• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1050: "Honor" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also personally think this isn't the finale yet due to 3 reasons:

1) If you count carefully, there were only eight shadows coming down from the sky, not nine.
2) Momo weirdly decides not to open the borer which contradicts the prophecy and Oden's wishes.
3) There is still no dawn yet, in fact the volcanic ash made the sky dark.
1. There are 8 shadows because we aren't seeing Momo's silhouette.

2. Momo is not opening the borders because he doesn't feel ready, he might leave with the Strawhats and return later on to open them.

3. Doesn't mean much, Oda can set the dawn at any given moment.

I honestly never saw the point of the "Raid will fail" theory. As absurd as it is, I can at least understand the motivation behind people who want ZKK, but with the "Raid will fail" theory, I don't even see the point outside of people not wanting to be wrong after they proudly said the Raid would fail for years upon years. Like even if Luffy lost the battle now and everyone lost, what do people expect? Everyone would be depressed and all that, but Luffy would just rise up again eventually and ultimately defeat Kaidou again in the same fashion as he did in Chapter 1049 regardless of him failing intially. People wanting Kaidou to have ANOTHER form and then have Luffy get back up AGAIN after already doing it 3 times this battle alone never made much sense to me. What does that even accomplish? Luffy already got KO'd by Kaidou 4 times in the Wano Arc, how many new power ups and L's does Luffy need for people to be satisfied when Kaidou gets "defeated".

I dunno, I just don't see the benefit from the Raid failing, since it would just drag out the story and waste our time frankly. I want to move on to new and exciting things

1. There are 8 shadows because we aren't seeing Momo's silhouette.

2. Momo is not opening the borders because he doesn't feel ready, he might leave with the Strawhats and return later on to open them.

3. Doesn't mean much, Oda can set the dawn at any given moment.
Well, let's see in 1051, you or I could be right.

I honestly never saw the point of the "Raid will fail" theory. As absurd as it is, I can at least understand the motivation behind people who want ZKK, but with the "Raid will fail" theory, I don't even see the point outside of people not wanting to be wrong after they proudly said the Raid would fail for years upon years. Like even if Luffy lost the battle now and everyone lost, what do people expect? Everyone would be depressed and all that, but Luffy would just rise up again eventually and ultimately defeat Kaidou again in the same fashion as he did in Chapter 1049 regardless of him failing intially. People wanting Kaidou to have ANOTHER form and then have Luffy get back up AGAIN after already doing it 3 times this battle alone never made much sense to me. What does that even accomplish? Luffy already got KO'd by Kaidou 4 times in the Wano Arc, how many new power ups and L's does Luffy need for people to be satisfied when Kaidou gets "defeated".

I dunno, I just don't see the benefit from the Raid failing, since it would just drag out the story and waste our time frankly. I want to move on to new and exciting things
Epic rant. And correct in all points IMO

If y’all really think Oda gonna move on to his next arc when we got this mid ending y’all underestimated him, HAVE FAITH IN ODA!

Looked at the comments, apparently 'victors need no rationalization' is more accurate, and epithet is just a vizism.

Edit: According to reddit, the word is more along the line of euphemism than pirate moniker. So, idk.

Last edited:
Anyway, what does the latest Twitter message say?

Something from chapter 1042 that said “the winner needs no Epiphet”
So they think Oda using an Epiphet when describing Kaido and Luffy means no one has won yet
oh brother. Why can't people just accept that they aren't some all knowing god who can make any thing come true with their theories? Just sit down and see what happens, sheesh. Not like the world would end if you don't like what happened in a pirate manga.

oh brother. Why can't people just accept that they aren't some all knowing god who can make any thing come true with their theories? Just sit down and see what happens, sheesh. Not like the world would end if you don't like what happened in a pirate manga.
What's wrong with theorizing or speculating future chapters? No one is acting like an all knowing god who can make any thing come true with their theories?
If you want to sit down, do it yourself, but don't silence people who are excited about future chapters and love discussing about what's coming next from Oda.

If y’all really think Oda gonna move on to his next arc when we got this mid ending y’all underestimated him, HAVE FAITH IN ODA!

You do realize most of us WANT the fight to be over. Saying “Have faith in Oda” when we already do have faith in him that it’s over is funny.

