• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1050: "Honor" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW ... If Kaido actually does die in the subterranean magma chamber, it would cement the absolute superiority of Akainu and his DF in terms of destructive capability

An unconscious Kaidou boiling in magma isn't a feat for Akainu.
I disagree. Magma finally being the thing to kill him would be treated as a feat for Akainu and it is very likely to have been done intentionally to further hype up Akainu as one of the final villains

I disagree. Magma finally being the thing to kill him would be treated as a feat for Akainu and it is very likely to have been done intentionally to further hype up Akainu as one of the final villains
This is like saying that Baby 5 could one shot a weakened and injured Whitebeard and Oden because bullets were the things to kill them and she has a multitude of those

Nah, it doesn't feel like either Big Mom or Kaido are going to die, it isn't Oda's style.

will Blackbeard take Kaido's df?
281878726_2859247971048512_338362797148473149_n.jpg

So does anybody else think that Denjiro will announce Hiyori as the new shogun, with himself as the main advisor? It makes the most sense to me, as Momonosuke still has the mind of a young child.

Also, I just checked her One Piece wiki page, and it seems like Hiyori may have romantic feelings for Zoro based on that.

Last edited:
I don't think so, since Oden only had power and charisma but not a leadership, Momo can learn the country's problems from Denjiro to be a good Shogun. Neither Hiyori nor Momo had any real leadership education so they were both the same. We already know that having a male leader is better for a woman, because women are more emotional than men. But I don't know if it applies to Japanese Culture.

Well, I just meant that Hiyori has been tutored by Denjiro for 20 years, whereas Momonosuke is just 8 years old, appearances outward to the contrary.

In any case, I think that Denjiro seems like the most competent available alternative to make all of the real political decisions, with either Hiyori or Momonosuke as public figureheads.

Well, I just meant that Hiyori has been tutored by Denjiro for 20 years, whereas Momonosuke is just 8 years old, appearances outward to the contrary.

In any case, I think that Denjiro seems like the most competent available alternative to make all of the real political decisions, with either Hiyori or Momonosuke as public figureheads.
Denjiro and Kinemon (if he lives) being the caretakers/advisors for Hiyori and Momo would be great

Also Yamato for Nakama, now that it's over-

My guess is Monosuke will not become Shogun now, especially since he said he is not ready to open wano
I think he will join the strawhats and also travel to see the laugh tales

My guess is Monosuke will not become Shogun now, especially since he said he is not ready to open wano
I think he will join the strawhats and also travel to see the laugh tales
Momo not being ready to open Wano is exactly why he should be Shogun imo. He is the only one to have actually thought things through. His doubt was justified.

But as of now Hiyori would make a better shogun as she has lived through it all with the people of Wano

I don't think so, since Oden only had power and charisma but not a leadership, Momo can learn the country's problems from Denjiro to be a good Shogun. Neither Hiyori nor Momo had any real leadership education so they were both the same. We already know that having a male leader is better for a woman, because women are more emotional than men. But I don't know if it applies to Japanese Culture.
Oda making Hiyori become the next shogun would be quite a powerful statement. Japan certainly hasn't done as well as it probably should have with raising women to be in leadership roles

Oda making Hiyori become the next shogun would be quite a powerful statement. Japan certainly hasn't done as well as it probably should have with raising women to be in leadership roles
That'd also mean Luffy successfully caused 3 kingdoms to have 3 leaders that are women (power move)- Vivi after defeating Croc
Rebecca after defeating Doffy
Hiyori after defeating Kaido

But Luffy's connection with Momo is bigger, so I doubt Hiyori will be it. Everyone's been hyping Momo since before the time travel that he'll be Shogun. I wouldn't mind Hiyori since she seems like a far stronger person in terms of decision-making and enduring pressure.

That'd also mean Luffy successfully caused 3 kingdoms to have 3 leaders that are women (power move)- Vivi after defeating Croc
Rebecca after defeating Doffy
Hiyori after defeating Kaido
That is not really true. Cobra, Doldo and Neptune are currently the kings of Alabasta, Dressrosa and Fishman Island respectively. They were the ones shown to be the official representatives of their kingdoms at Reverie. Of course, Cobra and Doldo only have daughters so eventually they will rule, but they are not yet the leaders of their kingdoms

That is not really true. Cobra, Doldo and Neptune are currently the kings of Alabasta, Dressrosa and Fishman Island respectively. They were the ones shown to be the official representatives of their kingdoms at Reverie. Of course, Cobra and Doldo only have daughters so eventually they will rule, but they are not yet the leaders of their kingdoms
True, but their daughters are all the princesses who'll take over.
In this case it's just skipped a step since the original shogun's kinda boiled out of the picture

Yes, I certainly hope so.

Honestly.. Yamato even has a goal now- finish Oden's journal or discover the ripped out portion. I'll admit 1015 might have strengthened my connection to Yamato as a character because of the sheer desperation and need to be free.
If not now, maybe later as a captain after the borders are opened.

Well, Yamato has stated that they (I will try to remember to be neutral until Oda has clarified the situation) wants to set sail with Luffy, and I doubt that Luffy would deny the request.

Also, Yamato would make a good fighting opponent for Katarina Devon, wolf versus fox, to claim the title of the world's strongest woman, now that Big Mom has likely died.

He's definitely got no reason to say no. Luffy seemed pretty open to the idea and they got along fairly quick.
Besides- he'd be doing both Yamato and Ace a favor

It should be noted that while they DID fall in the magma, they've been in there for quite a while and still haven't burnt to death, since we see their bodies clearly in the magma. Maybe this chapter and the next one will shut up people who think Akainu beats them?

It should be noted that while they DID fall in the magma, they've been in there for quite a while and still haven't burnt to death, since we see their bodies clearly in the magma. Maybe this chapter and the next one will shut up people who think Akainu beats them?
I need a terminator thumbs up before Kaido sinks in.

But also I do think he'll send Big Mom out before they're in actual danger of dying. That lady has to be in Elbaf-

Oh and also, note that DF users are immune to their own powers, like Kuzan is immune to ice and the cold. Thus, Kaido should be immune to extreme heat like fire since he makes flame clouds, flame blasts, and can heat up as seen in the previous chapter, to the point where he melted the horn of a giant skull. What I'm trying to say is this magma most likely won't hurt him.

Oh and also, note that DF users are immune to their own powers, like Kuzan is immune to ice and the cold. Thus, Kaido should be immune to extreme heat like fire since he makes flame clouds, flame blasts, and can heat up as seen in the previous chapter, to the point where he melted the horn of a giant skull. What I'm trying to say is this magma most likely won't hurt him.
One Piece magma's weird though. It's so hot it can burn fire, so-- it's hotter than whatever high temperatures we've seen so far. (Including Sanji's lightning fire, Kaido's horn vaporization, and others)
No matter what the highest temperatures are, Magma will always be over those based on how Oda hypes it up through Akainu's DF.

One Piece magma's weird though. It's so hot it can burn fire,
That was admittedly a bit strange. How can magma pass through fire ( which is intangible )?
But eh. Guess the real reason was just that Akainu used advanced armament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back