• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Strikes Back

What comes to mind is:

-When pure statistics aren't the reason.

-When the thing that becomes better is something more or less skill based.

-When it isn't brought about by something external like a supernatural source, technology or whatever, meaning there's no "unquantifiable" factor that caused the evolution.

Granted, under such a situation I think Adaptation fits much better all around, but context is what matters.

Ikki grasps the nature behind the person's whole being, and then becomes able to perfectly tell how they will act, attack patterns and thought proccesses and feelings added in, including "thoughtless" actions since trying to act thoughtless is itself an action with thought behind it.

Perfect vision?

It's just ikki's analytical prediction. It's just too good. As in too good to even be fair. No one on this list can actually escape that analytical prediction.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Nah, that is actually bullshit. But I have stopped trying to argue skill stuff here and mostly comment on things.
Pretty sure no one here can actually escape getting their identity stolen.

Though Kenichi (when i finish the series) will be capable of doing that.

I dunno, predicting what is destined to happen through sheer mental calculation and every possibility of an attack is pretty good too. That of course assumes that Ikki can comprehend their identity.

That would preclude, first of all, deciding that Ikki can perfectly understand the thought process and identity of anyone and everyone no matter what.

Which is a premise I am sure you get from my tone, is nothing I will believe just because, ever.

I think Itachi at least needs a mention here, his shuriken and kunai skills are next level and his skill as a hand to hand fighter and a strategist is extremely good.

He had some pretty insane skill feats as just a kid as well, like knowning how to do with tsunade and sakura did with chakra to boost their strength but did it without learning it as a child, becoming an Anbu at the age of 11 and other stuff.

Rocker1189 said:
I think Itachi at least needs a mention here, his shuriken and kunai skills are next level and his skill as a hand to hand fighter and a strategist is extremely good.
He had some pretty insane skill feats as just a kid as well, like knowning how to do with tsunade and sakura did with chakra to boost their strength but did it without learning it as a child, becoming an Anbu at the age of 11 and other stuff.
I agree with you, but more expansive descriptions will be needed.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
That would preclude, first of all, deciding that Ikki can perfectly understand the thought process and identity of anyone and everyone no matter what.
Which is a premise I am sure you get from my tone, is nothing I will believe just because, ever.
I mean as long as they're "normal" yes. Conisdering ikki does this to everyone, from fodder people who have no idea what martial arts are to Edelweiss (peak skill) and desperados. I don't see why he would be unable to comprehend an identity as long as you don't just go full on bananzas and bring abstractions or higher dimensional shit.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Because Edelweiss is just a person, you don't have an uncommon thought process because you are skilled.
Excuse me what do you actually mean "is just a person"? Yes she is, but what kind of being were you thinking of when you said "won't work on anyone"?

??? I meant there is no reason to believe it will work on everyone, not that it wouldn't work on anyone.

And yes, she's just a person. Being skilled doesn't make your thought process a puzzle box.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Ikki grasps the nature behind the person's whole being, and then becomes able to perfectly tell how they will act, attack patterns and thought proccesses and feelings added in, including "thoughtless" actions since trying to act thoughtless is itself an action with thought behind it.
That last part doesn't make sense in my book. The decision of doing thoughtless actions starts as a action with thought, but when you actually start doing it it's a series of, indeed, thoughtless actions.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
??? I meant there is no reason to believe it will work on everyone, not that it wouldn't work on anyone.
And yes, she's just a person. Being skilled doesn't make your thought process a puzzle box.
Who says there is any reason to believe it will work on ppl who Ikki literally can't comprehend?

Besides i said "no one on this list". No one on this list is anything Ikki can't Perfect Vision.

Blame the series for it's weird logic. Kihara shots dozens of arrows blindly, but Ikki still sees through it.

There's a reason I have such disbelief he struggles at times, and I say this knowing the kind of people he battles.

KGiffoni said:
That last part doesn't make sense in my book. The decision of doing thoughtless actions starts as a action with thought, but when you actually start doing it it's a series of, indeed, thoughtless actions.
Trying to act thoughtless is part of identity. Trying to out out of character is part of identity. In other words, no matter what you do, your identity is still dictating all your actions.

This is Ikki's Blade Steal (which understands the principle of a style) used on people, i mean literally.

Deciding you will start to act thoughtless is part of identity. That's true, and not debatable. But actually doing it isn't part of identity, maybe not even in a subconscious level. It's just you doing random movements. If i choose a random number between 1 and 10 nothing in my personality or identity would dictate what i would choose, thus it can't be predicted.

As for acting ooc, i agree. Although it seems like having multiple personalities would counter it, but it's a very specific case

Creaturemaster971 said:
Shikizaki Kiki has seen the entire course of human history, looking at weapons and martial arts in particular, including a man who outskills all other swordsmen throughout time, and created Kyotoryu to surpass all of them to the point that every other warrior or weapon is crushed into irrelevancy while Shichika is present, no matter their numbers.

He knows a pressure point technique that forces the soul out of the body..... Which is unusable here so ye

The Xiao Lee art is literally Chouchou's Ninpo, and he can also alter his cellular density to the point of floating on a light breeze. Nanami refines this into complete weightlessness.
That isn't even close to Fugil smh

@kg

Yes but actually acting thoughtlessly is identity. You're not literally being mindless you're just trying to be random, your random choices are still dictated by identity.

Firephoenixearl said:
@kg

Yes but actually acting thoughtlessly is identity. You're not literally being mindless you're just trying to be random, your random choices are still dictated by identity.
What even is "Identity." It sounds vauge.

Firephoenixearl said:
@kg
Random is when something is done or selected without conscious decision. The only link between one's actions and one's identity is the fact the actions come from conscious thought and as such were performed by that identity directly. But the moment these actions turn random, they lose any link with the identity that performed them before. As such, they can't be predicted.

Back