• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1050: "Honor" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly Oda can't make everyone happy, there will forever be fans of his and any work really, that will always be upset over the choices the authors make.

So basically “People have a different opinion than me, therefore they aren’t real fans of the series”.

It’s funny how the same people who are complaining about others opinions, would be doing the same thing if what they’re were expecting didn’t come to fruition.

Last edited:
Anyways, I have faith in Oda, even if Kaido is done for the arc, Oda always delivered on Arc endings, so im expecting some great things.

This could be a red herring, as a lot of the fanbase has already said, the arc had a anticlimactic af ending from what we’ve seen.

The ppl from Wano are clueless, Onigashima wasn’t even close to dropping on the capital, this never happened in any other arc ever, the endings always had great tension.

This could be the same situation as Ace being saved in Marineford tbh.

I don't get how this was Anti-Climactic, Luffy put everything he's learned over the course of the Timeskip in one giant punch and sent Kaidou flying into the center of the earth where a volcano erupted on him...

Like you don't think that's enough to bring Kaidou down, then WTF else will

I respect your opinion, but we can’t just ignore that fact that a large part of the fanbase is not happy with this “ending”. Myself included, but it ain’t over till the fat lady sings.

I don't get how this was Anti-Climactic, Luffy put everything he's learned over the course of the Timeskip in one giant punch and sent Kaidou flying into the center of the earth where a volcano erupted on him...

Like you don't think that's enough to bring Kaidou down, then WTF else will
Many unfinished plotlines, the people in wano weren’t even aware they were being saved, it’s like “Oh luffy defeated Kaido and Big Mom and saved us? Yay!”.
They were oblivious to any sort of danger, they didn’t even notice onigashima. How can you expect them to be truly thankful to Luffy, they are gonna be happy cause they are done suffering, not because Joyboy saved them. It’s gonna be ****** Hearsay lmao.

Wano still has a lot to solve. Normally, when a villain is finished, 95% of the storylines of the story are settled, but this is not the case here.

'Done with suffering' seems like more than enough (especially considering the Straw Hat's number of pyrrhic victories), but wasn't Kaido one of the only people in Wano who knew about Joy Boy defeating him? I could be strongly misremembering because this arc has gone on forever.

Also, Onigashima was saved by one of Kaido's biggest detractors. So I don't get why we'd need to see it crash over Wano.

Question, what's the Climatic end that you've expect then?
The initial goal is to defeat Kaido, Kaido loses, the goal is complete. that's the climax.
Just cause it’s a climax doesn’t mean it’s a great one, all stories have climaxes, whether they’re good or not.

This is not the climax anyways, even if Kaido is done, something has to happen.

'Done with suffering' seems like more than enough (especially considering the Straw Hat's number of pyrrhic victories), but wasn't Kaido one of the only people in Wano who knew about Joy Boy defeating him? I could be strongly misremembering because this arc has gone on forever.

Also, Onigashima was saved by one of Kaido's biggest detractors. So I don't get why we'd need to see it crash over Wano.
  1. About Joyboy still many who can answer. Remember Kaido doesn't know anything about Joyboy he only hears.
  2. Caribou Still keeping a secret
  3. There are many important samurai in wano who can unravel the unanswered mysteries

I also doubt this arc is finished, because most still have chapters after the defeat of the villain for stuff like celebrations, related people learning what happens, Luffy's bounty increasing, remnant/up-and-comer groups making preparations to go after the Straw Hats, etc. Doesn't mean Big Mom, Kaido and co. aren't defeated.
  1. About Joyboy still many who can answer. Remember Kaido doesn't know anything about Joyboy he only hears.
  2. Caribou Still keeping a secret
  3. There are many important samurai in wano who can unravel the unanswered mysteries
So, currently conjecture and something that'd happen in the future anyway. Still seems pretty conclusive for now.

Last edited:
Many unfinished plotlines, the people in wano weren’t even aware they were being saved, it’s like “Oh luffy defeated Kaido and Big Mom and saved us? Yay!”.
They were oblivious to any sort of danger, they didn’t even notice onigashima. How can you expect them to be truly thankful to Luffy, they are gonna be happy cause they are done suffering, not because Joyboy saved them. It’s gonna be ****** Hearsay lmao.

Wano still has a lot to solve. Normally, when a villain is finished, 95% of the storylines of the story are settled, but this is not the case here.
The "people" don't have to know about the epic battle going on for their sake. They didn't in Alabasta either

Didn't the combined army see Luffy launch Crocodile, or am I confusing details?

What's that, would you mind to tell me?
World government, blackbeard, Kaido, Big mom anything tbh.

It can’t be like luffy saved you guys btw, banquet, then leave. I’ve been waiting for this arc for 10 years, I don’t want a half-assed conclusion. I wanted kaido to comeback, while it’s still an option, I wouldn’t mind something else, anything other than this is good enough.

And biggest of all, i want answers, the rising action of Wano was literally the best part of it, it opened many storylines and questions. This supposed “climax” has done a terrible job explaining them.

Didn't the combined army see Luffy launch Crocodile, or am I confusing details?
They did, but up until that point, they had no idea the fight was even going on. Also none of them knew about the nuke that Crocodile had hidden in the main square

And biggest of all, i want answers, the rising action of Wano was literally the best part of it, it opened many storylines and questions. This supposed “climax” has done a terrible job explaining them.
I think there's some truth to this though. There are several unresolved plotlines. For example:
1. Zoro's lineage
2. What actually happened to King's race?
3. World Government ships approaching Wano
4. What was the common dream that Luffy and Roger shared?
5. Pretty much everything about Zuniesha

Unfortunately, some of those probably won't be resolved deliberately because it's not the proper time yet

World government, blackbeard, Kaido, Big mom anything tbh.

It can’t be like luffy saved you guys btw, banquet, then leave. I’ve been waiting for this arc for 10 years, I don’t want a half-assed conclusion. I wanted kaido to comeback, while it’s still an option, I wouldn’t mind something else, anything other than this is good enough.

But this is like telling me to squeeze rocks with my bare hands which is impossible.
Kaido already use his Ultimate move, what's Kaido would doing? Another Thunder Bagua? Awakening?

btw, what is the paramecia awakening where they can't seem to turn things into their elements. Like sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back