• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1050: "Honor" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaidou flat out states zoan awakening is transformations
He doesn't, Kaido talking about Luffy's paramecia awakening, then he Said Body Transformation is Zoan power, not the awakening.
Idk if you talking about another scans which is I don't remember Kaido have said that.

Someone should calculate this explosion because it's absolutely mad how big it is and it's origin is where kaido and big mom is so they scale.https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_tcb_1050_012.png

Someone should calculate this explosion because it's absolutely mad how big it is and it's origin is where kaido and big mom is so they scale.https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_tcb_1050_012.png
It's implied that this takes them out.

Hell nah, I'm just Comparing Krakatoa explosion which is had a volume atleast 10km³ ( have estimation around 200 Megatons) and Wano's eruption around 1 Petatons.

FTvo6K5WIAEv5kr

New island?

Last edited:
What about Luffy's after-effect of the punch causing an earthquake strong enough to errupt a volcano that dwarves Onigashima?
That and I thought the accepted Onigashima size was KT's- all the calcs are gonna be inconsistent if everyone uses a different size.

Alternatively, these cracks can be calced too
Screenshot_7.jpg

All those cracks have the "crack crack" SFX meaning they occured in real time while Kaido fell. That's a feat as well

Last edited:
If there was any doubt last chapter- this felt "final" for sure.
Though I'm on th fence if Big Mom is in the magma. That looked more like Kaido's coat/cloak next to him than Linlin (it's too feathery. Linlin didn't have anything like that)

Tbh, I don't think that's anti-climactic given how just beating Kaido and his pirates (not to mention Big Mom) is such a massive victory in every conceivable way, especially given the flashbacks we're shown during and after his defeat.
I don't get how this was Anti-Climactic, Luffy put everything he's learned over the course of the Timeskip in one giant punch and sent Kaidou flying into the center of the earth where a volcano erupted on him...

Like you don't think that's enough to bring Kaidou down, then WTF else will
Agreed. I also thought that it was a great chapter, and Luffy really more than earned this victory given for how long and hard he fought.

100% not the thread for it, but--
Volcano eruptions are normally island level, considering this one is way bigger it's prob around country aswell
From what I read:

"Sometimes, yes. A few large regional earthquakes (greater than magnitude 6) are considered to be related to a subsequent eruption or to some type of unrest at a nearby volcano. However, volcanoes can only be triggered into eruption by nearby tectonic earthquakes if they are already poised to erupt."

"earthquakes that rupture the earth's crust may generate tsunamis and volcanic eruptions."

The conclusion I came to was the aftershock of Luffy's attack (indirectly, since it didn't even connect and it was instead Kaido's own body crashing down) caused an earthquake strong enough to trigger a volcanic erruption. Kaido's descent was so severe it caused Wano's crust to rupture and trigger that erruption.

Tbfh I don't know how to do calcs, and I doubt it'll be easy to figure out the yield of something that unclear >> but I figured I'd connect the dots and leave it up to someone better with numbers.

If there was any doubt last chapter- this felt "final" for sure.
Though I'm on th fence if Big Mom is in the magma. That looked more like Kaido's coat/cloak next to him than Linlin (it's too feathery. Linlin didn't have anything like that)
I had the same thought really. Not to mention Big Mom and Kaido should not be that close by anyway

Pretty sure that's just the geological after effects of having two giant punched into a lava chamber
Yeh. After double checking (hence why I edited the initial earthquake comment) it looked like the cracks were happpening in real time. So unless she escaped right as Kaido fell then it definitely ain't her doing.

I also personally think this isn't the finale yet due to 3 reasons:

1) If you count carefully, there were only eight shadows coming down from the sky, not nine.
2) Momo weirdly decides not to open the borer which contradicts the prophecy and Oden's wishes.
3) There is still no dawn yet, in fact the volcanic ash made the sky dark.

1) If you count carefully, there were only eight shadows coming down from the sky, not nine.
2) Momo weirdly decides not to open the borer which contradicts the prophecy and Oden's wishes.
Ohno
Stop being right

1: I have no real answer to this, the ninth member is probably some where else obviously.
2: He said " not now ", it's not like he'll never do it, he just doesn't think it's a good idea to do it right now especially when there's marines waiting right outside Wano and they're all tired and bruised.
3: So what? It doesn't have to be dawn for it to be the end of the arc.

Now that Luffy's punch wasn't the thing that opened the borders via breaking the wano waterfall/shrinking it down via awakening.. How the hell are they gonna do that- is Zunesha gonna just destroy the rocks in the way and the waterfall becomes the access point for the world?

1: I have no real answer to this, the ninth member is probably some where else obviously.
2: He said " not now ", it's not like he'll never do it, he just doesn't think it's a good idea to do it right now especially when there's marines waiting right outside Wano and they're all tired and bruised.
3: So what? It doesn't have to be dawn for it to be the end of the arc.
1) So it doesn't fulfill the nine shadow prophecy, no need try to justify it. Oda could have easily drawn nine shadows in the same panel but he didn't.
2) Which means this isn't the finale, yet.
3) “You are the moon, unaware of the dawn. May your purpose be fulfilled. And cast 9 shadows on the night woven of 20 years, and you shall know the brilliance of the dawn.” This was Toki's prophecy, yet there is no dawn to be found yet.

Now that Luffy's punch wasn't the thing that opened the borders via breaking the wano waterfall/shrinking it down via awakening.. How the hell are they gonna do that- is Zunesha gonna just destroy the rocks in the way and the waterfall becomes the access point for the world?
Yep, i think so
And that going to reveal the marines that awaited them, as a surprise

That's the interesting part actually, something still has to happen to open the border, and the question is - what ?

3) “You are the moon, unaware of the dawn. May your purpose be fulfilled. And cast 9 shadows on the night woven of 20 years, and you shall know the brilliance of the dawn.” This was Toki's prophecy, yet there is no dawn to be found yet.
Double-Finale. Kaido's men are also not believing that he lost and continue fighting back.
Luffy's next attack is aimed to the sky and blows away the volcanic ashes over wano just like it did with the storm clouds over skypiea, revealing the sun. I can already see it.

Yep, i think so
And that going to reveal the marines that awaited them, as a surprise
I'm surprised Zunesha didn't actually say anything about that to Momo. A lil' heads up "Hey there's marine ships right at the entrance" would be cool-

"Kaido will get back up!!!"
I sleep

real shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back