• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1110

I can't find any record of the "Houki". Now, "Hōki" means "broom," and thus, the "Hokigami," or "Broom Spirit" is a Yokai, but not a boar. However, boars are scene as sacred in some places, including Japan. They are considered a symbol of prosperity, and a messenger of the gods(This could tie in to the idea of divine justice).
I suspect Houki is an very obscure yokai, hence we can't find a record for it
I think it's avaible on Japanese Wikipedia since they have Suzuka Gozen and Akuro-o pages but none in global version
I can't seem to find the Bakotsu. However, skeletal animal Yokai like this are typically the will of a dead animal pulling the skeleton back to life. Basically just Brook.
Same with Houki, a yokai from a very obscure source which likely only avaible on Japanese website

Even Yokai.com doesn't have a pages for Houki and Bakotsu

CQGMSo0.jpeg

BROOOOOOOOOO WTF AM I LOOKING AT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BROOOO THIS SHIT IS GOOD AMBATUUOWAAAAAAUUUUGFHSHCUEFHEHEHDHEHSCGDBDNAJCYEJFNSEGWJDDUYERHDYDMDJCYDHENDJDHFMDIFRGEHQRJEHMRJLEUNAG.DAG CMEUN#Brain.exestoppedworking
images

images

ahhh HELL NAH, Lilith a demon fr for trying that 🙉

Tho idk what brook said

oh... Wait... It's just a kick at the leg... Nevermind 🙈

It's crazy how I predicted that Zoro would one shot Lucci with a KOH move, but he ended up actually using something below that.

If this is the end of Lucci ... it's pretty pathetic and makes me question scaling him to anywhere near Gear 5 Luffy.

Obviously, Gear 5 Luffy >>> Santoryu Zoro

i really feel like the way luffy was so damn casual against lucci needs to be reminded like luffy deadass fell asleep in one panel while lucci was trying to hit him

but like honestly tho if u were gonna bring back lucci i would have preferred to have robin deal with him cuz luffy and zoro literally ended up using him as a hype tool so i feel like robin vs lucci wouldve been a far more satisfying fight especially given the saul lore

If this is the end of Lucci ... it's pretty pathetic and makes me question scaling him to anywhere near Gear 5 Luffy.

How? Lucci literally clashed evenly with him in a haki clash, could react repeatedly to Gear 5 Luffy and counterattack, and withstand multiple attacks from him. Lucci also has a couple feats that are superior than Kizaru's and Kizaru scales to Gear 5 Luffy. Lucci's scaling is valid.

Obviously, Gear 5 Luffy >>> Santoryu Zoro

After the Lucci fight, Santoryu Zoro is at least comparable to the Gear 5 Luffy that Lucci fought.

i really feel like the way luffy was so damn casual against lucci needs to be reminded like luffy deadass fell asleep in one panel while lucci was trying to hit him

but like honestly tho if u were gonna bring back lucci i would have preferred to have robin deal with him cuz luffy and zoro literally ended up using him as a hype tool so i feel like robin vs lucci wouldve been a far more satisfying fight especially given the saul lore
I agree about Robin, but for some (dumb) reason Oda thought it was best to severely injure her offscreen and sideline her for the rest of an arc that's a parallel to the Ohara incident!

I agree about Robin, but for some (dumb) reason Oda thought it was best to severely injure her offscreen and sideline her for the rest of an arc that's a parallel to the Ohara incident!
yeh, like egghead so far has been peak one piece for me but if this is it for lucci then ultimately i feel like he was completely wasted

and Kizaru scales to Gear 5 Luffy
How…? The only damage he’s done to gear 5 was giving a small scratch on luffys cheek while off guarded with a dura neg heat sword

Otherwise Luffy has been deflecting and dodging all of his attacks and has many times immobilized him from one attack
Lucci literally clashed evenly with him in a haki clash, could react repeatedly to Gear 5 Luffy and counterattack, and withstand multiple attacks from him.
Yee but all that doesn’t matter if gear 5 wasn’t serious

I haven’t seen the full fight tho

Also, it seems that Zoro had his sword thrown from his hands because he focused too much on the new Haki that appeared on the island rather than on Lucci. So Lucci only knocked his sword away because Zoro was distracted.

How…? The only damage he’s done to gear 5 was giving a small scratch on luffys cheek while off guarded with a dura neg heat sword

Otherwise Luffy has been deflecting and dodging all of his attacks and has many times immobilized him from one attack

Weren't G5 Luffy and Kizaru clashing at one point prior to Luffy hitting him with WSG? I'll admit, I wasn't always fully paying attention to the fight. Plus, there's G5 Luffy using his Giant amp and even Hao, which he didn't use either against Lucci, who does scale to G5 Luffy.

Yee but all that doesn’t matter if gear 5 wasn’t serious
But Luffy has said he's always serious, even in this very arc

I haven’t seen the full fight tho
And I have to re-read the full fight because again I didn't pay full attention to it

Weren't G5 Luffy and Kizaru clashing at one point prior to Luffy hitting him with WSG?
nah, they weren't physically clashing, it was just luffy hitting away his lasers
I'll admit, I wasn't always fully paying attention to the fight. Plus, there's G5 Luffy using his Giant amp and even Hao, which he didn't use either against Lucci, who does scale to G5 Luffy.
I guess currently only some like kaido or the gorosei should scale
But Luffy has said he's always serious, even in this very arc
Just because luffy is serious doesn't mean he's going all out, he has before said that his serious and at the same time fought in base. Can't seem to fully remember when tho

if I remember correctly luffy says he's always serious because people think he's goofing around, which is different to going all out... I can't explain it well when I don't have the scans 🙉

Last edited:
Just because luffy is serious doesn't mean he's going all out, he has before said that his serious and at the same time fight in base. Can't seem to fully remember when tho

if I remember correctly luffy says he's always serious because people think he's goofing around, which is different to going all out... I can't explain it well when I don't have the scans 🙉
actually maybe... I don't know... Now that I've seen the statement of luffy saying he's always max effort, it seems kinda like a hyperbole statement

think like this... I'm kinda the same way, you can do things at max effort yet still hold back... As in the max effort of what your doing is either stalling someone or something

Does luffy ever call it a serious fight or something?

Because we have zoro saying that he isn't strong enough to get a chance of even fighting luffy

I noticed that Ju Peter beast form is also likely based from Mongolian Death Worm, but since it's a long name, Oda might went with Sandworm which make it and two-in-one reference

It also make him the only "demon" that aren't based from Japanese folklore

The Double-page spread of the Five Elders showing up in front of Luffy is my new favorite One Piece panel

Also, I think Zoro used advanced Conqueror's in his attack

Redon had a based reference in the spoilers to Archeops, btw, that pokemon was one of my favs in Black/White.

Back