• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Strikes Back

Oof, kenichi is a lot more skilled than I anticipated. If it continues like this he'll give everyone here sans maybe ikki a run for their money.

I've been doing some research on the subject and I think whoever mentioned it earlier had a point in bringing up Star Wars characters, though I would nominate different individuals.

Will comment about that some time in the next few days.

In general the Jedi 7 forms of lightsaber combat leave a lot open for cool skill shit, even if they aren't really the focus of most Star Wars stuff.

But with so much media and lightsaber using people across a ton of Legends stuff... there's potential for tons of fun.

Firephoenixearl said:
Just give me a year or so to finish the 580+ chapter long manga.
I swear i think i finished Baki in a week, it really hooked me up

@Creaturemaster971

I'm a Yujiro supporter, wazup

Iirc he's a master at every weapon and could curbstomp the LoLverse if he had any, so he fights with a light pole

I'm not sure tho that's what i've heard from some friends who play the game

2muchtext4me, it's faster if i say Yujiro's feats instead

Yujiro's main feats are knowing every martial that exists or existed, including Udonde, a fighting style only passed through the noble blood of the Ryukyu Royal Family that existed from the 15th to the 19th century (meaning he mastered it via hearing/reading about it). He also mastered Xiao Lee, a martial art that needs more than a century of everyday training to fully master, with a glance after seeing it being used once. His pressure points and knowledge of the human anatomy allow for him to instantly detect any physical weaknesses you may have and he can make you faint with a slight tap at the side of your heads. He dwarfs the entire verse in skill, including the likes of Doppo Orochi, Kaku Kaioh, and his son Baki Hanma. Doppo Orochi is a 10th Dan in Shinshikai Karate, and has repeated dozens of moves thousands of times for every day of his life for the last 50 years. He's also owner of the biggest Karate dojo on the entirety of Japan and knows techniques such as Sangan, that, much like Udonde, is an ancient technique that requires perfect control over the eyes' sinew to mimic the eye movements of a chameleon, amping your reaction speed and your field of view by a good lot. Orochi can also identify the difference between a "perfect" Seiken and a 99.99999999999...% accurate Seiken (Seiken being the straight punch, shot from the waist. A common move in Karate). His defensive stances, such as Mawashi Uke, allow him to defend even against fire using only his bare fists. Kaku Kaioh is a master of the Xiao Lee art, that requires for the user to completly remove their natural instincts and, like a leaf of grass in a blizzard, remain completly soft and without a trace of muscle tension even against people who can casually one-shot you. When a person punches you, even if they're millions of times stronger than yourself, your body will present 0 resistance to the impact and instead dissipate it in the shape of knokback and KE. Even the likes of Retsu Kaioh, another fighting genius and Kaku's apprentice, had to train very hard in order to even start understanding and utilizing a very incomplete version of it. Kaku also knows Chinese Kenpo moves that even Retsu, a Chinese Kenpo genius, never saw before. Hitless Blow is another move Kaku Kaioh taught to Katsumi, where you have to imagine your body like having thousands of joints. This imagination alone can make you deliver a whip-like attack that is thousands of times faster than your usual speed and as such works in people thousands of times stronger than yourself. Baki Hanma, just like Yujiro, can learn techniques extremely fast. He wastes no movements, dodging only with minimal movement, in a way that feels like you phased through him. He can perfectly predict the movements of black belts and the such of various martial arts, and exploit the 0.5 seconds of unconsciousness a person has while they're triggered but not conscious, from the time it takes for them to make an action until the time it takes for them to actually do it. And probably a bunch of other stuf i'm forgetting rn. Yujiro can perfectly see through the movements of Baki and other trained martial artists only by analyzing their stances. Yujiro is also way above Musashi Miyamoto, who is... well, Musashi Miyamoto. He should at least be comparable to his real-life counterpart. Musashi is able to intercept the brain signals of the opponent and as such predict his every move, what seems to be an ability derived from combat skill. Yujiro also defeated the USA in the Vietnam War while barehanded. The likes of Che Guevara can pull one of his own strand of hair, mold it into an appropriate shape, slip it inside the eardrums of the opponent, wrap it around their Cochlea, and push the strand of hair, crushing the Cochlea, what makes the opponent loose notion of balance. And he's not a remarkable character when it comes to skill. The likes of Kosho Shinogi can literally push your nerve cords out of your body and cut them, making selected part of your body completly useless, such as making you blind of one eye or making you lose control over one of your arms. And both these guys aren't really masters, just skilled folk.

