, computer data, etc.
    • Note - This is not to be confused with Extrasensory Perception, as this ability must involve the use of one of the standard five senses, or any other sensory organs, in order to qualify.
This particular ability isn't really mentioned in the manga to be the product of any of the standard five senses and based on how Pillars and Upper Moons can be recognized based on their presence and aura as well as the instances of detecting presences in the environment I'd say that it falls under possible uses of Extrasensory Perception like Enhanced Sight and Power Reading.

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of scans. Most of this was typed out on the mobile phone which was a bit of a chore and I figured simply noting where these feats could be found would be enough especially since there is quite a number of them. I'm rather unfamiliar with Imgur, so I'd need to rely on uploading the pictures on the Wiki if I want to add them, so should I just go ahead with that?
No problem; it should be fine to upload the images on the wiki and link them here.

I largely agree with Nehz XZX's points on Extrasensory Perception. There are no descriptions of another sense being used for the sensing feat so the ability should be Extrasensory Perception.

Don’t some of these qualify for information analysis? Like knowing right away who a person is based off their appearances

Don’t some of these qualify for information analysis? Like knowing right away who a person is based off their appearances
Well, they are shown to be capable of telling humans and demons apart and recognize Pillars and Upper Moons but I don't recall there being an instance where that has been used to tell someone's exact identity.

"A basic analysis can grant only rudimentary data on the target, such as their level of strength, speed, durability, or intelligence, while more powerful analyses can grant extensive information on the target's abilities and even personal history." (Information Analysis)

If anything does qualify for Information Analysis, then it would only be for the basic analysis and it would be rather limited too since it hasn't been shown to identify anything about the statistics beyond strength and even that hasn't been displayed to have great precision.

Last edited:
It seems limited for Information Analysis, in my opinion.
Extrasensory Perception seems fine to apply since it is largely uncontroversial.

Does anyone else have something to say about Information Analysis or Extrasensory Perception? If nobody has something to add, then I'll just apply the revisions for Extrasensory Perception.

I've finished applying the changes in regards to Extrasensory Perception.

@Arnoldstone18 If you still want to make a point for Information Analysis, then now would be a good time.

Well, they are shown to be capable of telling humans and demons apart and recognize Pillars and Upper Moons but I don't recall there being an instance where that has been used to tell someone's exact identity.

"A basic analysis can grant only rudimentary data on the target, such as their level of strength, speed, durability, or intelligence, while more powerful analyses can grant extensive information on the target's abilities and even personal history." (Information Analysis)

If anything does qualify for Information Analysis, then it would only be for the basic analysis and it would be rather limited too since it hasn't been shown to identify anything about the statistics beyond strength and even that hasn't been displayed to have great precision.
No problem, i agree to limited information analysis

How do you feel about this:

Tanjiro Kamado: extrasensory perception and limited information analysis (Although he is able to distinguish between demons and humans over large distances, he is also able to recognize the identity, strength, and welfare, however, it is limitedto being only be able to recognize the strength and welfare of those he isn't familiar with)

If you guys agree, feel free to make this more clear and concise.

Last edited:
No problem, i agree to limited information analysis

How do you feel about this:

Tanjiro Kamado: extrasensory perception and limited information analysis (Although he is able to distinguish between demons and humans over large distances, he is also able to know who exactly the blood belongs to and the strength , however, this is limited to his memory of those he had already encountered as those who he hasn’t will be seen as distinguishable strangers)

If you guys agree, feel free to make this clear and concise.

Tanjiro already has the Extrasensory Perception revision applied, so I would limit the change for Information Analysis just to Information Analysis.

It seems limited for Information Analysis, in my opinion.
Extrasensory Perception seems fine to apply since it is largely uncontroversial.
Elizhaa said that it would be limited for Information Analysis but in hindsight I'm not entirely sure if Elizhaa meant that it would be Limited Information Analysis or that it is too limited to be Information Analysis, so I'd like to get further input from Elizhaa.

Tanjiro already has the Extrasensory Perception revision applied, so I would limit the change for Information Analysis just to Information Analysis.

Elizhaa said that it would be limited for Information Analysis but in hindsight I'm not entirely sure if Elizhaa meant that it would be Limited Information Analysis or that it is too limited to be Information Analysis, so I'd like to get further input from Elizhaa.
On the examples in the definition of information analysis below
Is it limited to just their level of strength, speed, durability, or intelligence? or can something states of mind and type of person be considered too?

I just noticed my case on information analysis is based on clairvoyance and enhanced smell in Tanjiro's profile

I just noticed my case on information analysis is based on clairvoyance and enhanced smell in Tanjiro's profile
Well, if it is already covered, then we don't need to give him anything else I guess. Is there anything else in regards to Information Analysis?

The evidence here looks too limited for Information Analysis since they seemingly don't have information besides sensing if individuals are strong or demons. Demons already have Limited Information Analysis for other reasons on their profiles.

The evidence here looks too limited for Information Analysis since they seemingly don't have information besides sensing if individuals are strong or demons. Demons already have Limited Information Analysis for other reasons on their profiles.
Thanks for your input but Arnoldstone18 has already confirmed that everything is good and that there is no need for an Information Analysis addition anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back