Also how in any way is this battle “mid”. Like I seriously don’t see how you top “Giant island sized punch powered by Buso Emission and Hao Infusion” vs “Giant flaming Dragon of death with Hao Infusion”

Like there is NO POINT in Luffy vs Kaidou continuing. Wano itself yeah, we’ll get more as the arc heads towards its conclusion. But dragging out the Kaidou fight even more solves literally nothing after the emotional climax we just had.

You do realize most of us WANT the fight to be over. Saying “Have faith in Oda” when we already do have faith in him that it’s over is funny.

Also how in any way is this battle “mid”. Like I seriously don’t see how you top “Giant island sized punch powered by Buso Emission and Hao Infusion” vs “Giant flaming Dragon of death with Hao Infusion”

Like there is NO POINT in Luffy vs Kaidou continuing. Wano itself yeah, we’ll get more as the arc heads towards its conclusion. But dragging out the Kaidou fight even more solves literally nothing after the emotional climax we just had.
I agree with this as well.

GG to anyone who still had doubts
lpiS4FZ.png

Ant deleted your post and the post of the person insulting you because you were both being (in his eyes) toxic, not because of Oda.

This response outright proves his point, so please just tone it down.
That is correct, yes.

Also, no vulgar insults or mocking memes directed towards other members please.

Ant deleted your post and the post of the person insulting you because you were both being (in his eyes) toxic, not because of Oda.

This response outright proves his point, so please just tone it down.
I insulted nobody of you...
sUtKuJO.png

Fact is,both Kaido and BM were handled like shit.2 ******* Yonkous and no awakening,Kaido got a 4 page FB while shit like Tama or Momo gets far more spotlight.Rly cool when the autor gives this 2 childs more importancy as Kaido

Almost anyone i know hates the ending of Kaido.Also,read this
100% accurate

I think that Kaido's burning dragon form and Big Mom's giant size were their awakenings. Or they simply have used their awakenings to turn so powerful as they constantly are in the first place.

Never judge a character by the level of the abilities they have, but the proficiency of them.

I'd rather have a Yonko who can use regular devil fruits like demons instead of pulling out their awakenings once every blue moon

Again, I think that their awakenings are likely already always active to empower them further.

100% accurate
And that anyone you know that hate the ending is representing...what? 1% of the fanbase?
Also who even the f*** care about some random site that aren't reliable at all?

I insulted nobody of you...
sUtKuJO.png

Fact is,both Kaido and BM were handled like shit.2 ******* Yonkous and no awakening,Kaido got a 4 page FB while shit like Tama or Momo gets far more spotlight.Rly cool when the autor gives this 2 childs more importancy as Kaido

100% accurate
All of One Piece has been written this way mate. If you don’t like the way things went, that’s all you. But personally I love Wano to death. It is easily my favorite arc

Almost zero plot lines have been resolved and the main villain got defeated. This is literally not how any past one piece arc has been written.

Also Shonen jump twitter saying some shit about Kaido losing means nothing unless you think they would have said that Ace actually didn’t survive when he got saved lmao.

If this is how it ends the arc was long asf for no reason at all. We got this predictable and vanilla ending for the most awaited and hyped up arc in One piece history and I’m terribly disappointed, I’m gonna hang onto hope because Oda is the most unpredictable author I have eve read, and this is not how he writes at all.

Last edited:
I noticed the cover page being ichiji and reiju instead of a good twist happening represents this chapter perfectly, so I guess there is something going for it.

Almost zero plot lines have been resolved and the main villain got defeated. This is literally not how any past one piece arc has been written.
The arc has yet to finish, we have still time for the remaning plot lines, at least the ones that really needed to be resorved, as other can be deal later.

If this is how it ends the arc was long asf for no reason at all. We got this predictable and vanilla ending for the most awaited and hyped up arc in One piece history and I’m terribly disappointed, I’m gonna hang onto hope because Oda is the most unpredictable author I have eve read, because this literally is not how he writes at all.
OK lets play devil's advocate and just assume that Kaido and Big Mom just wake up, return to the surface, decide that now its time use their awakenings (based on the assumption they never use them during the fight even once) and just oneshot everyone, then what?

What kind of unpredictable twist do you expect Oda will pull off in that case? Do you think that he its going to have the Straw Hats ultimately fail at this point and just escape leaving Wano to Kaido? No, we are still going to have Luffy defeating Kaido in this arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back