These are starters, Baki has more than 800 chapters and obviously i don't recall everything perfectly. Specially for Baki, these aren't his best feats by far.

Shikizaki Kiki has seen the entire course of human history, looking at weapons and martial arts in particular, including a man who outskills all other swordsmen throughout time, and created Kyotoryu to surpass all of them to the point that every other warrior or weapon is crushed into irrelevancy while Shichika is present, no matter their numbers.

He knows a pressure point technique that forces the soul out of the body..... Which is unusable here so ye

The Xiao Lee art is literally Chouchou's Ninpo, and he can also alter his cellular density to the point of floating on a light breeze. Nanami refines this into complete weightlessness.

Ji Ning (the xianxia character i talked about previously) has a feat i think is probably one of his best in book 9/17 if i'm not mistaken, using skill scaling from this feat would be enough to top 15?

The feat:

Ji Ning's master, Subhuti, used a spell to help Ji Ning understand the Path of the Sword, the spell made Ning have a dream that lasted for 1000 years (inside his head), in the dream, Ning could see Sword-arts that started at normal human level, but with each step become more powerful and complex, and at the end he could see what was full mastery of the Sword Path, he himself reach this level in less than 400 years in book 17.

I mean, learning more than a century of Xiao Lee in a few seconds > learning 1000 years of the way of the sword in 400 years, at least that's how i see it

But yeah that looks like top 15 potential, just not top 5

Actually, the wiki of his verse says he was 94 years old at this point in time, yeah i probably was wrong saying 400 years.

How, exactly? Is it explained how it happened? One-shotting via an ability? Very good analytical prediction? Speed amping through an ability?

The reaction part isn't completely true, but is the most proabably interpretation, the narration says that he was limiting his speed to Xiantian (level 2) to fight a wanxiang (level 4), and is impossible to say if his perception was also limited to that of a xiantian.

Hmmm dunno, i'll wait for the others to opine

I should make a skill respect thread for the Bakiverse, but then i remember i'd have to go through all the 800+ chapters again and i just give up

Oh sorry, I meant to reply to a comment but it must've been pretty early. I was thinking Rimuru should be above Mori and Jax, especially since in an earlier thread it was stated Rimuru>Mori.

I don't think Rimuru is beating Mori in terms of skill. We can only use Art feats and Intelligence feats for Rimuru because everything else is haxed. Rimuru's non-hax feats are impressive nonetheless but I think Mori is still skilled overall due to his martial arts and the only thing he relies in battle. I recall that there was a feat section for Mori

Future Attack Prediction is pure hax. Rimuru gaining Future Attack Prediction was due to his RE whenever his in a pickle but I don't think that's a skill feat but a hax feat. But Hinata somehow almost out-manuevered Future Attack Prediction in the last second is a very good skill feat.

Errr, isn't that the same way he got Modelwill, Sense Soundwave, etc? That's just accelerated development/RE. Hell, Ikki has it and he's still on the list, and he just adapts to fix & copy techniques, Rimuru adapts to gain them.

Yeah but after I reread the LN, it was hax based RE since it came out of nowhere and Rimuru gets that if he's in a pickle after being pressured by his opponents or GS/Raphael analyzed stuffs. Ikki's stuff only relies on his own without magic, only smarts and physicals (although I'm somewhat in an agreement that Ikki's Perfect Vision is hax). But in a fight to the death, Hax-based RE >>>>>>>>Skill-based RE

Back