• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1050: "Honor" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official translation literally says "The Final Battle in the skies over wano"
"The final battle"
"FINAL battle."

How and why this is "mid" is beyond me. Kaido fought all the scabbards, 5 of the worst generation, got his insides blast dozens of times, his heart shocked with radiation, fought Yamato, Luffy for an extended amount of time, literally goof'd by Gear 5 and still lasted for one final hoorah which the guy literally caused to become a CLASH, a thing villains Like Croc, Doffy and Enel couldn't even do when Luffy goes all out. He usually just blasts through their strongest thing in one go, flew many kilometers down, then dozens of more kilometers through bedrock and into a magma chamber that proceeded to detonate on him with an explosion powerful enough it dwarves nearly anything we've seen in the entire series.

This guy arguably took more punishment from WB in marineford and people think he went down "too easy". Just shows how much Oda pampered the fandom if you ask me. I'll agree the arc has unresolved things, but saying Kaido isn't done is definitely a stretch. That's Luffy's thing anyway

Chapter 1044 ends with “And now, the finale”

Narrator said the fight is over and Luffy’s the victor

Now these tweets say the fight is finally concluded

Like anyone who thinks Kaidou isn’t defeated yet is capping hard. All these arguments that “Kaidou can’t be defeated till all these plot points end” is blatantly false. WCI didn’t end when Luffy beat Katakuri, there was a lot left to be concluded and it finally ended after all of those events. In general, Wano still has a lot to go and we will likely even get more fights with more foes, but Kaidou himself is defeated.

Please god let it be Dawn related- or sun related.
I'm surprised Luffy's alive after all the worry about him killing himself with G5. But I guess it really did restore him. At this point I assume it was only a real threat because he was dead prior to using it and if he does it another time without the forced revival heart-drum it shouldn't drain his life force.

In general, Wano still has a lot to go and we will likely even get more fights with more foes, but Kaidou himself is defeated.
Yes, the fight with the Beast Pirates has yet to finish and the Marines are likely now going to intervene to take over the country, and this without consider that Big Mom's crew could also return to action too.

Last edited:
Big Mom's not only going down in Elbaf- she'll surpass Kaido in that arc too.
I'm dying on this hill

Unless Elbaf doesn't happen-
Elbaf ******* better happen, been foreshadowing it for years now

Need Usopp to get Mjolnir. He’s been using hammers since day 1, getting Mjolnir is basically the perfect plot development for him

Someone brought up a good point

Kaidou getting defeated without anyone witnessing his epic battle against Luffy with him basically getting off screened from the perspective of the Wano citizens therefore denying him the glorious defeat he desires where people tell his story for years to come he is very fitting end for Kaidou

Someone brought up a good point

Kaidou getting defeated without anyone witnessing his epic battle against Luffy with him basically getting off screened from the perspective of the Wano citizens therefore denying him the glorious defeat he desires where people tell his story for years to come he is very fitting end for Kaidou
Goes hand in hand with Oda saying Luffy doesn't kill his enemies but he basically destroys their dreams and lets them live to know that.
Though with Kaido it's a little less even since he also predicted/wanted the Joy Boy thing, so it might be a win-win for him at least on some level.

I insulted nobody of you...
sUtKuJO.png
I didn't say you did, I said and the post of the person insulting you, referring to Ebitan34.
Fact is,both Kaido and BM were handled like shit.2 ******* Yonkous and no awakening,Kaido got a 4 page FB while shit like Tama or Momo gets far more spotlight.Rly cool when the autor gives this 2 childs more importancy as Kaido
Your opinion on the series nothing to do with either of our points, but I'll address it anyway.

You could say the same thing about most enemies in OP. IIRC, only 2 of them have done it, and it's still unknown whether Kaido has or hasn't already. I'd honestly be happy if Blackbeard alone has a confirmed Awakening.

Edit: Forgot about the 4 jailers in Impel Down. That makes 6 known in the entirety of One Piece, and most of them aren't even main enemies.

4 pages? I kind of thought the battle between G5 Luffy and Kaido was brisk (probably because he was already fighting G4 beforehand), but you must be watching One Piece Kai.

I still think you've been watching One Piece Kai or something, because I don't remember either of them appearing a quarter as much as Kaido and being literally the focal point of the arc. Yamato is more noteworthy than both of them combined.
Almost anyone i know hates the ending of Kaido.Also,read this

100% accurate
I kind of agree with some of the post (though I could levy the same criticisms at early One Piece myself), but I don't feel as if this person has read more than 3 Shonen. Admittedly, I also haven't read a whole lot of them, but it's probably more than this person (not that it's a good thing).

Let's still go over some of the points, though.
  • 'Kid's finisher was treated badly'. The awesomely drawn railgun that contributed heavily in downing an amped Big Mom... treated badly.
  • Part of King and Queen's personalities is that they're overly critical of their subordinates. Funny how the X.Os of a drunkard mass-murderer aren't good people.
  • They complain that Luffy keeps coming back, a child played any part in the villain's downfall, and Yonko fights look like high-tier battles. What is this?
Almost zero plot lines have been resolved and the main villain got defeated. This is literally not how any past one piece arc has been written.
This is literally One Piece in a nutshell.

