• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Skill Awakens

I don't really know anyone off the top of my head to nominate, but I'd love to see that thread ovo

Make it then

Number one is easy since we have a borderline **** verse on here.

To address the lewd skill thread, I can make it later today, a normal thread and a NSFW thread for verses like Testament of Sister New Devil and Highschool DxD

I think Ren Fuji also has a 1A sex feat, but i can be wrong. And Touma nulled his own red thread of fate so that every girl will have a connection with him.

Creaturemaster971 said:
Battler Ushiromiya achieved higher-dimensional existence by figuring out who was crushing on him
Jordan, im gonna have to be worried if you considered "crushing on someone" as "lewd".

I will list some skill feats for ZY, and then you all can say in what spot he should be.

1. The infamous analytical prediction in the hundreds of millions. 2. Can fight using 8 swords (since TK isn't a valid thing). 3. Has a very good scaling skill chain, basically every key he has is above geniuses who are above his previous key. 4. He learned to fight subcounciously in 10 days, while everyone else takes years, and then learned to fight unconsciously in 15 days, which is even harder than the previous. 5. Can fight for 6 months without using the same technique twice.

I wanna ask.

1) Where does the analyctical prediction come from? He just decided to think one time "let me use my brain to read what these fodder do" or something?

2) It is necessarily not invalid, at least to me, is almost the same as using a lot of arms to control a lot of blades. But the actual question is, how does he use them? Just throw them around? Do more dexterous stuff? Control each and every one at the same time?

3) Keep in mind being a "genius" doesn't necessaraily need to translate into fighting skill. They could be geniuses for doing their cultivation faster, acquiring or developing better skills than most, being more adept at stuff with pills, etc.

4) That's a fair one.

5) I would say that simply means he has a lot of techniques. And considering many of his abilities are more supernatural than anything, not sure this means much.

1. He has a huge simulation of the world inside his brain, and he uses this simulation to see everything his opponents can do and then counter it.

2. He can control thousands of swords to use 20 sword styles at the same time.

3. Well, a supreme genius of the Rebirth realm scales above him in the Mortal realm, a supreme genius of the Awakening realm scales above him in the Rebirth realm, and so on, which means he wouldn't be able to defeat them and he would at most be able to force a draw.

5. Yes, he has magic, but his main thing, especially at the start, is his sword, and even in his last keys he doesn't has that much hax.

1. Oh? Where does this come from? The simulation, I mean?

2. Any info on those sword styles?

3. If it goes as far as only defeating, then yeah is too vague. That would take into consideration much more than skill with the abilities these dudes use.

5. True, but the stuff he does with the sword matters. Like how we don't accept one character that can "cut concepts" because that's entirely supernatural and can't be used.

1. The simulation itself is a magical thing, but the predictions needs his brain to understand and then to react.

2. Is there any info you want about them? I don't think there is much info about each one of them, but well, at least he isn't just throwinh them, right?

3. I'm not even in the 42nd chapter yet, so i can't really say that much about this point, but well, the supreme sword genius (a stupid name, i know) of the 2nd realm has better skill in the sword than ZY in the 1st realm, and since hax/magic isn't even that impressive in the verse, i'm sure being a sword genius should be a thing until the 8th realm at least.

5. He can't cut concepts even in his last key, and his magic doesn't goes much above elemental magic, with matter and mind hax being the only true hax he has, since soul jax is just standard xianxia thing to stop your enemy from reincarnate.

Btw, his intelligence section has more information about what he can do skill related.

About Zhong Yue:

1. I don't want to question his prediction.

2. Using 8 swords sounds good, but it isn't what Zoro from One Pice does? And I wouldn't count the TK as skill, but if we count it (aside from telekinesis being obviously supernatural) then he can apaprently make 20 Sword Arts, sinc it's not specified what the sword arts do I guess they are your regular sword styles.

3. Any of those people has any skill feat? Because then it is just becoming superior to a bunch of featless people, and also, being called "Supreme Sword Genius" doesn't make you more skilled unless he has any feat to back that up.

4. Fair, it' actually pretty good.

5. This sounds more like an stamina feat than anything, and if he has a great amount of techniques and none of them is specified then we can't take it a much, like someone with like 4 techniques can be better than someone with hundreds i the person with 4 techniques shows how they work and it's something impressive while the one with hundreds of techniques and doesn't show any of them then he just has a great amount of techniques so not really something "quantifiable".

3. Learning to fight subcouncious and uncouncious in only some years, even if not the 25 days ZY needed, are still 5 years at most, with the best of them being able to do it in less than 5 years, which is still a impressive feat. Fighting with more than 2 swords (thousands if TK is included) is also a feat that all these "geniuses" should have.

5. Fair, not completely useful, but also not useless.

3. How does fighting subcounciously works? I sthat fighting with your instincst or somehing like that? Because I know hoe fighting uncouncious works, but for subcouncious I get is that is it with instincs. Learning a techniques in just a little bit less than time than what another person can learn it is not really that good, at least not combat applicable if it is mastering it in 5 years, obviously, Zhong Yue's feat of mastering in some days is much better than that, but there are people in like 4th-5th spot that copy things much faster.

5. Yeah, exactly.

You should try comparing Zhong Yue with Kuroki or Iron Fist first, I think he has very good chances to make it, but since I don't know a lot about chinamen I can't really argue for him.

Thanks to his prediction, he can create new skills/techiniques to defeat his foes mid-fight, create flaws were the enemy didn't had any previously and null their magic with his skill, by analysing and hitting their magic weak spots. So i don't think they are better than him just because "they copy with a glance", ZY is the type that understand with a glance and counter, not the type that copies.

I'm not saying they are better than him because they can copy techniques with a glance, I'm just saying that they beat him in that aspect of learning techniques fast.

Developing a technique mid-combat and learning your opponent's technique mid-combat is not exactly the same, in the first one you are improving by upgrading your old techniques or creating a new one on the moment while the second is replicating what the other can do.

4th place should be enough, since literally no one here can defeat him thanks to his insane analytical prediction, and his skill fight with Edel wasn't concluded for some reason, which i thin would end in a draw, since no one could skill stomp the other.

Told ya all Earl broke. Else he would never admit for ANY character to be more skilled than Edelweiss.

He didn't admit ZY was the more skilled, it's just that Edel doesn't has skill enough to defeat him, since he can predict every single attack she does.

Back