Last edited:
What's wrong with theorizing or speculating future chapters? No one is acting like an all knowing god who can make any thing come true with their theories?
If you want to sit down, do it yourself, but don't silence people who are excited about future chapters and love discussing about what's coming next from Oda.
It's that they try so hard to make their theories sound correct. When we thought Luffy was turning into liquid rubber, we didn't complain when it turned out it was actually a different substance. We just went along with it because we can't really always predict what happens in One Piece, and that's fine. But these people who think the raid will fail just can't back down and it's just plain weird and unnecessarily tenacious over nothing.

I definitely know people who complained
I don't. I mean, not directly about it not being liquid rubber, but yeah they complained. But that's more of because people will complain about anything let's be honest, just like they're complaining about Kaido's defeat right now.
Either way though, the people who complained about Luffy's awakening probably weren't as relentless as the people who think the raid will fail.

I mean it wasn't a BAD theory, but--
Funny Cartoon man>>>>> any theory I've seen for the fruit awakening
Nah ... It was a bad theory. Monkey King/Hanuman mythical Zoan fruit theory was the far superior theory and was in fact, partially correct

Last edited:
Hanoman theory doesn't make any sense to me, Bajrang Gun is just God level King Kong Gun and Hanoman had Rubbery body? How?

Hanoman can Shapeshifting, but his body not a Rubber anyway. How can he resistance to Blunt force and Immune to Lightning?

Nah ... It was a bad theory. Monkey King/Hanuman mythical Zoan fruit theory was the far superior theory and was in fact, partially correct
I beg to differ. Luffy becoming liquid rubber would still be versatile and it would make sense because he literally was rubber as we knew at that moment. Him becoming a monkey god wouldn't be that sensible as the only correlation he has to monkeys (besides the ones he fought while training, which I'll get back to very soon) is the fact that his name is Monkey D. Luffy. But names and epithets don't mean much in One Piece, that'd be like assuming that Akainu is a LITERAL Red Dog, due to that being his nickname, but no. It just means he has anger problems and hunts people down like a dog, and controls magma, thus Red Dog. At least, that's what it seems like it means. Also, the only reason Luffy even started naming his attacks after animals in the first place wasn't because his fruit is secretly correlated to them, and that was a way of foreshadowing it by Oda, it's just because he was literally fighting giant gorillas and lions and other things for 2 years. Hence King Kong Gun. Or Rhino Schneider ( forgot if he actually fought rhinos during that time but it was never explained just what animals were on the island, we only saw a few of them. The Sun God fruit is clearly MUCH more logical considering how much they talk about gods and especially Nika. Obviously there's probably some reason they do that, like they used to live on certain moons ( thus they had a lot of tales about what was on the sun as it was very easy to notice up there but too hot for most of them to visit. ) before visiting the current planet we see in One Piece, hence Lunarians, or Minks getting power from the Moon. Or Skypiea residents. Also, don't think I came up with that moon bit, it's just from a friend named Goodyfresh, but it's a good point for what I'm saying right now.

I beg to differ. Luffy becoming liquid rubber would still be versatile and it would make sense because he literally was rubber as we knew at that moment. Him becoming a monkey god wouldn't be that sensible as the only correlation he has to monkeys (besides the ones he fought while training, which I'll get back to very soon) is the fact that his name is Monkey D. Luffy. But names and epithets don't mean much in One Piece, that'd be like assuming that Akainu is a LITERAL Red Dog, due to that being his nickname, but no. It just means he has anger problems and hunts people down like a dog, and controls magma, thus Red Dog. At least, that's what it seems like it means. Also, the only reason Luffy even started naming his attacks after animals in the first place wasn't because his fruit is secretly correlated to them, and that was a way of foreshadowing it by Oda, it's just because he was literally fighting giant gorillas and lions and other things for 2 years. Hence King Kong Gun. Or Rhino Schneider ( forgot if he actually fought rhinos during that time but it was never explained just what animals were on the island, we only saw a few of them. The Sun God fruit is clearly MUCH more logical considering how much they talk about gods and especially Nika. Obviously there's probably some reason they do that, like they used to live on certain moons ( thus they had a lot of tales about what was on the sun as it was very easy to notice up there but too hot for most of them to visit. ) before visiting the current planet we see in One Piece, hence Lunarians, or Minks getting power from the Moon. Or Skypiea residents. Also, don't think I came up with that moon bit, it's just from a friend named Goodyfresh, but it's a good point for what I'm saying right now.
ADDENDUM:
The naming scheme is clearly a tribute to the things he sees or fights, as proved by Red Hawk having been a tribute to Ace and his death. So that's just an extra fact to prove my point.

He did display some level of liquidiness-ISH when he got hit with the Kundali Meteor shower and just- smooshed into portions that fit the club's strikes

Either that or it's just orange and really loose and firey looking.
Yamato said Luffy's hair is white. As well as his clothes.
It'd be awesome if he's white at night (because of the moon) and yellow /fiery in the morning because of the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back